Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    iPhone 3G Unlocked with SIM Card Adapter

Just four days after its launch, the iPhone 3G has been unlocked for the first time exactly like the original iPhone: using a special card that piggybacks to your SIM card, fooling the phone into thinking it's using an official carrier. While this is not the software unlock being developed by the usual suspects, the video clearly shows that it works fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1lQWH24hv4

Breno MacMasi, one of the Brazilian guys who achieved this, told us how it works:

Our procedure consist in use one SIM adapter to simulate a fake IMSI test card. Instead of the AT&T IMSI like in the universals.
    In other words, like the original SIM card hacks for the iPhone classic, this method forges the International Mobile Subscriber Identity, making the phone believe it's working in the network in which it's supposed to work. There's no word yet on the availability of this hack, but we will keep all of those who don't want to pay roaming charges updated.

http://gizmodo.com/5025249/iphone-3g...m-card-adapter
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about this one. Looks skeptical. You lose some of the features like visible voicemail if you cross over to another carrier. What about the roaming charges they are mentioning?

Quote Originally Posted by cpreasha View Post
    I don't know about this one. Looks skeptical. You lose some of the features like visible voicemail if you cross over to another carrier. What about the roaming charges they are mentioning?
    If it's unlocked there are no roaming charges.

How do you order an iphone? I tried calling the 800-number, but they don't do iphone sales on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by cpreasha View Post
    How do you order an iphone? I tried calling the 800-number, but they don't do iphone sales on the phone.
    You have to buy it in an ATT or Apple store.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I got my new iphone on Sunday. I love it so far, I swithched carriers from Verizon to At&t family plant. I got the 16 black and my girl got the 16g white and we decided to get the family plan.

Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831 View Post
    I got my new iphone on Sunday. I love it so far, I swithched carriers from Verizon to At&t family plant. I got the 16 black and my girl got the 16g white and we decided to get the family plan.
    Each time I go to the Apple store they have a long line outside. So I'll probably order it through the ATT store.

Yeah, I'm gonna go to the AT&T store. I'm gonna let the crowd die down a little. I live in a smaller city, so it may not be as bad as the Big APPLE.

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    AT&T's service sucks where I live, so Sprint decided to send me their version of the iphone, the Instinct for $0.99 since I work I'm working as the Telecommunications Analyst for our company until they hire someone else.

The iPhone 3G stands to deeply undermine leading smartphone maker Research in Motion, argue analysts with Needham & Co.. The firm contends that while RIM is firmly established in the enterprise world, and it has made dramatic gains in the consumer world with phones like the BlackBerry Pearl, this success has not been due to impressive new offerings so much as a lack of any substantial competition, including even the original iPhone. All this has changed with the 3G, says Needham.

With Apple having already announced 1 million in 3G sales, and demand remaining "unabated," according to Needham, the device is poised to eat into RIM's potential growth. Needham is thus shifting its rating of the company's stock from "hold" to "underperform," and lowering EPS (earnings per share) ratings for both 2008 and 2009.

It is believed, though, that RIM is unlikely to disappear from the smartphone realm. "Apple and RIM are not engaged in a zero-sum game," writes Needham, and as the smartphone market grows, it is possible that the two companies may settle into their own respective niches.

I just called an ATT store. They're now stating 21 business days to process an iPhone order. When I called yesterday they told me 5-7 days. I should have went yesterday. lol

damm, Well i went to the store in San Jose and had to wait about 3 hours to get my phone. I think it's probably slowed down now. I went to another apple store yesterday that was in a rich town Los Gatos and there was no waiting line outside. Then again they were sold out of iphones but get shipments everymorning.
    Anyone recommend a good bluetooth for the iphone. In CA you must have it in order to use ur phone while ur driving.

Actually I bought this bluetooth headset. Its the jawbone 2. Not to happy with the sound quality coming in. The commercial is awsome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5R2ZCKB0RY
    Last edited by firmechicano831; 07-16-2008 at 01:20 PM.

First time AT&T and iphone user. Can you send a text with a photo attached? I can take pics, but how about video?

Actually I bought this bluetooth headset. Its the jawbone 2. Not to happy with the sound quality coming in. The commercial is awsome.
    The jawbone is to large for me. I have small ears. I bought a very small Nokia headset. It matches the iPhone. Comes in a black and silver design.

First time AT&T and iphone user. Can you send a text with a photo attached? I can take pics, but how about video?
    You cannot send video or photo text messages. If you want to send a photo yo have to send it via email. You can email a phone number if you know the provider.

Emilio_Rebenga is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Edited. Read the board rules.

Emilio_Rebenga is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Jawbone sucks ass...I can get you a Motorola H9 at a fraction of the price that it sells for in stores

well I'm going to return it since I have a 30 day return policy. I will check out the motorola h9 that u mentioned.

I have the BlueAnt Z9 and it is the best one that I have ever had. I have been using bluetooth for 3 years or more and I wear it constantly. Check it out below.

http://www.myblueant.com/z9-bluetooth-headset.htm

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information