magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

Movie Reviews...

The Guru - This was plenty of Austin Powers’ humor reprised into a different character...nothing special, but often quite funny!

Get Smart - Humorous, but Ann never really displays her great form, and the plot is so predictable it's a bore. Only the Rock's co-starring role really makes this film plausible.

War Inc. - Semi-bizarre, along the lines of the film "Idiocracy" but not half as funny. Can't complain about the casting though, both Cusacks are great as usual, and Marisa Tomei & Hillary Duff were good, but with an over-the-top storyline only continued intrigue staves off attrition. It's amazing how stars sometimes sign on exclusively based on a film's novelty.

Wanted - WOW, WOW! The stunt creativity and movie-magic alone garner this interjection. Any action fan will absolutely LOVE this one, as it's probably the best thrill ride I've ever been on...seriously! The storyline is not too shabby, replete with catchy one-liners, sexual innuendos, and curiously a unprecedented catalyst (please don't give away the driving force behind this one). Of course when featuring a more svelte and decisively less curvacious than Lara Croft Angelina as ample eye candy, "How could it or you possibly go wrong?"
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Nice thanks Magic was waiting for your latest review....

I know what I am going to watch tonight....

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    The Happening - A pretty good mind twisting movie, its done by M Night Shalamayan so u know its good...

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    The Happening - A pretty good mind twisting movie, its done by M Night Shalamayan so u know its good...
    i heard from several people that this was the worst movie they had ever seen by far. my father-in-law left it was so bad.

MojoNoir is offline Junior Member
    For me Shalamayan is hit or miss. His good stuff is GREAT. But then theres "The Village"...

Diary of a Mad-man is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    i heard from several people that this was the worst movie they had ever seen by far. my father-in-law left it was so bad.
    I have heard nothing BUT bad reviews. I thought it would be awesome from the previews.

burnin69 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post

Wanted - WOW, WOW! The stunt creativity and movie-magic alone garner this interjection. Any action fan will absolutely LOVE this one, as it's probably the best thrill ride I've ever been on...seriously! The storyline is not too shabby, replete with catchy one-liners, sexual innuendos, and curiously a unprecedented catalyst (please don't give away the driving force behind this one). Of course when featuring a more svelte and decisively less curvacious than Lara Croft Angelina as ample eye candy, "How could it or you possibly go wrong?"
    I cant wait to see this. No one pulls sexy off better than angelina.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoNoir View Post
    For me Shalamayan is hit or miss. His good stuff is GREAT. But then theres "The Village"...
    I like all his films since The Sixth Sense, their suspense is rather subtle, but still engaging and always entertaining...Unbreakable, Signs, The Village, Lady in the Water, and The Happening. Reviewed the latter here:

Recent movie reviews...

I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    m night shamalayn is a total idiot, he hasnt made a good movie since the sixth sense.

the happening has an 18% rating on rotten tomatoes and everyone ive talked to hated it.

413 is offline New Member
    last few movies i saw:

the guru: would be the stupidest freaking movie i've ever seen, if not for the fact that just the week before i saw...

the happening: seriously, just stab me in the balls before making me see this again.

wall-e: this was pretty much the shit. go see it.
    Last edited by 413; 06-28-2008 at 01:46 AM. Reason: my bad, didn't know that the board edits out the f-bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    m night shamalayn is a total idiot, he hasnt made a good movie since the sixth sense.
    Personal opinion/preference i.e. subjectivity is one thing, if you don't like the guy then great, that's why there are a bevy of other directors...

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    the happening has an 18% rating on rotten tomatoes and everyone ive talked to hated it.
    ...but this is the very reason I've never been a fan of the Family Feud. The show simply isn't factual or even representative, just like the "everyone I've talked to" statement. What a 100-person survey says is largely irrelevant regardless of the cross section unless that hundred people came from the same demographic as each and every respondent which is not possible. You can't stratify a survey for a national and/or international audience, just as the people you talk to will only be those in your sphere of influence.

See what you think of "Wanted", its far more applicable to our (the mean steroid site member) demographic, not that they're isn't variance here as well.
    Last edited by magic32; 06-28-2008 at 09:50 AM.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Good reviews. I may have to check out a flick this weekend.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    Personal opinion/preference i.e. subjectivity is one thing, if you don't like the guy then great, that's why there are a bevy of other directors...

...but this is the very reason I've never been a fan of the Family Feud. The show simply isn't factual or even representative, just like the "everyone I've talked to" statement. What a 100-person survey says is largely irrelevant regardless of the cross section unless that hundred people came from the same demographic as each and every respondent which is not possible. You can't stratify a survey for a national and/or international audience, just as the people you talk to will only be those in your sphere of influence.

See what you think of "Wanted", its far more applicable to our (the mean steroid site member) demographic, not that they're isn't variance here as well.
    lol, the mean steroid site member

i watched the happening on the net yesterday and i couldnt stand it

shamalan rides on his reputation he made since the sixth sense but all of his recent movies fell flat. the plot goes nowhere and he spends more time exploring a basically silly idea that is hardly scary nor worth the time thinking about.

wanted is supposed to be really good. personally, i want to see wall-e

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    i loved sixth sense probably in like my top 15 favorite movies. but i will wait for happening to come on to cable.

Thread Information