Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    jsinur7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    The heaviest I have gone is 70's for about 6 on cycle and I wouldn't do it in public...
    what does that mean? 6 on cycle and why wouldnt you do it in public?

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsinur7 View Post
    what does that mean? 6 on cycle and why wouldnt you do it in public?
    It just means, i was arching my back and turning all red and form wasn't the greatest, so it would be embarrassing in public (i have a gym at my house that I work out in addition to a gym membership)..... I still work up to 65's at my pad, but I do ugly form to hopefully gain some power stregnth....

Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    Dude 80lb dumb bell curls are intense man. I mean no offense, and don't take this the wrong way J, because I have no problems with you, I just find it hard to believe you do it that many sets and reps.... Is that you in you Avatar???? No ragging bro just sitting back scatching my head a bit
    dont get me wrong, i dont take offense toit... i have gtten the same reaction my whle life.. i have always been way stronger then i looked... i dont know if it makes sense, but one guy told me it'sprobably because of being hypoglycemic and insulin production or something... i dont know what he meant by that, but i am hypoglycemic... does that make any sense to anyone else, as he never answered me again about it to explain more.

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    no, i said "IF" you follow the calorie intake thread, not MY THREAD... and if i assumed you did, i wouldnt have bothered telling you i liv on a calorie restricted diet... geez... people take everything the wrong way on here... sorry i bothered to ask and learn about others methods and lifestyles...
    i thought you were saying like i should have known. thats all. no biggie. i thought you liked my sense of humor...............

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    80 pound dumbell curls, is there even a video of the pro's doing that much? Hey J why don't you post a video and shut everyone up. I personally don't believe it but nothing personal I just have never seen it done.....ever.

jsinur,

Ok so you claim you are naturally strong...that's cool and I like that kind of stuff, but before you consider yourself that what's your stregnth numbers and we will tell you if you are naturally strong... Squat, Dead, Bench... Curling 80's is phenominal, but doesn't qualify as strong... that is light weight baby compared to real stregnth determined movements.... So let's hear em?

Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    i thought you were saying like i should have known. thats all. no biggie. i thought you liked my sense of humor...............
    imusta missed a happy face or something as i thought you sounded pissed like i insulted you or i had an ego problem or something...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i'd rather look like i can bench press 405 than actually bench press 405.

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    I mean dude.... I can curl the 80's but after warm up and i might get 1 maybe two solid. Don't know man all the more power to you
    I say video...And not to rag you just really wanna see it. Like Rock said, I have never seen the pro's do that. If you can you should enter the Strongest man competitions....Seriously
    Last edited by TJM7275; 07-09-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31 View Post
    80 pound dumbell curls, is there even a video of the pro's doing that much? Hey J why don't you post a video and shut everyone up. I personally don't believe it but nothing personal I just have never seen it done.....ever.
    i'll see what i can do...

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred;4071***
    jsinur,

Ok so you claim you are naturally strong...that's cool and I like that kind of stuff, but before you consider yourself that what's your stregnth numbers and we will tell you if you are naturally strong... Squat, Dead, Bench... Curling 80's is phenominal, but doesn't qualify as strong... that is light weight baby compared to real stregnth determined movements.... So let's hear em?
    i didnt say i was superman, i said strong for my size and shape... like i said above, i am not as strong in other areas, i just use those muscles daily in work... bech press, i dont know, i never went big on it, i work out with 225 (i think if the bar is 45 too and 90 on each side) dead never tried, but i carry around 3-400 pound logs on my shoulder at work... squats, dont know again, but like i said above i am top heavy, so i doubt squats would be much at all... my main strength is in real life application thn in the weight room..

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    They are building good muscles and 0 injures.

Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    I mean dude.... I can curl the 80's but after warm up and i might get 1 maybe two solid. Don't know man all the more power to you
    I say video...And not to rag you just really wanna see it. Like Rock said, I have never seen the pro's do that. If you can you should enter the Strongest man competitions....Seriously
    do they have a light weight catergory... again, i'm only 200 pounds, and top heavy, so alot of things i will fall off on... i didnt say i was superman all around, most leg things i'd fail at i'm sure,

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    for everyone that hasent seen curls done that heavy, heres a video of 40kg which is like 86lbs idk kg lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8T-mFKBz14o&feature=related

i didnt say i was superman, i said strong for my size and shape... like i said above, i am not as strong in other areas, i just use those muscles daily in work... bech press, i dont know, i never went big on it, i work out with 225 (i think if the bar is 45 too and 90 on each side) dead never tried, but i carry around 3-400 pound logs on my shoulder at work... squats, dont know again, but like i said above i am top heavy, so i doubt squats would be much at all... my main strength is in real life application thn in the weight room..
    I gotcha man... Usually life application stregnth always translate to the gym stregnth.... I was raised working with real heavy stuff too and when I hit the gym my weights went up pretty quick because of the real life usage...

I guess everyones different... anyhow, I am not trying to bust your balls, I'll have to learn more about the log stuff some time.. that sounds pretty bad ass.... Peace and good lifting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    lol not like i'll lie about my weights.......DB alt curls i pretty much don't ever go higher than 55s or 60s......and those i can only do for 6 a side......granted i just came off contest prep but whateva...........hammer curls.....70s maybe, i think my form starts gettin pretty hairy there too though...

oh and i deadlift 585 plus

whats the difference between curls and hammer curls? maybe i'm doing one and not the other? is one easier then the other? like i said, i aint a bodybuilder so i dont really know the names of anything except th basics

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7gTtc-kRm0s

This ones hilarious.....just skip to the 4:30 mark and up to the 5:10 mark.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    in all honesty guys I have curled heavier, and my trainers who are canadian champs curl wayyyyy heavier, but that being said we're all pretty large!! As teh guy said he uses his arms all day long, and for us guys who dont use our arms all day long, use your calves as an example!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31 View Post
    Ah, come on beefecakes? I thought it was going to be bad ass... anyone can do what that dude was doing, well almost...lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GbpcqYF240w

i pretty much do it like this, but without all the rocking and not so much of a twist atthe top...

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength View Post
    in all honesty guys I have curled heavier, and my trainers who are canadian champs curl wayyyyy heavier, but that being said we're all pretty large!! As teh guy said he uses his arms all day long, and for us guys who dont use our arms all day long, use your calves as an example!!!
    Alright that's it... I'm doing 90's for reps by the en of the year... You can't do more than me...

I've never been beat by a canook...

Ah, come on beefecakes? I thought it was going to be bad ass... anyone can do what that dude was doing, well almost...lol
    Haha, read the info on the side, the guy was trying to impress some girl and used every muscle except his bicep lol.

tis is all i'm saying, if i was gonna lie about something i'd make myself look big doing bench press etc... not curls... i mean i work those muscle 10 to 12 hours a day for the last 8 years... i lik the calves thing... wish i could get those fuc%ers to grow...

I've never been beat by a canook...
    canook? why do i know that word?

Alright that's it... I'm doing 90's for reps by the en of the year... You can't do more than me...
    Bring it on boy

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    ok guys these are the 80's................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqfrP...eature=related

Alright so lets leave this thread as... He has strong arms.. No biggie, hes not talking shit about every muscle groups, just his arms!! If he ate enough he'd grow :laugh:

Bring it on boy
    Now were talking.... you threw in the BOY word ... your history, nobody's man enough to call me that.

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    lex nice video.. and that girl is date able imo. sure shes a big mofo. but she has the boobies. the bodybuilders without boobies are not datable

Alright so lets leave this thread as... He has strong arms.. No biggie, hes not talking shit about every muscle groups, just his arms!! If he ate enough he'd grow :laugh:
    thats right!!!! dont make me start eating on all your asses... lol

ok guys these are the 80's................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqfrP...eature=related
    HOLY SHIT.... this thread is giving me a complex...little man syndrome or something...lol

DDDEEEEEEE AAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!!!! i never liked muscle chicks, but she got something going on...

canook? why do i know that word?
    I use to live upstate new york.... I frequented Canada quite often.

anonymous21 is offline Junior Member
    .......i mean is it an intimidation thing or something? cause personally id rather be a sleeper that can explode then one of these big dudes who when he gets his bluff called by a little guy he falls apart... (AGAIN, I KNOW NOT ALL, But it is quite common)
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by getting his bluff called and falling apart, but if you are talking about fighting, any experienced fighter knows that size and strength have very little to do when compared to style and technique.

Now were talking.... you threw in the BOY word ... your history, nobody's man enough to call me that.
    Good im giving you motivation.. My trainer slapped me on the back of the head before bent over rows the other day!! Its great!!!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I curl the squat rack.

thats right!!!! dont make me start eating on all your asses... lol
    personally I want you nowhere my ass.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous21 View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by getting his bluff called and falling apart, but if you are talking about fighting, any experienced fighter knows that size and strength have very little to do when compared to style and technique.
    i mean bluff by the fact that "SOME" big guys never have to fight cause they intimidate their way out... wich when they come across the wrong guy, they get their bluff called... no doubt its not size in a fight...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information