Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musicians unite

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness

Musicians unite

I was wondering if there's any fellow musicians on the board? If so what do you play? Guitar player here (for the most part, I play a bit of everything)

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    drums here.

some guitar and keyboard

Nice dude, and from judging from your music you have listed in other threads it seems you and I have somewhat similar tastes in music, not exact but same kinda stuff. You been playing for a long time? I started out playing the drums when I was 7 but gave up and now I wish I didn't. I'm probably a better guitar than I would have been drummer anyways I guess haha.

Yeah I play bass when needed and I can tickle the ivory here and there. Do you write music or just sort of play along to stuff for fun?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post
    Nice dude, and from judging from your music you have listed in other threads it seems you and I have somewhat similar tastes in music, not exact but same kinda stuff. You been playing for a long time? I started out playing the drums when I was 7 but gave up and now I wish I didn't. I'm probably a better guitar than I would have been drummer anyways I guess haha.

Yeah I play bass when needed and I can tickle the ivory here and there. Do you write music or just sort of play along to stuff for fun?

not very long at all. About 4-5 years

I dont write anything, just play along. I do though throw out ideas and such lol

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    Currently playing guitar and doing vokills in black metal band.
    Played drums, but quit because of my knees (I couldn't stand long hours of double bass) now i only compose for my bro's band.

Big sexy; thats sweet, drums are fun as hell to play along to and you can throw in your own savage fills when necassary.

Voland; Niiiice, yeah black metal drummers need heavy feet, and strong legs to lift them ha. I find the one armed snare rolls more tiring though, they rip my forearm apart hahah. You compose black metal or a bit of everything?

I'm mainly a writer, I don't really play other bands songs unless I figure them out while the songs playing, been playing for 9 years. My bands actually recording right now so maybe when the tracks are done and it's all mixed and sh*t I'll show throw them up on here, won't be for a month or so. We're melodic metal kinda, lots of riffs and solos but more modern Tool inspired vocals, I guess. Hard to describe so I'll just let you hear when it's done haha.

Blog Entries
    lol yeah, drums are f'ing tiring

Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post
    Big sexy; thats sweet, drums are fun as hell to play along to and you can throw in your own savage fills when necassary.

Voland; Niiiice, yeah black metal drummers need heavy feet, and strong legs to lift them ha. I find the one armed snare rolls more tiring though, they rip my forearm apart hahah. You compose black metal or a bit of everything?

Yep. I played flat foot technique and matched grip. Snare was my thing hahah although i could only do a fast non-sloppy one arm snare roll with my right arm (i used mostly fingers and a little wrist movement)

I compose mainly black and death metal because that is the music i like the most. But I do like to experiment with anything that comes into my mind. Mostly i try to express a feeling with a melody. Once that is done i may or mey not add lyrics.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    used to be heavy into guitar before i got serious with school and the gym. have a custom shop ash strat with maple fretboard, emg pickups, dark cherry finish. sex in guitar form. amp is a peavey triple xxx 2x12 and some various line 6 effects stuff

Yeah for sure. Drums make me sweaty, and I suck haha. Yeah I'm not huge into black metal, I like when elements of it are incorporated into other kinds of metal though. I much prefer throaty yells and growls than the higher pitch black metal vox. I love every kind of music though, my main sweet spot is for metal but I love a very big selection of music. Writing keeps me sane too, I'm one of those eccentric musicians who has to do it or they go crazy haha.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    dukki plays the skin flute

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    used to be heavy into guitar before i got serious with school and the gym. have a custom shop ash strat with maple fretboard, emg pickups, dark cherry finish. sex in guitar form. amp is a peavey triple xxx 2x12 and some various line 6 effects stuff
    Sweet jesus man, that sounds heavenly. I'm guessing it just purrs eh? I'm not too much of a strat man, but when they're nice, god are they nice. I'm rocking a BC rich exclusive (very rare, 24 fret double cutaway, similar to a PRS, I LOVE it, got it for free and it's my stage guitar), an Epi les Paul for back up, and my newest baby my 8 string Ibanez! I love that sh*t. And yes, all 3 of my guitars have EMGs

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    dukki plays the skin flute
    My skin flute's broken, it's leaking white fluid :-(

I just play a good ol Ibanez RG 350

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    here is my beauty,

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=7064495

Tell me what you think. I don't play anymore but on this album I'm playing guitar since these are some of our old school songs.

Guitar hero for me too these days. Sigh* I wish there were more hours in the day.

Oh and btw, now my wife's cousin (My best buddies little bro) plays guitar for them. He wrote the muisic for Diluted. He's better than I'll ever be.

Rugger, sounds pretty damn good dude. What happened with that it just didn't work out?

Well for me anyways. I got a new job and didn't have time to jam like I used to. The band is still alive and well tho. I still go to the concerts a lot and they're comin out with a new album here soon too.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    I play the piano and sing.

I've been playing for just over 20 years now.

Hoping to have a single out by the end of the year as I've got a lot of my own material.

Dunno if it'll happen though.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Just started playing the guitar about 8 months ago ... absolutely love it ... I have an ESP Eclipse.

I'm thinking about picking up an electric drum kit too.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Drums.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    I play piano, guitar, nexus, violin, bass, & anything I need too.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Omg there is blood everywhere.. i dont know what to do

Blog Entries
    i play guitar,bass,keyboard,drums and sing. i play guitar,bass and sing in the band Mr. Burns. i switch off from guitar to bass every 4-5 songs with another guy whom used to play in the band 6GIG. thay were a national act for a while(there most played radio song was "hit the ground"). im about to start playing bass for a new deathmeatal project in the future. i have a few cd's with my now defunct band Harvest.on our first cd we did a song with one of the gutarists (Frank Hannon) from the band Tesla. thay were big in the 80's early 90's. im married and have a kid so i am not as active in the music sean as i was in my 20's(now 36) later peeps.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Played Guitar my whole life it seems....started at age 9. I have a '76 Les Paul Standard (aka Stinky), a '78 Les Paul Custom (aka Becky), a '90 Les Paul Custom (aka Blackie), '87Steinberger GM2T, '63 Vintage Strat reissue with Rio Grande p-ups (aka #1), an Ovation acoustic. I play through a Marshall JCM DSL 50 head and 2 2X12 cabs loaded with Vintage 30's. Only effects I use are chorus and wah.

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe View Post
    Played Guitar my whole life it seems....started at age 9. I have a '76 Les Paul Standard (aka Stinky), a '78 Les Paul Custom (aka Becky), a '90 Les Paul Custom (aka Blackie), '87Steinberger GM2T, '63 Vintage Strat reissue with Rio Grande p-ups (aka #1), an Ovation acoustic. I play through a Marshall JCM DSL 50 head and 2 2X12 cabs loaded with Vintage 30's. Only effects I use are chorus and wah.

MJ
    Sounds nice man, Im jealous of your collection. I don't really mess with effects, just some delay here or there but that's about it. well I'm glad to see there's some fellow noise makers on here. If anyone else has any tracks, throw some links up.

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    Guitar, Drums, Bass, Vocals, but guitar's the only one I'd say I'm very good at.

BLLLLLAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK MEEETTTTAAAAALLLLL!!!!!
    (slits own throat)

allrippedup is offline New Member
    Well... This is a much different post from all of you rockers out there. I am a high school band director (everyone thinks I'm a phys. ed teacher though). I've been doing this for 29 years and still love it. Kids are great and definitely keep you hip. I have and undergrad degree in piano and graduate degree in voice. I did my time in a rock band in the 80's and had a blast. Doing all kinds of gigs on the side to make extra $$ support my fam.

I think that it's pretty cool that there's a lot of lifters out there who are into music.

Blog Entries
    yes im surprised as well. id have to say for me though lifting has become my new passion. i still love to play but i dont as much anymore.

This is who I am:

Big Bikes, Bike Guitars & Big Workouts!!!!!

MJ

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    yes im surprised as well. id have to say for me though lifting has become my new passion. i still love to play but i dont as much anymore.
    I hope you still practice a lot.

I've been playing since i was 5.. but i took a sabbatical in my late teens from stringent rehearsal and performing... as a result i never quite got back that 'edge' i had to my playing.

I mean the break helped me to 'hear' things differently... as i was exposed to different music, so i wrote and played differently as a result.

But... i don't think i am as good or fluid as i was before.

And i'm not sure i can get back there...though i'm not going to let that thought stop me from trying to get there.

-C

Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    I hope you still practice a lot.

I've been playing since i was 5.. but i took a sabbatical in my late teens from stringent rehearsal and performing... as a result i never quite got back that 'edge' i had to my playing.

I mean the break helped me to 'hear' things differently... as i was exposed to different music, so i wrote and played differently as a result.

But... i don't think i am as good or fluid as i was before.

And i'm not sure i can get back there...though i'm not going to let that thought stop me from trying to get there.

-C
    What Instrument??

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    What Instrument??
    Piano ... I think.

Wow there is alot of us. I think some of it might have to do with the fact the dedication it takes to play an instrument is very similar to the dedication it takes to train; you're solo and doing it all yourself, and the more you do it the better you improve, you see the results. And if you taper off...well, so do the results.

Any guys gigging? That's awesome to the guy who is a band teacher, I teach guitar on the side to add some cash aswell as working at a gym. I love teaching, it can be stressful but if the kid has a knack for it, watching them improve is satisfying. Refreshes my theory aswell.

My band has taken some time off to record an album, havn't played a show in a couple months. I kinda miss the intense rush of playing in front of 200-1000 people. Previously was playing a couple bigger shows a month, even got ourselves a one-day gig at the Warped Tour.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    used to play the drums

Yes, lost our bass player.....Currently holding auditions. I hate bass players!!! They are usually very strange people! Not like us normal jacked-up guitar players!!

MJ

Yes, lost our bass player.....Currently holding auditions. I hate bass players!!! They are usually very strange people! Not like us normal jacked-up guitar players!!

MJ
    Haha yeah, quite the bunch they are. Most I come across are ex-guitar players who try to play guitar on bass...you're a rythym instrument damnit. They're usually a little mentally out there aswell...but so am I so who am I to judge haha

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    I played drums and all percussion(marimba, timpani...ect) for 6 years

I played for the Central Florida Symphony and finished my career with a US tour with Drum Corps International

Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    I played drums and all percussion(marimba, timpani...ect) for 6 years

I played for the Central Florida Symphony and finished my career with a US tour with Drum Corps International
    Mmmm chicks who play music

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information