anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive

any small business owners?

Hey guys. I am 26. I have been in retail for about 10 years now. i have been a store manager for some time also. I would say I am very knowledgable when it comes to understanding numbers and how to operate. My goal within the next few years is to become my own boss. Idealy i would love to own a bar/resturaunt but for now i would like to start smaller. Anyone have any ideas of something small but profitable? Low startup costs? I was thinking about looking into the possibilities of a liquor store but havnt really done much research yet. just an idea. Any input would be great.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I have some businesses, just want to remind you not to discount manufacturing, one of my businesses is more retail (restaurant and small bar) the other is a supplier business, i get much less headaches from the supplier one than the other (and more money)

I am not in the states so i will leave ideas to people that know your country..

Good luck to you and be wise...

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    ^^^^ what he said. seriously don't invent fire, just re-invent the wheel. Not sure if your understand what i am trying to say. Do what you know best but find your niche. Find something that you know and do it better than others.
    good luck dude

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Make sure your credit is sweeeeet!

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC View Post
    Hey guys. I am 26. I have been in retail for about 10 years now. i have been a store manager for some time also. I would say I am very knowledgable when it comes to understanding numbers and how to operate. My goal within the next few years is to become my own boss. Idealy i would love to own a bar/resturaunt but for now i would like to start smaller. Anyone have any ideas of something small but profitable? Low startup costs? I was thinking about looking into the possibilities of a liquor store but havnt really done much research yet. just an idea. Any input would be great.

how much capital do u have on hand? what's your credit score? Do u have a good credit line? where are u located, big city or small town?

here are some possible ventures:
    1. operating a car wash facility on a busy traffic space 2. running a small elecronic retail store that competes with Radio Shack 3. starting a donut shop in downtown area 4. another option is tire shop.

By the way- have u ever heard of SWOT analysis?

what's your thought
    Last edited by J431S; 12-27-2008 at 12:52 AM.

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    not to hijack the thread, but this thread intrugues me b/c I am in my third year of college and want to open a coffeehouse/cafe a few yrs after graduation. I am almost ready to write my business plan and I know a few prominent ppl in my community that can help me with this.

we just need to make sure the market is right for entrepreneurs

goodluck

He won't need a SWOT analysis -- he's not running a corp

J431S is offline Banned
    why do u think startup entrepanuers should not analyze their strength, weakness, opportunities and threats in a business trade of their choice against any competition in a turbulent economy?
    Last edited by J431S; 12-27-2008 at 01:30 AM.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    have you ever done mlm or home based businesses?

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalGear View Post
    not to hijack the thread, but this thread intrugues me b/c I am in my third year of college and want to open a coffeehouse/cafe a few yrs after graduation. I am almost ready to write my business plan and I know a few prominent ppl in my community that can help me with this.

we just need to make sure the market is right for entrepreneurs

goodluck
    u don't need college education to open a cafe, animalgear, but it 'd certainly help in many other aspects. what u need is the right "location" plus a small capital to startup your operation to achieve your business vision: cafe.

for free consultation don't hesistate to send me an email or ask any business question.
    Last edited by J431S; 12-27-2008 at 01:33 AM.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I'm a small business owner, but I'm not sure I would call your mom small

Quote Originally Posted by J431S View Post
    u don't need college education to open a cafe, animalgear, but it 'd certainly help in many other aspects. what u need is the right "location" plus a small capital to startup your operation to achieve your business vision: cafe.

for free consultation don't hesistate to send me an email or ask any business question.
    Thanks J, that would be awesome, i may eventually need to talk to you about it...and you're right, a SWOT isn't just for corps!

J431S is offline Banned
    good luck man.

Thread Information