Thread: Dating Advice

KatsMeow is offline Stupid

Dating Advice

Hey guys, I'm back on the dating scene and I've got a couple dates lined up for next week. I'm just wondering if you have any advice, it's been a while and I'm kind of nervous. I think I have a good personality and I'm a humble person but I just want to make sure I don't throw up any red flags.

One date is with a doctor who seems pretty cool and down to earth and another is with a very successful person that I have actually known for about 12 years so I'm not to worried about that one since I already hung out with him this weekend.

Both of them just left to go out of town and will be back next week so at least that gives me a little bit of time to get it together!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Good for you!

My strategy is to go to a nice restaurant bar for a first date. That way you can bail after the drink if he's a bore, or stay and sit down for dinner if you're enjoying yourselves. Plus, you'll get an idea on date one whether they're well mannered and also get to know some of their likes and dislikes... Always be prepared to pay, although if he has any class he won't let you.

Just be yourself. If you aren't it will only come back to bite you in the ass.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    Hey guys, I'm back on the dating scene and I've got a couple dates lined up for next week. I'm just wondering if you have any advice, it's been a while and I'm kind of nervous. I think I have a good personality and I'm a humble person but I just want to make sure I don't throw up any red flags.

One date is with a doctor who seems pretty cool and down to earth and another is with a very successful person that I have actually known for about 12 years so I'm not to worried about that one since I already hung out with him this weekend.

Both of them just left to go out of town and will be back next week so at least that gives me a little bit of time to get it together!

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Like said above, just be yourself. So many people try too hard to be funny, attractive, or whatever on a first date which normally always turns out bad. If you are confident and calm the date will go much better.

If you need me to take one of them guys off your hands for you just give me a call.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    dont talk about your ex's
    dont sleep with them
    laugh at his crap jokes if you like him
    choose meal that is easy and neat to eat
    dont drink too much
    watch your drink at all times
    be yourself
    and i hate it if your late or not ready when you say you will be
    Hope this helps

moregunsthanroses is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Like said above, just be yourself. So many people try too hard to be funny, attractive, or whatever on a first date which normally always turns out bad. If you are confident and calm the date will go much better.

If you need me to take one of them guys off your hands for you just give me a call.
    lol DSM

I don't really have any advice I'm not much of the dating type so it would be unfair for me to spew something out. Goodluck with your dates!

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    screw the bar and dinner

go to a cafe or a bookstore with a cafe. grab a coffee, sit in comfy chairs and chat. chat for a bit till you feel comfortable. then maybe go for dinner. or play some pool or something.

that way you can chat for a bit and if hes a bum or your bored, say you gotta go. that way your not forced into sitting through a whole dinner and having to wait till its over to leave.

by just chattin in a quiet cafe you can get to know them better without dinner and waitressess and so on interrupting you. its just you and them and a cup of joe.

get a feel for them and decide where you want to go from there

and not back to your bedroom kats... hahahaha J/K!!!!

love ya hun!!

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Look pretty.

Guys have to worry about more than girls. Basicly if you just look cute, pay attention when he talks and don't be a bump on a log you are fine.

Looks just matter more to guys than to girls.

guys can create attraction easier than girls

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    The best advice you'll ever get: don't ask for dating advice on the internet

run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI View Post
    The best advice you'll ever get: don't ask for dating advice on the internet
    QFT. I frequent a car forum and everyone who posts relationship questions always have later threads about how they were cheated on, dumped, or otherwise put out of their relationship. The posting of the question seems to be a very accurate predictor of a bad outcome. I'm not saying, I'm just saying . . .

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    dress like this and your good to go

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    But like stated, just be yourself.
    Too many people try to be things they aren't. And this leads people to like the fake shell people put on, then everything just goes to shit from there.
    If someone doesn't like you for you, then it obviously won't work and isn't worth your time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    screw the bar and dinner

go to a cafe or a bookstore with a cafe. grab a coffee, sit in comfy chairs and chat. chat for a bit till you feel comfortable. then maybe go for dinner. or play some pool or something.

that way you can chat for a bit and if hes a bum or your bored, say you gotta go. that way your not forced into sitting through a whole dinner and having to wait till its over to leave.

by just chattin in a quiet cafe you can get to know them better without dinner and waitressess and so on interrupting you. its just you and them and a cup of joe.

get a feel for them and decide where you want to go from there

and not back to your bedroom kats... hahahaha J/K!!!!

love ya hun!!
    dukki, im impressed by your reply. ive always seen you as the ultimat player then i see you go and post something all logical,and caring and thoughtfull...................well said my friend and good advise.

do i even know you anymore?................lol

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    dukki, im impressed by your reply. ive always seen you as the ultimat player then i see you go and post something all logical,and caring and thoughtfull...................well said my friend and good advise.

do i even know you anymore?................lol
    why do you think im the ultimate player.... cuz im logical and i know how to date... heheheeh

thank you my friend. you guys know me better then most of my real life friends. sad but true...

Awww Dukkit is a player sometimes but he's a good guy and he loves his kitty! Anywho, yeah I'm totally not going to be bringing anyone to my bedroom for sure, and I'm not planning on doing any drinking and making a fool out of myself. It's won't be bad at all with the guy that I have known for quite some time, because at least we won't run out of things to talk about. And I don't want to hear about anyone else's ex so I surely won't bring up the asshole I used to date.

Thanks for the advice though, I am who I am, if they like me then good, otherwise like Big Sexy said it will be a waste of my time.

I think I'm going to throw myself into Ketosis for a week and only eat protein and drink water so I can drop about 10lbs so that way I will feel a little bit more confident.

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    dont talk about your ex's
    dont sleep with them
    laugh at his crap jokes if you like him
    choose meal that is easy and neat to eat
    dont drink too much
    watch your drink at all times
    be yourself
    and i hate it if your late or not ready when you say you will be
    Hope this helps
    good advice, thanks!

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Awww Dukkit is a player sometimes but he's a good guy and he loves his kitty! Anywho, yeah I'm totally not going to be bringing anyone to my bedroom for sure, and I'm not planning on doing any drinking and making a fool out of myself. It's won't be bad at all with the guy that I have known for quite some time, because at least we won't run out of things to talk about. And I don't want to hear about anyone else's ex so I surely won't bring up the asshole I used to date.

Thanks for the advice though, I am who I am, if they like me then good, otherwise like Big Sexy said it will be a waste of my time.
    no drinkin? ouch ,, at least a glass or 2 to break the nervousness. When i use to go out on dates and the girl wouldnt at least have a drink they always turned out to be bores or the dates sukd but thats just my exp.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Always leave them wanting more. Only rule you need to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    no drinkin? ouch ,, at least a glass or 2 to break the nervousness. When i use to go out on dates and the girl wouldnt at least have a drink they always turned out to be bores or the dates sukd but thats just my exp.
    Since I don't drink it only takes one drink and I'm buzzed and 2 drinks and I'm drunk, I had 4 drinks this weekend and don't remember a lot of it....LOL

So I might have one just to calm the nerves but that's the limit

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lifts-a-lot View Post
    Always leave them wanting more. Only rule you need to follow.
    For sure, I think I'm a pretty respectable person so this shouldn't be a hard one.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    NO ADVICE BUT GET EM TIGER..

g/l

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    I think I'm going to throw myself into Ketosis for a week and only eat protein and drink water so I can drop about 10lbs so that way I will feel a little bit more confident.
    just be yourself, you don't need to drop 10lbs, you look amazing(i remember the border patrol pic)

just be yourself, and if the guy doesn't like you for who you are then say and leave, plenty of guys out there that would want someone as wonderful as you

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    just be yourself, you don't need to drop 10lbs, you look amazing(i remember the border patrol pic)

just be yourself, and if the guy doesn't like you for who you are then say and leave, plenty of guys out there that would want someone as wonderful as you
    That is so sweet Phate, thank you so much!

CMPD213 is offline Associate Member
    If you go to a nice restaurant just get a glass of wine, that way you can sip it throughout your meal and you won't get too messed up..

If he takes you to a nice restaurant he is interested in dating you

If he takes you to a bar, well he's more in it for some play

Those two statements aren't always true, but that's just how i think....

Be yourself, stay calm, and be confident.

Don't look in the mirror before you go out and say god i look bad.. Be like damn who's that sexy lady

Watch my brand new haircut video on youtube, that guy doesn't seem to have any problems

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    That is so sweet Phate, thank you so much!
    only stating the obvious, tell us how it goes

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Let them know right from the beggining you got another date set up. Confront them both and ask them questions. How much money do u have? what will you do for me? what is ur understanding of a relationship? What kinda presents should I expect on my birthday? Christmas? all those things and see which one is the best.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe everyone here bows down to this chick to give her "dating" advice.

Get it straight, guys. None of you are getting or going to get any ass from her so don't give her the kiss ass nice guy advice. If she really takes any advice from the internet she really doesn't have any priorities straight in the first place. Live a life outside.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    no "i love you" or talk of marraige or kids or politics orrr anything.

Just keep your mouth closed and look cute. Can never go wrong this way =]

edit: forgot to mention no talk of cats, or how you may have 20 other pets at home. That raises a major creepy flag.
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 12-30-2008 at 01:46 AM.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    dont listen to these people. be easy. put out on a first date. guys love that. when they dont call you back, move onto the next guy and repeat..you'll find mr. right. i promise.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI View Post
    I can't believe everyone here bows down to this chick to give her "dating" advice.

Get it straight, guys. None of you are getting or going to get any ass from her so don't give her the kiss ass nice guy advice. If she really takes any advice from the internet she really doesn't have any priorities straight in the first place. Live a life outside.
    oh shut up and get a life. i know a lot of these guys outside of the site Fvcktard so it's like talking to my friends. If you don't like the thread then leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    no "i love you" or talk of marraige or kids or politics orrr anything.

Just keep your mouth closed and look cute. Can never go wrong this way =]

edit: forgot to mention no talk of cats, or how you may have 20 other pets at home. That raises a major creepy flag.

HaHa Ha.... You are too funny, I don't have any cats so that isn't a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831 View Post
    Let them know right from the beggining you got another date set up. Confront them both and ask them questions. How much money do u have? what will you do for me? what is ur understanding of a relationship? What kinda presents should I expect on my birthday? Christmas? all those things and see which one is the best.
    No way, I'm not that type of person...shit the last person I dated never bought me a damn thing but I bought him tons of crap. I'm just going to take it easy and chill.

Quote Originally Posted by thetank View Post
    dont listen to these people. be easy. put out on a first date. guys love that. when they dont call you back, move onto the next guy and repeat..you'll find mr. right. i promise.
    thanks tank

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831 View Post
    if girl asked me those questions on date, i'd walk out on her!

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My advice would be to not rush into anything.... relax and be yourself this way he can relax and be himself...don't try to impress them, because if you don't impress them and they want to move on, then happy riddings for some guy that just wants a trophy girl... see what he is about and see if you two click mentally...

also, don't get caught up in the money or status thing... a lot of doctors are in love with themself and people who make a lot of money buy girls attention all the time... it is a proven fact that money won't bring you happiness.... If you happen to get love and money, well that is a bonus, but start with love first.... That's about all i got for now.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I think I have a good personality and I'm a humble person but I just want to make sure I don't throw up any red flags.
    I bet the guy is thinking the same thing.

I think you should be thinking about if the guy is a weirdo and be looking for his red flags. It's not like these two are the last two guys in the world.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post

what phate said x2.....i was lucky enough to see the pic that day and you are all that and more...although i new that just from reading the content of your posts in any thread.........you are a class act.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I was just messing around. Of course what you have to do is just be you're self. Thats all! Good luck and I wish u the best.

Thread Information