Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    The Islamic Law is like The Law Lite 2.0. The Islamic Shari'ah is a bit less strict on things than the Jewish Halacha. Like the example you gave about seven ritual days after the cessation of menses...the Islamic Law is less strict on this matter, and says only during the time of menses, not any days after that. And there are also other issues I've seen where the Islamic Law is less stringent than the Jewish Law.

We actually believe that when Prophet Muhammad [s] made The Ascent to meet His Lord Most High, he [s] also met the soul of Prophet Moses [as] in the heavens. Prophet Moses [as] instructed Prophet Muhammad [s] to beg God Almighty to make the Law less strict on the nation of Muhammad [s], because Moses [as] said that the Law broke the backs of the Children of Israel; Moses [as] said that out of his own experience with his own nation [the Children of Israel], the nation of Prophet Muhammad [s] would not be able to bear it. So Prophet Muhammad [s] implored God Almighty for mercy on this matter, and God Almighty accepted it of him. Initially, the Muslims were instructed to pray fifty times a day, instead of five. But God granted the Muslim nation lenience and promised to count each prayer as equal to ten. Prophet Muhammad [s] narrated the story:
    "God had fixed fifty prayers for my nation. But on my journey (back), I happened to pass by Moses [as]. He inquired, 'What has God made obligatory for your nation?' I said, 'Fifty prayers.' He [Moses] said, 'Go back to your Nourisher because your nation will not bear it.' I returned and got its number reduced from my Nourisher. Then God eliminated half of its number. When I returned to Moses [as], I said to him, 'Half of the prayers have been eliminated.' He [Moses] then said, 'Go back again to your Nourisher. Your nation would not even be able to bear this.' I got it further decreased from God. God pronounced, 'Five prayers are kept obligatory and these are equal to fifty in reward. There is no change in Our pronouncement.' After that when I returned to Moses [as], he said, 'Go back again to your Nourisher now.' I said, 'Now I feel (too) ashamed of my Nourisher (to go back).'" (Sahih al-Bukhaari)
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 02-05-2009 at 06:04 PM.

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    there are three people in the room: the man, the woman, and Satan.
    Similar things are said. The Satan and sometimes another term, the Yaytser HaRah (evil urge).

Exactly the same. Like when two families meet, everyone will greet everyone, except the young men and young women won't greet each other. If the two families sit down together, the young men and young women never address each other directly.
    same here. funny, i've sat down at the dinner table in people's homes. They place a huge center piece, like a large bulky vase of flowers in the middle of the table, strategically placed so that a young woman cannot be seen by a married or young man at the table--they spend time thinking of the seating arrangements and so on.

My question: wouldn't this prohibit sexual relations for a good deal of the month? If a woman has menses for 5-7 days, then another 7 days, that's half the month!
    You are completely correct. Married observant jews do not have sex for approximately half the month. this is accepted and considered a holy situation. it is also reasoned that this actually strengthens a marriage over the long run, because less frequent sex (during that time) helps keep the man attracted to and desiring of his wife.

Yeah. And it all goes out the window when it comes to the Palestine-Israel issue, which causes cousins to slit each others' throats. Unfortunate.
    i knew i was skating the edge of the issue, so i thought hard as how to phrase my statement LOL yes, very unfortunate. personally, i wish they could just share everything and live peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by scibble View Post
    You are completely correct. Married observant jews do not have sex for approximately half the month. this is accepted and considered a holy situation. it is also reasoned that this actually strengthens a marriage over the long run, because less frequent sex (during that time) helps keep the man attracted to and desiring of his wife.
    Ahhhh, that's a good point. Very interesting! Kind of like how when a man comes back from a long business trip...

People tend to value what is taken away from them.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    so what do u plan on doing with her. Are you going to marry her if she says yes?

Do u get to hang out with her once she says yes to marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by gst528i View Post
    so what do u plan on doing with her. Are you going to marry her if she says yes?
    The assault will begin within a few days, God-Willing. Gotta knock out the USMLE (or get knocked out by it) and then I'll send in the ground troops.

Do u get to hang out with her once she says yes to marriage?
    Chaperoned meetings, yes. But that's mostly whilst the couple is still deciding if they want to get married. If they agree on it firmly, then the meetings are discouraged until marriage. Realistically, however, the couple usually does end up talking more than they should. There is a difference between the ideal verse the reality.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    man i would go crazy ... what if she turns out to be crappy in bed. that;s gonna suck lol....

Quote Originally Posted by gst528i View Post
    man i would go crazy ... what if she turns out to be crappy in bed. that;s gonna suck lol....
    I'll have nothing to compare it to, so I doubt that I will notice.

Workout Barbie is offline Admin's Bitch ;-)
    I don't think that's the case for most women. I think it's about the person, but it doesn't hurt if he is in shape.

Wb

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    low body fat, personality, and confidence

money and a future helps too

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Yeh I agree with WO Barbie, it "doesn't hurt" (chick code for you better well fvckn have this quality)
    And other things that dont hurt:
    having money
    being somewhat famous or having the highest status possible
    being a dick and always throwing light insults at women who are interested (they cant help being drawn towards someone trying to push them away)
    umm what else?

oh duh, big cock.

With all those you are set.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Money and not being ugly/fat.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    Money and not being ugly/fat.
    I am currently making negative dollars per year. I'm sure that will impress her.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    dude, screw all that stuff. Eye bang the girls and let them know what you want and they will come.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I am currently making negative dollars per year. I'm sure that will impress her.
    Buff it is ok its not what you make its how you look, it what you have inside that will make this girl fall in love with you....bro I know we go around and around sometime, and i enjoy it so but you have...passion......your smart.....your funny.....i bet you smell good.....all the good quilities....go for it...

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    Buff it is ok its not what you make its how you look, it what you have inside that will make this girl fall in love with you....bro I know we go around and around sometime, and i enjoy it so but you have...passion......your smart.....your funny.....i bet you smell good.....all the good quilities....go for it...
    ooooo la la!!!!

Surreal is offline Associate Member
    You seem to be in quite the catch 22.

If you hit on her and she responds positively, you wouldn't want her.

If you hit on her and she responds negatively, you'd be screwed.

I was about to suggest that you first "befriend" her on platonic terms and then go in for the kill, but after some reading, I realized that was less than viable given the standards and norms of your social environment.

Hmm . . . how about have your sister make advances upon on her on your behalf to see if she's interested?

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal View Post

I was about to suggest that you first "befriend" her on platonic terms and then go in for the kill, but after some reading, I realized that was less than viable given the standards and norms of your social environment.

Hmm . . . how about have your sister make advances upon on her on your behalf to see if she's interested?
    ill act as buffeds' proxy on this one lol.

i'll serve as JiGGa's burial coordinator...lol

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    ill act as buffeds' proxy on this one lol.
    She is not Palestine.

Yeah lol, it is quite the catch-22. However, I have a plan that will place me into contact with her.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    She is not Palestine.
    Is she Jewish....I couldnt help myself..........

Yeah lol, it is quite the catch-22. However, I have a plan that will place me into contact with her.
    You aren't planning on contacting her electronically or over the phone, are you?

You aren't planning on contacting her electronically or over the phone, are you?
    Nah, nothing like that. Let's just say it's a tactic similar to when Christian guys insert themselves into the same Bible study as a girl they are interested in.

Anyways, you have two posts on this forum and both are in this thread. You aren't her, are you? Now that would surreal.

Nah, nothing like that. Let's just say it's a tactic similar to when Christian guys insert themselves into the same Bible study as a girl they are interested in.

Anyways, you have two posts on this forum and both are in this thread. You aren't her, are you? Now that would surreal.
    No worries. As you may have already noticed, my account was registered in November 2007. Though I'm new to this posting business, I've been a long time lurker. So unless your future wife has maintained a keen interest in bodybuilding and chemical enhancements for a while already, be assured that I am not her.

With regard to your original question . . . the benefits and shortcomings of a muscular appearance with regard to securing tail is two fold.

Firstly, from an evolutionary perspective, women are genetically programmed to be attracted to physically fit and capable men. So it never really hurts to be in good shape. However the problem is what's enough muscle and what's just too much? Most girls I've encountered seem to prefer guys with the "swimmer physique" (think abercrombie & fitch models) over gentlemen resembling Brock Lesnar or Markus Ruhl. However, as much as some of us would like to be as jacked as these gentlemen, we will never look like them. So in a way it's a non-issue.

Secondly, muscle development will boost your confidence, and frankly, girls love confidence. So it is to your benefit to put on muscle and strength as a means to developing confidence that will win over your prey. However, as much as some girls love "cocky" bodybuilders, some are also turned off by such an attitude. Hopefully your future wife belongs to the former category.

Buffed sounds like he's OK in the confidence dept already....

in a good way (not to suggest you're cocky).

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    yeah but was it cuz your good looks? or muscles? you can look good and not have muscles...

and your body type is the same as mine. almost exact height and weight etc.

but i dont consider myself big. so that means your charactor and looks come into factor.

im a good lookin guy in terms of facial structure and such. but im not huge with muscles.

your right. when you take care of yourself, hygeine and grooming and such... it definitly helps. but doesnt neceassarilly mean having muscles

you my friend, are just like me... a sexy bitch. lol
    Don't lie dukkit, your an ugly mofo

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    well

in the gay world

when i was 270lbs of fat - i NEVER EVER got looked at...

i got shredded down to 167 ripped, and i got hit on like a motherfukker....

now im 212 and broader shoulders, bigger back, and i find the hits are a bit less..... i get LOTS of looks, but less forward advances.... someone i talked to a while ago, said he didnt approach me before, because he felt intimidated.... i like older, he said he didnt think he'd have a chance (we're just friends, nothing came of that, cuz im dating carl)

briancb1 is offline Member
    Sheeyt... Girls didn't really give me any attention untill I got some muscles... it makes it easier when they find you "masculine".

Its also a curse, because I cannot say no to women and i get in trouble.

binder is offline Member
    mine didn't get my new gf but she lets me know she finds it sexy as can be.

my last gf didn't give a shit and hated me going to the gym. it really made it hard to stay dedicated. she was never excited when i reached a new max squat or anything. she was just like "so".

hit a new max dead yesterday and the guys video pic'ed it to her and she thought it was the most amazing thing she's ever seen (since it was 3 times my body weight). it's nice to have all my hard work appreciated.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i would guess some girls like it some dont...ask dsm

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    man 10% or better bf and you will look ok to a girl, get to about 7-8 and they get moist just looking at you. Yes, it matters. Not BIG, but being cut, and at a healthy weight means everything when you're talking about first look chances on someone wanting to get to know you. Hell, if you can't get in good shape, you'll just have to drop the 'brown guys stuff', (not sure what that means lol) and just use some pimp skills baby, come at her with a goal to get to know her. Some play hard to get, but if you got any game at all, hard to get turns into already got.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    well

in the gay world

when i was 270lbs of fat - i NEVER EVER got looked at...

i got shredded down to 167 ripped, and i got hit on like a motherfukker....

now im 212 and broader shoulders, bigger back, and i find the hits are a bit less..... i get LOTS of looks, but less forward advances.... someone i talked to a while ago, said he didnt approach me before, because he felt intimidated.... i like older, he said he didnt think he'd have a chance (we're just friends, nothing came of that, cuz im dating carl)
    good read lololol

I wouldn't be surprised if this request has been made already. But how about a photo of Buffed's flawless beauty?

Quote Originally Posted by scibble View Post
    Buffed sounds like he's OK in the confidence dept already....

in a good way (not to suggest you're cocky).
    I'm alright in the confidence department. I know I can get most girls, so it's not like I think I'm crap. This girl is just in the elite 1%, and so my normal confidence bordering arrogance has been replaced with humbleness. Mostly I just don't want to fail, since that will mean having to start an exhaustive search for someone else and/or compromising.

I wouldn't be surprised if this request has been made already. But how about a photo of Buffed's flawless beauty?

Haha, I don't think so, Tim.

My eyes only!

Haha, I don't think so, Tim.

My eyes only!

Hrmm... is she one of those really conservative girls who's always covered up from head to toe except in the presence of her family?

Hrmm... is she one of those really conservative girls who's always covered up from head to toe except in the presence of her family?
    No, she does not wear the face veil (niqab), which is not mandatory in Islam. The headscarf (hijab), however, *is* mandatory. From what my mother has informed me, the girl has declared her intention to start wearing it very soon. So I guess I should say Operation Half-jabi Storm.

In any case, most religious Muslim girls--even if they do not wear the hijab (headscarf) or niqab (face veil)--would not post their pictures up for strange men to see. This is considered tabarruj (the wanton display of beauty) which we believe was a part of the pagan tradition. Furthermore, I am not the type of guy that would put up her picture like that, especially since I am considering her for marriage. A man who would do such a thing is considered by orthodox Muslims to be a dayyooth, a man who does not feel gheerah (protective jealousy) over his wife; such men are not considered men by us, and prohibited from Paradise. For example, a man who does not mind it if other guys check out his sister, such a man is considered by us to be a dayyooth.

Of course, I understand that this is our own Islamic belief, and I do not expect others to understand. I understand that every people have their own way and beliefs, and I respect your right to that. You guys are cool with it; I'm not. And so I say as the Quran says: "to you your deen (ways, beliefs, ideologies, doctrines, etc.), and to me mine." (Quran, 109:6)

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 02-09-2009 at 03:06 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information