Thread: Wish me luck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    drummerofgod87 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, I told a few too many people, and I regret it. Here's what happened.

It was around 4pm on Friday, and my friend tips me off that there are a lot of people talking about my steroid use and that someone has tipped off the University's Safety Services. I got all of the shit out of my room and drove to my house like literally 5 minutes before Safety Services came to look at my room, but the thing is that I forgot my trash which had ampules in it. If I had grabbed my trash, I would have been golden and not in this mess at all.

The Safety Services officer that went into my room knew what to look for since he had done steroids before and was a bodybuilder at one time. I came back to my dorm an hour later, and 15 minutes later, the Safety Services officer comes up to my dorm room and knocks on the door. He comes in and tells me that he has found shit in my trashcan. He basically told me that if I turned all of my shit in (to the police because he had informed them on the issue at this point), he would put in a good word with the head of Judicial Affairs so that I wouldn't get booted from school.

So I turned everything in, which wasn't much because all that was left was a little bit of ancillaries, some needles and syringes which are dirt cheap, and some test, so like 100 bucks of stuff was confiscated. The police come, they cuff me, I got to do my walk of shame out of the dorm building at around 8 pm, and then I was brought into the station for questioning. I answered anything they asked because I was already caught with everything. They took me to my house and I got them the rest of my stuff as well because I didn't want them to search my house, and they didn't. They didn't even search my dorm after I told them that I got everything. The believed me, and I really did turn everything in, so that was cool. Basically, after we went to my house, they drove me back to my dorm and let me go back to bed. The police were super nice to me and didn't even put me in a jail cell. I even had normal laughing conversations with them.

Now they did not book me with fingerprints or anything. My criminal justice major friend told me that since they did not book me, they might have just taken my shit. It's been a week now and I haven't been called for a court date or even contacted by anyone concerning the issue yet, so this may be true. I'm not counting on it by any means, though. I wasn't sure if that was true because I was wondering if they had to send the steroids in for testing first before they would book me and charge me. What do you guys think? Btw, this is my first time ever breaking the law and getting caught.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerofgod87 View Post
    Yeah, I told a few too many people, and I regret it. Here's what happened.

It was around 4pm on Friday, and my friend tips me off that there are a lot of people talking about my steroid use and that someone has tipped off the University's Safety Services. I got all of the shit out of my room and drove to my house like literally 5 minutes before Safety Services came to look at my room, but the thing is that I forgot my trash which had ampules in it. If I had grabbed my trash, I would have been golden and not in this mess at all.

The Safety Services officer that went into my room knew what to look for since he had done steroids before and was a bodybuilder at one time. I came back to my dorm an hour later, and 15 minutes later, the Safety Services officer comes up to my dorm room and knocks on the door. He comes in and tells me that he has found shit in my trashcan. He basically told me that if I turned all of my shit in (to the police because he had informed them on the issue at this point), he would put in a good word with the head of Judicial Affairs so that I wouldn't get booted from school.

So I turned everything in, which wasn't much because all that was left was a little bit of ancillaries, some needles and syringes which are dirt cheap, and some test, so like 100 bucks of stuff was confiscated. The police come, they cuff me, I got to do my walk of shame out of the dorm building at around 8 pm, and then I was brought into the station for questioning. I answered anything they asked because I was already caught with everything. They took me to my house and I got them the rest of my stuff as well because I didn't want them to search my house, and they didn't. They didn't even search my dorm after I told them that I got everything. The believed me, and I really did turn everything in, so that was cool. Basically, after we went to my house, they drove me back to my dorm and let me go back to bed. The police were super nice to me and didn't even put me in a jail cell. I even had normal laughing conversations with them.

Now they did not book me with fingerprints or anything. My criminal justice major friend told me that since they did not book me, they might have just taken my shit. It's been a week now and I haven't been called for a court date or even contacted by anyone concerning the issue yet, so this may be true. I'm not counting on it by any means, though. I wasn't sure if that was true because I was wondering if they had to send the steroids in for testing first before they would book me and charge me. What do you guys think? Btw, this is my first time ever breaking the law and getting caught.

Wow . Where do I start? First of all good for you on the luck side. If your did not recieve a citation or were not booked then you are probably good to go unless they plan to take it to the DA and he puts it on the docket for the grand jury to issue an indictment.

Next, if the trash was in your dorm room and not in a public area then it is personal effects and is not subjected to a search without proper warrant issued for the search so not problem. However when you gave them your shit you lost your protections under the 4th ammendment. Bad choice.

For future reference make them do thier job bro. The possession of a controlled subsetnce is a felony and can ruin your life. I was in prison with a couple of guys that were users, not even dealers. I hope the best for you and it sounds like you might be ok since they took you home though. Good luck.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by higherdesire View Post
    Wow . Where do I start? First of all good for you on the luck side. If your did not recieve a citation or were not booked then you are probably good to go unless they plan to take it to the DA and he puts it on the docket for the grand jury to issue an indictment.

Next, if the trash was in your dorm room and not in a public area then it is personal effects and is not subjected to a search without proper warrant issued for the search so not problem. However when you gave them your shit you lost your protections under the 4th ammendment. Bad choice.

For future reference make them do thier job bro. The possession of a controlled subsetnce is a felony and can ruin your life. I was in prison with a couple of guys that were users, not even dealers. I hope the best for you and it sounds like you might be ok since they took you home though. Good luck.
    If he would have been a stubborn prick about it they probably would have pressed charges...

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    If he would have been a stubborn prick about it they probably would have pressed charges...
    if you didnt give them the evidence they would have had NOTHING on you. when the police ask you to 'help them out and theyll put in a good word' that means they have insufficient evidence and they need you to help them get it. the police will never HELP YOU they are there to arrest and press charges, not be your friend.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    if you didnt give them the evidence they would have had NOTHING on you. when the police ask you to 'help them out and theyll put in a good word' that means they have insufficient evidence and they need you to help them get it. the police will never HELP YOU they are there to arrest and press charges, not be your friend.
    Very true, good point.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Very true, good point.
    many of us have been there brotha. this should help you in the future
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    many of us have been there brotha. this should help you in the future
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA
    and this...and oldie but goodie

Know Your Rights! Don't Ever Talk To The Cops!

higherdesire is offline Banned
    That is one way to look at it. But excercising your rights doesn't mean you have to be a prick about it. Hopefully it works out for him. We still don't know if they are sending to the grand jury so hopefully it did work. OP keep us posted bro.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    what a mess bro, i really hope this thing works it self out.

Thread Information