Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    That's awesome!!! But the same shit goes on in Football during a fumble scramble. The shit that goes on in that pile is almost as heinous!!! Only thing is, I've never had my asshole violated like what I heard in rugby. I have had my balls squeezed/punched, eyes gouged, and fingers in my mouth!!!

Check out the Albert Haynesworth foot stomp on Andre Gurode.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5nlEA8BUTQ
    Last edited by BgMc31; 03-07-2009 at 02:38 PM.

BIG_TRUCK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMArmour View Post
    Ill agree with that statement. All but that the sport lacks depth. Ive trained MMA, and competed, for awhile now and the ends and outs of the sport are endless. Not discrediting football. The sport is very complex. But to say MMA has no depth shows a lack of understanding. jmo.

The tapoout kids... well. **** them. No one that trains in the gym i train in wears tapout, or any other fight brand. Most of wear wrestling related gear or jui jitsu or muay thai clothing. Not tapout, hitman, american fighter, and all this other bullshit. I think you can spot a fake a mile away.

It's obvious the sport lacks depth.

Brock lesnar proved that. Yes he's a freak, but he wouldn't be a star in football. I believe he could have made the team and played. But would have taken time.

In MMA, he was able to come in and when just on his power. Beating one of the best. No other sport could he do this.

Bottom line the sport lacks depth.

MMA that is just MY opinion. Not trying to convince you. Nor should you agree with me.

I really enjoy watching it. Have taken classes, it is very fun. That is just what I think.

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG_TRUCK View Post

Brock lesnar proved that. Yes he's a freak, but he wouldn't be a star in football. I believe he could have made the team and played. But would have taken time.

In MMA, he was able to come in and when just on his power. Beating one of the best. No other sport could he do this.

The sports are not comparable imo Truck. Its a huge team ball oriented sport being compared to a full contact 1on1 combat sport. Its a sport with so many elements being exhibited at once that many factors are being introduced and changed as soon as they are.
    The truth of the sport is that ANYTHING can happen. I could POTENTIALLY get in the cage with Fedor and knock him out with a wild shot that hits the mark at just the right moment!! Is that likely?!? **** no. Fedor would tear my ****ing head off. But...its a potential outcome.

Lesnar was a terrible football player!! Calvin A.(a teammate of mind in college and offensive lineman for the Vikings when Lesnar tried out) told me that he absolutely no football skills. He strength was average at best (compared to other offensive and defensive linemen) and athough he is quite athletic in terms of wrestlers, he athleticism paled in comparison with other defensive tackles on the team. And this is coming from a 2-3rd string offensive lineman who played 8yrs in the league.

I'm not discrediting Lesnar. I think he's a beast of an athlete but people fail to realize the level of athleticism in Football. Lesnar's best 40 time was 5.0. Which is descent for a 300+lb interior lineman, but lesnar showed up around 280 (undersized for an interior lineman) and not very fast when compared to other's of his height and weight. So without having football skills, he was doomed from the start. I think if Lesnar would have played throughout his life, he could have been a good football player. Great? I don't know about that!

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I am black

Quote Originally Posted by brown ninja View Post
    i am black
    i knew it!!! Lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Lesnar was a terrible football player!! Calvin A.(a teammate of mind in college and offensive lineman for the Vikings when Lesnar tried out) told me that he absolutely no football skills. He strength was average at best (compared to other offensive and defensive linemen) and athough he is quite athletic in terms of wrestlers, he athleticism paled in comparison with other defensive tackles on the team. And this is coming from a 2-3rd string offensive lineman who played 8yrs in the league.

I'm not discrediting Lesnar. I think he's a beast of an athlete but people fail to realize the level of athleticism in Football. Lesnar's best 40 time was 5.0. Which is descent for a 300+lb interior lineman, but lesnar showed up around 280 (undersized for an interior lineman) and not very fast when compared to other's of his height and weight. So without having football skills, he was doomed from the start. I think if Lesnar would have played throughout his life, he could have been a good football player. Great? I don't know about that!

Lesnar ran a 4.6 some thing. Was posted.
    Along with 34 reps with 225lbs.

I was thinking his lateral work is what hurt him. He can do wide grip pull ups like no big guy I have ever seen before. (average strength to other lineman , BAhhh that is bullshit)

If he would have played college ball... Learned the game and had practice with contact. He would be in the NFL.

NFL teams didn't want to mold an athlete when there are others who have gone through college and so on.

The Next Big Thing
    Nobody questions his tenacity. His strength. His pure athletic ability. A few weeks after his wrestling career came to an end with a Wrestlemania loss to Goldberg, Lesnar ran the 40-yard dash in 4.7 seconds, a blistering time for a man his size. He has a 10-foot standing broad jump. A 35-inch vertical leap, not to mention the bench and squat numbers. It's the tools of an NFL running back power packed into a gladiator's frame.

The only lineman bigger than him , are only heavier do to excess fat. He is not undersized, he could add 30lbs more of water & fat and still be leaner than 98% of other football lineman.

^^^from what I heard, he ran 4.6 for his trainer. But when the NFL put that accutimer on him, it turned out to be around the high 4.9 to 5.0.

When I say average strength, I was referring to football strength, not weightroom strength. I'm sure Lesnar can throw around big weights in the weight room, but according to guys who actually played/practice against him, they said his football strength was average at best.

^^^from what I heard, he ran 4.6 for his trainer. But when the NFL put that accutimer on him, it turned out to be around the high 4.9 to 5.0.

When I say average strength, I was referring to football strength, not weightroom strength. I'm sure Lesnar can throw around big weights in the weight room, but according to guys who actually played/practice against him, they said his football strength was average at best.

That all makes sense. Especially with the weight room strength compared to athletic type strength.

Gonna send you a pm. Check it.

Blog Entries
    Anyway...a fighter would have a VERY hard time preparing for a man of his size and athleticism. But that as it may, bigger man than him have been put ****ing sleep by far smaller fighters. Bob Sapp vs Crocop. Mirko, back in his glory days, laid down the MASSIVE bob sapp with his trademark rear leg roundhouse. And it didnt even hit his head. It hit his arm. haha

Anyway...a fighter would have a VERY hard time preparing for a man of his size and athleticism. But that as it may, bigger man than him have been put ****ing sleep by far smaller fighters. Bob Sapp vs Crocop. Mirko, back in his glory days, laid down the MASSIVE bob sapp with his trademark rear leg roundhouse. And it didnt even hit his head. It hit his arm. haha
    Bob Sapp laughed off the field in football. Most unathletic human in the world. lol

Crocop is a fairly big guy. lean 220lbs.

I remember when crocop punched him in the face and he slowly dropped to his knees crying lol

How this digressed from comparing Rugby v Football to MMA v Football, I'll never know. But anyway, REAL fighters are a special breed. There have been many football players that tried to become fighters (Alonzo Highsmith, Mark Gaustineau, Too Tall Jones, etc), none of which did anything worth noting. Who knows if they would have excelled if they would have taken up fighting instead of football. But, IMO, fighters are usually that, FIGHTERS!! It takes a lot to give a punch, but even more to take a punch. The two should not be compared because they are too completely different type athletes.

But the best of either sport are still black!!! LOL!!!!

How this digressed from comparing Rugby v Football to MMA v Football, I'll never know. But anyway, REAL fighters are a special breed. There have been many football players that tried to become fighters (Alonzo Highsmith, Mark Gaustineau, Too Tall Jones, etc), none of which did anything worth noting. Who knows if they would have excelled if they would have taken up fighting instead of football. But, IMO, fighters are usually that, FIGHTERS!! It takes a lot to give a punch, but even more to take a punch. The two should not be compared because they are too completely different type athletes.

Not really.

MMA- Fedor Emelianenko / Russia
    Boxing -Klitchkos / Ukraine

Blog Entries

Im trying to think of some really note worthy current black MMA athletes. Anderson Silva comes to mind. And...hes brazilian. Furthering bgmc point ha

Bob Sapp laughed off the field in football. Most unathletic human in the world. lol

Crocop is a fairly big guy. lean 220lbs.

I remember when crocop punched him in the face and he slowly dropped to his knees crying lol
    Yeah, Sapp was a joke as a pro football player. But he was quite a descent college player. Plus they exaggerate his size. Bobb is really 6'4, maybe a bit taller. I've met him here in Vegas and he and I look almost eye to eye. And I'm 6'3 5/8" according to NFL scouts. He is beastly muscular though and should have went into pro wrestling or strongman. He's a terrible fighter and a side show freak in Japan. But I can't knock the man's hustle because he's getting paid big money for what he does there.

Im trying to think of some really note worthy current black MMA athletes. Anderson Silva comes to mind. And...hes brazilian. Furthering bgmc point ha
    Black is Black homie!!! Anderson's people got to Brazil the same way my people got to Jamaica and South Carolina. Anyway, great black MMA fighters, Quentin Jackson, Rashad. Good black MMA fighters, Kevin Randleman, Chet Kongo, Josh Koschek (yeah I was surpised he was black too, but Sherdog/Yahoo just did an article on this topic recently and named Koshchek as being black). Many of the Brazilian fighters have black blood as well.

Not really.

MMA- Fedor Emelianenko / Russia
    Boxing -Klitchkos / Ukraine
    C'mon brotha, you can't consider the Klitchkos great boxers. Sure they are good but in a washed up heavyweight division. We don't even want to talk about great black boxers because the list is endless starting with Jack Johnson. The greatest boxers of all time are black...HANDSDOWN!!!

1. Ali
    2. Joe Louis
    3. Sugar Leonard
    4. Sugar Ray Robinson
    5. Sonny Liston
    6. Joe Frazier
    7. Hagler
    8. Hearns
    9. Benitez
    10. Floyd
    11. Jones
    12. Holmes
    Those are in no particular order. But you get my point

Blog Entries
    Black is Black homie!!! Anderson's people got to Brazil the same way my people got to Jamaica and South Carolina. Anyway, great black MMA fighters, Quentin Jackson, Rashad. Good black MMA fighters, Kevin Randleman, Chet Kongo, Josh Koschek (yeah I was surpised he was black too, but Sherdog/Yahoo just did an article on this topic recently and named Koshchek as being black). Many of the Brazilian fighters have black blood as well.
    ya rampage and rashad are good. Randleman i think it one of the least rounded fighters in the world. Just very athletic. I think chet kongo sucks beyond belief. even with his defeat over crocop.

C'mon brotha, you can't consider the Klitchkos great boxers. Sure they are good but in a washed up heavyweight division. We don't even want to talk about great black boxers because the list is endless starting with Jack Johnson. The greatest boxers of all time are black...HANDSDOWN!!!

1. Ali
    2. Joe Louis
    3. Sugar Leonard
    4. Sugar Ray Robinson
    5. Sonny Liston
    6. Joe Frazier
    7. Hagler
    8. Hearns
    9. Benitez
    10. Floyd
    11. Jones
    12. Holmes

I agree with you there.

I was just mentioning whose on top right now!

Don't be hatin a brother.

Check ur pm box.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    hockey? I think of black people as more warm weather people, tropical people.

Hockey and Nascar, won't ever happen for us!! Like Kratos said, we're a warm weather people, so that eliminates hockey, even though we do well at cold weather football games. LOL!!! NASCAR...NEVER! You know us brothas, if we can't drop it, put 24" rims on it, and put 15" woofers in the trunk, we don't want it!!! LOL!!!

Blog Entries

1. Ali
    2. Joe Louis
    3. Sugar Leonard
    4. Sugar Ray Robinson
    5. Sonny Liston
    6. Joe Frazier
    7. Hagler
    8. Hearns
    9. Benitez
    10. Floyd
    11. Jones
    12. Holmes
    BULLSHIT.

Rocky Marciano beat Ali's ass down when he was Cassius Clay and also beat several of the other boxers you listed.

^^^Get your facts straight young man, Rocky Marciano never fought Ali, he fought Joe Louis when Joe Louis was 44 yrs old. Ali never lost a fight as Clay, he loss his 1st bout against Joe Frazier. Look it up man, you just loss some cool points on that post, dude!!!

Blog Entries

That's not Clay!!! Notice how they never showed his face.

Here's the truth:

http://www.ali.com/legend_stats.aspx

That movie/computer generated fight was done in Sep 1970, Marciano died in 1969.
    Last edited by BgMc31; 03-07-2009 at 04:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    That's not Clay!!! Notice how they never showed his face.

Here's the truth:

http://www.ali.com/legend_stats.aspx
    haha okay. Sure. Cause its busy getting pounded.

Whatever bro. Agree to disagree.

Blog Entries
    But if im wrong and that never happened, then they are both undefeated. Whoses to say??

Dude check the history. Even Maricano's webpage states the same thing. Marciano would have been 47 yrs old in 1970 and Ali was in his prime. Ali changed his name after his fight with Sonny Liston years earlier. So your timeline if flawed.

Here's Marciano's wiki page...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Marciano#Death

J431S is offline Banned
    Brown ninja has spoken! lol
    LOL brown ninja is scared of rugby LOL

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Yo Adrien

Dinosaur is offline Member
    great, i love rugby i used to play it since i was 15yrs.

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    for the record, Rugby is MUCH better than football. no pads, better rules, no rest in between plays, no rest between possessions, requires much more endurance, and takes much more balls to play! but either way, i think the Samoans got rugby in the bag. those mofos are crazy!

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Nah New Zealand have rugby tied up.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Talking about fighters and rugby being compared, Anthony Mundine played rugby league for Australia and switched to boxing mid career and holds title belt and is challenging for another this year. Smart arse but great athlete http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFI4NdNFjKQ

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Nope hockey is going nowhere. Go Blues!!!

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by Odpierdol_sie!; 02-09-2015 at 12:56 PM.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    American football is for little girls...

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Rugby is too dirty for American football players. A lot of unseen things happen in those scrums. I play D1 rugby (prop), and have many times tried to recruit kids coming out of HS...a lot of them football players. Once I explain that rugby is "kinda like football/soccer without pads" they aren't interested any more, they usually call me crazy or something like that. People are afraid of pain and getting hurt. I just happen to love pain and getting hurt. If I'm not in pain, I don't feel like I'm doing anything.

That being said, I believe American football is more dangerous because of the false sense of security created by the pads.
    Last edited by Nooomoto; 03-10-2009 at 03:53 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information