Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    American football is for little girls...
    Rugby and soccer is for little girls....

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Rugby is too dirty for American football players. A lot of unseen things happen in those scrums. I play D1 rugby (prop), and have many times tried to recruit kids coming out of HS...a lot of them football players. Once I explain that rugby is "kinda like football/soccer without pads" they aren't interested any more, they usually call me crazy or something like that. People are afraid of pain and getting hurt. I just happen to love pain and getting hurt. If I'm not in pain, I don't feel like I'm doing anything.

That being said, I believe American football is more dangerous because of the false sense of security created by the pads.
    Are you speaking from experience? Because as a former professional football player, I don't find Rugby to be too dirty and neither do the guys I played with. A lot of unseen things happen in the trenches on the football field as well. I have nothing against rugby, I think its a great sport, but IMO, American football is much better. But that's just my opinion, so to each his own. No one can say that either sport is absolutely better, its a matter of opinion and NOT 'for the record'!! Again, IMO, playing with the best athletes on the planet make my sport that much better!!! LOL!!!

Blog Entries
    "To those who would deride the comparative aggressiveness of American gridiron football, I would say this: you may intelligently criticize only when you have played both sports. My sense of it is that ruggers who have never played a down of football cannot meaningfully comment on the difference between the two sports. The truth of the matter is that if a skeptical rugger were to strap on gridiron armor and play just one half of American Football, they would not hold the same opinion of the sport’s violence. Being aggressively flattened a dozen or so times by 25 stone (350 pound) behemoths tends to make one a believer."

Blog Entries
    Rugby doesn't hold shit to football

lol, guys we just had this thread not too long ago...

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    American football is for old ladies..

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Are you speaking from experience? Because as a former professional football player, I don't find Rugby to be too dirty and neither do the guys I played with. A lot of unseen things happen in the trenches on the football field as well. I have nothing against rugby, I think its a great sport, but IMO, American football is much better. But that's just my opinion, so to each his own. No one can say that either sport is absolutely better, its a matter of opinion and NOT 'for the record'!! Again, IMO, playing with the best athletes on the planet make my sport that much better!!! LOL!!!
    Well..we don't use guns...like in The Last Boyscout. I guess it is dirtier than rugby.

Blog Entries
    American football is for gimps..

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I've played both, and both are painful at times.

Blog Entries
    I havnt played either, i would hate it if i broke a nail..

Blog Entries
    I havnt played either, i would hate it if i broke a nail..
    LOL, thats why you love soccer

haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Rugby is too dirty for American football players. A lot of unseen things happen in those scrums. I play D1 rugby (prop), and have many times tried to recruit kids coming out of HS...a lot of them football players. Once I explain that rugby is "kinda like football/soccer without pads" they aren't interested any more, they usually call me crazy or something like that. People are afraid of pain and getting hurt. I just happen to love pain and getting hurt. If I'm not in pain, I don't feel like I'm doing anything.

That being said, I believe American football is more dangerous because of the false sense of security created by the pads.
    Bill Romanowski use-to break fingers like it was going out of style. Get in a dog pile and he'd just start grabing em', I think he even broke his own team-mates fingers by accident once or twice. Not to mention all the dislocated elbows and crushed eye sockets and jaws on some occasions he was fined for. American football not dirty or dangerous? ridiculous.

Just from high school football, I have a few pretty crappy lingering injuries and had one of my shoulders reconstructed. It wasn't uncommon for guys on my team to need to go under the knife. You can get hurt on a football field for sure.

Played a little rugby in college. Lots of bruises and pain and you could get equally hurt. What would make one more dangerous than the other?

I will say, I'd never pay $250 for tickets to a pro rugby game. I prefer to watch football to rugby. It's a better spectator sport.

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    "To those who would deride the comparative aggressiveness of American gridiron football, I would say this: you may intelligently criticize only when you have played both sports. My sense of it is that ruggers who have never played a down of football cannot meaningfully comment on the difference between the two sports. The truth of the matter is that if a skeptical rugger were to strap on gridiron armor and play just one half of American Football, they would not hold the same opinion of the sport’s violence. Being aggressively flattened a dozen or so times by 25 stone (350 pound) behemoths tends to make one a believer."
    played football through high school and played rugby in college. in all my experiences with each i have found rugby to be 10x as hardcore and requires more athleticism and balls. nothing against football as i love that game as well, but there's just something exhilarating about playing front row with 16 guys locked together driving into each other. not for the faint of heart

^^^So let me guess, you weren't good enough to play college football? Where did you play high school ball? I ask these questions because you brought up that rugby requires more athleticism. But there is no denying that football players are the most athletic athletes on the planet. If rugby was required more athleticism, then why do the better athletes flock towards football? Why do football players make way more money?

He's the skinny...people who can't play the sport are the first the criticize. Football is the top of the mountain when it comes to athleticism, toughness, etc. I've had powerlifters, rugby, strongmen, MMA guys, and wrestlers all deride football and football players, but when these guys are given shots at the NFL (Rugby players only end up being kickers, ie Darren Bennet), they fail miserably. The proof is in the numbers!

There is no denying Rugby is a tough sport, very tough!! If the athletes that played football, played rugby it would probably be outlawed. When football was in its infancy, then President Theodore Roosevelt threatened to outlaw the sport (where it was played at mostly Ivy league schools) because the type of injuries that occured and the number of players killed regularly. It was very close to Rugby then...or more like the school yard game we call smear-the-queer.

Here's an article written by a Rugby player comparing the two. His knowledge of American football is limited and he makes some outright lies about the sport (ie saying that American Football players often have a running start when timing the 40), but he makes some very interesting points and gives a nod to American football.

http://www.ballsout.com/art_rugbynfl.htm
    Last edited by BgMc31; 03-11-2009 at 01:00 PM.

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^So let me guess, you weren't good enough to play college football? Where did you play high school ball? I ask these questions because you brought up that rugby requires more athleticism. But there is no denying that football players are the most athletic athletes on the planet. If rugby was required more athleticism, then why do the better athletes flock towards football? Why do football players make way more money?

He's the skinny...people who can't play the sport are the first the criticize. Football is the top of the mountain when it comes to athleticism, toughness, etc. I've had powerlifters, rugby, strongmen, MMA guys, and wrestlers all deride football and football players, but when these guys are given shots at the NFL (Rugby players only end up being kickers, ie Darren Bennet), they fail miserably. The proof is in the numbers!

There is no denying Rugby is a tough sport, very tough!! If the athletes that played football, played rugby it would probably be outlawed. When football was in its infancy, then President Theodore Roosevelt threatened to outlaw the sport (where it was played at mostly Ivy league schools) because the type of injuries that occured and the number of players killed regularly. It was very close to Rugby then...or more like the school yard game we call smear-the-queer.

Here's an article written by a Rugby player comparing the two. His knowledge of American football is limited and he makes some outright lies about the sport (ie saying that American Football players often have a running start when timing the 40), but he makes some very interesting points and gives a nod to American football.

http://www.ballsout.com/art_rugbynfl.htm
    im not saying football doesnt require a high degree of athleticism, but i think rugby requires a more versatile athlete. the physical attributes of a football lineman is primarily strength and explosive power. a d-back or reciever requires primarily speed and agility for example. on the rugby field, every player needs to be strong, fast, agile and well endured as each player is responsible for many more tasks. in rugby, every player needs to be able to last 80 minutes nonstop since there is no break between plays. EVERY player needs to be able to tackle, drive, and handle the ball since those things are demanded from every position, whereas a football player has more limited duties depending on the position. also, in football if you are a defensive player, you get a long rest when the offense is on the field and vice versa. in rugby, you are only allowed a limited number of substitutions, thus the guys who step on the field at the start of the game, are most likely going to play the entire game with very little rests and only a 5 minute halftime. In the US, it may be true that the better athletes flock towards football since it is a much more popular sport. that is not the case for the rest of the world though. to each his own though.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    im not saying football doesnt require a high degree of athleticism, but i think rugby requires a more versatile athlete. the physical attributes of a football lineman is primarily strength and explosive power. a d-back or reciever requires primarily speed and agility for example. on the rugby field, every player needs to be strong, fast, agile and well endured as each player is responsible for many more tasks. in rugby, every player needs to be able to last 80 minutes nonstop since there is no break between plays. EVERY player needs to be able to tackle, drive, and handle the ball since those things are demanded from every position, whereas a football player has more limited duties depending on the position. also, in football if you are a defensive player, you get a long rest when the offense is on the field and vice versa. in rugby, you are only allowed a limited number of substitutions, thus the guys who step on the field at the start of the game, are most likely going to play the entire game with very little rests and only a 5 minute halftime. In the US, it may be true that the better athletes flock towards football since it is a much more popular sport. that is not the case for the rest of the world though. to each his own though.
    Great points ONeshot!!! I would concede the point that Rugby has better conditioned athletes, but not more athletic athletes. Rugby, like football, has positions with different responsibilities. Its not like everyone does the same thing.

While your point of the different positions about football players has some truth in it, you are greatly oversimplifying each position. Speed is essential for offensive linemen (ie pulling guards), as is quickness and agility (ie backside tackles need quick feet and agility because they usually protect the QBs backside against pass rushers who are usually the most athletic people on the field). Dbs do rely on speed and agility, but explosive power and strength is essential especially for safetys. But I don't want to start long post to exhibit my football knowledge (maybe I should start an ask a football player thread, LOL). But like you said, to each his own.

Blog Entries
    I like playing with myself........................

Blog Entries
    How can you say that the sickest athletes in the world are pussies?

lol....If they didn't use pads, everyone would be paralyzed or dead

Talk about conditioned....alpine cross country skiers ftw! lol

Blog Entries
    I like playing with myself........................
    lol...

now if only that was a sport!

lol...

now if only that was a sport!
    Hell yeah...my career would have lasted much longer than 9yrs!!! LOL!!!!!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    What do you mean "We"

I'm confused...
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Blog Entries
    Hell yeah...my career would have lasted much longer than 9yrs!!! LOL!!!!!
    hahaha

We're talking from high school straight into the pros

monaroCountry is offline New Member
    And yeah, who is we? I'm guessing he's meaning Africans or people of African descent. There's no need for us to take over such a mundane sport as Rugby since football is much more lucrative!!!
    Many African nations play rugby, rugby is a main sport in South Africa, its team labeled by Nelson Mandela as the pride of the nation and was one of the first sport to be allowed post apartheid. Football as in Soccer is popular the world over and will never be replaced by any sports, Gridiron Football is really only popular in America.

lol, well they aren't trained fighters...so, I would hope so lol
    I'm sure you could kick rugby players asses also

along with the cheerleading squad

Dont be too sure, allot of these rugby players (especially rugby league) are excellent boxers and many are pretty good mixed martial artists (mainly BJJ). Most top countries and teams now hire Olympic wrestling coaches and world renowned MMA fighters.

Wrestling is important in rugby in order to gain possession and slow the play the ball, after the initial collision. MMA and wrestling fighters have now started to complain that rugby is giving their sport a bad name. Moves banned in wrestling/MMA are now being used in rugby league.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news...935641457.html

Some rugby fights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6O3VNwQ1rs

Boy your football team must have been a bunch of pansies!! LOL!!! The school I went to, if you played football, you had to wrestle if you were a lineman, linebacker, tight end, or fullback, otherwise you ran track. But of course 10 of us got D1 scholarships for football and 4 of us ended up in the NFL!!!

FOOTBALL>Rugby. Better athletes, more money, bigger hits (the science channel proved it, the bigger hits part that is)!!!
    Rugby > Football. Played world wide, better/more pool of quality players, takes a far fitter athlete to play, bigger and more hits. By the way the sport science test isnt very scientific pitting a pro NFL player against an LA rugby club player (???), the NFL player tackling a dummy versus the rugby players tackling each other, also the measuring devices differed between the tests.

If American football players did not have pads. Everyone would be in a wheel chair. They are to big and fast. Period.
    Do you have any proof that this would happen? or is it just some wild speculation?

Any sport that requires running/jumping , blacks will excel at.

So I could see rugby being one of them. But why do rugby when you can make millions in football?
    Black do play rugby in Africa and Europe. Rugby and collision sports though are far more suited to Pacific Islanders, even NFL studies back this up. American Samoans are 40 times more likely to make it into the NFL than non Samoan Americans. Most Pacific Islanders have rugby as their main sports.

That's awesome!!! But the same shit goes on in Football during a fumble scramble. The shit that goes on in that pile is almost as heinous!!! Only thing is, I've never had my asshole violated like what I heard in rugby. I have had my balls squeezed/punched, eyes gouged, and fingers in my mouth!!!

Check out the Albert Haynesworth foot stomp on Andre Gurode.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5nlEA8BUTQ
    You have no idea how violent things get in a scrum do you? you get bitten, stomped, punched, head butted, trampled, poked and all sorts of nasty stuff that the ref/tv cant see. Theres a saying of why rugby shorts have pockets, one pocket is for your mouth guard, the other is for your Knuckle Busters. Scrums were banned in American Football because of the violence.

For your information the guy that violated opponents was banned for life, he swapped sports and is now Australia's current boxing heavyweight champion.

Hockey and Nascar, won't ever happen for us!! Like Kratos said, we're a warm weather people, so that eliminates hockey, even though we do well at cold weather football games. LOL!!! NASCAR...NEVER! You know us brothas, if we can't drop it, put 24" rims on it, and put 15" woofers in the trunk, we don't want it!!! LOL!!!
    One of the best if not the best current racing driver is a black man. Can you guess who he is?

Those punters are NOT RUGBY PLAYERS!!!! they are AFL players, shows how much you know. AFL is far far far less violent than both rugby league and rugby union. As for AFL players failing, those that try out for the NFL more than likely play for a team. Currently all of the AFL players that tried has gone on to the pro league.

An ex AFL player Sav Rocca, notice how his team mates couldnt tackle if their life depended on it? Yet an ALF player slammed him down to the ground, imagine it it was a rugby player doing the tackling.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYyOvoolACo

Main culprit was the scrum, this has been retained by rugby. Rugby didnt ban the scrum, they just trained harder in the proper scrummage technique. American's dummed the game down, got rig of scrums to make the game safer.

Blog Entries
    American football players smell of poo...

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    What do you mean "We"

I'm confused...
    what do you mean you people? lol

BIG_TRUCK is offline Member
    Bottom line..... American football ='s Bigger, Faster, Stronger.

Fighting , eye poking, biting is irrelevant. Just punks who can not excite fans with there talent.

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    Many African nations play rugby, rugby is a main sport in South Africa, its team labeled by Nelson Mandela as the pride of the nation and was one of the first sport to be allowed post apartheid. Football as in Soccer is popular the world over and will never be replaced by any sports, Gridiron Football is really only popular in America.

Dont be too sure, allot of these rugby players (especially rugby league) are excellent boxers and many are pretty good mixed martial artists (mainly BJJ). Most top countries and teams now hire Olympic wrestling coaches and world renowned MMA fighters.

Wrestling is important in rugby in order to gain possession and slow the play the ball, after the initial collision. MMA and wrestling fighters have now started to complain that rugby is giving their sport a bad name. Moves banned in wrestling/MMA are now being used in rugby league.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news...935641457.html

Some rugby fights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6O3VNwQ1rs

Rugby > Football. Played world wide, better/more pool of quality players, takes a far fitter athlete to play, bigger and more hits. By the way the sport science test isnt very scientific pitting a pro NFL player against an LA rugby club player (???), the NFL player tackling a dummy versus the rugby players tackling each other, also the measuring devices differed between the tests.

Do you have any proof that this would happen? or is it just some wild speculation?

Black do play rugby in Africa and Europe. Rugby and collision sports though are far more suited to Pacific Islanders, even NFL studies back this up. American Samoans are 40 times more likely to make it into the NFL than non Samoan Americans. Most Pacific Islanders have rugby as their main sports.

You have no idea how violent things get in a scrum do you? you get bitten, stomped, punched, head butted, trampled, poked and all sorts of nasty stuff that the ref/tv cant see. Theres a saying of why rugby shorts have pockets, one pocket is for your mouth guard, the other is for your Knuckle Busters. Scrums were banned in American Football because of the violence.

For your information the guy that violated opponents was banned for life, he swapped sports and is now Australia's current boxing heavyweight champion.

One of the best if not the best current racing driver is a black man. Can you guess who he is?

Those punters are NOT RUGBY PLAYERS!!!! they are AFL players, shows how much you know. AFL is far far far less violent than both rugby league and rugby union. As for AFL players failing, those that try out for the NFL more than likely play for a team. Currently all of the AFL players that tried has gone on to the pro league.

An ex AFL player Sav Rocca, notice how his team mates couldnt tackle if their life depended on it? Yet an ALF player slammed him down to the ground, imagine it it was a rugby player doing the tackling.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYyOvoolACo

Main culprit was the scrum, this has been retained by rugby. Rugby didnt ban the scrum, they just trained harder in the proper scrummage technique. American's dummed the game down, got rig of scrums to make the game safer.
    I'm tired going around and around about this. The best athletes in the world (check the numbers) play football, 'nuff said! I've refuted your comments time and time again.

This debate is a matter of choice. Plain and simple. There is no need to continue this. But if you feel the need to do so, then have at it!!! I'm done!

BTW the top NASCAR who is black isn't just made it to the main circuit, he's been on the truck curcuit most of his career and I'd hardly call him one of the top drivers...yet. His name is Bill Lester.

Blog Entries
    American footballers have little dicks...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_TRUCK View Post
    Bottom line..... American football ='s Bigger, Faster, Stronger.

Fighting , eye poking, biting is irrelevant. Just punks who can not excite fans with there talent.
    Bottom line.......american footballers are fatter, no stamina, cant tackle properly, and played by girls with padding who would get destroyed in a rugby field.

Football players have no talent, some players can run fast, some players can pass the ball, some players can kick a ball, and some players can tackle and block. In a rugby field all players are required to be able to do all these, these is no separate defense and offense.

I'm tired going around and around about this. The best athletes in the world (check the numbers) play football, 'nuff said! I've refuted your comments time and time again.

This debate is a matter of choice. Plain and simple. There is no need to continue this. But if you feel the need to do so, then have at it!!! I'm done!

BTW the top NASCAR who is black isn't just made it to the main circuit, he's been on the truck curcuit most of his career and I'd hardly call him one of the top drivers...yet. His name is Bill Lester.

The best athletes in the world? Only Americans play football, the best athletes in the world play ruby, get it through your head. You have disagreed with me but havent proven anything.

Unlike you im not so American centric, there is a big wide world outside America's borders. Unlike you I also dont regard NASCAR drivers as overly talented. No, the best drivers in the world normally go to Formula one. As for the black driver, check out Lewis Hamilton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Hamilton

Its all the drugs they take dude.

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    Bottom line.......american footballers are fatter, no stamina, cant tackle properly, and played by girls with padding who would get destroyed in a rugby field.

Football players have no talent, some players can run fast, some players can pass the ball, some players can kick a ball, and some players can tackle and block. In a rugby field all players are required to be able to do all these, these is no separate defense and offense.

The best athletes in the world? Only Americans play football, the best athletes in the world play ruby, get it through your head. You have disagreed with me but havent proven anything.

Unlike you im not so American centric, there is a big wide world outside America's borders. Unlike you I also dont regard NASCAR drivers as overly talented. No, the best drivers in the world normally go to Formula one. As for the black driver, check out Lewis Hamilton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Hamilton

Its all the drugs they take dude.
    Another internet tough guy!! LOL!!! Look up the numbers in terms of size, strength, and speed and compare them with Rugby players. Then get at me. But again, the numbers and the money speak for themselves. There is a whole wide world of sports outside American football. Unlike you, I'm not trying to disrespect Rugby. I've said it before and I'll say it again, American Football is the top of the food chain and there has been a number of Rugby, Aussie rules players, strongmen, wrestlers, MMA guys, etc., who have tried it and didn't succeed. So bash away, it doesn't effect the football player. We are already the top of the food chain so if makes you feel better to bash it, go right ahead. The numbers again...SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!!! And the best athletes from other countries don't play rugby dude, they play soccer or basketball. So get that straight. But there is no other sport the boasts more players with world class speed, size, and strength than american football players.

Women lie, men lie, the numbers don't... - Jay-Z

BTW, you said NASCAR not F1 racing. That is why I pointed out Bill Lester. And where did I say NASCAR drivers weren't athletic? Go back and try reading again.

Rugby players have no dicks...

Blog Entries
    Rugby players have no dicks...
    American footballers cry alot...

American footballers cry alot...
    Rugby players cry about American football players a lot...

Blog Entries
    My mom is a pro American footballer... She plays for Dallas red shoes, or whatever their called...

My down-syndrome sister plays for the All-Blacks and she isn't even black...

Blog Entries
    My down-syndrome sister plays for the All-Blacks and she isn't even black...
    Haha i like that one... Must think of something better...

Blog Entries
    hahaha

Another internet tough guy!! LOL!!! Look up the numbers in terms of size, strength, and speed and compare them with Rugby players. Then get at me. But again, the numbers and the money speak for themselves. There is a whole wide world of sports outside American football. Unlike you, I'm not trying to disrespect Rugby. I've said it before and I'll say it again, American Football is the top of the food chain and there has been a number of Rugby, Aussie rules players, strongmen, wrestlers, MMA guys, etc., who have tried it and didn't succeed. So bash away, it doesn't effect the football player. We are already the top of the food chain so if makes you feel better to bash it, go right ahead. The numbers again...SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!!! And the best athletes from other countries don't play rugby dude, they play soccer or basketball. So get that straight. But there is no other sport the boasts more players with world class speed, size, and strength than american football players.

Women lie, men lie, the numbers don't... - Jay-Z

BTW, you said NASCAR not F1 racing. That is why I pointed out Bill Lester. And where did I say NASCAR drivers weren't athletic? Go back and try reading again.
    Hahahah another internet accountant shouting at the top of his lungs......look at the numbers, look at the numbers, look at the numbers. Can you tell me the AFL players that tried and didn't succeed in playing for the NFL? as far as I know every top AFL player that tried has made it. The best collision athletes in the world do play rugby, it is basically the only pro level collision sport played in Asia, Africa and Europe, only Americans play NFL. Basketball is not suited to huge physical players. Basketball is widely played but only at backyard levels, rugby is the second most popular and widely watched sport behind soccer.

Hahhaha your wrong again!!!!!!!! Ive never said anything about NASCAR, I simply dont regard NASCAR drivers as any good. They've only driven in the rain once in their history, they mostly turn one way, they mostly go round and round and round, they need spotters to see who is racing around them, and most dont even drive on tracks that has both left and right turns. BTW someone said something to the effect that a black man isnt very good at driving. This was my first response to it (below):

My mom is a pro American footballer... She plays for Dallas red shoes, or whatever their called...
    The one with the overly large shoulder pads?

Can you tell her that shoulder pads died out in the 80's?

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Isn't it weird how Hamilton and Obama look like they are related?

Who wants to help me come up with a conspiracy theory, make a video, and put it on youtube?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information