Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control!!!

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    I'm looking to buy some when I eventually figure out what kind of business I want to own/run and start it. They can be legally owned as assets of a corporation, without going through the mumbo jumbo of owning one as a private citizen.

The thing that pisses me off, is that they are insanely expensive for no reason.
    its not too too bad a guy worked with had on.. he had a siliencer and a ghetto style verison of a military saw that was made in like 1980.. he can't buy belt ammo for it so he has to buy links and put rounds in it. so its more work then it is fun to shoot..

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    I'm looking to buy some when I eventually figure out what kind of business I want to own/run and start it. They can be legally owned as assets of a corporation, without going through the mumbo jumbo of owning one as a private citizen.

The thing that pisses me off, is that they are insanely expensive for no reason.
    Thats what I had to do for the mini uzi-it's not bad. Go to the atty office, open a corporation, file papers w/ the SCC. Pay a fee annually- that's it
    The full autos are very expensive-was looking at a MP5- and thats all I did was look

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ni4ni View Post
    Thats what I had to do for the mini uzi-it's not bad. Go to the atty office, open a corporation, file papers w/ the SCC. Pay a fee annually- that's it
    The full autos are very expensive-was looking at a MP5- and thats all I did was look
    Hell yeah dude...I was pricing out M4's, at least $20,000!!!! Bullshit, the military only pays about $1,200+/- for them.

and those prices are gonna keep increasing thx to the president!!

PIGPEN8181 is offline Member

Here is mine, my wife has the same exact one.

tyward is offline Associate Member
    Glock 19 with intuitive lazer sight that I use as my concealed carry
    BMG bolt action 50 cal. - my newest toy, although I haven't shot it yet (plus I need a scope that can handle a 50 cal) I bought special loaded shells that explode on impact, so you can see where they hit a mile away. Of course this is in Colorado they don't allow these in LA.
    Buster is my first line of defense anyway...

LOL...I love America. We're so bad ass.

fuking A- that's the $hit right there.
    nooomoto, can u take me for a ride-i want to sit in the truck bed

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be moving countries.....this one is going down the shitter...telling me i can't own certain types of guns????!!!! are you ****ing kidding?

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Me and the b/f been talking about a house and i told him i want the mp5 for protection

So far he's not falling for it, damn !
    Are you ready to spend $10,000+ ?

mho
    mho is offline Member
    My collection is as follows. They aren't my pictures, but these are what I own.

Remington 870 20

Remington 700 Police .308

H&K P2000SK 9mm

Arsenal Inc. SLR-107FR (AK-47) 7.62x39 Mine has the AK-74 style flash hider, not like the one in the pic.

1882 Enfield MK2 Revolver .476
    Last edited by mho; 04-14-2009 at 07:17 PM.

mho
    mho is offline Member
    And a Colt Mustang .380

This is what I'm getting with my tax refund -
    Remington 1100 Tac 4 semi-auto shotgun 12ga.
    Last edited by mho; 04-14-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ni4ni View Post
    fuking A- that's the $hit right there.
    nooomoto, can u take me for a ride-i want to sit in the truck bed
    LOL I wish I could, it's not mine.

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    i really want a ar 15 and a glock

M16A2 Colt. 5.56mm semi and 3 round burst.... not mine but sure as hell love those weapons. accurate as f@ck if you know what your doin.

is 5.56 the same as the civilian .223? ive heard conflicting answers...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gun Control!!!-gator-neck.jpg  

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtball_619 View Post
    M16A2 Colt. 5.56mm semi and 3 round burst.... not mine but sure as hell love those weapons. accurate as f@ck if you know what your doin.

is 5.56 the same as the civilian .223? ive heard conflicting answers...
    The 5.56x45 cartridge is derived .223 Rem cartridge, but they are not the same. You can use .223 Rem in weapons chambered for 5.56x45, but not vice versa. There are a few manufacturers that chamber for both.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    they took'r gins!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mho View Post
    Are you ready to spend $10,000+ ?
    holy crap, they are really that expensive ?

mho
    mho is offline Member
    holy crap, they are really that expensive ?
    If a civilian wants to own one, yes. The last real MP5 I saw was on auction arms for ~$19k. Since they are automatic weapons, in order for you to be able to buy one it must have been produced and registered before 5/19/1986. This is because in 1986 congress passed a law that stated machine guns could only be legally owned by law enforcement and the government, but guns made and registered before the date the law went into effect were grandfathered in. That being said, you know the HK MP5 is a very popular weapon, and supply is limited to what was in the civilian market before 5/19/1986. It's a simple case of supply and demand. On top of that you have to go through the process of obtaining a tax certificate (liscence) for a class 3 weapon (automatic weapon, silencer, grenade launcher).

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I don't have any guns...but if I did, I'd still think gun control is great, you should use both hands.

Blog Entries
    If a civilian wants to own one, yes. The last real MP5 I saw was on auction arms for ~$19k. Since they are automatic weapons, in order for you to be able to buy one it must have been produced and registered before 5/19/1986. This is because in 1986 congress passed a law that stated machine guns could only be legally owned by law enforcement and the government, but guns made and registered before the date the law went into effect were grandfathered in. That being said, you know the HK MP5 is a very popular weapon, and supply is limited to what was in the civilian market before 5/19/1986. It's a simple case of supply and demand. On top of that you have to go through the process of obtaining a tax certificate (liscence) for a class 3 weapon (automatic weapon, silencer, grenade launcher).
    $hit. I better tell the b/f to get a second job them !

BTW
    Thanks for killing my dream.

mho
    mho is offline Member
    $hit. I better tell the b/f to get a second job them !

BTW
    Thanks for killing my dream.
    Well, there are companies that make clone MP5s. Of course they're not automatic and they're not HK quality

Bobcat Weapons and Vector make the most popular clones, but they will still cost you a few grand.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Got one of these at a garage sale.

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyoLuTjguJA

GUN CONTROL INCREASES CRIME

Quote Originally Posted by laduem88 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyoLuTjguJA

GUN CONTROL INCREASES CRIME
    no need to get into that debate. it doesnt take a scholar to figure out more guns = more gun crime.

Blog Entries
    Well, there are companies that make clone MP5s. Of course they're not automatic and they're not HK quality

Bobcat Weapons and Vector make the most popular clones, but they will still cost you a few grand.
    I could buy this one made of plastic for $20.00. I just hope people will fear me without having to shot it.

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    no need to get into that debate. it doesnt take a scholar to figure out more guns = more gun crime.
    Try telling that to the Swiss.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I love all my firearms. I just got a new scope for my 44 mag freedom arms revolver.

mho
    mho is offline Member
    I could buy this one made of plastic for $20.00. I just hope people will fear me without having to shot it.

If all else fails you can always throw it at them.

Try telling that to the Swiss.
    they carry because of army conscription, huge difference.

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    they carry because of army conscription, huge difference.
    I don't see how a civilian required to own a gun is any different from a civilian that owns a gun out of their own free will. There are plenty of law-abiding, responsible gun owners who enjoy using their firearms for sport or collecting and nothing more. I think the problem lies within the psyche of the people in America, among other nations. People in this country are extremely self-centered and emo, and when they don't receive the level of respect they think they're worthy of they go into a fvckin rage. We need to fix the root of the problem instead of just putting a band-aid on it.
    Last edited by mho; 04-21-2009 at 11:26 PM.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    I don't see how a civilian required to own a gun is any different from a civilian that owns a gun out of their own free will. There are plenty of law-abiding, responsible gun owners who enjoy using their firearms for sport or collecting and nothing more. I think the problem lies within the psyche of the people in America, among other nations. People in this country are extremely self-centered and emo, and when they don't receive the level of respect they think they're worthy of they go into a fvckin rage. We need to fix the root of the problem instead of just putting a band-aid on it.
    i think jiggamans point is the swiss don't just own weapons to own them, males between 18-32 that aren't already in federal service have to joint the military reserve. and they just keep their weapons at their house instead of having an armory.. so in turn its not civilian's just having weapons, its soldier-reservist that are being trained and taught weapons control and respect. also taught alot more country pride and honor than just avg civilians...

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Switzerland, I'm sure, doesn't have droves of minority gang members roaming the streets of ghettos shooting each other either.

DC has maybe the lowest rate of gun ownership and some of the strictest gun control laws in America today-- and one of the highest gun homicide rates. Do the math kids...

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    i think jiggamans point is the swiss don't just own weapons to own them, males between 18-32 that aren't already in federal service have to joint the military reserve. and they just keep their weapons at their house instead of having an armory.. so in turn its not civilian's just having weapons, its soldier-reservist that are being trained and taught weapons control and respect. also taught alot more country pride and honor than just avg civilians...
    I know that is what he's talking about. But again that also just goes to show that people are fully capable of responsibly owning weapons. So now that we've established that the theory of guns = murder is bogus, we need to figure out how to fix the root of the problem. So what is the problem exactly? That's a tough question and I don't know the answer to it.

If all it takes is the government forcing people into military service to end gun crime in America, I say bring on the draft!

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member
    i throw slippers and shoes

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Gun control is complete bullshit and has been proven that it does not decrease crime rates. Law abiding citizens have the right to own firearms, also hunting is part of my heritage and plan on enjoying it till I am no longer able to physically do it.

SSGBlack is offline New Member
    this is the toy i like the most, Knights Armament SR-25

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGBlack View Post
    this is the toy i like the most, Knights Armament SR-25
    shweet!

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    Switzerland, I'm sure, doesn't have droves of minority gang members roaming the streets of ghettos shooting each other either.

DC has maybe the lowest rate of gun ownership and some of the strictest gun control laws in America today-- and one of the highest gun homicide rates. Do the math kids...
    Why do you feel the need to point out that minority gang members are the primary source of gun violence in this country when it is apparent, but recent gun killings, that gun violence affects all demographics?

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Why do you feel the need to point out that minority gang members are the primary source of gun violence in this country when it is apparent, but recent gun killings, that gun violence affects all demographics?
    Somehow I knew I'd have to answer to you for this.

Gun violence does affect all demographics, but if you harbor some delusion that minority gang violence is not the most significant contributor to gun related homicides... well, you're sorely mistaken. Open your eyes and you'll see that we don't have roving gangs of white youths gunning for each other (that's not to say we don't still have some real psychos). It's just not there. You can go on about how this is related to socio-economic factors and lack of opportunity, etc. I'm not going to argue that, I do believe that all things being equal this disparity would cease to exist. These are just facts. Too bad the DOJ doesn't keep track of hispanics as well... near where I live it's Mexican Gangland... I'm sure they're doing more than their part to keep the homicide rate up, but only the black/white disparity was displayed by the DOJ study.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gun Control!!!-circumgun.png   Gun Control!!!-orace.png   Gun Control!!!-vrace.png  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information