Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control!!!

SSGBlack is offline New Member
    Anyone know where to find ammo thats cheap...like june 2008 prices?

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

jbm

jbm
    Mine is a revolver. My father in law gave it to me!

Last edited by jbm; 04-23-2009 at 08:11 PM.

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGBlack View Post
    Anyone know where to find ammo thats cheap...like june 2008 prices?
    ammoman.com
    While their prices may not look like the cheapest, they have free shipping. So if you buy in bulk it pays off in the end.

aimsurplus.com used to have the cheapest prices on the internet, but the election changed that. They constantly out of stock on the most popular cartridges.

SSGBlack is offline New Member
    I have a pretty good stash, i was joking...unless areally good source came up

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    Somehow I knew I'd have to answer to you for this.

Gun violence does affect all demographics, but if you harbor some delusion that minority gang violence is not the most significant contributor to gun related homicides... well, you're sorely mistaken. Open your eyes and you'll see that we don't have roving gangs of white youths gunning for each other (that's not to say we don't still have some real psychos). It's just not there. You can go on about how this is related to socio-economic factors and lack of opportunity, etc. I'm not going to argue that, I do believe that all things being equal this disparity would cease to exist. These are just facts. Too bad the DOJ doesn't keep track of hispanics as well... near where I live it's Mexican Gangland... I'm sure they're doing more than their part to keep the homicide rate up, but only the black/white disparity was displayed by the DOJ study.
    While I'm not disputing the DOJ figures. Your argument cannot place blame on minorities alone. The latest deluge of firearms murders have, in large part, been attributed to white men. As a matter of fact, most mass murders are committed by whites and most were registered gun owners.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    While I'm not disputing the DOJ figures. Your argument cannot place blame on minorities alone. The latest deluge of firearms murders have, in large part, been attributed to white men. As a matter of fact, most mass murders are committed by whites and most were registered gun owners.
    That is what the TV news would have you believe. I would have expected better from you. Disadvantaged (read: almost entirely minority) youth never stopped shooting each other, the news just reports on white guys 2000 miles away shooting their family because they were in foreclosure because it's sensationalist news, and who wants to hear about yet another kid in the projects getting shot? It's not even news anymore. It's expected.

Researcher Paul Robinson examined all 10,880 homicides throughout Los Angeles County between 1994 and 2002. The study was published online in the Journal of Urban Health: Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine.

"The study found 3.4 homicides per square mile in neighborhoods without significant gang involvement where more than 4 million people lived. On the other hand, the study found 61.1 homicides per square mile in neighborhoods with 30 or more gangs in a two-mile radius," researchers said in a statement released by the South Los Angeles university. "These gang-plagued areas were home to about 460,000 persons, but contributed a disproportionate share of homicides," the statement said.

BgMc, the facts don't lie. That's almost 20x the murder rate of the areas not infected with gangs, and you know damn well they aren't suburban white kids killing each other with plastic sporks and Red Ryder BB guns.

Whites made up a healthy majority in workplace killings and sex murders last time I looked if that makes you feel any better about yourself. Maybe even superior?...

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    well we can all pull stats by any bias source we want all day long to prove our points.. because look hard enough and you will always find something that makes you or somebody right...

the research that guy did is extremely one-sided.. he used LA as his research center, and that is the gang capital of america. and a city that has pretty much no minority with in its county lines because its so mixed up.. his research wasn't nation wide, it was limited to a one city that is none almost world wide for American minority gang voilence..

murder is not a minority thing, but i believe its not because of the guns. its because of the weak as f^ck criminal system that does not use toe death sentence, does not have tough prisons, does not actually punish anybody... so there is no real fear in using gun in a crime because there has never been a large system that actually punished people that use them...

guns do not equal crime.. weak ass government policies equal crime

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    Guns dont Kill People, People kill people!!
    Guns are Bad (For all the informants out there)

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    MHO, how hard would it be to get this gun ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    bro why must u always make some type of radical remark RE RACE?
    forget it- I dont want to know

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    OMG, google something that proves your point....
    Last edited by *RAGE*; 04-25-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Listen, for those that look thru the scope on diamond embezzled spectrum please dont go into crime reports and how tough Prison is and gangs and all that.
    Its more than what you see on TV and the Movies.
    If you dont have 1st hand Knowledge dont speak on it. Enjoy the forum and Move on.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    higher profile crimes are committed by white men with guns, no doubt. Higher volume of crimes committed using guns are by minorities. You are in denial to make any other arguement. EVERY major city in the united states keeps those statistics on file, I challeng oyu to find just one major city that has white people convicted of violent crimes at a higher rate than any other race. I am not pushing a racist agenda here just stating the facts. Please provide irrefutable evidence or kindly STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    OMG, google something that proves your point....
    prone, he i think HE's a racist

Quote Originally Posted by higherdesire View Post
    higher profile crimes are committed by white men with guns, no doubt. Higher volume of crimes committed using guns are by minorities. You are in denial to make any other arguement. EVERY major city in the united states keeps those statistics on file, I challeng oyu to find just one major city that has white people convicted of violent crimes at a higher rate than any other race. I am not pushing a racist agenda here just stating the facts. Please provide irrefutable evidence or kindly STFU.
    Not sure if you were refferring to me but I will respond accordingly.
    Please dont bore anybody with stats...
    If you get locked up for a Gun (Just having a Gun on you) Thats a Violent felony class A.
    So that goes under that statistic, Doesnt mean that a Violent crime was committed.
    In the case of 99% of inner cities Youth are targeted and arrested more so than in other areas so the STATS will be higher

Quote Originally Posted by ni4ni View Post
    prone, he i think HE's a racist
    Sounds less like an ex pro football player and more like a hood rat

JMO
    Last edited by *RAGE*; 04-25-2009 at 12:20 PM.

one thing that will be debated but i know is true... most all hispanic criminals are classified as white on states paper work.. in most all states there was only three classes of criminals white, black and other.. so most all hispanics where put into the white classification on paper all up to the past maybe two or three years..

but i will stand by my point that prison is a cake wake and needs to become hard again, and until it does. criminals won't have a fear of going there.... and i have a very high level of knowledge when it comes to that field..

Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    Not sure if you were refferring to me but I will respond accordingly.
    Please dont bore anybody with stats...
    If you get locked up for a Gun (Just having a Gun on you) Thats a Violent felony class A.
    So that goes under that statistic, Doesnt mean that a Violent crime was committed.
    In the case of 99% of inner cities Youth are targeted and arrested more so than in other areas so the STATS will be higher
    No I wasn't responding to you but you do bring up a good point. HAveing a gun and being arrested for that has to factor in there somewhere. Why do you think so many of them have guns, out of curiosity,

No, I was locked up for several counts of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, to wit a firearm. I am white.

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    but i will stand by my point that prison is a cake wake and needs to become hard again, and until it does. criminals won't have a fear of going there.... and i have a very high level of knowledge when it comes to that field..
    that will never happen until the liberals are shot

Misinterpreted. I made two different points, One about the Guns / Violent crimes and the other About the High crime stats with Minorities. The Minority youth are targeted more than any other area so the stats will be higher.

one thing that will be debated but i know is true... most all hispanic criminals are classified as white on states paper work.. in most all states there was only three classes of criminals white, black and other.. so most all hispanics where put into the white classification on paper all up to the past maybe two or three years..

I have ten years knowledge my friend and i can tell you right now it is no cake walk in Texas friend. Mess around and wind up on close custody for w awhile not earning good time and having no privilages or class to loose and things change in a hurry. I spent three years there straight. No cake walk. Not even close.

Misinterpreted. I made two different points, One about the Guns / Violent crimes and the other About the High crime stats with Minorities. The Minority youth are targeted more than any other area so the stats will be higher.
    and why are they targeted?

Witha ll due respect bro that is a cop out. Minorty youth are targeted becasue they do the majority of the crime. They don't get made up to be guilty and are law abiding in the first place so that everyone will think they are bad. That story played out already. Some innocent people go to jail no doubt, but the percentages are so low that it is negligable IMO. Collateral damage so to speak.

Where is that Prison at? Because Prison is no cake walk at all. I didnt have any issues because I carry myself as a Man and Its known where Im from that I tend to get ignorant and Violent. Unfortunately I dont know what its like to fear another human being (Maybe my arrogance) so it made life behind bars a little easier for me but even so it was still no cake walk and for most its a Nightmare.
    My Biggest Nightmare was my Loss of Time. You cant replace Time. Everything lost can be replaced except time.
    Even tho I made it through without a scratch I resent that comment for all those still stuck and trying to Survive. Fed prison (from what ive been told) is easier time. Maybe thats what you are reffering to?

Where is that Prison at? Because Prison is no cake walk at all. I didnt have any issues because I carry myself as a Man and Its known where Im from that I tend to get ignorant and Violent. Unfortunately I dont know what its like to fear another human being (Maybe my arrogance) so it made life behind bars a little easier for me but even so it was still no cake walk and for most its a Nightmare.
    My Biggest Nightmare was my Loss of Time. You cant replace Time. Everything lost can be replaced except time.
    Even tho I made it through without a scratch I resent that comment for all those still stuck and trying to Survive. Fed prison (from what ive been told) is easier time. Maybe thats what you are reffering to?
    Word. Although there are friendly farms and gladiator the threat is everpresent. BTW, a little fear is healthy, hightens the awareness.

Are you guys serious? They are targeted do to the Higher authority feel that there is Need for More Police presence. The same people in Power are the same ones who want to be safe from what they see on TV and the Movies. Many have never even set foot in the same cities the govern.
    Everyone in the Projects isnt an animal and selling Drugs.
    FYI - Life is not like a Rap video, Every Black guy is Not On the corner with a Pistol and there pants sagging
    LOL, Ignorance is why things will never change

Witha ll due respect bro that is a cop out. Minorty youth are targeted becasue they do the majority of the crime. They don't get made up to be guilty and are law abiding in the first place so that everyone will think they are bad. That story played out already. Some innocent people go to jail no doubt, but the percentages are so low that it is negligable IMO. Collateral damage so to speak.
    No, That is Nogt true but that IS what you are lead to believe.
    - On Another note, Im not sure where some of you are from But I come from that element. Your Meant to Fail there was a Previous thread about Is Justice blind that we went into a Few days back.
    The justice thats given in "Suburbian areas" is not given in the inner city or "ghetto" Its two different worlds.
    I have a few well off friends and when I hang with them its amazing the differences in worlds and how we grew up. My every day worries (Police harrasment, Crime etc) Would never cross their minds.
    I can speak from both sides

no i worked in a state system, and left it because its stupid, you are neither helping criminals that need help get better, nor punishing ones that need it.. as a soilder in iraq i'm treated ten times worse then inmates in a state system..

Word. Although there are friendly farms and gladiator the threat is everpresent. BTW, a little fear is healthy, hightens the awareness.
    I totally Agree, A good friend has told me for 15 Years that there is someone tougher than me and One day Imma meet my Match
    My Answer till this day is I havent met him yet.
    But yo ualways gotta be on Point. My cockiness and arrogance is why most people dont like me but its also the reason they second guess themselves.

I just want to know where the cake walk prison is at, Cuz I did my crimes in the wrong area I guess.. lol

no i worked in a state system, and left it because its stupid, you are neither helping criminals that need help get better, nor punishing ones that need it.. as a soilder in iraq i'm treated ten times worse then inmates in a state system..
    1st off, Thank you for your service. I understand what you mean if you are comparing that to prison. Thats A Big difference. Prison is No cake walk tho, Not when your on the other side.

But I get what you mean

I totally Agree, A good friend has told me for 15 Years that there is someone tougher than me and One day Imma meet my Match
    My Answer till this day is I havent met him yet.
    But yo ualways gotta be on Point. My cockiness and arrogance is why most people dont like me but its also the reason they second guess themselves.

I just want to know where the cake walk prison is at, Cuz I did my crimes in the wrong area I guess.. lol
    Just like a motorcycle rider that has never had a wreck bro, that is a lack of experience. they are ther and usually not who you think they are!

BTW, I appreciate some of your statements even thoug I don't agree with some of them. I don't know who the brainwashed ones are. I think, from my perspective, that it is just as likely the minority community uses plausible deniability for their actions by saying the man is setting them up so it is ok to steep in the victim mentality. WHo knows the truth?

1st off, Thank you for your service. I understand what you mean if you are comparing that to prison. Thats A Big difference. Prison is No cake walk tho, Not when your on the other side.

But I get what you mean
    well i will admit that after reading another one of your posts, that you are refering more to inmate on inmate preasure..

my point, that i had said early on in the thread is if you are committing a force-able felony (robbing, rape, assault). now a days the adding of a hand gun does not add massive amounts of time.. so there is no difference in having a gun or not..

prisons need to get back to punishing inmates that are bad and helping the ones needing it. if an inner city youth comes in for selling drugs, then i feel it should be the states job to teach him something while in prison. a skill a tool or something to use when he gets out. not just feed and spit him out... but i have had inmates say the crime they committed was worth the time, and being honest.. because they are in there with friends and don't care to much about having to do things on a states time frame..

look at the murder rate in our country then look at the rate that we use the death sentence.... the ratio will probably shock the shit out of you

Each experience is different, Yet the Prisons do Not rehabilitate they detain. Nothing more. Myself having been young and dumb I fell into alot of stereotypes and misconceptions.
    Faced with my trials and tribulations I grew and looked back and Realized how much Ive changed and how certian situations could have been handled better.
    I think we all made very Valid points in this discussion.

well i will admit that after reading another one of your posts, that you are refering more to inmate on inmate preasure..

my point, that i had said early on in the thread is if you are committing a force-able felony (robbing, rape, assault). now a days the adding of a hand gun does not add massive amounts of time.. so there is no difference in having a gun or not..

prisons need to get back to punishing inmates that are bad and helping the ones needing it. if an inner city youth comes in for selling drugs, then i feel it should be the states job to teach him something while in prison. a skill a tool or something to use when he gets out. not just feed and spit him out... but i have had inmates say the crime they committed was worth the time, and being honest.. because they are in there with friends and don't care to much about having to do things on a states time frame..

look at the murder rate in our country then look at the rate that we use the death sentence.... the ratio will probably shock the shit out of you
    Bro in texas the use or display of a deadly weapon during the commission of an offense give a rag of 3G, or what we call an aggravating circumstance. What that means in real life is that you cannot earn goodtime towards your release and you flat time has to be a higher percentage of your time prior to being eligable for parole consideration.

So in short if you hve a 20 year sentence in texas you have to do 3-4 to be eligable for parole. If you have a 3g offense you have to do 15 years to be eligable for parole...flat time bro. Don't get me wrong I agree wiith it, but your statements do not hold true atleast for the state of Texas!

stangmatt06 is offline Associate Member

Bro in texas the use or display of a deadly weapon during the commission of an offense give a rag of 3G, or what we call an aggravating circumstance. What that means in real life is that you cannot earn goodtime towards your release and you flat time has to be a higher percentage of your time prior to being eligable for parole consideration.

So in short if you hve a 20 year sentence in texas you have to do 3-4 to be eligable for parole. If you have a 3g offense you have to do 15 years to be eligable for parole...flat time bro. Don't get me wrong I agree wiith it, but your statements do not hold true atleast for the state of Texas!
    and i agree with you texas has a very good system.. if you see my quote from earlier i even said that.. i believe my quote was something along the lines of as gov bush did great for voilent crime... i was refering to what he did for Texas.

but i believe you would agree with me that Texas is far far far past the rest of the states in america. even florida where i work and taught in law enforcement has a 10-20-life rule, but there is many many loop holes in that. and we make all inmates do 85% of their time. but once again i have seen LOTS of time a judge decide to just run different sentences together so 27 years turns into under 3 years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information