Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get the Ink

31 63.27%
  • Don't get the Ink

18 36.73%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~

Question New Tattoo-- Should I , Shouldn't I???

Ok, if you look at my profile pics, you can see I have some Ink. But I don't have ANY that shows unless I want it to show.

Its all on upper arms and upper back so a short sleeve shirt covers it all up.

I have been thinking about some new ink, but I would get it on my left lower forearm so it would be visible 99% of the time. Just struggling with whether or not to get it , so maybe you guys can help.....

here is the idea with a sketch on my arm. It will have more depth and character than the original pic, but that will give you an idea.

The thing is , since I am going away, I kind of need to decide if I am gonna do it now, or wait til I get back since it needs two weeks out of pool or water.

THANKS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Tattoo-- Should I , Shouldn't I???-orthodox_cross.jpg   New Tattoo-- Should I , Shouldn't I???-wrist-tattoo-2.jpg   New Tattoo-- Should I , Shouldn't I???-wrist-tattoo-idea-1.jpg  

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    The tattoo is nice... do it! I got a dragon tat on my right forearm.
    Last edited by jbm; 07-06-2009 at 04:28 PM.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    get it.. i have forearm tattoos and everybody told me i would regret it.. and i never have..

its not the stone ages nobody cares if you have tattoos as long as they tasteful...

if you want it, get it

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    wait til you get back.
    think abt it on vacation...what's the lil'miss say?
    just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    The tattoo is nice... do it! I go a dragon tat on my right forearm.
    I just worry about looking professional at times. like I will be going to court later this month, so its either wear a long sleeve shirt ( which I hate) or show up sporting ink and worry about the impression it will leave

same with running my day to day business...... I am torn

Quote Originally Posted by ni4ni View Post
    wait til you get back.
    think abt it on vacation...what's the lil'miss say?
    just my .02
    she actually likes it a lot....its just me that is worried about the impression....

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    like the idea and concept, just not the placing. maybe put alittle higher on forearm so its not right by ur wrist.
    or make it big enough to go from top of forearm to wrist.

big question is work, will u have to cover it up daily...if not i say fuk yeah man, i have half sleeves on both arms but cant go lower cause south florida heat and long sleeve shirts suck...

Go with it man, with ur crazy size it will look great

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    I just worry about looking professional at times. like I will be going to court later this month, so its either wear a long sleeve shirt ( which I hate) or show up sporting ink and worry about the impression it will leave

That would be my concern, still though a long sleeve shirt looks good, as long as the ink isn't showing then you could sacrifice comfort and keep the business look.

jbm

Same problem hit me bro. coz I also got a business I wanna look professional but I really love tattoo. I'm planning another tat when my baby is born, gonna put his name on my left forearm.

Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    Same problem hit me bro. coz I also got a business I wanna look professional but I really love tattoo. I'm planning another tat when my baby is born, gonna put his name on my left forearm.
    Well I run a kids restaurant, but I go to work in jeans and a T-shirt most of the times as I stick to the background for the most part now.....

I really like it, just worried since I never had ink uncovered all the time before, so it will stand out even though it is just on my left forearm

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    fuvk it you only live once...

jbm
    Well I run a kids restaurant, but I go to work in jeans and a T-shirt most of the times as I stick to the background for the most part now.....

I really like it, just worried since I never had ink uncovered all the time before, so it will stand out even though it is just on my left forearm
    You will get used to it...

LOL, thanks

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    bro, ur like 60, who cares if u have a tat on ur arm....

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseman33 View Post

I would wait until after the trip... you wouldn't want to miss out on the water!!

stpete is offline Banned
    Nice tat. I say go for it but i'd raise it a little towards your elbow. I just got my daughter's initials on my forearm just a little higher than yours and i love it. It was my first tat below the elbows as well, and i was somewhat sceptical at first but i'm glad i did it. My daughter says "tattoo, tattoo, tattoo. that's my tattoo!!" hahahaha.....

Yergg is offline Junior Member
    Id flip it the other way. Im sleeved on both arms so I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yergg View Post
    Id flip it the other way. Im sleeved on both arms so I say go for it.
    Why do you say flip it the other way? Just curious cause I was wondering which way it should go as well.

I picked this way so it is right side up when I hold my fist up to look at it as opposed to being right side up when I am just walking with arm down relaxed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post

I would wait until after the trip... you wouldn't want to miss out on the water!!
    thats just it, if I get it this week, I still have two weeks before trip, and that is how long they say to stay out of pool or ocean......

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman33 View Post
    Ouch, I may have one foot in the grave, but I am only 44.......THANKS

DKU
    DKU is offline Associate Member
    What's the meaning of the design?

CptAmericaX is offline Member
    your old get it! ull be fine

KatsMeow is offline Stupid

I just don't think big muscular men with tattoos are ideal for a childrens restaurant. I think sticking with the ones that can be concealed are better, it is much more professional. Thats just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DKU View Post
    What's the meaning of the design?
    Its an orthodox cross

the letters mean

IC= Jesus Of Nazarene

XC= King of the Jews

It is what was put on the sign they hung over his head when he was hung

there are several different meanings of the three horizontal bars.

The Orthodox Cross is a Latin Cross with two additional cross beams. This cross is distinctively different from other Christian crosses. The deep symbolism and the tradition of icons was preserved from Byzantium through the Christian Empire it created in Russia. (See also the heraldic Bezant Cross). Byzantium was the captial of the Christian Byzantine Empire, later renamed Constantinople and currently Istanbul. The culture of the area is a rich mixture of different traditions of iconography.

The top beam, also seen on the Patriarchal cross, represents the plaque bearing Pontius Pilate's inscription "Jesus the Nazorean, King of the Jews" (see INRI). The Latin for such a plaque is titulus which gives the name for this form: Titulus Cross. The upper beam rarely has any inscription; it is just symbolic of a titulus. Instead, the cross is often embellished with the acronym IC XC NIKA.

The lower beam slants. When first encountering this cross, one can be forgiven for thinking the the Eastern Orthodox Cross is a Three-Dimensional Cross; its similarity with a key being a convenient reminder that the cross is the key to forgiveness. (Three dimensions also reminds us of the Holy Trinity.)

The lower beam represents a footrest (suppedaneum) and began appearing in Christian art in the 6th century. The purpose was to support the weight of the body. (Sometimes the victim would sit on a thin horn-like seat for the same reason.) Without such a device, the nails could tear through the flesh or the ropes could rip off the limbs. In effect, the seat or suppedaneum would prolong the agony of the victim. We do not know whether such a device existed on Jesus' cross.

A popular interpretation is that the slanted suppedaneum symbolizes a balance-scale showing the good thief, St. Dismas, having accepted Christ would ascend to heaven, while the thief who mocked Jesus would descend to hell. With this, the Cross is a balance-scale of justice. A similar lower beam is also found on another form of Patriarchal Cross where there is only one upper beam.

The slant is invariably shown high on the left and low on the right and when interpreted as the Slavic Cross, the lower beam is understood to be one arm of a superimposed St. Andrew's Cross. The Apostle St. Andrew was the first Christian missionary to Russia. The story goes that when Andrew preached in southern Russia, he used a large three-bar cross as a visual teaching aid. All three bars were parallel, and when relating the Passion he tilted the lower footrest to signify that those on the right side of Christ will rise up into heaven and those on the left will slide down into hell. (See also Right-hand side of God.)

Yergg is offline Junior Member
    Why do you say flip it the other way? Just curious cause I was wondering which way it should go as well.

I picked this way so it is right side up when I hold my fist up to look at it as opposed to being right side up when I am just walking with arm down relaxed.....

thats just it, if I get it this week, I still have two weeks before trip, and that is how long they say to stay out of pool or ocean......

Ouch, I may have one foot in the grave, but I am only 44.......THANKS
    I said flip it so it is right side up when you are standing. also its easier for others to look at. It is the "correct" way. Another example would be shoulder tats. If you notice they are almost always facing forward. Like say an american eagle on the shoulder. the beek would be facing toward the front of the body. I tatted out of a few shops over the years. Now I just tat at home. It didnt pay the bills as well as my current job. Its too seasonal up here...

Quote Originally Posted by Yergg View Post
    I said flip it so it is right side up when you are standing. also its easier for others to look at. It is the "correct" way. Another example would be shoulder tats. If you notice they are almost always facing forward. Like say an american eagle on the shoulder. the beek would be facing toward the front of the body. I tatted out of a few shops over the years. Now I just tat at home. It didnt pay the bills as well as my current job. Its too seasonal up here...
    thanks for the explanation....hmmm now I have to really re-think it

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    if its not going to interfere with your business and how you have to present yourself (which does matter to some people) than go for it. do you own chucky cheese?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Get it man..... now a days...... if you act professional.... you'll be treated professional.

LOL and no-one is going to look at a tattoo of a cross and be like "He must be in the hells angels......"

Do you work at chucky cheese's? I love that place

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    do you own chucky cheese?
    LMFAO! this is the second time we've done this..... great minds think alike LOLOLOL

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Get it man..... now a days...... if you act professional.... you'll be treated professional.

LOL and no-one is going to look at a tattoo of a cross and be like "He must be in the hells angels......"

Do you work at chucky cheese's? I love that place

~Haz~
    Maybe........

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    I vote for flippin it upside down tooooo

why aren't you making your appointment yet.....? GET THE THING ALREADY!

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    I think you should get the Chuck-E-Cheese rat tattooed instead

why aren't you making your appointment yet.....? GET THE THING ALREADY!

~Haz~
    Most shops are closed here on mondays

If I flip it, then it would look better higher up on my forearm and easier to cover if needed

ok, so here is rough idea of flipped
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Tattoo-- Should I , Shouldn't I???-wrist-tattoo4.jpg   New Tattoo-- Should I , Shouldn't I???-wrist5.jpg  

Most shops are closed here on mondays

If I flip it, then it would look better higher up on my forearm and easier to cover if needed
    agreed..... and you can still see it "facing the right way" - well..... a little sideways - when you do a most muscular pose LMAO

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    shave those arms!!
    lol

ok, so here is rough idea of flipped
    My forearms are bigger than yours......

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

shave those arms!!
    lol
    Read my mind.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

My forearms are bigger than yours......

~Haz~
    thats cuz you do more then I do...lolol

shave those arms!!
    lol
    hahahah, you guys are relentless.....lolol

I will shave them before I go on trip...

I am NOT shaving my legs dammit !!!

thats cuz you do more then I do...lolol
    LMAO i knew that was comming.....

I shave everything but my legs LOL...... gotta have those arms shaved...... fvckin sasquatch......

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information