Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Juturna is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Competition Level?

Since I've been lifting and bulking up, I've been playing with the idea of doing a competition... Just curious if anyone thinks I'm anywhere near ready to think about it or not?

Obviously I'd have to cut a few lbs of fat...

Age; 21
    Weight; 184
    Height; 5'8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Competition Level?-5outside.jpg  

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    Well, we would have to see your legs and back, but you definitely need to put on some more quality muscle all over.

Blog Entries

Yeah I've never run a cycle so I'm trying to naturally get more muscle, 'all over' haha. Proving difficult at this point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Competition Level?-2.jpg   Competition Level?-34.jpg   Competition Level?-jj.jpg   Competition Level?-photo-29.jpg  

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Juturna View Post

Yeah I've never run a cycle so I'm trying to naturally get more muscle, 'all over' haha. Proving difficult at this point.
    Excellent for your age, and natural. I'm very impressed. Great low bodyfat, and good developed legs. Calves looked ripped, and vascular.

Generally I'd say you have a good look overall, and some quality genetics to keep you naturally that lean.

You should consider doing a bulker, and then cut down to your current weight (184), but you'll be harder, leaner, and plain bigger. You could definitely consider stepping on stage @ 5'8 185.

When you cycle you'll be a beast. lol.

honestly, you have some good potential imo..

Blog Entries
    And bulking up to say - 195 would be ideal? Or higher? Obviously getting another ten pounds will take a few months haha. If I even can get up there.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    My opinion, try to go into all-natural contests, you know the ones where they test you a shit ton, I know they are out there because a guy at my old gym his son was in it and he was tested 6 months before and there was a list of supplements he couldn't use and was tested throughout.

If you go and do the regular competitions, you might not do good against the roid heads.

Def. in this day age you are going to need to get over 200lbs even at 5'8, just because it's all about MASS.

Blog Entries
    Yes- that's what I was planning Immortal - I have to do some research and get some more information - but I did plan on getting up above 190 and cutting down. I don't even know if it's possible for me to hit over 200.

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    You look great for all natty. With proper diet and the right type of workout for your ectomorph frame and you could get up to 200lb.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    My advice....... get into the diet section and post up your diet. Let those guys tweak it if it can be tweaked. Mayb you just need tochange something up.... and another 5lbs will come out of it....

let them know your natty too.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Blog Entries
    You look great for all natty. With proper diet and the right type of workout for your ectomorph frame and you could get up to 200lb.
    Good to go - I'll keep pluggin' away ha.

My advice....... get into the diet section and post up your diet. Let those guys tweak it if it can be tweaked. Mayb you just need tochange something up.... and another 5lbs will come out of it....

let them know your natty too.....

~Haz~
    My diet is on point - Jamy and various others have helped to tweak it over time to compensate for my gains. The gains are just coming slower now;

Natural Update

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    oh ok.... great. Well then..... start looking at competitions you want to do and look for past winners and see how they look. Also..... look to see what suppliments are banned and maybe start using some of the ones that aren't.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    easy to get over 200 at 5'8....i'm shorter than that by a tad and always over 200 from now on *knock on wood* this next bulk should take me so i never have to cut below it again.

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    God damn the foook are you doing posting this;

1) go on vacation like you are planning

2) foook pleanty of whore

3) we both know you are going to afgan unless you are done with your contract and you are not back drafted in

4) whore bro go get whores

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    I would NOT worry so much about your weight. Your not going to be able to get into the national level shows first time doing anything.

Do local and state shows.

Use it as a learning experience more than anything. You will make mistakes even on the last week prepping and more than likely the day of the show while trying to carb up, pump up etc. and this is why it is best to just learn from it and get better for next time.

Don't worry about getting up to a certain weight and THEN cutting down. Just bulk up what you can this year, start doing all the reading possible, hire a contest prep person, and dial it in for a show in 2010.

The less time you waste worrying about how good you're going to be or need to be the more time you have getting to the best you can be ON STAGE in the future. Cause thats all that truly matters in the sport, not stats, not pics, not how much you lift, its primarily your conditioning and then size and symmetry on stage.

Experience owns all...
    Last edited by Reed; 08-11-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling

*growls at reed*

its the truth, I learned so much on the day of the show its insane. Gonna try a different approach at this upcoming show and see how that works since there will be no obtaining a national card till next year or so.

I can't wait to get up there again and hopefully redeem myself and get a 1st place trophy this weekend.

Then the bulk up and plan for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    its the truth, I learned so much on the day of the show its insane. Gonna try a different approach at this upcoming show and see how that works since there will be no obtaining a national card till next year or so.

I can't wait to get up there again and hopefully redeem myself and get a 1st place trophy this weekend.

Then the bulk up and plan for next year
    well then...do share all this knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    well then...do share all this knowledge
    You and I have totally different bodies, I drink gallons of water, eat high carbs, and have a good amount of sodium in my diet and STILL have paper thin skin, you however are on the other end of the spectrum.

So what works for me will not work for you. I'd recommend hiring you a coach for sure.

You and I have totally different bodies, I drink gallons of water, eat high carbs, and have a good amount of sodium in my diet and STILL have paper thin skin, you however are on the other end of the spectrum.

So what works for me will not work for you. I'd recommend hiring you a coach for sure.
    meh....maybe if i get one of those job thingys this semester...we'll have to see. And i don't respond well to people telling me what to do don't ya know

Blog Entries
    God damn the foook are you doing posting this;

1) go on vacation like you are planning

2) foook pleanty of whore

3) we both know you are going to afgan unless you are done with your contract and you are not back drafted in

4) whore bro go get whores
    3... Trust me, I know how closely that is looming over my head. But I don't think I'll be recalled.

I would NOT worry so much about your weight. Your not going to be able to get into the national level shows first time doing anything.

Do local and state shows.

Use it as a learning experience more than anything. You will make mistakes even on the last week prepping and more than likely the day of the show while trying to carb up, pump up etc. and this is why it is best to just learn from it and get better for next time.

Don't worry about getting up to a certain weight and THEN cutting down. Just bulk up what you can this year, start doing all the reading possible, hire a contest prep person, and dial it in for a show in 2010.

The less time you waste worrying about how good you're going to be or need to be the more time you have getting to the best you can be ON STAGE in the future. Cause thats all that truly matters in the sport, not stats, not pics, not how much you lift, its primarily your conditioning and then size and symmetry on stage.

Experience owns all...
    Yes, my intent was state/local shows. I'll keep working of course, thanks for the input. I guess more-so what I meant was would I be completely out of my league? I'm guessing so with everyone's input on overcoming 200lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    meh....maybe if i get one of those job thingys this semester...we'll have to see. And i don't respond well to people telling me what to do don't ya know
    i know and this is where you either do it all yourself and more than likely make more mistakes along the way which means more and more shows.

Or have the maturity to realize these people have been in the game so long that they do know what they are talking about. Nark taught and showed me things I wouldn't have even thought of during this prep.

It will help you cut out a lot of error, even though there will be some along the way. I bet it will be more of a benefit.

It is definitely not as easy as 1,2,3 BAM I'm in condition, striated glutes, I'm dry, pumped, looking like Phil Heath.

Even pros make mistakes when they are dialing it in for a show and like I said the experience of doing show after show will get you better and better.

Blog Entries
    easy to get over 200 at 5'8....i'm shorter than that by a tad and always over 200 from now on *knock on wood* this next bulk should take me so i never have to cut below it again.
    "This next bulk" ? As stated I've never done a cycle - so I meant that it'll take a little while longer to get over 200 since I'm natty.

that's only 16 pounds.....i can gain that in 10 days if i wanted to.....

or after a contest prep more like 12 hours rofl....

Yes, my intent was state/local shows. I'll keep working of course, thanks for the input. I guess more-so what I meant was would I be completely out of my league? I'm guessing so with everyone's input on overcoming 200lbs.
    PFFT don't listen to ANY of that crap, you definitely have a solid physique for a natural and could do a regular NPC show in 2010 at where you stand now.

My advice is do a show in 2010 and get you experience. Work on posing like its do or die, make sure you get some pro tan and utilize Dream Tan before prejudging, worry the whole time you are dieting about conditioning, and just go out there for the learning experience of it.

i didn't say anything about leagues....this is why they have weight classes lol

Yeah Ruhl but he isn't looking to put on 16lbs of fat and water in 10 days. You realize there is a natural limit for the amount of muscle one can put on.

Don't go by the scale, go by the mirror

Ruhl you haven't even done a contest so what the heck are talking about after contest prep.

You dropped out of your last two prep attempts

i like my scale though....i want it to say 250 before i cut again in november

Ruhl you haven't even done a contest so what the heck are talking about after contest prep.

You dropped out of your last two prep attempts
    pfft still got the rebound.....

Blog Entries
    PFFT don't listen to ANY of that crap, you definitely have a solid physique for a natural and could do a regular NPC show in 2010 at where you stand now.

My advice is do a show in 2010 and get you experience. Work on posing like its do or die, make sure you get some pro tan and utilize Dream Tan before prejudging, worry the whole time you are dieting about conditioning, and just go out there for the learning experience of it.
    Thank you Reed for great advice... I appreciate it completely. I'll worry the rest of the year about getting as much size on as I possibly can and if you don't mind - I'll probably be contacting you come 2010 haha.

On a side note - I followed the post made for you and your competition - from the pic I saw you looked great - congrats on that alone.

Thanks.

And don't be trying to dirty bulk and get up to a certain weight, don't allow yourself to get past 12% in the offseason.

It will make it SO freaking hard on yourself once at 15+ % to dial in striated glutes and you will also lose a lot of muscle on the way down.

So make it easy on your self and just dial in a bulk diet

Thanks.

And don't be trying to dirty bulk and get up to a certain weight, don't allow yourself to get past 12% in the offseason.

It will make it SO freaking hard on yourself once at 15+ % to dial in striated glutes and you will also lose a lot of muscle on the way down.

*growls more* but on another front...i will be attempting to keep my bodyfat lower this bulk....

Blog Entries
    Thanks.

Luckily I'm gifted with decent genetics and I've never been above the body-fat percentage I'm at now - this is definitely the most.. And I'm guessing it's somewhere in the 8-9% (? your thoughts?) range.

Some where around there. But still I know what you mean with the genetics and food intake just try to eat better cause the better you eat even in the offseason the better you'll be on stage.

Now I'll say the one things that stand out to be the most physique wise in chest and back.

Try to focus in one them. More back width and thickness, more size on the chest. I like deads, barbell rowing, wide grip pullups. For the chest, just more pressing, flat, incline AND decline. ALL 3.

Try to focus in on hamstrings as well. So when you hit a side chest you have that much needed and wanted drop. Stiff leg dead lifts, leg curls with a pause at the contraction point. etc.

Continue to focus in on everything else as well, just utilize more time and focus on those 3 parts IMO.

Heavy deep squating, dead lifts, bench, drop sets, rest pause sets, forced reps....

Just my .02 cents.

Blog Entries
    Great advice - I'll start targeting them better.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Since I've been lifting and bulking up, I've been playing with the idea of doing a competition... Just curious if anyone thinks I'm anywhere near ready to think about it or not?

Obviously I'd have to cut a few lbs of fat...

Age; 21
    Weight; 184
    Height; 5'8
    I think you look pretty f*cking good.

However, you wouldn't be competitive.

Not to detract from what you've achieved but, there're juniors walking around with way more muscle.

Being natty isn't admissible.

I think your diet/training et. al. need to be entirely overhauled personally. There's no reason you couldn't add LBM while maintaining your current level of conditioning.

Ignore the clowns who tell you to eat everything in sight.

Chances are, none of 'em have ever been under 15% bodyfat. (unless it's the internet estimate... you know, where everyone says "I'm 12-14% bro!")

Getting over 15% is a waste of time, effort, food, and money.

Being fat is fashionable on forums, but it won't make you better.

Get over to the diet forum and get your numbers up.

Also...Congrats on what you've achieved thus far.

You've got a great look.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    worry the whole time you are dieting about conditioning, and just go out there for the learning experience of it.
    co-signed.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    I think you look pretty f*cking good.

However, you wouldn't be competitive.

Not to detract from what you've achieved but, there're juniors walking around with way more muscle.

Being natty isn't admissible.

I think your diet/training et. al. need to be entirely overhauled personally. There's no reason you couldn't add LBM while maintaining your current level of conditioning.

Ignore the clowns who tell you to eat everything in sight.

Chances are, none of 'em have ever been under 15% bodyfat. (unless it's the internet estimate... you know, where everyone says "I'm 12-14% bro!")

Getting over 15% is a waste of time, effort, food, and money.

Being fat is fashionable on forums, but it won't make you better.

Get over to the diet forum and get your numbers up.

Also...Congrats on what you've achieved thus far.

You've got a great look.
    I think my diet is on-point but if there's any problems... feel free to jump in and make a recommendation.

MEAL #1 (0800)

9 Egg Whites
    3 Whole eggs
    1cup Brown Rice
    2tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
    CALS:616 FAT:12.8 CARBS:62.6 PROT:60.2

MEAL #2 (1000)

2cup Chicken
    1cup Brown Rice
    1oz Almonds
    CALS:826 FAT:26.3 CARBS:49.9 PROT:94.3

MEAL #3 (1200)

2cup Chicken
    1cup Brown Rice
    1cup Lima Bean
    4tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
    CALS:785 FAT:26.3 CARBS:49.9 PROT:94.3

MEAL #4 (1400) PWO

2cup Chicken
    1cup White Rice
    1cup Ground Beef
    1/2cup veggies (lima beans, peas, green beans)
    CALS:955 FAT:33 CARBS:51.3 PROT:102.7

MEAL #5 (1800)

1cup Chicken
    1cup Brown Rice
    Flaxseed Oil
    CALS:413 FAT:13.2 CARBS:23.3 PROT:54.3

MEAL #6 (2000)

2cup Ground Beef
    1 sweet potato

Also, Being natty isn't admissible., your saying I should do a cycle to prepare for a show? Or not admit that I'm natural haha.

Blog Entries
    I think my diet is on-point but if there's any problems... feel free to jump in and make a recommendation.

MEAL #1 (0800)

9 Egg Whites
    3 Whole eggs
    1cup Brown Rice
    2tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
    CALS:616 FAT:12.8 CARBS:62.6 PROT:60.2

MEAL #2 (1000)

2cup Chicken
    1cup Brown Rice
    1oz Almonds
    CALS:826 FAT:26.3 CARBS:49.9 PROT:94.3

MEAL #3 (1200)

2cup Chicken
    1cup Brown Rice
    1cup Lima Bean
    4tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
    CALS:785 FAT:26.3 CARBS:49.9 PROT:94.3

MEAL #4 (1400) PWO

2cup Chicken
    1cup White Rice
    1cup Ground Beef
    1/2cup veggies (lima beans, peas, green beans)
    CALS:955 FAT:33 CARBS:51.3 PROT:102.7

MEAL #5 (1800)

1cup Chicken
    1cup Brown Rice
    Flaxseed Oil
    CALS:413 FAT:13.2 CARBS:23.3 PROT:54.3

MEAL #6 (2000)

2cup Ground Beef
    1 sweet potato
    ^^how long have you been eating in this manner?

Also, Being natty isn't admissible., your saying I should do a cycle to prepare for a show? Or not admit that I'm natural haha.
    No... I'm saying 'but I'm natty' is a cop-out.

It isn't admissible or applicable to this discussion.

There're plenty of guys here, myself included, who competed natty for years and years.

Steroids aren't needed to achieve good builds.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information