Thread: crash

hummerman is offline Associate Member

crash

Ok so on saturday i backed into the father in laws truck.......duhhh

Ok dumb move........

but...

The truck is a 1995 chev pickup with way over 200k's ok..... My truck has no damage at all either. His hood, bumper, front quarter all need to be repainted as they got some dents and so on. Also the grill is toast and needs to be replaced.

Now....... I of course said i would pay for the damage.

Well here's where the problems start. He dosent get any quotes at all and just drops it off to a so called buddy to fix. Now im looking at over a 2000$ bill for this truck. The trucks value is only around 1200$

So im offering him 500$ and thats it.

Is that being unfair??

My suggestion would have been to put it through insurance if he had of contacted me with a quote. I have a perfect insurance record right now and have one free at fault claim that i could have used.
    Not that it matters either but i dont like this guy one bit either... He has been a dick since the day he stepped into the family.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    I woudnt stand for that, id tell him, he needs to give me 3 quotes, and ill pay the middle quote. Thats fair. I hate unfair people.

Quote Originally Posted by *El Diablo* View Post
    I woudnt stand for that, id tell him, he needs to give me 3 quotes, and ill pay the middle quote. Thats fair. I hate unfair people.
    Exactally......
    Guys a spaz.........just takes it and drops it off.
    He knew the i would say no to the quotes and make him run it through the insurance company........ and they would just right off the junker.

Its not even worth fixing.

This is going to get real ugly tonight when he phones me.......... i can feel it.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hummerman View Post
    Exactally......
    Guys a spaz.........just takes it and drops it off.
    He knew the i would say no to the quotes and make him run it through the insurance company........ and they would just right off the junker.

Its not even worth fixing.

This is going to get real ugly tonight when he phones me.......... i can feel it.
    Just tell him, ur trying to be fair, and if he gets ugly/nasty, then tell him that or u fix it on ur terms, or not at all, its not like u benefit anything from this guy. But try and be the better one...

Thats the plan forsure...

Pisses me off that i made it real clear to call me with quotes first before any work is done..

some people.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by hummerman View Post
    Ok so on saturday i backed into the father in laws truck.......duhhh

Ok dumb move........

but...

The truck is a 1995 chev pickup with way over 200k's ok..... My truck has no damage at all either. His hood, bumper, front quarter all need to be repainted as they got some dents and so on. Also the grill is toast and needs to be replaced.

Now....... I of course said i would pay for the damage.

Well here's where the problems start. He dosent get any quotes at all and just drops it off to a so called buddy to fix. Now im looking at over a 2000$ bill for this truck. The trucks value is only around 1200$

So im offering him 500$ and thats it.

Is that being unfair??

My suggestion would have been to put it through insurance if he had of contacted me with a quote. I have a perfect insurance record right now and have one free at fault claim that i could have used.
    Not that it matters either but i dont like this guy one bit either... He has been a dick since the day he stepped into the family.

Umm..don't you mean since the day YOU stepped into the family?

And hell no I would not pay $2,000 for repairs on a POS that is only worth $1,200
    ***No source checks!!!***

PistolStarta is offline Senior Member
    In for the argument. If he gets lippy just tell him its okay your calling your insurance right now.

No he just stepped into family about 5 years ago......

Ive been around for 12years............lol

Quote Originally Posted by PistolStarta View Post
    In for the argument. If he gets lippy just tell him its okay your calling your insurance right now.
    He will get lippy....
    This truck means the world to him for some reason....

Maybe ill ask him to bring it by tonight for another look and back into in again !!!!!!

BeastIn916 is offline Junior Member
    Good luck with that bro

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    lol it doesnt shock me anymore how people can be so money hungry it more then likly 500 bucks worth of work and hes going to pocket the rest

lol im pretty sure u were doing what 3-5 miles a hour unless hes truck is made of fiberglass its not going to do 2k worth of damage

Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613 View Post
    lol it doesnt shock me anymore how people can be so money hungry it more then likly 500 bucks worth of work and hes going to pocket the rest

lol im pretty sure u were doing what 3-5 miles a hour unless hes truck is made of fiberglass its not going to do 2k worth of damage

Yeah i was doing probally about that..... I do drive a large truck (hummer) but still..........

He didnt call lastnight again so im sure shit will hit the fan tonight.... I still think im being a nice guy by giving him 500$ considering the way he's gone about things.

Im the one holding the money still so if he gets stupid about it he will just get nothing.

What pisses me off to is i never made him pay for my sons 4wheeler when he jumped up and down on it like a child and broke it......... god this guys a asshole

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No, pay the bill, write it off. It's not worth the grief over $1500 and learn to find out what it will cost upfront next time in any situation. Trust me,. if you dont pay now it will cost later with your relationship.

Live and learn. There is no reason he should be out the $1500 either, it wasnt his fault and his buddy is screwing you/him.

Just make sure it does not happen again.

PistolStarta is offline Senior Member
    write it off? He's pumping money in a wrong way, its not hummermans responsibility to learn a lesson.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    just tell him to get 3 quotes from actual auto body places...then meet them in the middle...you can't trust a "buddy" of his on the price

Thread Information