Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMW guys..help!

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanbody View Post
    This is the Car!!
    ay man my parents own one, bought it brand new when it first came out in australia

put it on a lease under their buisness as a company car

have had NO problems with it, none what so ever

the only thing thats a bitch is the servicing costs

since its a BMW if they dont get it serviced by a BMW dealer it voids the warranty (bastards)

alwise its a GREAT car, its drives amazing

dynomutt22 is offline New Member
    Man just get a chevy...like a rock... lol

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i was told you cant get extended warranties on AMG's
    Whats up gixx, been awhile!!!! Yea man, you can get a warranty on AMG''s. Mercedes warranty cost alot, but many guys go for the Chrysler warranty which is like 2500 for 3 years. Not bad considering something minor on these cars can costs an arm and a leg.. Later bro

glover is offline Associate Member
    I just sold my 2002 M5. You know anyone who owns an M5 is going to drive it hard. I sure did!!! Thats what its made for anyway. Just find an independent service dept don't use a dealer they want to replace anything and everything with a little wear.

Parts are expensive, but the driving experience is worth it if you have the money.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Alright, I pulled the trigger! I got approval from my credit union and I decided I'm going to keep my car as a beater...I go on a lot of long road trips and I don't want to be putting that kind of mileage on an M5.

I tried to join the M5 forum to ask questions, but it's been more than 24 hours since I requested membership and I havent heard back..guess they dont want me?

Anyway...I got my buddy down to $35k from his original asking price of $39k, I should be picking up the car later tonight when he gets payment from the credit union. I'll post pics!!!

Merry Christmas to me!

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    congrats man..

Here she is at her new home! Thanks for all your input guys!

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    E60 M5's are a great car. They have their issues and are pricey to maintain and get parts for you have to remember the people who bought these cars originally where generally minted. So all the anacilary prices are relative to that aka cha ching. One of the lads I know over here had one and to be fair he drove the stones off it and it seems to be ok so far. Pricey to maintain and keep fuel in it. But the clutch will die if you do too many launches on the launch control. It will melt. But it is a good car heard a few of the diffs have imploded from hard launching too but should be ok they are extremely quick for a big 4 door saloon.

Edit just saw you got it. Great looking car man and the sound you'll never get bored of And it's black great colour choice

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Damn! nice ride Nooomoto!

Thank you for the compliments, gentlemen. Amazing on the highway...little sluggish around town up to 3500 rpm. If I weren't broke I'd buy an exhaust to better hear that beautiful V10 with!

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    looks like a beast

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Love my beemer but can't stand when i have to fix something. Brakes alone cost me close to a grand

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Thank you for the compliments, gentlemen. Amazing on the highway...little sluggish around town up to 3500 rpm. If I weren't broke I'd buy an exhaust to better hear that beautiful V10 with!
    Haha an exhaust will be mental money loooking at around 3k euro for a proper job again the price of the original car will dictate the price of the aftertmarket bits.

Great looking car man, you got the HUD display etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
    Haha an exhaust will be mental money loooking at around 3k euro for a proper job again the price of the original car will dictate the price of the aftertmarket bits.

Great looking car man, you got the HUD display etc?
    Yeah it's got everything (including a few things I don't use/need). The HUD is nice because it works with the nav system so you don't gotta look at the screen. It came with sat radio and power rear shades, two things I don't think I'll ever use. I'm not complaing though.

The exhausts start at like $2500 and go up from there...ouch! So much money for a metal pipe.

DCI
    Ya exhausts are cheap as they have to be developed to get the most out of an engine like that. get a good brand name one or else you will loose power.

Ya exhausts are cheap as they have to be developed to get the most out of an engine like that. get a good brand name one or else you will loose power.
    Yeah...well it will be a while before I have a couple grand sitting around to just buy an exhaust anyway...so I'm not worried about.

However, there is a possibility I may be able to get my GF to buy me one for our anniversary.

DCI
    Woops I meant to say aren't cheap my typo. If you are going to get an exhaust you may aswell go the whole hog and get the mani back and de cat it.

Woops I meant to say aren't cheap my typo. If you are going to get an exhaust you may aswell go the whole hog and get the mani back and de cat it.
    Yeah, of course. We don't have emissions testing here in FL...so why not?

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    get a new c class benz those are nice. c300 or something

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    nooo you got beeeemer ha i like merc.

MAJOR25 is offline Member
    Go for it...I have one and mine has over 100k miles....just make sure you keep up with the Maintenance.

Art Vandelay is offline Associate Member
    Yeah...well it will be a while before I have a couple grand sitting around to just buy an exhaust anyway...so I'm not worried about.

However, there is a possibility I may be able to get my GF to buy me one for our anniversary.
    VERY nice car. Congrats. Don't read into the hype about exhausts though. There is no need to buy one of these expensive companys full exhaust kits. Yes, a alot of them will gain you power, but so will the less expensive stuff. The ower difference between piecing an exhaust system up yourself for a few hundred dollars, and buying one for $2000 is negligible at best.... Just have someone at a QUALITY Muffler shop build you one. It shouldn't cost you more than about $500, and that's reaching. I have a local guy that does mine on all the cars I've had and that's the way to go. Plus, he takes cash in the back, so I save tons off of what they'd take at the desk up fromt, plus get by tax...

Crest is offline Senior Member
    I'm not into M3's...never have been. It's the college kid taxi around here, way too many of them. I'm actually tired of looking at them, LOL. I've always wanted an M5 and now I finally have the means to get one...not a new one, but one none-the-less.

I'm gonna contact my credit union tomorrow and see what they say...I'll probably get a loan out from them and put my car up for sale.
    having a sexy car makes you fell like the nuts! do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information