I voted for Obama and I am proud of it. McCain was not "bad", but the bottom line is he has reached the life expectancy of the average American, which meansthe clock has really started ticking as to "he could die any day". You match that by the fact that he already has a bad heart, and then you want to put him in the highest stress related job in the world? I have seen young youthful looking men go into office and come out looking grey haired and beaten up. Bottom line, he would have died in office. Which means Palin (same woman who can hardly get through an interview or speach) would be the woman you have decided to trust with the well being of the nation, and not to mention you are also giving her access to nulcear launch codes.
Now, those being the reasons why I would not have voted for McCain, I also believe that the main problem with the downward spiral this country has been on for a LONG time has been that nearly every president is a photo copy of the guy before him. Obama was the first breath of fresh air this nation has seen since the time of the original presidents.
He said he would do all these great things, then, he ACTUALLY ATTEMPTS TO DO ALL OF THEM, one by one, and guess what? All you hardcore republicans that are still butt-hurt over the fact that he won (referring to the ones in congress) REFUSE to allow any of his attempts to change this country for the better to go into effect.
Its like jerking off, then getting mad that your hands got sticky. Thats the way it looks when all the die hard republicans stand in the way of any of the things he is trying to do, then try to preach to all your friends and neighbors that he hasn't done any of the things he has promised to do.
I don't think he is perfect, I am not under the illusion (as some are) that he can change the country over night, and fix all our problems. In the end, they are ALL politicians, which means theyt are lying about something, and have their own agenda. The fact that so many people are trying to bash him because he hasn't been able to do 10 years worth of things after just a year in office is rediculous though, especially when you remember that as long as congress is being stubbern, they won't allow him to do anything.
Step back, look at the big picture, take all factors into consideration, and reevaluate the situation. If you apsolutely have to be mad at somebody because change hasn't happened, then don't blame the one guy who is actually trying to make it happen, blame the other half of congress that won't allow it to happen.

Just my opinions. Hope nobody thought I was taking shots at them or their personal opinions by expressing mine. Don't want to step on any toes.