Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    Chevy355s10
    I really enjoyed reading what you had to say. You have a well thought out a good arguement. I also agree with several things you said. And completely agree with the global warming thing, I have also had that same discussion with others.
    Just as a side note though, I love history. Big history buff. And when we discuss hitler or sthalin, we have been taught to immediately associate them with nothing but bad things.
    History shows though that for a time, they were actually very good leaders. I am more familure with Hitler, so i will use him as the example. When Hitler came into Germany (he was Austrian) the country was in bad shape. The dollar was worth nothing (historians have joked that a whole wheel barrel of their money couldn't buy a loaf of bread), the unemployment rate was through the roof, the country was in ruins, and national pride was non existant. When Hitler took over, he did amazing things not only for Germany, but for the world. Thanks to him, Germany's economy took off, becoming more powerful than ever, people all over had jobs, as most of them were now being paid to rebuild the country to better than old status. Suddenly, Hitler is coming up with revolutionary ideas and putting them into effect. He designed and built the very first super highway, he had his hand in designing the VW bug, a car that was designed to be affordable, reliable, and cheap, so that everyone could afford to drive. Under Hitler's rule, the Nazi's also started experimenting with early forms of steroids , in an effort to make a "super" soldier.
    Hitler also realized that the best structural design was based on a dome. A pyramid is strong, and will stand for who knows how long, but they take up way too much ground area, with nearly no internal space. Domes on the other hand, have been argued to be even stronger, and they also give as nearly as much useable space as the take up in ground area. They are also fast, easy, and cheap to build. The problem is that Europe has very soft soil, that cannot support massive weight (which is why there are limited big structures like sky scrapers anywhere). So Hitler set up "test loads". He built giant, massive, heavy platforms to mimic the weight of a dome, so they could check to see if they would sink over time. They are still standing today, having never sunk. He is also responsible for the first infared vision, electronic messaging (limited to 160 characters, which is why modern text messaging is still limited to 160 per text), etc.
    It is AMAZING what he accomplished. He was by all rights a GENIUS.
    Then the bad stuff happened. He was also a bit crazy, and over time became crazier, paranoid, and competitive. So he did alot of really tragic and awful things.

The point I am making is, if anyone were to follow Hitler's policies, chances are it would be incredibly good for whichever country they were being applied to. As long as the person applying the policies is not also a crazy, homicidal f*ck like Hitler was.

I usually say this at the end of all my post, but I will say it again. I am not trying to offend anyone. I do not feel my opinion is more valid than anyone else's, I just feel like expressing what my opinion is from time to time.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Chevy355s10
    I really enjoyed reading what you had to say. You have a well thought out a good arguement. I also agree with several things you said. And completely agree with the global warming thing, I have also had that same discussion with others.
    Just as a side note though, I love history. Big history buff. And when we discuss hitler or sthalin, we have been taught to immediately associate them with nothing but bad things.
    History shows though that for a time, they were actually very good leaders. I am more familure with Hitler, so i will use him as the example. When Hitler came into Germany (he was Austrian) the country was in bad shape. The dollar was worth nothing (historians have joked that a whole wheel barrel of their money couldn't buy a loaf of bread), the unemployment rate was through the roof, the country was in ruins, and national pride was non existant. When Hitler took over, he did amazing things not only for Germany, but for the world. Thanks to him, Germany's economy took off, becoming more powerful than ever, people all over had jobs, as most of them were now being paid to rebuild the country to better than old status. Suddenly, Hitler is coming up with revolutionary ideas and putting them into effect. He designed and built the very first super highway, he had his hand in designing the VW bug, a car that was designed to be affordable, reliable, and cheap, so that everyone could afford to drive. Under Hitler's rule, the Nazi's also started experimenting with early forms of steroids , in an effort to make a "super" soldier.
    Hitler also realized that the best structural design was based on a dome. A pyramid is strong, and will stand for who knows how long, but they take up way too much ground area, with nearly no internal space. Domes on the other hand, have been argued to be even stronger, and they also give as nearly as much useable space as the take up in ground area. They are also fast, easy, and cheap to build. The problem is that Europe has very soft soil, that cannot support massive weight (which is why there are limited big structures like sky scrapers anywhere). So Hitler set up "test loads". He built giant, massive, heavy platforms to mimic the weight of a dome, so they could check to see if they would sink over time. They are still standing today, having never sunk. He is also responsible for the first infared vision, electronic messaging (limited to 160 characters, which is why modern text messaging is still limited to 160 per text), etc.
    It is AMAZING what he accomplished. He was by all rights a GENIUS.
    Then the bad stuff happened. He was also a bit crazy, and over time became crazier, paranoid, and competitive. So he did alot of really tragic and awful things.

The point I am making is, if anyone were to follow Hitler's policies, chances are it would be incredibly good for whichever country they were being applied to. As long as the person applying the policies is not also a crazy, homicidal f*ck like Hitler was.

I usually say this at the end of all my post, but I will say it again. I am not trying to offend anyone. I do not feel my opinion is more valid than anyone else's, I just feel like expressing what my opinion is from time to time.
    Awesome post.

Thread Information