Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaining weight

Razor is offline Banned

Gaining weight

I saw my mom and dad for the first time in 9 months. Long story short they think I have gotten way to big "you looked better not so bulky". At 200, do really need to add another 25lbs...that's a lot of more weight to gain, Having second thoughts about gaining that extra lbs. My life is different heaver for sure, new clothes, coupes and comfortable are harder to get in and out of, even walking is different. Anyone that got a lot bigger, going from 200 to 225 is it a huge difference can anyone relate?
    Last edited by Razor; 06-14-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    I saw my mom and dad for the first time in 9 months. Long story short they think I have gotten way to big "you looked better not so bulky". At 200, do really need to add another 25lbs...that's a lot of more weight to gain, Having second thoughts about gaining that extra lbs. My life is different heaver for sure, new clothes, coupes and comfortable are harder to get in and out of, even walking is different. Anyone that got a lot bigger, going from 200 to 225 is it a huge difference can anyone relate?
    It'll be a noticeable difference.

The first time I saw my parents in a year and my brother in over a year and a half, my parents made mention to how much bigger I've got. My brother kept making jokes about me on steroids . I mean he knows, but I'm still denying it entirely.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    not there yet, i'm still trying to hit 190

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong

It'll be a noticeable difference.

The first time I saw my parents in a year and my brother in over a year and a half, my parents made mention to how much bigger I've got. My brother kept making jokes about me on steroids. I mean he knows, but I'm still denying it entirely.
    Is it worth the extra lbs just to look bigger?

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by asiandude
    not there yet, i'm still trying to hit 190
    That was my worst time I ever had going from 190 to 200 and making it stick it is irritating, once you get to 200 at least for me It was easier to hold that weight better
    Last edited by Razor; 06-14-2012 at 02:30 AM.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    how big are your folks? dad, brothers? what is probably your genetic potential?

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    at my heaviest of 102kgs (5.8") i was proberbly around 17% bf though. but personally for me life sucked, i couldnt be fkd doing anything other than the gym. i stuggled walking around, putting my socks on in the morning was even a mission, i couldnt touch my shoulders or back. my mrs was always complaining about my snoring. everything was just too hard. i got very lazy at work. im not sure if it would have been different if my bf was low at the same weight but that kind of weight on my frame just was not right, my frame is very small. was always a small teenager 65-67kgs 12%ish bf. i am now 87kgs @ 11%, i dont think i want to take my body over 90-95 @ <10%, anything over that i dont think will be maintainable for me and it will be a struggle.
    Becuase of my small frame, i appear alot bigger than i weigh, people always excpect me to be heavier than i am.
    Last edited by auswest; 06-14-2012 at 03:14 AM.

Is it worth the extra lbs just to look bigger?
    I guess it depends. If you want to be bigger it is. If you're just lifting weights for fun, it really doesn't matter too much. Personally, no matter how much weight I gain, I still feel like I'm that skinny kid I was back when I was 17. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like that so yeah to me every pound is worth it.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I am at 225 right now. Yet I am at over 20%Bf. . . . I feel huge, I don't fit well in my Camaro so I been driving my truck or GF's big ass car.

Also thinking on how much I want to be at.

My parents are tiny compared to me. I am 5'10", my dad is 5'5" and my mom is 5'4".

I dunno, I just like looking intimidating. Kinda funny I guess, but I hardly notice my size most of the time(I do notice it when I am getting in and out of my car). People always make comments like, "I know that one guy who is real big, about your size".

So far, I think I want to stop right around 210, 215 at most and 12% Bf or less.

The big weight has quite a few disadvantages, you have to eat a ton is for sure one of them.

jpowell is offline Banned
    man most def. being and endomorph I've always been bigger not muscular but bulk,cubby,husky whatever you wanna call it. right now I'm at 225 and i get ppl telling me i look disgusting and too small almost sick. but even in our minds well never be happy where we want to be. i want to get down to 205-210 less than 10%, imagine what people are gonna say then. (5'10"). what matters is what you think and where you are happy. no offense to your parents but think bout everybody who discourages our lifestyles and where we wod be, how sloppy and all if we even entertained those thoughts. our lifestyles are not for the weak minded.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Op- I think you will feel a lot better when your body fat comes down. Huge difference between 225@ 20% and 225 at like 13%

lol the most uncomfortable experience I've ever had, is (i like petite women) so imagine a 270 lb guy, fat, outta shape pounding out a little lady who weighs no more than 111 lbs and is no taller than 5'5". LOL talk about putting in work, lol I thought i was drilling her like nobody ever b4.

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    Op- I think you will feel a lot better when your body fat comes down. Huge difference between 225@ 20% and 225 at like 13%
    last time i checked, i don't think he was near 14%, is already is a low bf guy.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i agree, and how tall are you Razr?

of course clothes are going to change.
    Some people need to change their training or something, but if you are having trouble functioning normally at 200lbs then something is wrong. I dont get why you cant get out of a car or tie shoes.
    Last edited by gixxerboy1; 06-14-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

I was over 230lbs this winter and was miserable. I felt like I couldn't move, none of my clothes fit, and was always out of breath. I'm not saying I won't get over 230 again though, I'll just get some bigger clothes and hopefully get used to it.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    honestly I have gone from 200 to 230, its a bit different, not so bad if you go slow.

Just recently got down to 193, back up to 220 now, and I feel better, and otherwise dont notice the difference. I like being heavier.

I wouldn't listen to parents, they usually don't have a clue.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That was my worst time I ever had going from 190 to 200 and making it stick it is irritating, once you get to 200 at least for me It was easier to hold that weight better
    same here. i started taking pro complex gainer and ph w my trt to get to 208 but my bf is like 15-16 now but ive been doing cardio and eating cleaner so hopefully its going down

JAB1 is offline Member
    I wish I knew what 200 feels like. Give me a year!!!

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You can't tie your shoe if your gut is in the way... I notice a difference in my flexibility when I gain 10 pounds quickly like running dbol

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1 View Post
    I wish I knew what 200 feels like. Give me a year!!!
    if you ask nice im sure some 200lber will let you feel them

You can't tie your shoe if your gut is in the way... I notice a difference in my flexibility when I gain 10 pounds quickly like running dbol
    your bf would have to be pretty high

JAB1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    if you ask nice im sure some 200lber will let you feel them
    hahaha, nice

I recently went from 190-210 over the last 6 months. I feel better and am more athletic than ever. But I've been training my core a lot more. But over all more flexible, powerful and agile than I've ever been, about 12-13% bf.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

i agree, and how tall are you Razr?

of course clothes are going to change.
    Some people need to change their training or something, but if you are having trouble functioning normally at 200lbs then something is wrong. I dont get why you cant get out of a car or tie shoes.
    I'm bough 5'10" I can tie my shoes fine

if you having trouble walking and getting out of a sports car you need to do other types of training. 5'10 and 200 isnt huge, i dont mean your small but thats no big where you should have issues

Razor is offline Banned
    if you having trouble walking and getting out of a sports car you need to do other types of training. 5'10 and 200 isnt huge, i dont mean your small but thats no big where you should have issues
    What other types of training should I do?

Olympic lifts and core training can help with agility.

What other types of training should I do?
    How close to the steering wheel do you keep the seat?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    bbout 220 now, but in the past i've been as high as 250.

probably just me, but my knees and back ache more at 250. but the weight came on slowly, over a few years, and it really felt great!

do more stretching. some core and agility work

Razor is offline Banned
    do more stretching. some core and agility work
    Like with the medicine ball?

Like with the medicine ball?
    there are a million ways to do it. You can use a cable system and do functional exercises

I feel your pain though. I always have problems driving Japanese and Korean cars. They don't design those cars for people over 6 feet tall (it really doesn't have to do with how BIG I am). On the plus side, I can always steer those cars with my knees.

DanB is offline Banned
    No family for me, problem solved lol

But I got alot of comments when I went to 170 dry weight @ 6-8% (177-180 with water) for last fight from 175ish at 12%ish

People in street were staring and friends family were saying wtf are you on?

There no way around it if you make substantial change in short space of time

Your try deny it, people aren't thick, they know you full of shit and lying to their face

You better just admiting what they already know
    Last edited by DanB; 06-14-2012 at 04:07 PM.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    No family for me, problem solved lol

But I got alot of comments when I went to 170 dry weight @ 6-8% (177-180 with water) for last fight from 175ish at 12%ish

People in street were staring and friends family were saying wtf are you on?

There no way around it if you make substantial change in short space of time

Your try deny it, people aren't thick, they know you full of shit and lying to their face

You better just admiting what they already know
    Haha yeah right, how is it better to just tell them what you are on? Way better to never say a word, people are plenty naive. Unless you are like 240 and 6% bf.

Razr just drop some BF and you'll feel fine.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE

Haha yeah right, how is it better to just tell them what you are on? Way better to never say a word, people are plenty naive. Unless you are like 240 and 6% bf.
    So 12-16 weeks you change physique and try tell people its natty?

Mabey they naive where you are but in Dublin people are far from it

Different lifestyle, Irish are known for being wide, Americans are known for being thick (no offense)

Better to be honest, people don't give a fvck, but if you b.s. something they already know then your name is dirt and always will be

It's better to admit because they already know, it fvxking obvious and denying it is insulting people.intelligence
    Last edited by DanB; 06-14-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post

Better to be honest, people don't give a fvck, but if you b.s. something they already know then your name is dirt and always will be

i like this rite here.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    how do u think u look at 2 bills?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I talked to a few people who I haven't seen for a few months, ex co workers & shit. One of the first questions is, "what are you on". Some people I just lie to, "eat a lot & lift heavy weights". Yeah. . . . .

Some I just tell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information