Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Merc. is offline Banned

My Steroid article in Esquire Magazine

I wanted to re post this for all the new members that are here ( and some of the ones that have been here a long time but never read it)..

I wrote this article for the steroid .com newsletter ( back when they did a newsletter ).. It was in response to a article that Craig Davidson wrote and was published in Esquire mag ..

We sent a copy to Esquire mag and they wanted to print my article .. They wanted to edit it so we decided not to let them publish it ( because I knew they would butcher the hell out of it .. and also probably edit all the s.com references I made in the article )...

Steroid article in Esquire
    By Merc.

This month in Esquire magazine there is an article by Craig Davidson doing his first cycle of steroids … As most members at Steroid.com already know the media tends to fabricate horror stories about steroid side effects…

This article soundly falls into that category.

In this article, the user did a cycle that consisted of Dianabol , Testosterone cyponiate and Equipoise (not too bad of a cycle, actually…but a bit much for a first timer). At steroid.com, a typical recommendation for a first cycle is about half as much gear (mgs/wk), and only one compound typically. But hey…what do we know?

Unfortunately, the author claims he had just about every side effect possible (hairloss, enlarged prostate , gyno etc…). If he would have taken the time to research the proper information on www.steroid.com the sides he experienced could have probably (easily) been avoided. Naturally, while on his cycle he didn’t get any blood work done, or do any of the things we recommend for a cycle on steroid.com. And as I already told you, he did more than double the amount we’d typically suggest.

From the start of his steroid use , nothing was properly planned out.

His dietary goal was to eat 25 cans of tuna daily…everybody eats like this to get enough protein, don’t they? He was only able to consume 20 cans in a day (20 cans, is he serious)? There’s this new invention called protein shakes…he should look into that. I don’t think they come in “tuna flavor” unfortunately.

And that’s not all…there were numerous other mistakes he made throughout the article.

For example, on his first injections, he claims the needle went in very easily, and the injection went smoothly but when he removed the needle blood shot across the room. He also claimed to aspirate - but obviously didn’t. If he had properly aspirated, blood would have filled the syringe, and he would not have gone through with the injection. It would not have “shot halfway across the room” when he pulled the needle out if blood hadn’t already filled the syringe upon aspiration.

Duh. His story…to say the least…is nearly impossible. How can you aspirate properly and yet after the injection have a blood fountain shooting across the room? It doesn’t make any medical sense. Not that I’m calling him a liar – just saying…that this is almost medically impossible to have been true.

The author later claims that a cycle of 11mls would require 11 injections per week. Hello…a syringe holds 3mls typically. This is a basic question that is answered all the time on steroid.com. You can shoot 11mls in a week with far less than 11 injections. Again, he needed to do more research.

And what about his claim that he developed an abscess (was the injection done improperly? Was the gear dirty?) he later decided to drain himself …aka pulling a Greg Valentino. This is not the move of someone who had done their research.

I believe that had he simply used an aromatase inhibitor & a DHT blocker almost all the sides he complained about could have been negated. He could have done a bunch of things to avoid side effects…the first being to do some real research.

Excuse me, but don’t we always tell people to keep those on hand? Oh…right we do….but he didn’t come to us for info, did he?

Clearly not.

He also claimed he had all kinds of health issues but did not go to the Dr, instead self diagnosed. The author states he was peeing 15 times a day. That should have the Dr. on the phone immediately. Instead he figured he should use “manual relief” to ease the prostate pain at least 4 times a day. Is this guy for real, & this was published? I’m surprised he didn’t claim that he went blind from all of that hand-action, and then blame that on the steroids too!

Because of his new size he couldn’t scratch his back. He had to use a fork, he couldn’t reach way down his back. I actually can believe this one is true…but…would you say this guy has serious problems?

After all this, he did make good gains increasing his weight by 30 pounds. He reported that his strength went through the roof. He was throwing weights around like a madman. Predictably, his elation with this progress was short lived. After looking into a mirror he was devastated. Things got worse when he went back to the gym. Within a month, he no longer could bench press heavy weights & could barely get the weights off his chest.

He then threw out all the tuna cans & ordered pepperoni pizza with double cheese & chased it down with a two liter of Pepsi. –

Dumb Ass - all that work for nothing because he didn’t plan a post cycle. PCT wasn’t ever mentioned in the article. I guess he figured just eat, train & stick needles into himself & he would look like a bodybuilder.

If he had come to us for advice instead, he’d have kept his gains and not run into medical problems. Then again…his story would probably not have been published either.
    Last edited by Merc.; 10-25-2009 at 09:48 PM.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    nice merc!

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    what,did that guy have an iq of forrest gump.

Merc. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kalspic View Post
    what,did that guy have an iq of forrest gump.

LOL ..

Merc.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Great read merc.

Monster87 is offline Member
    Very edgy and humorous without compensating information. Excellent read!

Merc. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster87 View Post
    Very edgy and humorous without compensating information. Excellent read!
    LOl.. You hit the nail on the head.. Thats exacly what I was going for ... Thanks for the feedback ..

Merc.

kittygobam is offline Female Member
    awesome!

can i use it for a paper im writing?

Merc. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kittygobam View Post
    awesome!

can i use it for a paper im writing?
    What's your paper for ?? I ask because since it was published in the newsletter the site probably owns the copyright ( not positive on that though).

Is it something you are going to have published ? Or is it for something else ? Because if it is for something other the begin republished then there probably would be no problem .. I would have pm'ed you this but you dont have enough post to be able to pm yet ( you need 25 post I believe)..

Merc.

kittygobam is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    What's your paper for ?? I ask because since it was published in the newsletter the site probably owns the copyright ( not positive on that though).

Is it something you are going to have published ? Or is it for something else ? Because if it is for something other the begin republished then there probably would be no problem .. I would have pm'ed you this but you dont have enough post to be able to pm yet ( you need 25 post I believe)..

Merc.
    lol no its not getting published.

its for my english class. im a sophomore in college and im writing an exploratory essay about steroids and how people are fcking stupid and dont research

Merc. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kittygobam View Post
    lol no its not getting published.

its for my english class. im a sophomore in college and im writing an exploratory essay about steroids and how people are fcking stupid and dont research
    Sounds cool .... Interesting topic your choosing ... shoot me a copy when you do your paper please ...

Merc.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Typical user though. Face it, we who are members here and have been here for more than the initial what should I use and where do I get it post, we are the minority but we are much better educated and prepared.

We have to accept there are a lot more dumb/ignorant people out there than smart ones.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Typical user though. Face it, we who are members here and have been here for more than the initial what should I use and where do I get it post, we are the minority but we are much better educated and prepared.

We have to accept there are a lot more dumb/ignorant people out there than smart ones.
    I couldn't agree more!

Merc. is offline Banned
    Thanks all.. I have quite a few articles I have done .. Heres one on gyno and estrogen if you wanna check it out ..

Gyno needs more than just estrogen

Merc.

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    Love it , Nice article Merc

Merc. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sigman roid View Post
    Love it , Nice article Merc
    Sup siggy .. Thanks man ..

Merc.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Merc the article was fake...Craig Davidson was called out and in the original article he had posted a before and after pic. The after pic was actually taken years before when Craig Davidson was doing alot of karate/boxing. I still cant find this proof tho

Merc. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Merc the article was fake...Craig Davidson was called out and in the original article he had posted a before and after pic. The after pic was actually taken years before when Craig Davidson was doing alot of karate/boxing. I still cant find this proof tho
    Sup War .. Yea I remeber somthing about that .. I know that one of the old staff members ( used to work at the steroid .com offices ) had emailed or might have spoke to Craig Davidson on the phone .. He said that Craig said that the pics in the article were reversed or something like that .. I was told that Craig also said the pics were legit.. But I cant say for sure if thats true .. who knows maybe he did lie ( i wouldnt doubt it .. some peeps do some crazy stuff )..

I wrote that right after he had his article published in Esquire mag ( and Esquire wanted to print in the next issue ) .. Do you know how long after the article was published he was called out ??

Merc.

Merc. is offline Banned
    Yea I couldn't find any info on it either .. But like I said I totally believe you ... it wouldn't shock me if he lied ....

Merc.

Merc. is offline Banned
    I also wrote this about Estrogen and Ai's effecting your gains .. It was published in Muscular Development magazine..

Estrogen Will It Effect My Gains

Merc.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    good read Merc......

Merc. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    good read Merc......
    Thanks EB ..

Merc.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    hey back to ya merc! glad to see you around here bro!!! I cant remember how long it was after he was called out. But come on 25 cans of tuna a day???

Merc. is offline Banned
    hey back to ya merc! glad to see you around here bro!!! I cant remember how long it was after he was called out. But come on 25 cans of tuna a day???
    Thanks Man ..

I know .. the 25 cans of tuna was just absurd.. I couldnt believe the article when I read it . I knew I had to write a article in response to it .

Merc.

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    Pretty cool.

stpete is offline Banned
    Nice.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Great retort! However, I feel that we dabble in a dark art. Most people are immune to common sense...I mean, why not take advice from a guy who thinks eating 25 cans of tuna a day is a good idea? We will always be forced to hide what we do from the eyes of society as a whole. It's much more profitable for news organizations, investigative reporters, editorial/column writers to talk about the shocking horrors of AAS use, than it is to discuss the sensible side of what we do, and the hordes of people that have successfully executed AAS cycles without negative results.

Merc. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Great retort! However, I feel that we dabble in a dark art. Most people are immune to common sense...I mean, why not take advice from a guy who thinks eating 25 cans of tuna a day is a good idea? We will always be forced to hide what we do from the eyes of society as a whole. It's much more profitable for news organizations, investigative reporters, editorial/column writers to talk about the shocking horrors of AAS use, than it is to discuss the sensible side of what we do, and the hordes of people that have successfully executed AAS cycles without negative results.
    Exactly .. You never hear the news talk about all the people on legit HRT ( and all the positive benefits they are reporting ) But I suppose there is no story in that .. They love to report about negative stuff .. Even when there has never been one single death linked to someone taking test ...

They have spread so much mis information about AAS that it really is insane ..

We need to come up with some sorta outlet to start getting some of the correct info out there ... So peeps can hear the other side so to speak .. At least than .. when more people have some of the correct info ( the truth ) they can make a decision for themselves if they think taking test is so awful .. But as it stands now with so much one sided mis information out there about steroids people have no clue about there positive effect ...

Its funny when I tell most people that you can get a script from a legit doc they dont really believe me ( or think I am just messing with them)... The response I have heard time and time again is ... "There isnt any doc going to give you steroids".. It really is a shame that the masses are so clueless about steroids ( due to how the media portrays them ).. So many men have andropause and dont even know anything about it ... We need a radio show on here to help us get some of the correct info out there ..

Merc.

Merc. is offline Banned
    Thanks Dancer and St Pete ..

Merc.

I gotta say since all these pro-steroid threads have been popping up, almost all the original concerns I had about running my first cycle have been completely alleviated.
    Although I was already aware of all the stupid steroid stereotypes perpetuated by the media, seeing some legitimate facts and meaningful information, such as this article, is making it a lot easier for me to jump in with both feet
    Last edited by Monster87; 10-27-2009 at 01:39 AM.

^^^Sorry Merc, didn't mean to hijack your thread...

Merc. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster87 View Post
    ^^^Sorry Merc, didn't mean to hijack your thread...

You didnt hijack it .. lol... You were just saying your opinion .. Thanks again for your feedback Monster ..

Merc.

Merc. is offline Banned
    Yo War ..

I emailed Craig to see if he would say anything about his article to see if he would admit that he was Bs'ing .. I will let you know if he replies...

Merc.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    Yo War ..

I emailed Craig to see if he would say anything about his article to see if he would admit that he was Bs'ing .. I will let you know if he replies...

Merc.
    Do keep us posted. Although, I don't see him replying. People who are full of shit usually don't answer call outs.

Merc. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Do keep us posted. Although, I don't see him replying. People who are full of shit usually don't answer call outs.
    Oh I totally agree.. I doubt I will hear back from him , I just thought I would give it a try and drop him a email ( plus it would be kinda funny to see what he did say if he replied ) .. We shall see... LOL...

Merc.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    I remember that article that douch bag wrote.......nice work Merc...I am starting a pizza and diet coke diet soon...My goal is to eat 10 pizzas a day...i will write an article abt it soon. and I will blame steroids for me being fat...pizza shouldn't effect cause i am taking the roids.......

Merc. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    I remember that article that douch bag wrote.......nice work Merc...I am starting a pizza and diet coke diet soon...My goal is to eat 10 pizzas a day...i will write an article abt it soon. and I will blame steroids for me being fat...pizza shouldn't effect cause i am taking the roids.......
    HAHAHA .. Yea it really is crazy ... Dude seems like he is just shot out ...

Merc.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    perfect merc

thumbs up

Merc. is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    perfect merc

thumbs up

Thanks D ....

Merc.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Well written article...Unfortunately, at the present time there is too much political capitol to be had demonizing steroids . There are 435 members of the House and 100 members of the Senate, and all need an issue to campaign on where they were able to make a difference. Steroids are a very easy target in this regard. I believe they're at the point that a certain powdery substance was at several decades ago. Steroids right now, have been used by professional athletes and celebrities, and therefore they make for great ratings. Consequently, these high profile figures also attract the attention of our legislators. With nearly 75,000 new laws being put on the books per year around the country, it should be no surprise that we are constantly under the lime light.

What I find most interesting, is that for employment in many Federal law enforcement jobs, under their drug use policies, many agencies allow experimentation with marijuana and some hard drugs as long as the use has been infrequent. However, on every agencies policy it clearly states that if you have ever used anabolic steroids after 1991 IN YOUR LIFETIME, you are automatically disqualified. It's quite ironic that a hormone garners this much persecution, something which isn't even a mind altering substance. Yet, Federal agents can have drug use in their past which consists of highly addictive and potentially life threatening narcotics. Even more disturbing, is that some would say that anabolic steroids might be beneficial to the job of a law enforcement agent who may come up against an attacker who is stronger or faster than the agent. The irony of it all.

I wrote a speech a few years back citing evidence and reasons for the repeal of the Anabolic Steroid Act of 1991, and an amendment to be put in it's place for the lawful use of anabolic steroids for cosmetic purposes. It fell on deaf ears of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information