vettewreck is offline Banned

Tattoos and a professional job....

How many of you guys are tatted up and have a professional job? Like a shirt and tie job. I have a full sleeve and have my knuckles tatted. I have a professional job with a shirt and tie and I gotta say, it gets annoying sometimes that I cant roll up my sleeves every now and then bc of my tat sleeve. But then theres the knuckle tats. I gotta wear tattoo cover up make up or bandaides every day. Most people dont even notice and if they do they dont say anything. Just curious to know how many other people go through what I do everyday to do what they want! lol

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I used to have my knuckles done. Got them removed exactly for that reason (job).

Can you PM me a before and after pic of having them removed? Would like to see how close to "back to normal" you got. I say PM bc you blacked out your other tats from viewers to see. If not, all good buddy.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    ^^I'd be curious to see as well if you don't mind.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Brewster is offline Member
    easy to remove on knuckles

good thing u didnt get ur neck tatted with the street u live on

Littleirishman is offline Junior Member
    i think tats are accepted these days a lot more no ?

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vettewreck View Post
    Can you PM me a before and after pic of having them removed? Would like to see how close to "back to normal" you got. I say PM bc you blacked out your other tats from viewers to see. If not, all good buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    ^^I'd be curious to see as well if you don't mind.
    I'll take the after pics tonight when I get home.

Not sure if have any before I can dig up.

It wasn't laser removal though.

I went to a plastic surgeon. He literally cut the ink out, and grafted skin from the side of hand (that "meaty" portion below the pinky).

Most of them healed nicely, and hardly anyone in my everyday, professional life notices them.

SergeantCarbs is offline Associate Member
    Had 3 lasered off in the past. They dont come all the way off, you can still see that something was previously there even if ya cant make it out. Pissing me off, I think Im gonna go get new ones to cover those spots now.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleirishman View Post
    i think tats are accepted these days a lot more no ?
    In general yes. But on the hands in a professional shirt and tie job like I have, no way.

D7M. Nevermind on the pics. If it were laser Id be curious to see but not really the route you took. lol. All good

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    I'll take the after pics tonight when I get home.

Not sure if have any before I can dig up.

It wasn't laser removal though.

I went to a plastic surgeon. He literally cut the ink out, and grafted skin from the side of hand (that "meaty" portion below the pinky).

Most of them healed nicely, and hardly anyone in my everyday, professional life notices them.
    Hardcore!
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Tattoos on the neck and hands are a no no.. never ever do that... everything else can be covered with a shirt and tie.. and if you rolled up your sleeves you will be fine... a sleeve is okay.. neck and hand tattoos are more related to prison tats.. which is not good

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    Hardcore!
    haha...not really.

They gave me a local, and a bunch of goodies to make me sleep like a baby while they cut at my hand.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    3 tattoos and have a professsional job but all can be covered with a t-shirt. So maybe I do not count for this.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a few tatts, but nothing you can see unless i take my shirt off, and I have a very professional job

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    just got a new one on bicep - turned out bigger than I wanted - so no more short sleeves because it pokes out when I move the arm - wondering how I am going to go shirtless on the company awards trip this year? Oh well, feck it. Prolly most of the vp's have one somewhere too, just to chicken to show it. Fortune 20 company - very professional.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I have a partial sleeve, from the elbow up, the bottom part sticks out of my sleeves, but I have never had anyone complain.

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    just got a new one on bicep - turned out bigger than I wanted - so no more short sleeves because it pokes out when I move the arm - wondering how I am going to go shirtless on the company awards trip this year? Oh well, feck it. Prolly most of the vp's have one somewhere too, just to chicken to show it. Fortune 20 company - very professional.
    If you can go shirtless on a company trip, then you shouldnt be worried about showing a tattoo.

lil_herc81 is offline Member
    Professional job, no ties though. I had to remove all of my piercings (2 each ear, 3 spikes under the lip and an eyebrow). I want to sleeve it out but if I do I will have to always wear long sleeves. You would think in this day and age that art would be respected and not frowned upon.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    my job is all about professionalism and i have full sleeves and wear a t-shirt everyday

If you can go shirtless on a company trip, then you shouldnt be worried about showing a tattoo.
    Sorry bro, but I forgot that when the trip is to a world class beach resort that all the folks wore a shirt on the beach.

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    If fat people, different ethnicities, people with disabilities, and pretty much anyone can sue for discrimination, for losing a job, or for not getting a job. Why can't people with tattoos?

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend View Post
    If fat people, different ethnicities, people with disabilities, and pretty much anyone can sue for discrimination, for losing a job, or for not getting a job. Why can't people with tattoos?
    Definately agree, I would love some ink but some people always have their shit to say

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend View Post
    Because you chose to get those tattoos so it's not a disability. We all know that fat people don't choose to be fat they just can't help it......end sarcasm

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I have two tattoos. A large one that goes from my right shoulder to about an inch above my elbow and a smaller one on the inside of my left bicep. The bigger one sticks out of tshirts and polos slightly and the smaller one can only be seen when I put my hand above my head. I work in a professional job and you can see my tat through some of my lighter colored shirts but I've only ever gotten compliments.

Rodax is offline Associate Member
    I had a guy at my old job who had his done to where he could cover them with a short sleeve t shirt under his dress shirt otherwise they just show through. He also had one on his calves but you have to wear pants anyway to professional jobs. I never saw them until we played basketball 2 weeks after I started there.

I understand the whole discrimination thing, but lets be real.... You get a job, start showing your kuckle tats in a pure professional job, they WILL FIND a reason to fire you but of course if WILL NOT be deemed as your tattoos. It will be bc you showed up 1 min late one day. And that, there is nothing you can do about. Of course they would never state, "We are firing you bc youre hispanic, black, or white" or "We are firing you bc you have tattoos". They will cover their ass and say "We are firing you bc you were late, forgot paperwork, ect ect" or for some other reason you technically cant fight.

Rodax is offline Associate Member
    yeah thus is the world wrapped up in bureaucracy. The first job I was ever fired from, I hated my boss and he hated me because he thought I was some wiz kid genius (That's what he called me) and ever since the one day I schooled him he made a point to write my ass up for any and every small thing that he let other people get away with, so one Friday I didn't call in and he didn't call me (as part of the company protocol). Monday rolls around and he's there when I got there at 6am and he's like well we have to let you go, too many things too many times. I found a way better job with a way better dress code and a more enjoyable atmosphere.

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    I read a study on this recently, and it seems that people are far more accepting of tattoos in the workplace then they were 30 years ago. I doesn't seem to have the same meaning as it use to; it's not just for drunken sailors who marry their first cousins anymore... Look at Megan Fox for example. I know I do.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    I have a bunch of tats but have always been thoughtful enough to have them placed where they can be covered with a tshirt

I do have a small one on my left ring finger, but if i need to cover i can wear a ring and its completely covered up.

Thoughtful to who?

Mine was supposed to come down about as low as the one on your right - but he inched it a little lower on me.

lil_herc81 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorDwanye View Post
    I read a study on this recently, and it seems that people are far more accepting of tattoos in the workplace then they were 30 years ago. I doesn't seem to have the same meaning as it use to; it's not just for drunken sailors who marry their first cousins anymore... Look at Megan Fox for example. I know I do.
    Easy on the sailors buddy!!!! lol

MAC MAN is offline Junior Member
    When did piercing become acceptable before tats?? You can have a tongue ring, ear gauge out but no tats. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by MAC MAN View Post
    When did piercing become acceptable before tats?? You can have a tongue ring, ear gauge out but no tats. WTF
    Removeable every morning before work.

Vette you pick up 300lbs on a damn bar and shoulder press it. You don't need a shirt and tie job, and I promise you're allowed to show the tats if they know how strong you are.

I understand the whole discrimination thing, but lets be real.... You get a job, start showing your kuckle tats in a pure professional job, they WILL FIND a reason to fire you but of course if WILL NOT be deemed as your tattoos. It will be bc you showed up 1 min late one day. And that, there is nothing you can do about. Of course they would never state, "We are firing you bc youre hispanic, black, or white" or "We are firing you bc you have tattoos". They will cover their ass and say "We are firing you bc you were late, forgot paperwork, ect ect" or for some other reason you technically cant fight.
    ^^
    this - doesnt have to be just knucle tats either.

Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d View Post
    Vette you pick up 300lbs on a damn bar and shoulder press it. You don't need a shirt and tie job, and I promise you're allowed to show the tats if they know how strong you are.
    So youre saying I should just bully my way into a job? ahhahaha!!! Word!!!

*Side note D3m3nt3d.... I should be posting the vid of me shoulder pressing 315 in a few weeks 6 plates motherfvcker!!!

Flatscat: I agree completely. Was just using an extreme example.

So youre saying I should just bully my way into a job? ahhahaha!!! Word!!!

*Side note D3m3nt3d.... I should be posting the vid of me shoulder pressing 315 in a few weeks 6 plates motherfvcker!!!
    Thats exactly what I'm saying!

And hell yeah, post the video bro, no way I'm ever doing any crazy shit like that

Im pretty sure I can do it now for 1 or 2. But i want 2-3 reps on video.

I did 285 for 4 on 4TH SET yesterday. So I imagine fresh, warm up set, then straight to 315, shouldnt be a problem.

Im pretty sure I can do it now for 1 or 2. But i want 2-3 reps on video.

I did 285 for 4 on 4TH SET yesterday. So I imagine fresh, warm up set, then straight to 315, shouldnt be a problem.
    Yeah you got this bro

D.Pump is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    The thing you have to realize is that people judge you based on your appearance. Obviously they shouldn't its kind of like that dont judge a book by its cover thing. I always wanted to get tattoos (and also dredlocks at one point) but never did because I knew that whether I liked it or not ppl were gunna judge me (and typically in a negative way) no matter what.

Thread Information