Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In other countries do yall have ethanol in your gas? Here in the US, our gas is up to 10% ethanol because the govt has subsidized the corn industry for so long and to such a great extent that we have an excess and must use it somehow. Ethanol is absolute garbage. It decreases fuel efficiency and clogs jets and injectors if let sit for even a short time. I can't leave that sh!t in my lawn mower or dirt bike for more than couple weeks without it completely clogging them up and having to take the carbs completely apart to clean them out.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Sure, but it takes you two hours to drive across your country. It can take me an hour to make it ten miles where I live. I know people who are in the car for 3 hours a days just driving to and from work.
    hmm, and what do you think getting from one side of dublin to the other is like? and you cant drive across ireland in 2hrs

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    3.65 for a gallon of 87 octane right now

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11;5537***
    hmm, and what do you think getting from one side of dublin to the other is like? and you cant drive across ireland in 2hrs
    I don't know, I went there a long time ago. But I'd bet you the average driver where I live rips through way more fuel than the average driver in Dublin. Dublin has 500,000 people. I can't imagine it would be that bad.

I made it from Dublin to the west coast in a couple hours I think. It was a long time ago so maybe I'm wrong.

Blog Entries
    I don't know, I went there a long time ago. But I'd bet you the average driver where I live rips through way more fuel than the average driver in Dublin. Dublin has 500,000 people. I can't imagine it would be that bad.

I made it from Dublin to the west coast in a couple hours I think. It was a long time ago so maybe I'm wrong.
    erm try 1.6 million population for greater dublin area mate.
    your talking 3-4hrs across country in flowing traffic

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    USA average

prices are: regular, midgrade, premium, diesel, E85

Current Avg. $3.171 $3.307 $3.436 $3.566 $2.760
    Yesterday Avg. $3.168 $3.303 $3.433 $3.562 $2.741
    Week Ago Avg. $3.126 $3.257 $3.384 $3.526 $2.698
    Month Ago Avg. $3.116 $3.309 $3.427 $3.418 $2.945
    Year Ago Avg. $2.642 $2.805 $2.906 $2.835 $2.292

Highest Recorded Average Price:
    Regular Unl. $4.114 7/17/2008
    DSL. $4.845 7/17/2008

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    if i convert it to dollars $1.30 per liter on petrol $0.95 per liter on diesel...

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    erm try 1.6 million population for greater dublin area mate.
    your talking 3-4hrs across country in flowing traffic
    I'm not gonna argue that your traffic sucks. I'm sure it does. I can't stand the shit. I'd gladly pay double for my gas not to have to drive in this --

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    3.19 gal, i think is high.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    I just put 40 litres 91 octane in my 4x4 before going to Bahrain and it cost £2.97 ($4.76)

I don't know what you lot are complaining about

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    OK guys please dont be angry but I live in kuwait and the price is as follows 0.060 KWD = 0.21 USD per liter Saudi Arabia is much cheaper

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    OK guys please dont be angry but I live in kuwait and the price is as follows 0.060 KWD = 0.21 USD per liter Saudi Arabia is much cheaper
    As in my post above in Saudi it actually works out at 12 cents / 7 1/2p a litre for 91 octane and just over 3 cents / 2p a litre for diesel

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    As in my post above in Saudi it actually works out at 12 cents / 7 1/2p a litre for 91 octane and just over 3 cents / 2p a litre for diesel
    Yeah all of the GCC countries have cheap Gas, It costs us about 12 dollars to drive to Bahrain which is a 4 hour drive, and the same amount to Riyadh. That would cost me over $100 in the US

Blog Entries
    I'm not gonna argue that your traffic sucks. I'm sure it does. I can't stand the shit. I'd gladly pay double for my gas not to have to drive in this --

yeah dublin is a shithole to drive around,the amount of taxis alone is phenominal, although now that the m50 around the city is in better flow it has eased it alittle but rush hour is a nightmare, just like that pic!!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    i think it is around 1.30 euro here per liter.. i don't drive anymore though cause i live in the middle of the city and don't have to... but when i take the Beast out it gets very costly, as it only gets a few miles to the gallon with that 7.2 liter engine
    Yeah, my 6.6 liter gets 8mpg. I drive it less and less as the price of fuel goes up.

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    In Edmonton we're at $0.95/L for gas and about $1/L for Diesel.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    In other countries do yall have ethanol in your gas? Here in the US, our gas is up to 10% ethanol because the govt has subsidized the corn industry for so long and to such a great extent that we have an excess and must use it somehow. Ethanol is absolute garbage. It decreases fuel efficiency and clogs jets and injectors if let sit for even a short time. I can't leave that sh!t in my lawn mower or dirt bike for more than couple weeks without it completely clogging them up and having to take the carbs completely apart to clean them out.
    This has been a huge issue. We were told that since ethanol is cheaper to produce, that it would make gas prices cheaper. Yet when they introduced their up to 10% ethanol in all of the gas (which i really dont think it is any less than 10%) i saw no difference in prices. If anything they went up.

My gas mileage has suffered and there is a noticeable difference in how my car has been running. It is just another way for them to take our money

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    3.65 for a gallon of 87 octane right now
    I thought the 3.15 I was spending here was expensive.

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    I think I just paid 3.20 for 88 octane

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    about to go alot higher soon with the unrest in Libya, I think it just went up $20 a barrel overnight!

Considering we get sooooo much oil from Libya, that makes perfect sense. What a bunch of shit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information