Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LiftSpotter205 is offline New Member

What's it like to be big?

I started lifting about ten years ago at 140lbs, I'm about 208lbs now in my mid 20's
    Just started my first cycle but I've always looked at the bigger lifters and wondered what it must be like to walk around being such a big guy.
    Bodybuilders are huge and everyone looks at them. I only asked one guy in person, and he got all philosophical, like what matters is how big a person you are on the inside.
    What I mean is how does it feel to walk around and have people really notice you for all the effort you've put in, to have punks get the hell out of your way.
    I've never thrown my weight around or started anything, but I've always looked up to big guys since I first started watching WWF on television.
    Weight lifting is big enough now that you're not a wierdo for walking around at 250+, I think guys have at least an inkling of how hard it is to get that big. I aspire to reach 265+ of 15 percent LBM
    My motivation has skyrocketed this last few months with new training partners, significantly improved nutrition, and hopefully the gear. Mr Zhasni's videos on youtube are also a big inspiration.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mrZhasni#p/u/28/otD4prOS09s

Thanks for the great forum I've learned a lot here already. And I did try and find a post like this before I wrote it.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    as much as it's envy, you'll always get the haters too.

jealousy.

Phosphor is offline Junior Member
    My bro-in-law was pretty big at one time while dating my sister. He was 225, 5'11", and about 9%BF. I would workout sometimes when he was at my gym and the straight guys would be drooling over him and hanging on his every word. Like some kind of greek god. He was fairly dismissive of the whole thing and my sister would make fun of the guys to us in private that they wouldn't even glance her way when she was there (she is pretty hot, for being my sister). I thought the whole thing silly back then as I do now really. Jealous a bit? Sure, a little, but I have the personality of a turd (and realize this), so regardless of whatever sizes I have been I could never achieve god-status with mortal man.

Nowadays he is actually kinda puny and gave up on the weights. He still looks good, but just a shadow of his former self.

SaintInASinnersEyes is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phosphor View Post
    My bro-in-law was pretty big at one time while dating my sister. He was 225, 5'11", and about 9%BF. I would workout sometimes when he was at my gym and the straight guys would be drooling over him and hanging on his every word. Like some kind of greek god. He was fairly dismissive of the whole thing and my sister would make fun of the guys to us in private that they wouldn't even glance her way when she was there (she is pretty hot, for being my sister). I thought the whole thing silly back then as I do now really. Jealous a bit? Sure, a little, but I have the personality of a turd (and realize this), so regardless of whatever sizes I have been I could never achieve god-status with mortal man.

Nowadays he is actually kinda puny and gave up on the weights. He still looks good, but just a shadow of his former self.
    Wincest ??

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    OP, just keep in mind that being bigger will also make a lot of guys take shots at you.

And not sound philosophical like the other guy, but its really how you perceive yourself. Never worry about what others think. Yah, its nice to have a girl look your way with the obvious intention of turing you into a peice of meat in your mind, but this kind of lifestyle should be first and foremost for the builder, not the onlooker.

Im not the biggest guy, but even I find it gets more annoying than what its worth to try and live when you're built larger than the median of the population. Buying clothes is such a pain in the ass.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Clothes don't fit
    Little guys try to prove themselves by starting shit with you
    It costs more to maintain your lifestyle

You get more vagina (depending on personality)
    You join a community of other big guys who are generally really respectful down to earth people.
    The non haters also respect you and look up to you more.

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Clothes don't fit
    Little guys try to prove themselves by starting shit with you
    It costs more to maintain your lifestyle

You get more vagina (depending on personality)
    You join a community of other big guys who are generally really respectful down to earth people.
    The non haters also respect you and look up to you more.
    On the female side:

Yes...clothes are a bitch. Buy bigger pants to fit legs, yet have to sinch in waist
    Shirts are made for tiny girls...arms can't squeeze in long sleeve (so...we wear a lot of short sleeves; NOT trying to show off)
    And..yes...cost more; certainly not as much as guys...but still

Guys are intrigued; but never hit on me
    Girls tend to glare with that look (I hope I inspire some)
    And, yes...the non haters have much respect as Stack said

Quote Originally Posted by SaintInASinnersEyes View Post
    Wincest ??
    Winner! No, nevermind.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I workout and eat right because i enjoy it. I no longer have a need to be "big." I want to be healthy and strong. If my body requires gear to become big then i will never be big. I refuse at this point in my life to rely on substances to maintain my body size.

Guys are intrigued; but never hit on me
    Kawigirl, it must be the other forum where you have pictures posted, but I find this very, very difficult to believe. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnsedentary View Post
    Kawigirl, it must be the other forum where you have pictures posted, but I find this very, very difficult to believe. Just sayin'.
    I'm not joking....I think in all the years I've been at the gym and competing...I think maybe 3 or 4! And, those are typically the young dudes who seem to have balls nowadays.

I'm not even in the same country and want to hit on you.

Maybe you give off an unapproachable vibe in person?

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    I'm not joking....I think in all the years I've been at the gym and competing...I think maybe 3 or 4! And, those are typically the young dudes who seem to have balls nowadays.
    Some of the guys here seem to have balls of steel with the 'online' ladies, but they would prolly shrivel up if they came face to face. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by oldnsedentary View Post
    I'm not even in the same country and want to hit on you.

Maybe you give off an unapproachable vibe in person?

LOL!

I try my best to be very approachable and warm.....

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not sure about knowing anything first hand myself.... I can get fairly big, but not where anybody is drooling over me.... that's silly. And not at the proportions and bf% needed at the pro level. But I know what you mean.... There is a certain amount of worship amongst the groopies... kinda sad to watch.... looks pretty demeaning to me (for the groopies, I mean)

and Kawi, ya know what? With every guy chasing after ya on the other thread over your avi, I'm scratching my head in wonder. So I have to question your definition of "hitting on you" means. Men of class are not going to come up to you and blatantly make an indecent proposal. They will ease their way into it over conversation and drinks. If you mean blokes just walking up to you outta nowhere and just bingo! hitting on you like, hey babe, let's go to my place!

Cuz if that's what you mean, then i've never hit on a woman before.....

bruary17 is offline Member
    OP, seems to me you really want that bodybuilder image. Not to sound like a cheeseball but seriously.....who you are on the inside is what will get you what you want in life....how strong willed and confident you are on the inside will determine your future....not how big your biceps are. write that down.

^^ of course I'm writing this inbetween pushups on my bdrm floor.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    when u r big most women wont let u do the anal......wait what r we talking abt?

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    LOL!

I try my best to be very approachable and warm.....
    Whoa @ the profile pic

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    bada bing!

Cal's got a million of em folks....

hey, did he ever tell ya the time he picked up a fat chick on the side of the road? When he did, the earth raised back up 6 inches.... har har har har har

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    bada bing!

hey, did he ever tell ya the time he picked up a fat chick on the side of the road? When he did, the earth raised back up 6 inches.... har har har har har

it must be funny in the 60's ...was i suppose to laugh at this?

bada bing!

Roman, I love you. Your a very likable man. But this joke was just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    Roman, I love you. Your a very likable man. But this joke was just awful.
    must be famous in 60s when he was in his twenties.....

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Phosphor View Post
    Jealous a bit? Sure, a little, but I have the personality of a turd (and realize this)
    ^ ^ Lmao!

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    kaw i dont wanna hit on you i have way better things to do with/to you

drdeath, your grammer is so god awful, I think it would turn kawi right off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm half kidding.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    grammar son not grammer

dont insult if you cant get it right to start off with

second way to much of a rush to be nerdy im at work and i write here between doing tattoos and when they ask for a break

I'm not sure about knowing anything first hand myself.... I can get fairly big, but not where anybody is drooling over me.... that's silly. And not at the proportions and bf% needed at the pro level. But I know what you mean.... There is a certain amount of worship amongst the groopies... kinda sad to watch.... looks pretty demeaning to me (for the groopies, I mean)

and Kawi, ya know what? With every guy chasing after ya on the other thread over your avi, I'm scratching my head in wonder. So I have to question your definition of "hitting on you" means. Men of class are not going to come up to you and blatantly make an indecent proposal. They will ease their way into it over conversation and drinks. If you mean blokes just walking up to you outta nowhere and just bingo! hitting on you like, hey babe, let's go to my place!

Cuz if that's what you mean, then i've never hit on a woman before.....

Sure...they smile...but that's all I get out them. I'VE had to man up and approach some first......

awms is offline Senior Member
    My brother was 270lbs at his peak and he deff got noticed when he walked in a room! At the bars he would attract women but the wrong kind...the head cases, the striper type who has issues lol the ones who want a big bf only so they can get attenion and get noticed although it worked in his favour because he would almost always take one of them home lol

Also skinny guys would always try to prove them selfs by trying to fight him for no reason at all...most of the time he would laugh it off but a few times he had to fight and one time he got a bottle in the back of the head.

Has its ups and its downs.

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    My brother was 270lbs at his peak and he deff got noticed when he walked in a room! At the bars he would attract women but the wrong kind...the head cases, the striper type who has issues lol the ones who want a big bf only so they can get attenion and get noticed although it worked in his favour because he would almost always take one of them home lol

Also skinny guys would always try to prove them selfs by trying to fight him for no reason at all...most of the time he would laugh it off but a few times he had to fight and one time he got a bottle in the back of the head.

Has its ups and its downs.
    Awms summed this up pretty well. When your big you attract extremely vain and superficial woman like strippers, attention whores, jersey shore head cases, and most of all attention whores.

Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    Awms summed this up pretty well. When your big you attract extremely vain and superficial woman like strippers, attention whores, jersey shore head cases, and most of all attention whores.
    And this is why Haz loved the bodybuilding lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613 View Post
    grammar son not grammer

second way to much of a rush to be nerdy im at work and i write here between doing tattoos and when they ask for a break
    Insulting.
    Last edited by bruary17; 03-09-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613 View Post
    grammar son not grammer

Haha! Touché! Or would you understand it better if I said, two Shay? It's not nerdy...it's called educated. Do you ever screw up punctuation on any tattoos you do? Oh, snap!

chi
    Attention whores are great for a pump and dump other then that they are annoying beyond belief and pathetic. There personality sucks and they are retards lol. Great for a 4am lay though.

Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    Attention whores are great for a pump and dump other then that they are annoying beyond belief and pathetic. There personality sucks and they are retards lol. Great for a 4am lay though.
    wtf you doing awake @ 4am? you young kids, must be nice to be able to party all night... I need to be in bed by 10pm

chi
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    wtf you doing awake @ 4am? you young kids, must be nice to be able to party all night... I need to be in bed by 10pm
    they are awake at 4am blowing your chit up from throwing a bunch of yayo up their nose. Also the attention whores can also be ugly she beasts too that think they are good looking when in fact they are not and are not even in shape or have a nice face. Have to steer clear of those head cases.
    Last edited by chi; 03-09-2011 at 03:20 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Lucky! 9pm is the latest for me... =\

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I guess I can chime in on this. I'm pretty huge, but not a low body fat guy. I've got the classic powerlifter/strongman build. I get looks all the time, clothes have always been hard to find. I don't get challenged much by smaller guys unless I'm at a club and there are some drunks idiots around. But usually when you're over 6'4 and over 300lbs, very few people challenge you.

I've had more benefits than discomforts. No one messes with my kids. Boys don't try to take advantage of my daughter. I get free stuff all the time because people think I'm still a professional football player. No one messes with my wife. It's pretty cool. But of course, I don't walk around like an asshole. I know I'm usually the biggest guy in the room, but I stay humble and don't try to walk around like I'm 'da man'.

Pretty good life being larger than life!

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I guess I can chime in on this. I'm pretty huge, but not a low body fat guy. I've got the classic powerlifter/strongman build. I get looks all the time, clothes have always been hard to find. I don't get challenged much by smaller guys unless I'm at a club and there are some drunks idiots around. But usually when you're over 6'4 and over 300lbs, very few people challenge you.

I've had more benefits than discomforts. No one messes with my kids. Boys don't try to take advantage of my daughter. I get free stuff all the time because people think I'm still a professional football player. No one messes with my wife. It's pretty cool. But of course, I don't walk around like an asshole. I know I'm usually the biggest guy in the room, but I stay humble and don't try to walk around like I'm 'da man'.

Pretty good life being larger than life!
    i will fight you tiny....bring it

KyleJumpjets is offline Associate Member
    Good thread by the OP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information