Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    u havent seen it ..i have

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    The fanaticism of this lot is like Nazi Germany was in the 30's. Fortunately in the early war years and pre war we rounded up the Germans in Britain so that they could not aid the enemy. I believe in the States the same happened to the Japs. Well in Britain now the recent governments have allowed the "enemy" to move into, and in certain places, take over vast swathes of the country.

Dangerous times my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    u havent seen it ..i have
    I have experince of extreme fanatism of the Christian kind!

I spent many years in Belfast Northern Ireland, in the late sixties and early seventies, and have seen what extreme religious bigotry can achieve!

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Is this the same guy that said he was going to burn the Koran last year?

Anyway I am off fo a few quiet beers now and I will pick up when I become more lucid in a few hours time

Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Is this the same guy that said he was going to burn the Koran last year?
    Yep the one and only!!!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Stay safe

stay in touch with us

stay cool headed

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    Anyway I am off fo a few quiet beers now and I will pick up when I become more lucid in a few hours time
    first it is with the multiple girlfriends, now it's the beers? Next you'll be bragging about freedom or some bullsh1t like that? oh well, who needs women, or beers, or freedom, right? I'm perfectly happy without...

...aw, who the fuk am i kidding?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    It wouldn't be so bad if the media didn't amplify these things. Some nobody burns something in front of 30 people...who the hell cares? But, the national news decides this will keep people interested, so they effectively allow this nobody to burn something in front of millions of people...and now everybody cares. Why not let closed minded people live their little lives in solitude instead of seeking out the most degenerate people on the planet for entertainment?

^ that's why most body bombers do what they do before 9am our local time.... so it can get on the evening news back in the states. after 9am it gets quiet

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    so i can cum get you after 9am ok roman ill see 2morrow around 11am sweet meat

so Roman now u get a feeling how all the arabs/muslims were feeling after 9/11....I just feel sorry for anyone in that condition...I really am.

you mean the arabs muslims there at home? I empathized with them after. I'd go into the liquor stores (not trying to be stereotypical, just recalling an event) and people would be staring at them like they were responsible. I told the guy behind the counter that not everyone in america is hateful, and that some (me) appreciate they had nothing to do with it, so people hassling them was BS.

but yeah cal, it kinda is the same thing for me, isn't it. well put....

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Yes it does, it's superstition for adults a bit like we had the tooth fairy and father christmas as mythical figures as kids.

I couldn't care less if a Bible or Koran gets burned, but Muslims are so damned sensitive. You know, they burn our flags, make effigy's of our leaders, burn our holy texts but then demand "fatwas" if a Danish cartoonist depicts Mohammed.

Muslims need to get over it!
    Agreed. And my terrible grammar "our" not are. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    first it is with the multiple girlfriends, now it's the beers? Next you'll be bragging about freedom or some bullsh1t like that? oh well, who needs women, or beers, or freedom, right? I'm perfectly happy without...

...aw, who the fuk am i kidding?
    Hey Times we brew our own surely you can do the same there?

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    This is the direct problem with freedom of speech... cant pursecute this asshole for what will surely be many deaths

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Hey TR if you really want to go out and about over there, just dress in a full burka and no one will know you are american. Of course you may get an unwanted? advance on you or even an attempt by a arab man to drive you home miss daisy. But hey the things you have to do over there to get a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Hey TR if you really want to go out and about over there, just dress in a full burka and no one will know you are american. Of course you may get an unwanted? advance on you or even an attempt by a arab man to drive you home miss daisy. But hey the things you have to do over there to get a beer.
    in afghanistan they are not arab they a pashtoons....jeez...

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    While the priest is a moron without the press and people stupid enough to read about it and tune in to it on TV it would only be what it started out as. A moron burning a book, be it the bible, koran or the American flag turn off the camera and change the channel and its a coyote howling at the moon.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    ^^^ bingo

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    in afghanistan they are not arab they a pashtoons....jeez...
    What? you mean they are not all alike? And to think our public skewls never taught us any different.

clemont51 is offline Banned
    Are there any benefits to have more muslims move into europe?

Hey Times we brew our own surely you can do the same there?
    I brewed beer for over 5 years and was actually very proficient, yielding some very tasty beer of many varities.

We did talk about it. But the problem is the logistics. First you need a sterile environment in a kitchen area. then you need a stable cool temperature to ferment the wort and age the beer. This is alot of work, no doubt. Supplies are difficult to get, and would have to be through the mail. And the supplies would have to arrive frequently if you plan on drinking beer regularly.

Right now, it's a no go. I can get a case of Tuborg for the low low price of only $100.

no security issues yesterday..... false alarm

I have just been across to Bahrain and had a salmon lunch at Chilli's with my g/f .... she was so glad to see me we spent the whole afternoon in bed.

I had to laugh as in one shop they said that they won't accept the 500 fils coin as it is now illegal as it depicts the Pearl monument. The Pearl Roundabout has been levelled now and it looks like they are building a traffic light system there.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    It is the cvnt media that spreads word of this shit that should be held accountable.. i could go burn a koran right now and it would make no difference.. but if the media spreads word of it then they are just ads guilty as the idiot doing it.. WHY DO WE GIVE THESE GUYS THE TIME OF DAY???? These morons are like trolls.. if we ignore them, they go away, if we give them a spotlight.. they multiply

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Yeah TR, expect it to take a while for this to blow over. Hopefully you will be able to get out soon and enjoy some outside weather.

ranman32566 is offline Junior Member
    I thought he was an asshole

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Yes it does, it's superstition for adults a bit like we had the tooth fairy and father christmas as mythical figures as kids.

I couldn't care less if a Bible or Koran gets burned, but Muslims are so damned sensitive. You know, they burn our flags, make effigy's of our leaders, burn our holy texts but then demand "fatwas" if a Danish cartoonist depicts Mohammed.

Muslims need to get over it!
    Pump your brakes hot rod!!!! As I am 1 of the 1.6 billion Muslims on earth, I really dont think I am sensitive nor are any of my friends. They burn flags (Who is they) I have Old Glory Tattooed on My right Shoulder. Never seen a burned Bible in the Middle East but watched a bunch of rednecks from my hometown shoot a bible with a 30.06. Watched US soldiers burn and shoot the Quran In Iraq. I voted for Obama, and could give a fvck less about fatwas from conservitive clerics, Having said that I am totally against anyone making fun of religious figures, like Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed, ect. This is wrong on so many levels.

You need to get educated on the subject matter & You need to get over it!!!!!

I have just been across to Bahrain and had a salmon lunch at Chilli's with my g/f .... she was so glad to see me we spent the whole afternoon in bed.

I had to laugh as in one shop they said that they won't accept the 500 fils coin as it is now illegal as it depicts the Pearl monument. The Pearl Roundabout has been levelled now and it looks like they are building a traffic light system there.

Did they open up the Causway?

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    Did they open up the Causway?
    The causeway was/is open but there were police checks on both sides of th causeway before the toll booths. They did turn some cars around in front of me and I don't know why!

its called prayer call
    Adhan is the true way to say it.

Hey Paul.
    Check this out. Since I have been here... I have heard nothing except complaints about our cooks... so finally, i get off my assss and hire a chef from a local "5 Star" hotel. tonight, we had roasted quail, parmessan fettuccini, fruit salad, excellent variety of very tasty fresh vegetables. God damm I am so happy right now!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Hey Paul.
    Check this out. Since I have been here... I have heard nothing except complaints about our cooks... so finally, i get off my assss and hire a chef from a local "5 Star" hotel. tonight, we had roasted quail, parmessan fettuccini, fruit salad, excellent variety of very tasty fresh vegetables. God damm I am so happy right now!
    Problem solver.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Problem solver.
    more of a personally motivated problem solver.

usually for dinner we get a "corn pizza" which consists of round bread, vegetable goulosh over that, and a light smattering of cheese over that. Notice I didn't mention meet?

the cooks prepare the same food day in and day out. no personal hygeine, no sense of nutrition, very little menu.....

Hey Paul.
    Times ..... I love Quail .... a bit fiddley but lovely!!! Well done!

yeah, it was a bit fiddley, but damm it was good. not sure what we are having tonight, but I got to eat light since I''ll dinner again at a hotel over a chess match! =)

Afghan protest over Quran burning leaves 5 dead

to finish up and show "cause and effect".....

KABUL, Afghanistan – Anger over the burning of the Muslim holy book erupted into deadly violence for the second straight day Saturday in Afghanistan, with demonstrators setting cars and shops ablaze in a riot that left at least five civilians dead, officials said.

The desecration of the Quran at a small Florida church has outraged millions of Muslims and others worldwide, fueling anti-American sentiment that only further strains ties between the Afghan government and the West.

Underscoring the tensions, two suicide attackers disguised as women blew themselves up and a third was gunned down when they attacked NATO base on the outskirts of Kabul.

The Quran was burned on March 20, but many Afghans only found out about it when Afghan President Hamid Karzai condemned the desecration four days later. Protests broke out on Friday in Kabul, Herat in western Afghanistan and thousands flooded the streets of Mazar-i-Sharif, the provincial capital of Balkh province in the north.

Hundreds of Afghans, carrying long sticks and holding copies of the Quran over their heads, also marched through Kandahar, the largest city in southern Afghanistan and the cradle of the insurgency. The crackle of gunfire could be heard throughout the city, which was blanketed by thick black smoke.

Security forces shot in the air to disperse the crowd, said Zalmai Ayubi, a spokesman for the provincial governor. It's unclear how the five protesters were slain, he said.

Daud Ahsam, a doctor in the emergency room at Kandahar's Mirwais Hospital gave the death toll and said 53 people also were hurt. Shops and restaurants throughout the city were shuttered and routes leading into the city were blocked by security forces.

An Associated Press photographer estimated the crowd at a few thousand and said demonstrators had smashed his camera and roughed up other journalists.

The bloodshed came a day after Afghans protesting the Quran burning stormed a U.N. compound in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif, leaving four Afghan protesters and seven foreign U.N. employees dead, including four Nepalese guards. The other three were identified by officials in their home countries as: Joakim Dungel, a 33-year-old Swede; Lt. Col. Siri Skare, a 53-year-old female pilot from Norway; and Filaret Motco, a 43-year-old Romanian who worked in the political section of the U.N.

Karzai's office said the president spoke on the telephone Saturday morning with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon. Karzai asked the secretary-general to extend his condolences to the families of the slain U.N. workers. He also called on the U.N. to help promote religious tolerance throughout the world to ease friction between people of different faiths. Karzai said Afghan officials were investigating the U.N. attack and would bring the perpetrators to justice.

In Florida, Wayne Sapp, a pastor at the church, called the events "tragic," but said he did not regret the actions of his church.

"I in no way feel like our church is responsible for what happened," Sapp said in a telephone interview on Friday.

Afghan authorities suspect insurgents melded into the mob outside the U.N. compound and they announced the arrest of more than 20 people, including a militant they suspect was the ringleader of the assault. The suspect was an insurgent from Kapisa province, a hotbed of militancy about 250 miles (400 kilometers) southeast of the city, said Rawof Taj, deputy provincial police chief.

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid sent a text message to The Associated Press on Saturday denying that the insurgency was responsible for killing the U.N. workers.

Demonstrators have alleged that the four protesters were killed by Afghan security forces. Interior Ministry spokesman Zemeri Bashary said Saturday that a delegation of high-ranking Afghan officials was being sent to the city to investigate the what happened during the demonstration in which seven vehicles, including a police vehicle, were burned.

"When the demonstration started, the number of people increased every minute to around 5,000," Bashary said. "The police did take action, but we are investigating how these casualties occurred. Were the steps and actions by police adequate or not?"

Bashary also gave reporters details of Saturday's attack on Camp Phoenix, a base on the east side of Kabul that's used to train Afghan security forces.

He said three armed insurgents wearing suicide vests arrived at a main gate at the base around 6:45 a.m. Two of the attackers opened fire and then detonated their vests of explosives, Bashary said. The third opened fire and was killed by NATO forces. The body of a fourth person, an Afghan man at the scene, has not been identified. Three NATO service members were injured.

The gate at the base was scorched from the explosions. An AP reporter at the scene saw the remains of at least one of the attackers dangling from the gate. Police officer Mohammad Shakir told the AP that two suicide bombers were clad in blue burqas, the all-encompassing coverings worn by many women in Afghanistan.

Also Saturday, NATO confirmed that coalition and Afghan security forces killed an insurgent who operated a suicide attack network in Iman Sahib district of Kunduz province in northern Afghanistan, which has seen an uptick in violence.

The coalition said the insurgent, who was killed Friday after fleeing to a ditch, orchestrated the Feb 21 suicide attack on a government office in the district, killing 29 civilians and an Afghan police officer. He also had a role in the March 10 suicide attacks in Kunduz province against Afghan security forces that killed at least 35 Afghans, including the provincial police chief, NATO said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information