Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    lol very funny

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Sorry guys but I strongly disagree with you on this one. And this is the reason why ALL THOSE WOMEN should continue wearing full burkkas.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    OMG this has to be an Indian/Pakistani woman, not an Arab

Public Enemy is offline Associate Member
    I have trouble supporting this or feeling sympathy for this decision by France. They say that the or niqab or burka is a "security threat" because a woman is hiding her face, well then, halloween should go too. I mean not only do Western countries allow a holiday where people dress up like masked killers, but they also carry toys which resemble authentic weaponry. So not only does one have to worry about what will happen when the parties start but if or if not the weapon they are carrying might a real knife.

Islam does not advocate women to cover themselves completely, but if these women want to, they should have a right to (Whatever flats their boat). Here in Bosnia some women do niqab, they certainly aren't harming anyone nor did any woman wearing niqab rob anybody or kill anyone. So really, the excuse for "security" is complete hypocrisy and failure of reasoning on France part.

And lastly, France or the West can say "Our country, our rules!" well that would be fine and okay but isn't the West enforcing their dictators and/or enforcing their style of governance in Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Jordan, Iran (1953 Iranian coup d'état), Saudi Arabia, Somalia, etc?

A little hypocritical don't you think?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy View Post
    I have trouble supporting this or feeling sympathy for this decision by France. They say that the or niqab or burka is a "security threat" because a woman is hiding her face, well then, halloween should go too. I mean not only do Western countries allow a holiday where people dress up like masked killers, but they also carry toys which resemble authentic weaponry. So not only does one have to worry about what will happen when the parties start but if or if not the weapon they are carrying might a real knife.

Islam does not advocate women to cover themselves completely, but if these women want to, they should have a right to (Whatever flats their boat). Here in Bosnia some women do niqab, they certainly aren't harming anyone nor did any woman wearing niqab rob anybody or kill anyone. So really, the excuse for "security" is complete hypocrisy and failure of reasoning on France part.

And lastly, France or the West can say "Our country, our rules!" well that would be fine and okay but isn't the West enforcing their dictators and/or enforcing their style of governance in Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Jordan, Iran (1953 Iranian coup d'état), Saudi Arabia, Somalia, etc?

Nope.

I 150% support this ban, If I remember correctly Bosnia & Kosovo civilaians begged for international intervention to stop the ethnic cleansing. (next) KSA, Iran & Somalia do their own thing and arent controlled in the slightest bit by the west. Jordan is a poor country and needs assistance, so they are our puppet (Thank you King Abdullah)

Not hypocritical in the slightest bit, this is your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    I 150% support this ban, If I remember correctly Bosnia & Kosovo civilaians begged for international intervention to stop the ethnic cleansing. (next) KSA, Iran & Somalia do their own thing and arent controlled in the slightest bit by the west. Jordan is a poor country and needs assistance, so they are our puppet (Thank you King Abdullah)

Not hypocritical in the slightest bit, this is your opinion.
    I think that you need to read up a little more on the situation and past situations in KSA (Faisal), Iran (Shah) and Somalia (On-going war).

About Bosnia, let me tell you that we did beg for intervention in 1992 (1992, not 1995) when we were unarmed and struggling to survive. The genocides were not even stopped, they were actually allowed and in some instances like the Srebrenica massacre, they were the cause of UN intervention (Read about the UN handover of Srebrenica to Serb forces). Sadly no intervention came for 3 years and it only came when Bosniak and Croat forces were actually on the brink of liberating Bosnia from Serb aggression after Operation Storm. I do not mean to hijack your thread with something so off-topic but please do not talk to me about my country when I live in it and I know absolutely every other detail about what happened in this country, thank you.

I respect your opinion, but I really do not see how people can be so obsessed with stopping women from wearing Niqab when there are much more serious issues at hand for France and for Europe. Maybe focus on some more serious issues then something so retarded and pointless? What have those women done to you to bring you harm? Absolutely nothing. I am not a big fan of Niqab but at the same time i do not give a damn what your wearing. Will this ban make me safer? Will this ban help the economy? Will it be some success that means something to me? No, it doesn't bring anything positive, it brings only social tensions which is the last thing anyone needs. I choose to mind my business and I do not celebrate because someone has just been denied to wear something. Throughout history, people just cannot seem to stop thinking that they are perfect and others
    "have to be perfected". So no, I do not support this ban because its an attempt to make people focus on issues which are irrelevant to the well being of hard working people.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Now you are just being silly comparing it to Halloween. LOL On Halloween you are NOT allowed to wear masks into banks, airports or other security critical areas. It's also one day a year compared to every day. Not a very good comparison.

So why not ban niqab in banks or airports excessively? Why stop women that are walking on the street? I remember in the streets of NYC, I used to see ppl put on a hoodie over their heads with a scarf over their mouths and nose (Completely covering faces except eyes) with nobody complaining or giving a weird eye. I did this too, most ppl I know did.

Halloween is a one-day holiday but you obviously did not live in the parts of New York City where halloween was marked as "Day of initiation" by neighborhood gangs. A couple years ago around 5 chicks were stabbed in train stations and parties. So just because its for a day, doesn't make it any less dangerous.

And what about this? lol why is this even being made?
    http://www.toxel.com/wp-content/uplo...7/hoodie12.jpg

Again, if Niqab ban will bring me work and bring me and my family well being, security, money, then great I am all down for it. Otherwise I could care less what people are wearing.

I think that you need to read up a little more on the situation and past situations in KSA (Faisal), Iran (Shah) and Somalia (On-going war).

About Bosnia, let me tell you that we did beg for intervention in 1992 (1992, not 1995) when we were unarmed and struggling to survive. The genocides were not even stopped, they were actually allowed and in some instances like the Srebrenica massacre, they were the cause of UN intervention (Read about the UN handover of Srebrenica to Serb forces). Sadly no intervention came for 3 years and it only came when Bosniak and Croat forces were actually on the brink of liberating Bosnia from Serb aggression after Operation Storm. I do not mean to hijack your thread with something so off-topic but please do not talk to me about my country when I live in it and I know absolutely every other detail about what happened in this country, thank you.

I respect your opinion, but I really do not see how people can be so obsessed with stopping women from wearing Niqab when there are much more serious issues at hand for France and for Europe. Maybe focus on some more serious issues then something so retarded and pointless? What have those women done to you to bring you harm? Absolutely nothing. I am not a big fan of Niqab but at the same time i do not give a damn what your wearing. Will this ban make me safer? Will this ban help the economy? Will it be some success that means something to me? No, it doesn't bring anything positive, it brings only social tensions which is the last thing anyone needs. I choose to mind my business and I do not celebrate because someone has just been denied to wear something. Throughout history, people just cannot seem to stop thinking that they are perfect and others
    "have to be perfected". So no, I do not support this ban because its an attempt to make people focus on issues which are irrelevant to the well being of hard working people.
    ummm your bringing the past into a current situation. King Faisal is dead RIP, the Shah are still in hiding in Boston/NYC, and Somalians are brutal animals. I told my wife if she ever got the urge to wear the niqab she better pack her shlt and move out. (she laughed and assured she would never)I do not accept it. My wifes sisters & mother all wear the niqab, but when they go out in public with me its removed or they dont go. I find it oppressive to say the least. Its merely a cultural issue not part of Islam.

SO you having said a women should be allowed to wear the niqab if she wants to right? Well why cant women wear a bikini @ the beach in Khobar, Saudi Arabia, but are forced no matter their religious preference to wear a hijab & habaya inside the country? Answer this and I will be quiet forever about this.

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    ummm your bringing the past into a current situation. King Faisal is dead RIP, the Shah are still in hiding in Boston/NYC, and Somalians are brutal animals. I told my wife if she ever got the urge to wear the niqab she better pack her shlt and move out. (she laughed and assured she would never)I do not accept it. My wifes sisters & mother all wear the niqab, but when they go out in public with me its removed or they dont go. I find it oppressive to say the least. Its merely a cultural issue not part of Islam.

SO you having said a women should be allowed to wear the niqab if she wants to right? Well why cant women wear a bikini @ the beach in Khobar, Saudi Arabia, but are forced no matter their religious preference to wear a hijab & habaya inside the country? Answer this and I will be quiet forever about this.
    Somalians are not animals, they are human being just like you and me. Please stop generalizing masses. So you do not want me to speak of the past? What was that old saying? "Learn from your history", was it? Well I am just giving you a couple examples of how hypocritical the Western world has been. The typical mindset of people nowadays is "Hey, today is today! I don't care about the past!" well actually people need to care much more about the past. Because the past is what is shaping the history of the future.

About Saudi Arabia now. KSA is the home to the Holiest Place(s) in Islam, Mecca and Medina. And Islam as you know takes a strong stand on people being modest. How would it look to walk into the Kaaba while right outside the Kaaba we have women walking around half naked (Something to be expected considering the hot weather)? It would look like a circus. Saudi Arabia is a very cultural state and people expect females to adapt to culture. Where exactly did you read that KSA enforced women to cover up with Hijab even if they are non-Muslims? My friend studied in a British-based school in KSA and all of her Non-Muslim female friends and even some Muslim friends did not wear Hijab at all. They just dressed modestly. Abaya is mandatory in KSA (Which looks actually really good on females anyways) because it covers their bodies. But Hijab or Niqab are not mandatory in KSA. Instead it is encouraged because its a part of Saudi Arabia's cultural identity. So a Non-Muslim female can walk through the streets of Riyadh or Khobar etc without a headscarf but they need to wear Abaya to look modest. I seriously do not know what is so wrong or "downgrading" about that? At least you can sit at home and know that when your wife leaves the house that she is not being molested or harassed by a bunch of street dudes because she is "letting it all hang out". For many Western people that seems to be oppressive, but to a huge majority of females living inside Saudi Arabia, they see it as being loyal to their husbands only because only their husbands have the right to see their legs, breasts, shape, etc. We need to stop being ignorant and realize that people have different cultures and principles. Its not so scary like people make it seem. So KSA not allowing women to dress in all ways can pass because of the country's various Holy sites but if someone wants to wear a Bikini and go to the beach, then Jordan, Turkey, Kuwait, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Tunisia, Morocco or various other Muslim dominated States allow that without problem.

Now I, like you, certainly do not plan on marrying a woman who wears Burka or Niqab or whatever. My girlfriend dresses modestly but she doesn't wear headscarf or anything like that, but I expect her to know where the line is drawn. That is my opinion and my choice, just like its your choice too. But again its mine and your "CHOICE". I do not believe its anyones right to tell you otherwise. The thing is that I do not see this Niqab ban issue as something important or worth praising because it has a negative affect. Why should I celebrate at the expense of a female that was denied to dress how she wants? I am very westernized and I live the Western lifestyle but I do not find the Niqab-wearing women to be any less happy then I am. They raise their kids like the uncovered Muslim and Non-Muslim girls, they have families like the uncovered Muslim and Non-Muslim girls, they smile and enjoy in friendship like the uncovered Muslim and Non-Muslim girls, etc. Its their choice and their life.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i have enjoyed reading this thread...i have not got involved out of fear of the ban hammer...this subject would get me banned immediatley...
    keep the different views rolling in fellas...

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    People wouldn`t accept me wearing a mask all the time so what's the difference. I mean on halloween I can understand but any other day of the year I don`t think so!

Somalians are not animals, they are human being just like you and me. Please stop generalizing masses. So you do not want me to speak of the past? What does Somalia & Bosnia have to do with the Niqab Ban?
    What was that old saying? "Learn from your history", was it? Well I am just giving you a couple examples of how hypocritical the Western world has been. The typical mindset of people nowadays is "Hey, today is today! I don't care about the past!" well actually people need to care much more about the past. Because the past is what is shaping the history of the future.

About Saudi Arabia now. KSA is the home to the Holiest Place(s) in Islam, Mecca and Medina. And Islam as you know takes a strong stand on people being modest. How would it look to walk into the Kaaba while right outside the Kaaba we have women walking around half naked If you as a man have ever been to Omra or Hajj you are naked to a point(Something to be expected considering the hot weather)? It would look like a circus. Saudi Arabia is a very cultural state and people expect females to adapt to culture. Where exactly did you read that KSA enforced women to cover up with Hijab even if they are non-Muslims? Well I didnt read that, My wife is Saudi...My friend studied in a British-based school in KSA and all of her Non-Muslim female friends and even some Muslim friends did not wear Hijab at all. Usually the wear of the Hijab comes after the girl has her period!!!They just dressed modestly. Abaya is mandatory in KSA (Which looks actually really good on females anyways) because it covers their bodies. But Hijab or Niqab are not mandatory in KSA. Instead it is encouraged because its a part of Saudi Arabia's cultural identity. So a Non-Muslim female can walk through the streets of Riyadh or Khobar etc without a headscarf yeah I think you are confused but they need to wear Abaya to look modest. I seriously do not know what is so wrong or "downgrading" about that? At least you can sit at home and know that when your wife leaves the house that she is not being molested or harassed by a bunch of street dudes because she is "letting it all hang out". For many Western people that seems to be oppressive, but to a huge majority of females living inside Saudi Arabia, they see it as being loyal to their husbands only because only their husbands have the right to see their legs, breasts, shape, etc. My wife has 16 sisters and they all hate to wear the Abaya so what are you talking about? We need to stop being ignorant and realize that people have different cultures and principles. Exactly French culture doesnt include the niqab!! Its not so scary like people make it seem. So KSA not allowing women to dress in all ways can pass because of the country's various Holy sites but if someone wants to wear a Bikini and go to the beach, then Jordan, Turkey, Kuwait, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Tunisia, Morocco or various other Muslim dominated States allow that without problem.

Now I, like you, certainly do not plan on marrying a woman who wears Burka or Niqab or whatever. My girlfriend dresses modestly but she doesn't wear headscarf or anything like that, but I expect her to know where the line is drawn. That is my opinion and my choice, just like its your choice too. But again its mine and your "CHOICE". I do not believe its anyones right to tell you otherwise. The thing is that I do not see this Niqab ban issue as something important or worth praising because it has a negative affect. Why should I celebrate at the expense of a female that was denied to dress how she wants? Bro I dont know a single woman that enjoys to wear the niqab!! I am very westernized and I live the Western lifestyle but I do not find the Niqab-wearing women to be any less happy then I am. They raise their kids like the uncovered Muslim and Non-Muslim girls, they have families like the uncovered Muslim and Non-Muslim girls, they smile and enjoy in friendship like the uncovered Muslim and Non-Muslim girls, etc. Its their choice and their life.
    OK see bold

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    i have enjoyed reading this thread...i have not got involved out of fear of the ban hammer...this subject would get me banned immediatley...
    keep the different views rolling in fellas...
    Say whats on your mind, just dont bash a religion. This is a discussion about France's ban on the wear of the niqab

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    People wouldn`t accept me wearing a mask all the time so what's the difference. I mean on halloween I can understand but any other day of the year I don`t think so!
    If you were to wear a mask all day, people or police would ask you to remove it. But the niqab as you say does essentially the same thing (hides your face) and nothing is said to them. Hell In Kuwait they give them drivers license's WTF. its like a donkey driving with blinders on their head. Very Wreckless IMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information