Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Depression...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SufferToReturnHarder View Post
    Well, this is going to make me sound like a pvssy crybaby. But, all my life I just never felt good enough. I was always wicked good at sports, but never number one..After highschool I got out of shape, started drinking a lot. One day my buddy was like, "you are really gaining weight fast" and it made me realize i was getting fat. I fvcking hate the idea of ever being fat. Started running a lot, running turned to lifting, lifting turned to lifting heavy, and that turned into a lifestyle for me. But i started later than a lot of my friends, so they still have more size then me, and I hate that. a lot. I hate not being number one. Absolutely cannot stand it haha. Plus, im 5'6, pretty short. So if I can't grow any taller, I'm going to grow wider..But, its just never good enough for me. Even when I reach my weight goals, never enough. And now im bulking so hard, my tummy fat is gaining, and that drives me nuts. Hate when my abs become faded. Just never good enough.
    You know mate, one of these years I will need to get knee replacements. I'm 6'. Now I know I could also have leg extensions put in at the same time, like 3".

What do you think? Or would that look dorky like I'm on stilts? =)

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    You know mate, one of these years I will need to get knee replacements. I'm 6'. Now I know I could also have leg extensions put in at the same time, like 3".

What do you think? Or would that look dorky like I'm on stilts? =)
    Go with the 12" & then change ur diet & cycles 2 MASsIVE BULKING for a yr or 2 & become a giant Norwegian viking!!

qal92 is offline Senior Member
    just reading on this damn forum perks my day up, fvck cardio

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    Though this thread is old, it is still helpful as there are many people who experience depression from time to time. Thanks for sharing your Some people think that they have depression when they just feel tired and exhausted. I was in such situation, but a trip to another country helped me to rest and gain strength. Of course, unfortunately, there are people who really suffer from depression, but it can be diagnosed only by a doctor. I want to add that it is important not to take any pills without prescription as such medications can have various side effects. Also you can read the info about them online (I usually use canadapharmacy.com). Be careful and take care of yourself!
    Last edited by Frank777; 11-25-2019 at 07:29 AM.

sv.elia is offline Thinkin' Bold
    Oki, since we revived this old thread:

Personally I define depression as simply as a state of having low levels of energy. And I do something to up my levels. That can be optimizing different tabiets (poor diet or sleep schedule), removing people that draw energy (toxic, discouraging ones) or simply taking some free time to do things that I really love.
    Last edited by sv.elia; 11-24-2019 at 11:28 AM.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

AKK47 is offline New Member
    I noticed my energy level is very much affected by sugar, it's all over the place.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sv.elia View Post
    Oki, since we revived this old thread:

Personally I define depression as simply as a state of having low levels of energy. And I do something to up my levels. That can be optimizing different tabiets (poor diet or sleep schedule), removing people that draw energy (toxic, discouraging ones) or simply taking some free time to do things that I really love.
    I wish it were quite that simple for me. “Clinically depressed” sometimes is a bear to crawl out of. Just had a 5 month spell that beat the crap out of me. Just recently snapped out of it for no apparent reason, but SO happy I did.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Opposite begavior to what you feel couteracts depression like no drug on earth.

Want to be alone and are so messed up you cant leave the house?

Go find a crowd and make someone feel good about themself.

Feel like sitting?
    Take off running.

I have punished myself out of depression and iron was key.

Drugs, alcohol, and most antidepressant prescription medication masks the true issue, in my opinion.

Modern psychology looks at chemical imbalances in a backwards fashion when most of the time the imbalance is a direct offset of a thought process, managable via a change in process and lifestyle.

Degenerative behavior leads to degenerative chemical balance.

Contrary to poular psychology, the hypothalamus and the way the brain percieves the human experience creates most of the chemical balance in the body and even the brain itself.

I.e. some people go to war and never see a firefight yet acquire "ptsd."

Others go to war and see multiple firefights and come back smiling like Mr. Rogers changing shoes.

I know a two time purple heart recipient Army ranger, that was in the thick of three tours in afghanistan.
    He now mentors vets with ptsd and said, "No meds will help. It's all a mindset."

He is a thoroughly happy man and I admire him a lot.
    His story is one very few would have survived,let alone be a happy man.

Most will never know just how powerful their thoughts are.

There is no such thing as normal.
    Psychology bases its "healthy mind" parameters off of some limp wristed, genderless, go with the flow, type of ideology.

We are much more complex than what psychology makes us out to be.

Acting on some decisions took away my depression.
    It is a full time job to tend these things.

#1 I will not lose, you will have to kill me first.
    #2 I will not be idle.
    #3 I will make progress at all times.
    #4 I will shun all pity and help others that need it.

I have no great key to life as a flawed as can be individual and I won't even say it creats anything of a mindset a doctor would call healthy.

You best have goals and dreams.
    Thats what the iron gave me.
    If you lose sight of your dreams then I assure you, depression will smack the shit out of you and that degenerative mindset will take you deeper and deeper until you have a .45 at your brainstem.

A happy fufilled life is making acceptance with the fact that you will never be fufilled. For most happy folk it leads to idgaf mentality.

For the driven man it leads to shoving harder and harder and learning to love the fight.

I wont ever be satisfied. I will just keep pushing harder though. I have lost it all. The worst the world can do is kill me and all you fuckers are gonna be taking a dirt nap right alongside me in the blink of an eye.

Ernest Hemingway had the recipe for the appreciation of life. He never applied it and fell into alcohol as a crutch. Finally ending his own life.

https://www.crfashionbook.com/celebr...est-hemingway/

Just read some of his quotes.
    Nearly all of them apply directly.

I will add one that he might have said.

"Knowing what you need to do for yourself and actually doing it, are entirely different things."
    Last edited by Obs; 11-30-2019 at 08:56 PM.
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Obs
    Btw, there is very little money in helping people understand that they can fix their mental issues via thought process and lifestyle.

This is why psychology works in a backwards treatment fashion of treating chemical imbalance by chemically altering thought process, rather than seeking the source.

Thoughts are free, pharmaceuticals are expensive.

If you ever wonder why a system is the way it is, just remember... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    I think it’s an easy thing to fall into this time of year. The days are short, gray, and cold.

The holidays remind us of better times, and everyone who isn’t with us anymore.

OBS advice is solid. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. The storm always breaks, even though it feels like it never will when you’re stuck in the middle of it.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    I think it’s an easy thing to fall into this time of year. The days are short, gray, and cold.

The holidays remind us of better times, and everyone who isn’t with us anymore.

OBS advice is solid. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. The storm always breaks, even though it feels like it never will when you’re stuck in the middle of it.
    It breaks faster if you kick it in the face until its eyes swell shut and one hangs out.

Like Negan and Glen...
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Point is, it exists & it sucks. Some folks have it, some don’t. All great approaches up there and to each his own, whatever gets the job done. I’m just happier when it ain’t around, lol.
    Obs likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    I often times find that depression follows boredom. even if you are busy, but you become bored with what your doing, depression can follow.
    when your busy doing things your passionate about and your kicking ass at things and conquering or at least pursuing your goals with zeal , depression rarely has an opportunity to set in.

if we have the choice to do shit we are passionate about, we should pursue that daily because we may not always have that opportunity.
    of course sometimes we don't have a choice.
    when I was bed ridden for a year I had no choice but to lay there. I couldn't get up to take a piss and had to piss in a bed side container. let alone get up and kick ass in this world.
    but now that I'm better and physically capable, I should take advantage of the day to day opportunities to pursue and conquer my goals.
    staying busy with your passions will keep depression at bay
    Obs and diesel101 like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I often times find that depression follows boredom. even if you are busy, but you become bored with what your doing, depression can follow.
    when your busy doing things your passionate about and your kicking ass at things and conquering or at least pursuing your goals with zeal , depression rarely has an opportunity to set in.

if we have the choice to do shit we are passionate about, we should pursue that daily because we may not always have that opportunity.
    of course sometimes we don't have a choice.
    when I was bed ridden for a year I had no choice but to lay there. I couldn't get up to take a piss and had to piss in a bed side container. let alone get up and kick ass in this world.
    but now that I'm better and physically capable, I should take advantage of the day to day opportunities to pursue and conquer my goals.
    staying busy with your passions will keep depression at bay
    Heck yeah man.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    GH is right boredom will definitely open the door to depression. Due to alot of personal reasons I have basically shut down socially and emotionally this last 9 months. The gym and work are pretty much the only 2 places that I dont feel bored,angry and resentful. As GH mentioned if you keep trying to kick ass it'll keep my mind somewhat squared away.
    Proximal and Obs like this.

AmeliaR is offline New Member
    Hi,
    Getting support plays an essential role in overcoming depression. On your own, it can be difficult to maintain a healthy perspective and sustain the effort required to beat depression. At the same time, the very nature of depression makes it difficult to reach out for help. When you’re depressed, the tendency is to withdraw and isolate so that connecting to even close family members and friends can be tough.

You may feel too exhausted to talk, ashamed at your situation, or guilty for neglecting certain relationships. But this is just the depression talking. Staying connected to other people and taking part in social activities will make a world of difference in your mood and outlook. Reaching out is not a sign of weakness and it won’t mean you’re a burden to others. Your loved ones care about you and want to help. And if you don’t feel that you have anyone to turn to, it’s never too late to build new friendships and improve your support network.

jiofi.local.htmltplinkloginis it down
    Last edited by AmeliaR; 12-21-2019 at 10:22 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information