A little back round. I recently joined a new gym. Its very small. We are talking a few trainers, 15-20 cardio machines, 2 benches, a cross fit room, and a spin room. So its pretty tight quarters. Im not very social, but I try to be friendly and avoid looking like a dick.

Things have been pretty good there so far. I have a few guys I say hello to and can ask for a spot if needed.

Anyway, a few years ago I had a nasty habit of not walking away from altercations. I got a few ugly fights at a bar in town roughly 2 years ago. Anyway the owner of this one bar gave me a life time ban. I haven't see this guy since he banned me- until today. I walked into the gym and he was chatting with his personal trainer. He stopped looked twice at me. As Im working out he walks into the free weight area takes a good look at me and walks off. 5 minutes later 3-4 of the trainers left the front desk to come take a look at me. And during his training session I could tell he was talking about me based on their body language.

I know for sure this guy just poisoned the well as far as my reputation. I know a bad reputation can spread like wild fire- and you never know how far it will go.

Im tempted to call this guy out next time I catch him one on one in the locker room. I wasn't going to get into anything aggressive. My idea was to say " Hey man- why dont we do each other a favor and leave the past where it is- no need to tell stories" ....

Any input guys?