Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sorry Haz. I had to get in on it. I was feeling left out, and I'm struggling to fit in with the popular kids. lol

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    u suck..... all of you suck.....

~Haz~
    Lmao....

JuicyJ is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade
    Listen Razr. I sell all these beds. Don't waste your Money. The mark up on Tempur Pedic is so stupid, and sleep number is a joke. Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of Memory Foam Mattresses (the all foam ones, not the memory foam on coils ones). I've been sleeping on a Knock-Off Memory Foam Mattress for 5 years and the comfort/feel hasn't changed a bit.
    Couldn't agree with this more. I bought
    an (all foam) memory foam and it is awesome. I bought a very firm one though. Ever since working construction for years my back was thrashed but this mattress was a great investment. Im not sure how much you weigh but a firm memory foam might not be a good idea unless you are 200lbs+. I'm 220
    And find that it's perfect but some girls who have spent the night have felt like they float on it (no 200lbs+ girls have spent the night haha)

I find that the position that I sleep in really makes a huge difference in how I feel when I wake up.

Coolhand5599 is offline Member
    I have had both. My wife and I prefer the temper

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You guys who like the memory foam mattresses any certain brand? How thick?

I'm reading a lot of good reviews on the Novaform Gel Memory Foam from Costco.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 03-14-2012 at 03:43 AM.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts

I'm interested in this as well.. What are some good brand beds to look for Slf?

I'm in the market for a good bed, been lookin at both beds mentioned above but don't know much about em except they cost alot. I'm suprised to hear soo many ppl dislike them.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    I have sleep # and am not overly impressed either. I dont hate it, I just feel that for the money spent. ( about 3g's) it would have made me sleep better than I do. The only real plus I see to having the sleep # bed is the fact that you are able to adjust the firmness level to change it up when you feel like your bed sucks and you "need" a new bed. Then you just take it back to 0 and find the number that is comfortable. I only do this every few months, not every night.
    If I had it to do over I prolly would not buy the sleep # just because the inflated price doesnt = the better sleep.

JuicyJ is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts

The memory foam is only 3 or 4 inches thick on all memory foam mattresses I think, then the rest is either another type of foam or coils. I'm not sure what brand I have

As far as brands go....Well, As I mentioned earlier I don't buy Brand Name for myself. The quality isn't any better and you're paying for the name. I've looked at the costco ones, but I wasn't impressed even though I'm a huge fan of costco.

If I were to go brand name I would look into the Simmons Comforpedic line of memory foam. They have their "dual air flow" technology and "cool foam" which will keep you from getting hot. They also have a "loft" collection which is good value for the price, but in my opinion isn't quite as good as the comforpedic.

Sealy also has their line of memory faom called "True Form". I hate regular Sealy Mattresses due to a stupid amount of warranty issues and returns, but their Memory Foam mattresses are really good.

Iron Man makes a really good memory foam as well for a great price. If you go that route try to get one of the models that's half memory foam and half latex. It's a really solid bed at a great price.

One thing I might note. Memory Foam works by reacting to your bodyheat. As your body temperature heats up the foam, the foam molds to your body. A lot of people will put these thick mattress protectors on their beds. This isn't the way to go in my opinion as it never really contours to your body. I just use a sheet and don't worry about it. For those of you that sweat a lot or who start a tren cycle...I would buy the thinnest water proof mattress protector you could find and just go with that.

Also. If you wanta save some more money....don't buy the matching box spring/foundation. These companies are making a killing by charging 400.00-1000.00 for a piece of damn wood with cardboard on top of it. It's stupid!!! Buy some no name foundation for 100.00. It'll work just as well. Unfortunately, this will void your warranty, but IMO warranties are useless after the first year anyway because the manufacturer WILL find a way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJ View Post
    The memory foam is only 3 or 4 inches thick on all memory foam mattresses I think, then the rest is either another type of foam or coils. I'm not sure what brand I have
    That's correct, and there's different density's of the foam as well. I recommend as least a 4lb density for memory foam. 5.3lb is pretty common.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade
    As far as brands go....Well, As I mentioned earlier I don't buy Brand Name for myself. The quality isn't any better and you're paying for the name. I've looked at the costco ones, but I wasn't impressed even though I'm a huge fan of costco.

If I were to go brand name I would look into the Simmons Comforpedic line of memory foam. They have their "dual air flow" technology and "cool foam" which will keep you from getting hot. They also have a "loft" collection which is good value for the price, but in my opinion isn't quite as good as the comforpedic.

Sealy also has their line of memory faom called "True Form". I hate regular Sealy Mattresses due to a stupid amount of warranty issues and returns, but their Memory Foam mattresses are really good.

Iron Man makes a really good memory foam as well for a great price. If you go that route try to get one of the models that's half memory foam and half latex. It's a really solid bed at a great price.

One thing I might note. Memory Foam works by reacting to your bodyheat. As your body temperature heats up the foam, the foam molds to your body. A lot of people will put these thick mattress protectors on their beds. This isn't the way to go in my opinion as it never really contours to your body. I just use a sheet and don't worry about it. For those of you that sweat a lot or who start a tren cycle...I would buy the thinnest water proof mattress protector you could find and just go with that.

Also. If you wanta save some more money....don't buy the matching box spring/foundation. These companies are making a killing by charging 400.00-1000.00 for a piece of damn wood with cardboard on top of it. It's stupid!!! Buy some no name foundation for 100.00. It'll work just as well. Unfortunately, this will void your warranty, but IMO warranties are useless after the first year anyway because the manufacturer WILL find a way out of it.
    Thanks for all the great info bud. I appreciate it

hearnrumors is offline New Member
    I got a high-quality, non-name-brand memory foam mattress that's firm on my side and plush on the gf's side.

Almost got stuck with one of those sleep numbers... thank god we found this instead... million times better

Quote Originally Posted by hearnrumors View Post
    I got a high-quality, non-name-brand memory foam mattress that's firm on my side and plush on the gf's side.

Almost got stuck with one of those sleep numbers... thank god we found this instead... million times better
    Yeah...several companies have done that. I used to sell a brand named "dormia" that sold those. Interesting concept but for whatever reason they never sell really well.

Razor is offline Banned
    SLFMADE need to go from "productive member" to "the mattress king"

Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    SLFMADE need to go from "productive member" to "the mattress king"
    I'll pass

Razor is offline Banned
    what about "sandman" or "sleep doctor" ?? lmao

what about "sandman" or "sleep doctor" ?? lmao
    Nope...How about "Razr's Daddy"???? hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Razor is offline Banned
    If brown girl can be my mom and will you buy me stuff?

If brown girl can be my mom and will you buy me stuff?
    No...You're too old and I'm too cheap!!! lol

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    LMFAO Mr. Sandman it is when he reaches 3000 posts..... just remind us and I'll lobby for it haha

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    No...You're too old and I'm too cheap!!! lol
    At least buy me a mattress dammit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    LMFAO Mr. Sandman it is when he reaches 3000 posts..... just remind us and I'll lobby for it haha

~Haz~
    I knew one would stick..will do sir

~Haz~
    You sir just earned yourself another DSM joke. lololololololol

I'll only except it if admin figures out a way to have "enter sandman" play everytime somebody scrolls past my post!

You sir just earned yourself another DSM joke. lololololololol

I'll only except it if admin figures out a way to have "enter sandman" play everytime somebody scrolls past my post!
    You earned the title with those DSM jokes..... becareful.... I might convince the admin to play the chordettes everytime someone schrolls over ur post lol.

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

You earned the title with those DSM jokes..... becareful.... I might convince the admin to play the chordettes everytime someone schrolls over ur post lol.

~Haz~
    Well in that case..............Is it too late to kiss ass????? lol

Come up with a funnier title for Razr and his head is on the block.... bahahaha

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Come up with a funnier title for Razr and his head is on the block.... bahahaha

~Haz~
    Hummm....How about "Ar's Ding Dong" or "Ar's Jane Austin"

Give me a day...I'll come up with something classic!!!

Razor is offline Banned
    Hummm....How about "Ar's Ding Dong" or "Ar's Jane Austin"

Give me a day...I'll come up with something classic!!!
    I already got a title, you cant touch this son

I don't know. I've already got one vote for "AR's Jane Austen"

I mean your relationship threads read like something from a Jane Austen movie/book!

Yea yea..... and we can't make you pink either

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Razor is offline Banned
    I don't know. I've already got one vote for "AR's Jane Austen"

I mean your relationship threads read like something from a Jane Austen movie/book!
    I dunno, id give you props if i thought it was good. I dont like it..come up with something better

Yea yea..... and we can't make you pink either

~Haz~
    Tried and failed

Oh Oh. I got it.

Dukkit's 2nd in command!!!

Razor is offline Banned
    Oh Oh. I got it.

Dukkit's 2nd in command!!!
    Ok I like that one! hahahhahaha

OK back on subject.... lol

Everyone should take the advice by Slfmade of getting a water proof mattress protector. You can get them at Walmart for about $15 and it beats having to worry about spilling something on the bed and ruining/staining a $$$ mattress or if that wet spot will seep through. lol

I would still like more information/opinions about the memory foam mattresses, not the toppers but the full mattress.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    OK back on subject.... lol

Everyone should take the advice by Slfmade of getting a water proof mattress protector. You can get them at Walmart for about $15 and it beats having to worry about spilling something on the bed and ruining/staining a $$$ mattress or if that wet spot will seep through. lol

I would still like more information/opinions about the memory foam mattresses, not the toppers but the full mattress.
    They suck.....

NEXT

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Memory foam mattresses suck, still got one, can't give the damn thing away, they're hot, trying to take a poke at the ol lady on one of those things is ridiculously difficult, it's like you cant move, I was warned by my chiro that he had seen many people who had them show up a few months later with weird hip and low back pains typically people who sleep on their sides......he was right. Tried the sleep number too.......fail. Simmons makes a good pillow top foam mattress that is very comfy.

I didnt mean the straight memory foam but like slfmade and others were talking about layered foam.

What about the natural latex mattress?

It seems slfmade like the memory foam mattress and he has dealt with a lot of different types due to his business.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I didnt mean the straight memory foam but like slfmade and others were talking about layered foam.

What about the natural latex mattress?

It seems slfmade like the memory foam mattress and he has dealt with a lot of different types due to his business.
    All beds suck..... sleep on a rock.

NEXT lol

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Razor is offline Banned
    All beds suck..... sleep on a rock.

NEXT lol

~Haz~
    All beds suck unless your in the girls that brought you home for the night

LOL, yeah I sleep on the floor when my back starts getting bad but it sucks after a day or two.

I'm a back sleeper, I cant sleep on my stomach or side; especially with the bad shoulder. I had to sleep on my stomach for 3 months due to my eye surgery. I had to keep face down at the ground 24/7 for 3 months. I slept on a massage table with my face in the hole looking at the ground. Yeah that sucked.

Razor is offline Banned
    Well turns out I have a pretty damn good bed.
    http://www.comfortpedicmattress.com/index.php

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information