Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

It's because you ugly...Bich!

Miss Universe Canada Disqualifies Transsexual Contestant: She was Born a Boy

http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/miss-u...192000420.html

Miss Universe Canada officials have banned 23-year-old transsexual Jenna Talackova from participating in the pageant finals to be held in Toronto in May, 2012. The Vancouver contestant was one of sixty-five women chosen to compete in the national contest (which is owned by Donald Trump). The Daily Mail Reports that Denis Davila, national director of Miss Universe Canada, asserts that every contestant must be a "naturally born female." Critics of the decision claim that the rules do not specifically address sex change or plastic surgery.

Related: Should the United States Ban Child Pageants?

The statuesque blonde Talackova is calling it a human rights issue. She says that she knew she was a girl by age four, started hormone therapy at fourteen, and had sex reassignment surgery at nineteen. She's previously competed in both transsexual and women's beauty pageants. "All I can say is that they disqualified me because I'm not 'natural born,' she told the National Post. "[That] doesn't make sense because since I was conscious, I always felt this way."

After being kicked out of the pageant, Talackova, whose twitter account has since been locked, tweeted, "I'm disqualified, however I'm not giving up. I'm not going to just let them disqualify me over discrimination." Online support for the beauty queen is growing. So far, over twenty-one thousand people have signed a petition demanding she be allowed to compete. It reads, "She is a woman and deserves to be treated as any other woman would be."

Talackova, who says she is not doing interviews until she consults a lawyer, describes herself as, "a woman with a past."

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Mr. Talackov is still a man. You're born who you are and you can't change it. Feeling like you're a "woman" inside doesn't cut it. In fact, despite what the PC psychological community says, it's a mental illness. Rather than humouring them, they should be trying to treat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Mr. Talackov is still a man. You're born who you are and you can't change it. Feeling like you're a "woman" inside doesn't cut it. In fact, despite what the PC psychological community says, it's a mental illness. Rather than humouring them, they should be trying to treat them.
    disagree. i don't think there is anything to treat. My heterosexuality is who i am. if i lived in a society where male on male was the norm, and people looked down their nose at me for being a deviation from that, what in the hell do you think you can do to me (or "treat" me) so that now all of a sudden i am attracted to males?

life is too complicated to say that this person must be this way and this person must be that way.

having said all that, I do agree that a genetic male should not be competing with genetic females. No matter what you cut off, augment, and hormonally infuse, this genetic male is still technically and biologically a male. Out of courtesey and respect, I may call him a woman.

there was an old joke i heard a lifetime ago, and it goes something like this

if you call a tale a leg, how many legs does a dog have?

answer: 4
    calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    disagree. i don't think there is anything to treat. My heterosexuality is who i am. if i lived in a society where male on male was the norm, and people looked down their nose at me for being a deviation from that, what in the hell do you think you can do to me (or "treat" me) so that now all of a sudden i am attracted to males?

life is too complicated to say that this person must be this way and this person must be that way.

having said all that, I do agree that a genetic male should not be competing with genetic females. No matter what you cut off, augment, and hormonally infuse, this genetic male is still technically and biologically a male. Out of courtesey and respect, I may call him a woman.

there was an old joke i heard a lifetime ago, and it goes something like this

if you call a tale a leg, how many legs does a dog have?

answer: 4
    calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one
    This had nothing to do with homosexuality. At least that wasn't the scope of what I was commenting on. I was commenting on the fact that these people are men. It doesn't matter what they do to the outside of their body, or what hormones they take, they're still men. The psychologists should be helping them by treating their identity disorder and accepting themselves for what they are rather than telling them they should go ahead and hack apart one of their appendages and pretending to be somebody they're not.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Wat the hell is going on up there? Use to be a nice place

This had nothing to do with homosexuality. At least that wasn't the scope of what I was commenting on. I was commenting on the fact that these people are men. It doesn't matter what they do to the outside of their body, or what hormones they take, they're still men. The psychologists should be helping them by treating their identity disorder and accepting themselves for what they are rather than telling them they should go ahead and hack apart one of their appendages and pretending to be somebody they're not.
    My point is, as these are two similar conditions, is that your sexuality, whether it is what gender attracts you or what gender you see yourself (regardless of your current gender), is probably not something that occurs to you by simply waking up one day. People that feel trapped in the wrong gender will argue, as do people that are attracted to the same gender, they will argue that this is NOT a consciuos decision. In fact, I've known a few that will agree it would make life much easier if they did NOT feel as they did. And because of this, their orientation/gender causes them much grief in life.

and then i went on to say that I feel it highly doubtful you can re-educate someone into being attracted by the opposite gender, OR being happy with their current gender if they feel their physical body does not express who they really are inside.

I may not agree with certain lifestyle choices, but i also refuse to deny someone their desire to persue what makes them happy or feel complete.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Mr. Talackov is still a man. You're born who you are and you can't change it. Feeling like you're a "woman" inside doesn't cut .it. In fact, despite what the PC psychological community says, it's a mental illness. Rather than humouring them, they should be trying to treat them.
    Well said! and I have to disagree with you Times. Being attracted to the same sex and wanting to change your gender are 2 completely different things. Honkey is not making the argument about being homosexual he is making the argument about trying to reassign your gender.

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    But wait if you were born a female and tell doctors that you are really a man on the inside and want to make your appearance reflect your inner self you can get a prescription for Test, but if I'm a little guy and i tell doctors I'm really a big guy on the inside and i want to start taking Test to make my outward appearance reflect how i feel on the inside I'll get no more than a laugh and higher insurance premiums. WTF

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Archy View Post
    But wait if you were born a female and tell doctors that you are really a man on the inside and want to make your appearance reflect your inner self you can get a prescription for Test, but if I'm a little guy and i tell doctors I'm really a big guy on the inside and i want to start taking Test to make my outward appearance reflect how i feel on the inside I'll get no more than a laugh and higher insurance premiums. WTF
    ha lol

A female can take as much test as she wants, she might change the way she looks, but she'll always be a woman. Just because you changed your appearance so that everybody thinks you're male, it doesn't make you one.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    this is.. insta classic.. lol

the one comment i'd like to make to my comment in frame #11. if someone wants a transgender operation, then go for it. but also be prepared to pay for it. insurance shouldn't pay for it as it is expensive and doesn't do anything to promote health (quite the opposite actually). health insurance really should be for staying healthy.

i look at transgender operations like a boob job. purely elective, and purely cosmetic

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I feel like I'm a lion,, so if i grow the main, get tatoo's and cut my face up and have teeth/claws implanted because i feel i've always been a lion.. does that make me a lion??

http://www.oddee.com/item_96602.aspx

check out cat man
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information