awms is offline Senior Member

Following my gf to another city now I need a job!

My gf of 3 years who I live with just finished college and was accepted into her dream program at a university 2 hours from were we currently live...being the supportive bf that I am I said go for it! at first we were just going to have a "long distance relationship" but after a lot of thought I have decided to move with her...the only problem is I have no job in the city! Im a strength and conditioning coach/personal trainer and own my own business but I will have to kiss that all goodbye since i have zero connections in this new city. Although I really like the city we are moving to (I like it better than where we currently live) I am a little nervous to just pick up and go to a new city...any one eles ever experienced anything like this?
    Last edited by awms; 04-03-2012 at 10:29 AM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i've moved alot. but i always had a job lined up. Can you financially afford to not work for a while?
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i did it and don't regret a thing. i changed careers and states back in august from medical to oil and gas, and have not looked back since! if she can support the two of yall for a while, then why not go for it. do you see yourself with this girl for the long haul? i think that should be one question to ask yourself

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Change is good and will help you in the long run. For now do the same thing MOST girls would do; milk it and leach off of her for a while. LOL

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    yea, it will take time to rebuild a client base, but will be much easier for you this 2nd time.. and besides, she can always take a school loan to support you guys..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i've moved alot. but i always had a job lined up. Can you financially afford to not work for a while?
    Nope lol I need cash! I do well but I have bills to pay like anyone so Im prob going to take a second job for the next 5-6 months and put that money aside so I have some money banked for rent, food ect...I will prob get a job as a trainer at a local gym in the new city which is a step back from what I am doing now (I charge $60-70 an hour) but I should be able to get 8-12 new clients in the first few months I am there. We are planing on renting something small and cheap so rent should not be more than $400 a month each...I figure If I can have 5-6 grand put away for rent and food I will be fine but Im a little nervous going to a new city! Im very good at what I do! actually I will be cocky and say I'm an extremely knowledgeable and I am an amazing trainer! lol so finding a personal training job making 25 dollars plus an hour should not be a problem...but im worried about getting client since I dont know anyone in this new city.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    i did it and don't regret a thing. i changed careers and states back in august from medical to oil and gas, and have not looked back since! if she can support the two of yall for a while, then why not go for it. do you see yourself with this girl for the long haul? i think that should be one question to ask yourself
    Oh yeah man I want to marry this girl! She beautiful, super smart!, athletic, she genuinely loves me, and she is one of the hardest working girls I know! works 20-30 hours a week while studying to be a child psychologist! we will have a shit load of debt and she prob will be like 32 when she is done but hopefully it all pays off! she came from a "poor" family and dropped out of high school when she was 16 to work...she has worked her ass off to get were she is! Im proud as hell and I want her to have her dream job and be happy!

The way I see it. We are both still very young (Im 25 and she is 22) and although I just started a business here that is starting to take off I am young and the perfect age really to set my self up in a new city. I would hate to make this decision at 40 with a couple kids and a house! that would be much harder! we are at a point in our lives were we can take risks and we can be kind of selfish since we have no kids....living in a one bedroom apartment is still fun to us haha were as if we has a couple kids it might not be.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    Oh yeah man I want to marry this girl! She beautiful, super smart!, athletic, she genuinely loves me, and she is one of the hardest working girls I know! works 20-30 hours a week while studying to be a child psychologist! we will have a shit load of debt and she prob will be like 32 when she is done but hopefully it all pays off! she came from a "poor" family and dropped out of high school when she was 16 to work...she has worked her ass off to get were she is! Im proud as hell and I want her to have her dream job and be happy!
    sounds somewhat familiar. Lol, anyway CONGRATS on the decision!
    after me grad we are moving cross country to be closer to Tigers family. He will be deployed while I move there ALONE *gulp* so I can relate to your anxiety some, keeping your eye on the big picture and pre planning helps me stay focused on the positives, I’m sure it would help you too

best of luck !

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    sounds somewhat familiar. Lol, anyway CONGRATS on the decision!
    after me grad we are moving cross country to be closer to Tigers family. He will be deployed while I move there ALONE *gulp* so I can relate to your anxiety some, keeping your eye on the big picture and pre planning helps me stay focused on the positives, I’m sure it would help you too

best of luck !
    Yup the crazy shitt love makes you do lol

congrats my man! hard working woman is hard to find!

The way I see it. We are both still very young (Im 25 and she is 22) and although I just started a business here that is starting to take off I am young and the perfect age really to set my self up in a new city. I would hate to make this decision at 40 with a couple kids and a house! that would be much harder! we are at a point in our lives were we can take risks and we can be kind of selfish since we have no kids....living in a one bedroom apartment is still fun to us haha were as if we has a couple kids it might not be.
    i moved at 29 last year man and when i was 25, never would have thought about doing it. its not an easy decision but do what yall feel is best for both (both as in a couple and as individuals)

Its kind of exciting in that Its like a fresh start.

Its kind of exciting in that Its like a fresh start.
    that's exactly what it is and it feels great! only thing i miss is moving far from family and friends, only downfall

yeah I will be moving away from all my family! and I am very close with my parents I go to them for all my important life decisions...ironically we will be close to her family lol Up until this year I was relient to some extent on my parent as most 20 something year olds are when they are starting out in the world but when I move I will have no support system what so ever! I think the scary thing is that although Im supporting my self now I know if it came crashing down I could call my parents and they would be there to help me out....once I move I wont have that and its kinda freaking me out lol but that part of growing up I guess.

At my age my dad had a 2 year old and another kid on the way lol

yeah I will be moving away from all my family! and I am very close with my parents I go to them for all my important life decisions...ironically we will be close to her family lol Up until this year I was relient to some extent on my parent as most 20 something year olds are when they are starting out in the world but when I move I will have no support system what so ever! I think the scary thing is that although Im supporting my self now I know if it came crashing down I could call my parents and they would be there to help me out....once I move I wont have that and its kinda freaking me out lol but that part of growing up I guess.

At my age my dad had a 2 year old and another kid on the way lol
    your parents will always be there for you. They are just a phone call away. I havent lived near mine in years but if i need something or need to talk the still answer the phone

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    throw some ads out in the newspaper, cragistlist. Make some connections at the gym and you will be gtg. Good luck with the move.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good luck Bro.I did it a few times myself.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    your parents will always be there for you. They are just a phone call away. I havent lived near mine in years but if i need something or need to talk the still answer the phone
    Just a simple regular phonecall to chew the shit is a big thing when you're far away from home.

yeah man there is nothing like a good talk with my mom when Im feeling like shit! That women gives me the best advice! both my parents in business and both managers so they give me alot of solid advice and guidance while trying to run my business.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Best field on the planet isnt it?

I left the Military in the US and joined an IOC (Oil & Gas) company in the Middle East. Huge change, but great reward. moving will give you a new ensight into what you had and what you will gain. Most likely your decision to move to support your GF will be more beneficial to you than not.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    I left the Military in the US and joined an IOC (Oil & Gas) company in the Middle East. Huge change, but great reward. moving will give you a new ensight into what you had and what you will gain. Most likely your decision to move to support your GF will be more beneficial to you than not.

Good luck
    thank you that was great insight!

kmdietri is offline Junior Member
    If you're just out of college you're young enough that it shouldn't be a problem.

The good thing is that Im moving from toronto were rent and living cost is almost double the cost....the city im moving to is still large but not 3 million like toronto so I dont need to make as much to get ahead....50 grand in toronto wont get you far, but were im moving 30-40 grand will put you up in a 1200 sq. apartment and pay the car payments with money left over. Thats one thing im looking forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by kmdietri View Post
    If you're just out of college you're young enough that it shouldn't be a problem.
    That guy has some good info but hes way to extreme! Yes women want confidence, they want a man who takes charge and speaks his mind but they still want a man who treats them with respect and treats them life a women.

The good thing is that Im moving from toronto were rent and living cost is almost double the cost....the city im moving to is still large but not 3 million like toronto so I dont need to make as much to get ahead....50 grand in toronto wont get you far, but were im moving 30-40 grand will put you up in a 1200 sq. apartment and pay the car payments with money left over. Thats one thing im looking forward to!
    seems the move is already benefiting you.

Have you considered being a gay stripper?

haha no I dont think my gf would be cool with me being a gay stripper and im not gay so....

Thread Information