Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Razor is offline Banned

Nervous about starting a new job

I got a job working for the military, its been a while since I been back in the rat race, I was working on few projects of my own but now I think its time to learn some new skills. Im going to be a Engineering Tech working on Diesel engines for the military. Its kinda dream job for me because I wanted to be back working with the military and lot of my friends work there as well. Thing is im kinda nervous, been keeping me up at night, I'm pretty sure Im making the right move here, they offered me a great job and great pay with full benefits, but I dont know why I have the jitters about it.. can anyone relate?
    Last edited by Razor; 06-29-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr.;605***0
    I got a job working for the military, its been a while since I been back in the rat race, I was working on few projects of my own but now I think its time to learn some new skills. Im going to be a Engineering Tech working on Diesel engines for the military. Its kinda dream job for me because I wanted to be back working with the military and lot of my friends work there as well. Thing is im kinda nervous, been keeping me up at night, I'm pretty sure Im making the right move here, they offered me a great job and great pay with full benefits, but I dont know why I have the jitters about it.. can anyone relate?
    I was offered a job in Japan and they gave me a week to accept or decline. I wound up accepting it and took a trip to check it out for a week and man I'm extremely glad I accepted. This was the biggest decision I've ever had to make and so far it looks like taking the chance and accepting this was a good one.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Archy View Post
    I was offered a job in Japan and they gave me a week to accept or decline. I wound up accepting it and took a trip to check it out for a week and man I'm extremely glad I accepted. This was the biggest decision I've ever had to make and so far it looks like taking the chance and accepting this was a good one.
    Try to get some Asian ***** and report back

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Archy View Post
    Is this what you are doing now?

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    Is this what you are doing now?
    Yea, I leave for Osaka in 2 weeks.

Sounds like you'll really enjoy your new job bro.
    Last edited by Awesome_Archy; 07-02-2012 at 01:01 AM.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    CONGRATS on landing your dream job RaZR!!!

I always get the jitters and nervious to some degree when starting a new job lol

I think its cuz I like being on top of things and having stuff done BEFORE I’m even asked, or others realize it needs to be done...a new job you walk into having no clue where anything is / coworkers personalities / how your boss operates and reacts to stuff / how the work environment flows / what type of humor is appropriate ... and it blows looking like your incompetent as you are always asking people how things are done in a new place esp. after the first few days cuz than coworkers turn into @sses when ask for direction on stuff ... the little mistakes of not filling out a form the way the new office likes it or talking a certain way to a certain person ...yuk lol

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Be happy man you got a good job especially w/ benefit's. Lot's of ppl don't have that

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Didn't see the Raz being a blue colored kinda guy. . . .

Cool, though. . . If you have a job that you enjoy, life is great!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    maybe cuz you are getting outside of a comfort zone or anticipation of adventures ahead? seems like you will enjoy this!

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by samson_420
    Didn't see the Raz being a blue colored kinda guy. . . .

Cool, though. . . If you have a job that you enjoy, life is great!
    What you thought I was white colored? Haha

Blog Entries
    What you thought I was white colored? Haha
    I did yo, maybe like office IT kinda dude or somethin'.

Right on though man.

What will you be working on?

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    I did yo, maybe like office IT kinda dude or somethin'.

Right on though man.

What will you be working on?
    My parents and family is white colored, GM's, business owners, executives, and my dad is a pilot he flys jets.
    Ive always been and grunt but I will be working on Diesel Engines and power systems for the ships

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good luck with the new job man. Get on some tren , it makes you a great mechanic it's magic.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post
    Good luck with the new job man. Get on some tren, it makes you a great mechanic it's magic.
    haha yea right, that would make me rage!

Blog Entries
    Cool, right on. . . . After my last ditch digging job I quit the blue colored shit.

I see guys all the time in their late 40's that have been doing outside work all of their life and they look 60 with leather for skin.

^^^ i have too and i see people that look 20 years older becuz they sit behind a desk! LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    ^^^ i have too and i see people that look 20 years older becuz they sit behind a desk! LOL
    LMAO. . .for sure, big o' flat office ass. . . Ewwww

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I was a tad excited going to afghanistan. it happens.........

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Good luck. Maybe you can send me a picture after a days work while your all greasy and in your combat boots....and only your boots.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Got a hob offer working In Kuwait/Iraq in 2006 4 months after my return from Iraq as a soldier and have been here every since. Best decision I have made to date besides marrying my wife.

Persistence2012 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    Got a hob offer working In Kuwait/Iraq in 2006 4 months after my return from Iraq as a soldier and have been here every since. Best decision I have made to date besides marrying my wife.
    Do you live with your wife in kuwait? Also how do you get your supps in a middle eastern country, presuming that they be a quality product.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Persistence2012 View Post
    Do you live with your wife in kuwait? Also how do you get your supps in a middle eastern country, presuming that they be a quality product.
    Yeah imagine I do live with my wife in Kuwait and guess what we even have running water and a supp store called GNC, ever heard of it? Anything you can get I can also get.

Persistence2012 is offline Junior Member
    can u tell me which country were going to be going to war with in the next year, if the military is out of the complete bloom all of a sudden hiring?

I advocate this since its quite the opposite as to what was originally stipulated, in that severe military cuts were due, and thousands of military personal were to be let go, but apparently since they're hiring, they must be preparing for a full scale invasion sometime soon.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    You'll be fine Razr. You already know your job. You have friends there. Sure you'll be the FNG but that will pass.

Besides all that your Razr. Enough said.
    Last edited by Misery13; 07-01-2012 at 07:05 AM.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    You will do just fine jitters are normal.Good luck Bro And Fuk a office job I got to be outside.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Misery13 View Post
    You'll be fine Razr. You already know your job. You have friends there. Sure you'll be the FNG but that will pass.

Besides all that your Razr. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    You will do just fine jitters are normal.Good luck Bro And Fuk a office job I got to be outside.
    Thank you guys for the vote of confidence, first day is tomorrow so I will let you guys know how it goes.

Thank you guys for the vote of confidence, first day is tomorrow so I will let you guys know how it goes.
    pics or it didn't happen

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    The night after i interviewed for my current position i got extreme anxiety about it. but it meant moving and a bunch of other things. I figured it was just the fact that change is hard. it went away, but a part of me was hoping I didn't get the job. Things have been fine so far. Good luck on your first day. Things get easy and more comfortable with a bit of time.

Razor is offline Banned
    Thanks Sexy, any news for you?

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Thanks Sexy, any news for you?
    nada sir .... not an email or call lol

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Starting a new job is always nerve racking. I think it has to do with every one's wanting to be accepted by others. You want to feel comfortable where you are going and not be the guy who is eating lunch by himself.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Good luck bro. Hope it works out for ya.

Razor is offline Banned
    Fcking a I'm tired, talk about a hard days work, I had have to wake up at 5am now fml

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    good luck bros

Thread Information