greenwell001 is offline Member

its never enough.....

I never feel like I'm doin enough. Right now I'm doing a 4 day split. Everything is growing pretty well besides tri's and bi's, and it is really starting to piss me off. After I'm done with back, my bi's are so full of blood that its hard to get solid sets in. On chest day I can do dips all day after chest, then skullcrushers, then overhead extensions, then single underhand on cables. WTF! I like to keep it around an hr, might get rid of last movement of chest and back and add a movement of tri's and bi's on those days. Who trains bi's and tri's twice a week with solid pressing/pulling workouts through the week. I think other lifts might suffer from hitting them twice a week. Anybody got suggestions, throw em at me.

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Yea I feel you on that bud..

I switched up from the old "back/bi & chest/tri"

Now I do chest bi, and another day in the week I do back alone. Add tris to shoulder day. This way I feel I get a good solid bicep workout, and a second one while I work back. I like it and I've actually increased my lifts slightly.

Day 1 chest bi

Day 2 legs abs forearms

Day 3 off ( lazy day rest only )

Day 4 shoulders tris

Day 5 back traps

Day 6-7 off ( cardio, or sports or random fun )

Works for me, i like it!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Never enough?
    for me, this is a hobby, not an obsession, contrary to what my family may tell you.
    and because i'm not a pro, nor do i want to be one, once I develop a routine, then i just try to get in and out the gym as quickly as possible. But I've been doing this for many years, and I've already been through that obsessive "not enough" stage. Now i'm in the "let's not get hurt" stage.

GreMos is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    Never enough?
    for me, this is a hobby, not an obsession, contrary to what my family may tell you.
    and because i'm not a pro, nor do i want to be one, once I develop a routine, then i just try to get in and out the gym as quickly as possible. But I've been doing this for many years, and I've already been through that obsessive "not enough" stage. Now i'm in the "let's not get hurt" stage.
    Grampa-pump over here

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Lets face it there are several things in life that never seem to be enough. You just touched on one of them.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Lets face it there are several things in life that never seem to be enough. You just touched on one of them.
    and i imagine for most, since i'm this way, sex would be on the list of things you never get enough of?

and cash. never get/have enough of that too.

and oakland raider victories. never enough of those!!!!

Jdbjr86 is offline New Member
    I feel, aside from re-booting your whole routine, perhaps doing arms 2x a week is the better way to go. I am doing Jim Wendlers 5/3/1 and am doing very heavy pressing/pulling movements all based around the standing press, bench press, squat and deadlift. 4 lifts a week, basically 2 upper and 2 lower body. on my 2 upper days i train arms, and generally i just switch around which comes first each upper day, but hitting both 2x a week. been working great for me so far, hope this helps a bit! best of luck

Yeah every functional movement is push/pull, like paul chek says. Well some of muscles used are not primary and there for don't grow equally/as fast. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Never enough?
    i too am simultaneously in the don't get hurt phase....

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwell001 View Post
    I never feel like I'm doin enough. Right now I'm doing a 4 day split. Everything is growing pretty well besides tri's and bi's, and it is really starting to piss me off. After I'm done with back, my bi's are so full of blood that its hard to get solid sets in. On chest day I can do dips all day after chest, then skullcrushers, then overhead extensions, then single underhand on cables. WTF! I like to keep it around an hr, might get rid of last movement of chest and back and add a movement of tri's and bi's on those days. Who trains bi's and tri's twice a week with solid pressing/pulling workouts through the week. I think other lifts might suffer from hitting them twice a week. Anybody got suggestions, throw em at me.
    are you attempting size and strength?? or shape?? sounds to me like shape and you are overworking them...

I'd suggest for 6 weeks switching to a 4-6 rep range 3 sets 2 exercise max weight..

so on your 1`st stet you are almost able to get the 6th rep on the 3 set you can do 3-4 when you can do 6 reps on the 3 set you increase the weight..

wait 4 days and do the body part again..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    are you attempting size and strength?? or shape?? sounds to me like shape and you are overworking them...

I'd suggest for 6 weeks switching to a 4-6 rep range 3 sets 2 exercise max weight..

so on your 1`st stet you are almost able to get the 6th rep on the 3 set you can do 3-4 when you can do 6 reps on the 3 set you increase the weight..

wait 4 days and do the body part again..
    Thanks for the tip bud....I train for power and explosiveness, but the arms just started to look funny and my wife called me out on it, I know, WTF right? I will take your advice and see what happens.

JAB1 is offline Member
    YEah I can relate. I have recently thrown an extra bi/tri day here nad there to my normal routine whcih is chest/tri, back/bi. Definately enjoy working bi/tri fresh for a change, can actually make them sore the next day(slightly)!!

They haven't gotten sore for a while bro, we will see what happens

Thread Information