< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

Does your diet/lifestyle choice make you misreable?

I was talking to this hot black chic in my class about nutrition BS. She's real cool and very good looking maybe weighing right under 100 pounds. I watch her just eat random shit in class every day. Last time she had something that looked like a greasy ass sandwich and bag of candy.

She's like have some, I'm like nah. . . She's like why not, that's how we got into this conversation. She said I must me way miserable not being able to just eat garbage whenever I want. I said not really, it doesn't bother me at all.

Although I would like to have her 19 year old (ass) and metabolism where I can just eat crap and process it like nothing happened.

But, just wondering on how you all feel about this subject.

I came to a conclusion after 30+ years of being half ass that I rather get way fit and be in way better shape than the Homer Simpsons I see everywhere I go. Just makes me feel good and not miserable.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i follow a diet, but im not strict unless im trying to make weight. We went out to a french place yesterday for dinner. We split a banana split creep for dessert. I don't it stuff like that a lot. but if im in the mood i have it. Unless your competing or what ever i see no point in making yourself miserable.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    I find balance in everything (I'm sooo Zen like). I try to be healthy MOST of the time but I refuse to not enjoy Hot Wings and some beer during Football Sunday. Could I have a cleaner diet...yup. Would I feel like I am enjoying life at that point...nope!

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    i follow a diet, but im not strict unless im trying to make weight. We went out to a french place yesterday for dinner. We split a banana split creep for dessert. I don't it stuff like that a lot. but if im in the mood i have it. Unless your competing or what ever i see no point in making yourself miserable.
    Exaxtly

I used to be a freak about my diet, meal every 2hr, perfect macro etc etc

As you said if trying to make weight it different story

But im bulking now on emmm everything lol so i just have macro for the day that i try follow and thats it, i dont think that the 100% commitment on diet and no life is worth the 5% benefit in gains over my current diet/lifestyle.........

I have seen the light

JAB1 is offline Member
    I am lucky in the fact that I dont crave sweets or junk food. But im not super strict unless cutting and even then allow a cheat. But a cheat for me is also wings(love em), full flavor burger with cheese, etc.. For me its balance, I hit my meals dead on most of the time and when a meal out etc comes I enjoy it!!!

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB

Exaxtly

I used to be a freak about my diet, meal every 2hr, perfect macro etc etc

As you said if trying to make weight it different story

But im bulking now on emmm everything lol so i just have macro for the day that i try follow and thats it, i dont think that the 100% commitment on diet and no life is worth the 5% benefit in gains over my current diet/lifestyle.........

I have seen the light
    I'm kinda like this, now 4 months ago I was a little tub of butter. But since then I have trimmed down and jut wanna be athletic and good for my job. I eat clean, but I will not sacrifice time with family or friends by eating my "box" meal

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah agreed with all. But, you can't run a see food diet long before you blow up like I did. It also depends on genetics and you workout style/routine.

Right now I am just shedding the unwanted fatness. Even now, I am allowed a cheat meal. But, it's a cheat meal not a cheat week or month. I'll still eat wing with ranch. . . But now, 3-4 instead of the dozen plus I did before.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Oh yeah agreed with all. But, you can't run a see food diet long before you blow up like I did. It also depends on genetics and you workout style/routine.

Right now I am just shedding the unwanted fatness. Even now, I am allowed a cheat meal. But, it's a cheat meal not a cheat week or month. I'll still eat wing with ranch. . . But now, 3-4 instead of the dozen plus I did before.
    Fvck that....make it a dozen or don't bother...hell man it's CHICKEN (I can justify anything) lol

lstbred is offline Senior Member
    It sucks having all this food around!!! (it really does make it difficult) I'm 43 now, so I eat what I want, when I want! If I feel like having 6 wings.........or 15 I will. 95% of the time I try to eat well, so I can eat whatever if those times do pop up. I eat well by choice not because I HAVE to.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lstbred View Post
    I eat well by choice not because I HAVE to.
    Well said. But, I don't think anyone really has to and it shows.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    I eat below TDEE during the week and clean foods but on the weekends on will have a few beers and eat whatever I want usually just don't eat a lot of it. Moderation is the key. Hell I ate ice cream, grits, bread last weekend and lost 3 lbs.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Arnold used to eat entire pies like once a week during contest prep, worked for him. But if you are snacking on sugary shit all day it will more than likely effect you. For me that's one thing I can eliminate and have great progress. Right now I am killing myself with my current diet, but it isn't to lose fat or anything else other than for health reasons, and when I truly figure out what is causing problems, if I do, I will keep it out of my diet. Two things I am extremely anal about. HFCS I will not touch, Partially Hydrogenated vegetable oils I will not touch either. I haven't drank soda but a couple in 16 years ish? Couple other little things I try to avoid excess of. But like others have said you realize being overly anal isn't going to help you enough to be worth it, and in some cases your progress will be worse, after all it isn't a perfect science, and that milkshake could have been more beneficial than a negative.

edit: wanted to add how anal I was in the past, if I felt even slightly hungry I would go crazy until I made sure to get food, I would sit there thinking my muscles were wasting away, it's really unhealthy, and untrue honestly. I see it a lot on facebook how psycho people are that have only been exercising for a short duration but are overly zealous about it, those kind of people drive me crazy acting like they are fitness die hards, it's like you have been doing this for 5 months out of your life, try being dedicated for your whole life. Anyways they make a lot of mistakes and do things that are unsustainable and usually have bad games or come to a point they stop making progress and quit and end up where they started.
    Last edited by SEOINAGE; 09-20-2012 at 03:26 PM.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    i feel better when i eat better. i don't restrict anything bu will only have a bite or two for a taste. food is no longer a source of enjoyment. i am into shoes now

Thread Information