Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Welcome to adulthood! Grown men don't get into fist fights over basketball games...it's that simple! As a grownup, the only reason to fight, is to protect ones self. Nothing else is worth the reprocutions.
    Well said.

What's bad, as I get older (38 now) I find it harder at times to rein it in now than when I was younger. Dwindling patience I suppose. Good job on walking off Rwy.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    Fvck that... I'd pound his ass into the ground. That's the problem these days- there are no consequences for being an asshole. That's why people do dumb shit nowadays and don't care. They know its not likely that they'll take a whooping for being stupid. MORE parents need to beat the living shit out of their kids and THEN you'll see more people with manners. I live in Chicago now... and not a day goes by where I don't want to just beat the living hell out of someone especially driving. People have no manners, are disrespectful to others, and just don't give a shit. They'll only start giving a shit once someone beats the hell out of them to teach them manners.

I about ripped a taxi driver out of his cab and beat the living shit out of him the other day. Bastards will run you over for a $3.00 fare. This guy literally was within 1/2 inch of hitting my brand new Jeep trying to squeeze by because he couldn't wait the 10 seconds for the light to change; all while texting. I kicked his door so hard that he couldn't roll up the window from the huge dent on the side of his cab. He knew what he did wrong and just sat there with a blank stare and when the light turned green pulled off without a word.

Then one time at the gym, I'm sitting there doing dumbbell fly's in the weight pit. This pit is completely crammed with 15 year old assholes that wanna just hang out and talk with their buddies. I got this one kid that keeps coming within an inch of me while I'm banging out reps so he can grab 30 lb dumbbells that he could barely carry. On my third set sure as shit this assclown hits my hand (with a 40 lb dumbbell in it mid rep) as he's walking by. I drop the weight, stand up, and throw his ass half way across the pit right into the entire dumbbell rack. This kids in shock holding his back because I'm sure landing into a dumbbell rack doesn't feel good- and then the gym manager comes over getting loud. I yelled back at him to "quit selling memberships to homo's like this guy and get these bastards out of the gym if they aren't working out". That pretty much cleared the whole weight pit. But.. then I got banned from the gym.
    I have to words for you Dan ROID RAGE !just kidding bro

Newdog2015 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131

Bah... I didn't even get a lawyer for mine. I was charged with simple battery, paid a $500.00 bail, and at my first court appearance they offered me a $300 fine, court costs, and 6 months non reporting probation. My intent was to ask the judge to hold off so I could get a lawyer that day and I was like okay- I'll take that deal. Ironically, after court costs and the fine the $500.00 bail was gone and I owed like $22.00 or something which I paid. This was like beginning of summer.
    No way that's total bs lol. Lucky for you man! I think the judge felt probable cause when the guy removed his front tooth in the court. Who would have known that knocking a guys tooth out was frown upon!
    All being said he should have learned to duck and weave before coming at someone and their wife in a bar and thinking nothing was going to happen. You don't do that crap and hopefully the jury see the same. It looks in my favor lol

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Disagree with the last part of op above. Do not ever let anyone hit you first. Take a defensive posture. If there are cameras or witnesses you are seen defending yourself and not as the aggressor. Never let someone hit you never.
    And if you let them hit you first you might not get up!(personal experience)

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I have to words for you Dan ROID RAGE !just kidding bro
    I've never been on steroids . I just got on TRT a little while ago. I just have a short temper for assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Newdog2015 View Post
    No way that's total bs lol. Lucky for you man! I think the judge felt probable cause when the guy removed his front tooth in the court. Who would have known that knocking a guys tooth out was frown upon!
    All being said he should have learned to duck and weave before coming at someone and their wife in a bar and thinking nothing was going to happen. You don't do that crap and hopefully the jury see the same. It looks in my favor lol
    I've been doing 8 years worth of MMA training.... not to learn to fight... but its great cardio. I'm gonna sound like DSM and Shlova by saying this- but you can't get any better cardio than rolling around wrestling for an hour with another dude, lol. I've only fought ONCE in an actual amature MMA fight. I won but still... I'm no pro fighter. HOWEVER... you'd be surprised how quickly a simple kick to the side of the head can lay someone out cold and it doesn't even leave a mark for the cops to take pictures of.

DanB is offline Banned
    Yeah you prob did the sensible thing, not arguing with that, but am I the only one here that wont start a suitation but sometimes enjoys when one arises, win or lose and Im not any sort of hard man mabey its seen differently in society over here, but its common place here to have a little knock over a something stupid, and if there is alcohol involved, well I would be very surprised if I went on a night out and didnt witness several fights over the course of the night, we are a stubborn nation and too proud for our own good sometimes and so neither person will back down and I am talking all agegroups here and women can be even worse sometimes lol, also a few people mentioned legal repercussions, that is rare over here unless you do serious harm to somebody, it isnt really seen as something too serious at all

Is it different views in society here where it is acceptable the reason for nobody having mentioned this yet or are people just not wanting to say it for fear of being seen as a dick (because i know some people will think this after reading the post)

But I know for a fact that alot of people here feel the same way, would never walk away and occasionally enjoy it...........

Just my opinion and Im not saying that is what you should of done, I was just surprised nobody mentioned something along those lines yet in 2 pages of the thread
    Last edited by DanB; 01-04-2013 at 04:49 PM.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've been doing 8 years worth of MMA training.... not to learn to fight... but its great cardio. I'm gonna sound like DSM and Shlova by saying this- but you can't get any better cardio than rolling around wrestling for an hour with another dude, lol. I've only fought ONCE in an actual amature MMA fight. I won but still... I'm no pro fighter. HOWEVER... you'd be surprised how quickly a simple kick to the side of the head can lay someone out cold and it doesn't even leave a mark for the cops to take pictures of.
    hahahaha!!!! dan, you're my new hero.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Yeah you prob did the sensible thing, not arguing with that, but am I the only one here that wont start a suitation but sometimes enjoys when one arises, win or lose and Im not any sort of hard man mabey its seen differently in society over here, but its common place here to have a little knock over a something stupid, and if there is alcohol involved, well I would be very surprised if I went on a night out and didnt witness several fights over the course of the night, we are a stubborn nation and too proud for our own good sometimes and so neither person will back down and I am talking all agegroups here and women can be even worse sometimes lol, also a few people mentioned legal repercussions, that is rare over here unless you do serious harm to somebody, it isnt really seen as something too serious at all

Is it different views in society here where it is acceptable the reason for nobody having mentioned this yet or are people just not wanting to say it for fear of being seen as a dick (because i know some people will think this after reading the post)

But I know for a fact that alot of people here feel the same way, would never walk away and occasionally enjoy it...........

Just my opinion and Im not saying that is what you should of done, I was just surprised nobody mentioned something along those lines yet in 2 pages of the thread

You probably don't have a thing over there called "frivolous lawsuit". I've seen first hand a little 15-16 year old punk just start chewing out an adult man that would have torn this little sh!t apart. The kid even had the gaul to say "go ahead, hit me. I'm gonna sue the sh!t out of you"

My first thought was slap the little punk. It wont leave a mark but then I realized there were quite a few witnesses and I really didn't feel like digging that many holes in the woods.

As it's been said when you're young you don't have much to lose when you're older your actions have a much bigger impact.

I also have a buddy at the gym I don't know all the specifics of his situation but he was in a fight, damn near killed the guy. Did 5 years in prison. Been out for three. Just got served with papers from the state. Turns out the guy he fought and messed up pretty bad has been collecting disability from the state. Now the state if going after my buddy for re-embursment for the other guys injuries. From one fight 8 years ago. Hearing stories like my buddies makes it easier and easier to walk away. It's just not worth it.

Now I would probably foul the fvck out of the guy on the next play. . . .

ecruz is offline Member
    Bah.. if you punch someone in the mouth is a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail in most states. Been there done that... lol. I got a $300 fine and 6 months non-reporting probation for a bar fight and I laid out 3 people, lol.

Just don't crush his eye socket or put him in a coma and you'll be fine, lol
    im not talking some "punch a guy in the eye at a bar" OP said "Kid" im saying punch a minor in the eye!! try getting out of that one with one simple assult charge, that wont happen, your talking a whole different set of charges when it comes to assulting a minor. now when OP said "kid" i assumed minor i could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ecruz View Post
    im not talking some "punch a guy in the eye at a bar" OP said "Kid" im saying punch a minor in the eye!! try getting out of that one with one simple assult charge, that wont happen, your talking a whole different set of charges when it comes to assulting a minor. now when OP said "kid" i assumed minor i could be wrong
    Honestly I don't think it matters "legally". Battery is battery regardless of age. I think that if a 15/16 year old assaulted someone over 18 that the 15/16 year old would just be charged as an adult anyways.

Again... one kick to the side of the head and that's all you need... lights out.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post
    You probably don't have a thing over there called "frivolous lawsuit". I've seen first hand a little 15-16 year old punk just start chewing out an adult man that would have torn this little sh!t apart. The kid even had the gaul to say "go ahead, hit me. I'm gonna sue the sh!t out of you"

My first thought was slap the little punk. It wont leave a mark but then I realized there were quite a few witnesses and I really didn't feel like digging that many holes in the woods.

As it's been said when you're young you don't have much to lose when you're older your actions have a much bigger impact.

I also have a buddy at the gym I don't know all the specifics of his situation but he was in a fight, damn near killed the guy. Did 5 years in prison. Been out for three. Just got served with papers from the state. Turns out the guy he fought and messed up pretty bad has been collecting disability from the state. Now the state if going after my buddy for re-embursment for the other guys injuries. From one fight 8 years ago. Hearing stories like my buddies makes it easier and easier to walk away. It's just not worth it.

Now I would probably foul the fvck out of the guy on the next play. . . .
    i didnt know he was talking about a literal kid, thats a term we use over here, you could call somebody kid and they 35yr old, so mabey it would be different,but i know alot of people would still want to get their point across they may just use less force............

ecruz is offline Member
    Honestly I don't think it matters "legally". Battery is battery regardless of age. I think that if a 15/16 year old assaulted someone over 18 that the 15/16 year old would just be charged as an adult anyways.

Again... one kick to the side of the head and that's all you need... lights out.
    LOL good point!

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    i didnt know he was talking about a literal kid, thats a term we use over here, you could call somebody kid and they 35yr old, so mabey it would be different,but i know alot of people would still want to get their point across they may just use less force............
    I meant more about how sue happy people are over here. He couldn't hit the guy knocking his tooth out and the guy could have turned around and sure him for medical and dental bills as well as pain and suffering.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I just want to know how you even get caught to get sued if you get in a bar fight. The last thing a bar wants to do is call the cops. THe bouncers cant restrain you. If the bar knows me enough to know who i am. They know me enough not to tell who i am. If i fvck someone else bad enough, i leave before something could happen.

Only once ever hung around after a bad fight, The kid i fought and a bouncer left in an ambulance. We were out of state on vacation and really wanted to stay at the club. The owner let us stay but we had to do an incident report. My girl filled out all the info. Made fake address and my name was Kris Kringle
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    I remember working doors and some gobby underage kids tried getting in basically after 10/15 minutes of "your not coming in" they started with the threats etc etc and I learned a cheeky little trick that day that will always stay with me.

The lad was giving it large with his mouth he's going to do this and that to me and starts poking me so I my thumb and quickly jabbed him in the sola plexus taking the wind right out of the gobby shit.

Of course he went running to the police and even on camera it shows me just poking him the tool bag

Nothing funnier than taking the wind out of someone who's mid sentence how they are gonna rip your head off

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I just want to know how you even get caught to get sued if you get in a bar fight. The last thing a bar wants to do is call the cops. THe bouncers cant restrain you. If the bar knows me enough to know who i am. They know me enough not to tell who i am. If i fvck someone else bad enough, i leave before something could happen.

Only once ever hung around after a bad fight, The kid i fought and a bouncer left in an ambulance. We were out of state on vacation and really wanted to stay at the club. The owner let us stay but we had to do an incident report. My girl filled out all the info. Made fake address and my name was Kris Kringle
    This

Its normal, nobody gives a fvck, the bar only gets upset if the place starts getting broken up

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post
    I meant more about how sue happy people are over here. He couldn't hit the guy knocking his tooth out and the guy could have turned around and sure him for medical and dental bills as well as pain and suffering.
    They cant sue me, there is no police, the mentality in this country is to keep your mouth shut, and this is from working class, right the way up, very seldom to see people sue for damages unless it is simply loss of wages from time in hospital after a serious assault, if i knock somebody out in a bar nothing will happen, they will get up and either come at me again, leave, or most likely they sit down and have another drink

The police dont want to pursue a common assault claim, even if you walk into the station with the persons name, if it only a few cuts and bruises then they see it as too much paperwork for something that a judge will also not care about and throw out of court or bond somebody to the peace for a year, ask for a small donation to charity etc, it seen as basically making a big deal over nothing
    Last edited by DanB; 01-04-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    They cant sue me, there is no police, the mentality in this country is to keep your mouth shut, and this is from working class, right the way up, very seldom to see people sue for damages unless it is simply loss of wages from time in hospital after a serious assault, if i knock somebody out in a bar nothing will happen, they will get up and either come at me again, leave, or most likely they sit down and have another drink
    Welcome to America. Sue central. The American way. Get rich quick. Only in America. Sucks

I got busted because the cop was right outside and saw all the commotion going on and the bar also called 911 because there was damage to the bar itself (window got broken out on the door). It's an area where there are cops literally everywhere and even some of the bouncers are off duty cops.

Quote Originally Posted by DanB

Fellow Brit by any chance?

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Welcome to America. Sue central. The American way. Get rich quick. Only in America. Sucks
    if people did try sue then i gurantee you they would end up dropping the claim well before any court date aswell, it would be frowned upon over here

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by panntastic View Post
    Fellow Brit by any chance?
    Irish

Quote Originally Posted by DanB

Irish
    Understandable things aren't nowhere near as bad out side of the pond as the Americans have it

if people did try sue then i gurantee you they would end up dropping the claim well before any court date aswell, it would be frowned upon over here

Again welcome to America. I understand what you are saying and I agree 100%. But laws here protect the guilty and greedy.

I had someone once try and press assault charges on me once. They recanted before it ever went to court

I got busted because the cop was right outside and saw all the commotion going on and the bar also called 911 because there was damage to the bar itself (window got broken out on the door). It's an area where there are cops literally everywhere and even some of the bouncers are off duty cops.
    if there is cops outside there is nothing you can do. Doesnt matter if they are off duty cops or not they cant restrain you otherwise.

I had someone once try and press assault charges on me once. They recanted before it ever went to court
    Why is it that it's always the little guys that get tough in the bar? Its always some short dude with some liquid courage.....

Why is it that it's always the little guys that get tough in the bar? Its always some short dude with some liquid courage.....
    why is that guys who are tall think they are tuff just because they have longer legs?

why is that guys who are tall think they are tuff just because they have longer legs?

Funny. Ha

Because I can kick high enough to knock you out with one kick to the side of the head. Little guys only get up to your nuts if they are lucky.

Yeah Gixx. Like the avi.

DanB is offline Banned
    Because I can kick high enough to knock you out with one kick to the side of the head. Little guys only get up to your nuts if they are lucky.
    Ah but the pint bottle in the small guys hand gives him the extra reach he needs

And I'm only 5'8 but I can kick high enough to hit any height.... I'm flexible. Its the yoga.

You'd be the first.
    And in a packed club or bar doing head kicks is def the best attack option.

Ah but the pint bottle in the small guys hand gives him the extra reach he needs
    or im short enough where its easy to duck the kick then fvcking drill you to no end

You'd be the first.
    And in a packed club or bar doing head kicks is def the best attack option.
    No... I'd just put my arm out and hold you by the forehead and watch you swing as I laughed.

DB1982 is offline Member
    Yeah you did the right thing. Its not worth it at all.

I try to avoid fighting like no other. Its not because I'm scared but more because I flip out like crazy and usually take it to far.
    On another note I trained in BJJ and Muay thai for awhile there and I can't remember how many times some guy claimed they're this or that. Only to find themselves gasping for air or wondering how a leg kick could hurt that bad.

I was always trained to wait n counter. I find this plays better to my size I'm a small guy ( 5'10" 175lbs ) and speed.

Wait wasnt that a Patrick Swayze movie?

Dalton: All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information