Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Board Rules and advice

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    In my case it was not a large amount, but where I lived at the time it was/is a felony. I do not blame law enforcment for doing their job. I take full resposibility.

I dont think that it is right for someone to enforce the laws, but at the sametime break the very same laws. I personally would not be able to sleep at night.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    In my case it was not a large amount, but where I lived at the time it was/is a felony. I do not blame law enforcment for doing their job. I take full resposibility.

I dont think that it is right for someone to enforce the laws, but at the sametime break the very same laws. I personally would not be able to sleep at night.
    This, my friend, is a whole other ball game from what we were talking about.

I am NOT a saint, and have had legal issues in my past. It has always irked me to get a speeding ticket, yet see highway patrol traveling in excess of the speed limit when they are not on a call or in pursuit.

Most of my issues with LE were from a generation ago, and I easily pass background checks by the dept of justice and FBI nowadays. To be candid, I think the professionalism of LE has improved in the areas where I have traveled to and lived. But there was a time, back in the day, when the peace sign was readily flashed, and psychedelic T shirts were the norm, that cops were greeted by the sound that pigs make. Cops would come and steal your stash, and simply put it in their pockets for their personal use later on. but this was back in the early 70's, long before many here were born. and if you were black back then, I'm not saying blacks have it easy now, but back then? forget it.....

Well its been almost exactly 7 yrs since I was covicted.

I still cannot get a job as a Bartender, barback, or security in Las Vegas.
    I have been offered jobs at some of the highest end clubs in this town, and I still cannot get a Sherrifs card.

The Bartenders at these clubs can make in excess of $800-$1500 in cash a night, plus and mininmum wage.

The security do quite well also.

My father did 10 years in federal prison, for something similar on a lerger scale back in the early 80's. And plenty of friends for aas, and other victimless crimes, that are branded and ****ed for life, for simply trying to make a living and providing goods and service, like any business.

I realize that we need laws, but the drug laws are out of hand. Privateized prisons lobby to keep drug laws the way they are. Even though the majority of Americansd disagree with these laws.

Its wrong.
    I would not call the police for any reason, other than if someone broke into my house and there was a dead body in my home. And I would be very hesitent to call then, because of my priors.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances

Sounds like you have a huge chip on your shoulder, with all your posts throughout this thread. IMOP that's what I'm hearing. However TR has put this in correct prospective. ...crazy mike

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    Wow, what a story. I'm glad you've recovered so well and are working on improving your well being. It's a tough thing to follow the rules and educate yourself and ask a question and have people pass judgment immediately that you're an idiot waste of steroids without having the sensitivity to wonder if maybe there was something else going on.

I suppose they see so many newbies that don't know what they are doing, and have done for years that the shortcut default is to criticise and not wonder or ask questions to explore extenuating circumstances. Stories like yours are probably quite rare, and in a way this makes the reaction somewhat rational, if you see that I mean, even whilst it's wrong. I hope someone here can give the support and advice you need, and that you have influenced people's thinking here in a very positive way.
    No I dont agree you shouldve read the thread before listening to him whine.Beacuse if a guy runs 10 cycles he shouldve had some size.And if he listed his problem I wouldve understood.But he wants to stack 3 compounds but isnt looking for some size.Marcus where are you LOL

kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Marcus where are you LOL
    Steering clear of this one would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    Sounds like you have a huge chip on your shoulder, with all your posts throughout this thread. IMOP that's what I'm hearing. However TR has put this in correct prospective. ...crazy mike
    You know what, I really dont. I at a place in my life where I am at peace with many things. I try not to let anything get to me anymore.

I took this thread off topic and I apolgize for that. I was making observations about the way I see advice, or lack there of, being given out.

Well its been almost exactly 7 yrs since I was covicted.

I still cannot get a job as a Bartender, barback, or security in Las Vegas.
    I have been offered jobs at some of the highest end clubs in this town, and I still cannot get a Sherrifs card.

The Bartenders at these clubs can make in excess of $800-$1500 in cash a night, plus and mininmum wage.

The security do quite well also.

My father did 10 years in federal prison, for something similar on a lerger scale back in the early 80's. And plenty of friends for aas, and other victimless crimes, that are branded and ****ed for life, for simply trying to make a living and providing goods and service, like any business.

I realize that we need laws, but the drug laws are out of hand. Privateized prisons lobby to keep drug laws the way they are. Even though the majority of Americansd disagree with these laws.

Its wrong.
    I would not call the police for any reason, other than if someone broke into my house and there was a dead body in my home. And I would be very hesitent to call then, because of my priors.
    So let me see if I got this right.You broke the law and got caught.Now you have a felony and cant get a job and you are pissed.So now beacuse Lunk is LE you are mad beacuse he does aas.Vince Coleman was LE.No one told you to break the law and you can cry all you want to.But pointing the finger at wat other people do wont change a thing.I suggest you grow up.And I hope no one else said this beacuse I dont want to sound like a parrott!

I break the law almost everyday, as does everyone else here, who lives in America.

Not crying about shit, Ive got a job. Im not mad at anyone, just do not think it is right.

The drug laws in this country do kind of piss me off. Lunk can do whatever he wants, it is a free country, I just find it ****erd up that, not saying he has, could charge and arrest someone for doing the exact same thing that they do.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78
    I break the law almost everyday, as does everyone else here, who lives in America.

Not crying about shit, Ive got a job. Im not mad at anyone, just do not think it is right.

The drug laws in this country do kind of piss me off. Lunk can do whatever he wants, it is a free country, I just find it ****erd up that, not saying he has, could charge and arrest someone for doing the exact same thing that they do.
    There are hypocrites and immoralities in every profession. In my vocation I see abuse, neglect, and malicious intent all too often. You say you're at piece, yet you keep regurgitating the same rhetoric over and over.

Why try to hold one individual to higher standards of morality. It's one thing to hold a divergent opinion but quiet another to question his or her moral compass. Lunk isn't above the law nor do I believe he would argue that position.
    songdog likes this.

You will never understand until you have been in some of the situations that I have been in involving LE at many levels.

Im sure some are great guys just doing their job, but more often then not, their orders or laws that they are enforcing, or the way they go about it is not the way it should be.

You are in the Medical Profession?

That has its issues as well. I have had some pretty ****ed up experiences with doctors as well. Am I saying they are all bad, absolutely not.

Am I sayin Lunk is bad, absolutely not.

Our system is f*cked up on many levels. It all comes down to money.

LE enforces stupid laws, and treats non violent offenders, sometimes worse than violent offenders.

Medical, banking, government, welfare. Our system is so flawed it isnt even worth trying to fix.

I try not to dwell on these thins anymore, I am just trying to live my life the way that I wnt to.

I aologize to Lunk for calling him out, Im sure he is a good dude.

On the above points, we share common views. Corruption abounds at many levels and transcends just about every profession. With money and power comes a sense of entitlement and a belief that there is absolution from morality of right and wrong.

North America is all that unique from other countries where corruption exists - we just call it capitalism. Lol

(And I'm not opposed to the spirit of capitalism, just the indecencies).

Now this is just me.But I truly believe that if Lunk pulled you over and he found aas.You wouldnt get arrested.Now if it was some good Pharm grade sh1t he may take it.LOL I never met the man but consider him a friend.So if he pulled you over you would get a fair shake.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog
    Now this is just me.But I truly believe that if Lunk pulled you over and he found aas.You wouldnt get arrested.Now if it was some good Pharm grade sh1t he may take it.LOL I never met the man but consider him a friend.So if he pulled you over you would get a fair shake.
    Actually, if he pulls you over, offer to buy him a pumpkin pie blizzard at Dairy Queen and you're gtg!!!!
    songdog likes this.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Like you said, everyone everyday breaks the law. Lunk knows the law and has accepted the risk vs reward. If he gets caught, then he would be subjected to the same penalties as you or I. However him being LE and using PED's has no baring to his knowledge or experience of aas. I'm a mechanic and (was) an electrician, my car breaks or I'm having an electrical issues at my house. I call someone to come do it for me. Does that mean idk how to do it? No, it means I don't wanna do it and I have someone do it BECAUSE I CAN. Someone's vocation is not indicative if their knowledge base. U can call him hypocritical on that aspect but u can't fault his experience. And like many other said, a lot of this shit is said over and over again and can become "parroted", but maybe it's parroted because it works. And then it's not really parroting, it's learning strategy and protocol, implementing it and sharing knowledge. Every time u type a word, are u parroting ur teachers that thought u how to spell and use the words? Or is that you using acquired knowledge?

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog
    Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    lol!

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Do you guys think the integrity of a man drops if he was a police officer but picks and choices what laws to follow while enforcing them among others? My work made us do integrity training yesterday and this question actually came up.

You will never understand until you have been in some of the situations that I have been in involving LE at many levels.

Im sure some are great guys just doing their job, but more often then not, their orders or laws that they are enforcing, or the way they go about it is not the way it should be.

You are in the Medical Profession?

That has its issues as well. I have had some pretty ****ed up experiences with doctors as well. Am I saying they are all bad, absolutely not.

Am I sayin Lunk is bad, absolutely not.

Our system is f*cked up on many levels. It all comes down to money.

LE enforces stupid laws, and treats non violent offenders, sometimes worse than violent offenders.

Medical, banking, government, welfare. Our system is so flawed it isnt even worth trying to fix.

I try not to dwell on these thins anymore, I am just trying to live my life the way that I wnt to.

I aologize to Lunk for calling him out, Im sure he is a good dude.
    So what's new. What's changed in history. Also we are not saints are you. Take a closer look in the mirror. I really just keep hearing the same poop and the chip is getting greater. You should go back to the OP's first entry and read it all again. I think TR summed it up on more than one posting. For me this thread has taken a turn to just plain complaining about life on the forum and offers no more good discussion. ...crazy mike

I just realized something that you people giving lunk a hard time about being a copper and picking and
    Choosing what laws to follow etc are forgetting that your beloved US of A was founded on law breakers men who were guilty of high treason. So lunk could be a pioneer for aas legality. Some may even call lunk a patriot for his actions. He could be fighting the good fight to legalize aas from the inside. Has this crossed anyones mind? Or should i be a movie script writter?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    I just realized something that you people giving lunk a hard time about being a copper and picking and
    Choosing what laws to follow etc are forgetting that your beloved US of A was founded on law breakers men who were guilty of high treason. So lunk could be a pioneer for aas legality. Some may even call lunk a patriot for his actions. He could be fighting the good fight to legalize aas from the inside. Has this crossed anyones mind? Or should i be a movie script writter?
    Just move, lol ...crazy mike

Bmwgirl11 is offline Female Member
    Lunk1 you could have been anything else in life. Chose LE I guess from what I'm hearing. Thank you for what you do, even if its one drunk driver a day. You're alright in my damn book. Sorry just my .02
    kitstreasure and JohnGalt like this.

No I dont agree you shouldve read the thread before listening to him whine.Beacuse if a guy runs 10 cycles he shouldve had some size.And if he listed his problem I wouldve understood.But he wants to stack 3 compounds but isnt looking for some size.Marcus where are you LOL
    No need to go after Angel on this one. Her position is a valid one, and I support her. Women in general are more nurturing than men, and Indy has some very valid physical constraints. Agreed, he could have been more upfront about his condition, but it's spilled milk at this point.

...Just trying to keep the peace is all mate.

Thanks!
    ---Roman

uh....

...say what?

so now he's a patriot because he's LE and taking steroids ?

I think we are becoming a little dramatic on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    No need to go after Angel on this one. Her position is a valid one, and I support her. Women in general are more nurturing than men, and Indy has some very valid physical constraints. Agreed, he could have been more upfront about his condition, but it's spilled milk at this point.

...Just trying to keep the peace is all mate.

Thanks!
    ---Roman
    Damn Roman, you and your wisdom, ha...pretty cool. I like it always. ...crazy mike

Even Buddy up there listens,..

Do you guys think the integrity of a man drops if he was a police officer but picks and choices what laws to follow while enforcing them among others? My work made us do integrity training yesterday and this question actually came up.
    Actually, yes I do!

I'm A CPA, and have lost a few jobs because I follow the path of doing what is right, as opposed to how many in the corporate culture perform, and that is "protect the paycheck at all costs, even if it is NOT in the best interests of the corporation".

Being a CPA is a tough thing to do. There are still ethics I am required to abide by. Some companies will want me to hide things from auditors and the IRS, but that is not my role. I am licensed by the state, NOT the company, and am required to adhere to my training and my ethics. My family doesn't understand all this, and question my decisions that sometimes lead to my no longer working for a company. I was fired one time because I was following the law, there was a sexual harassment complaint against one of our VP's, (I was the interim HR manager, plus the controller at the time), and I refused to "look the other way". Yes it cost me my job. But then I took them to court, and received a huge settlement.

My point is, when you are in a position of trust, you should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen. you should be a shining example to the rest of the citizens. This is a very difficult concept, and most do not "get it".
    Euroholic and kitstreasure like this.

Actually, yes I do!

I'm A CPA, and have lost a few jobs because I follow the path of doing what is right, as opposed to how many in the corporate culture perform, and that is "protect the paycheck at all costs, even if it is NOT in the best interests of the corporation".

Being a CPA is a tough thing to do. There are still ethics I am required to abide by. Some companies will want me to hide things from auditors and the IRS, but that is not my role. I am licensed by the state, NOT the company, and am required to adhere to my training and my ethics. My family doesn't understand all this, and question my decisions that sometimes lead to my no longer working for a company. I was fired one time because I was following the law, there was a sexual harassment complaint against one of our VP's, (I was the interim HR manager, plus the controller at the time), and I refused to "look the other way". Yes it cost me my job. But then I took them to court, and received a huge settlement.

My point is, when you are in a position of trust, you should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen. you should be a shining example to the rest of the citizens. This is a very difficult concept, and most do not "get it".
    Very good read bra!!!!!!

I just have one question. What is a cpa?

kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    CPA= Certified Public Accountant
    Euroholic likes this.

Very good read bra!!!!!!

I just have one question. What is a cpa?
    ... a "certified Pain in the ASS"

well, actually, it means

Certified Public Accountant

As difficult as becoming a lawyer

-4 year Accounting degree
    -3 years internship
    -500 hours audit time
    -pass a 4 part, two day exam that I had to study for a whole year (first time failure rate is over 90%)

Ethics are a huge part of becoming and maintain a CPA. I have a continuing education requirement every other year, and a huge chunk of that is ethics. The license comes from the state of California, and I have to pass extensive background checks, including from the Department of Justice and the FBI. I'm fingerprinted, my picture is a matter of public record, and anyone that knows my name can go to the website for the board of accountancy and look up the status of my license. Plus there is an expensive bi annual fee I have to pay.

I'm also a CMA, and there are only about 1500 of us that are dual licensed in a state of over 30,000,000. But I'm not here to discuss my resume.

---Roman
    Euroholic likes this.

^but looking at my last post, it appears I WAS discussing my resume.

Sorry...

...I'm now drinking a glass of wine and got a little "verbose"
    kitstreasure likes this.

well, actually, it means

-3 years internship
    -500 hours audit time
    -pass a 4 part, two day exam that I had to study for a whole year (first time failure rate is over 90%)

Ethics are a huge part of becoming and maintain a CPA. I have a continuing education requirement every other year, and a huge chunk of that is ethics. The license comes from the state of California, and I have to pass extensive background checks, including from the Department of Justice and the FBI. I'm fingerprinted, my picture is a matter of public record, and anyone that knows my name can go to the website for the board of accountancy and look up the status of my license. Plus there is an expensive bi annual fee I have to pay.

I'm also a CMA, and there are only about 1500 of us that are dual licensed in a state of over 30,000,000. But I'm not here to discuss my resume.

---Roman
    Why not go lawyer? What made you pick? And by public do you work for the state? As in government?

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    I enjoyed a 30 mile bike ride and a few cold beers while this was going on. Nope..Didn't drive home drunk afterwords either

Why not go lawyer? What made you pick? And by public do you work for the state? As in government?
    Because I'm very analytical. I was one of the few that could solve the Rubic's cube (remember that?) in under 30 seconds. (today i'd probably fail, as it is a skill that needs practice)

and also because I didn't like political science in college. too many cases to memorize.

brown vs. board of education
    rowe vs. wade

all the memorization gives me a headache.

Accounting just makes sense to me. I intuitively understand it. I am good at accounting, and I'm afraid I'd only be mediocre practicing law.

A public accountant is an independent agent of the state, (although the state does not pay our salaries, our clients do) who assesses the financial statements of various companies, through a variety of techniques, and forms an opinion as to whether or not those financial statements are fairly presented.

My job, and the job of CPA's, is to protect the public against fraudulent financial reporting practices, safe guarding the interests of the public, and to protect the investors in the stock market.

I am a "public" accountant, because that is who I swore to protect.

I now work in private industry, but my ethics and principles remain the same.

So, based on my training, if I see accounting practices that are not generally accepted from the employer I work for, then ultimately, the expectation is, after all other avenues are exhausted, the expectation is that I draft a letter of memorandum, submit it the to the board of directors, and then resign from my position.

This is an extreme case, but ultimately, what the state licensing board expects me to do. If this makes me uncomfortable, I can always surrender my license and just be an "average joe accountant".

But that would be rather extreme too.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I like Lunk. I think he is a great dude from what I can tell. Do I think he needs to step away from the computer at times. Def but for the most part he is a nice guy.

Like anything in life there is good and bad in every job. Some people do right and some dont and sometimes that one run in causes you to judge a group instead of the sole person.

I laugh at so many of the cops in NYC. So many of them are such a joke but to say there are no good ones would be ignorant.

ON another note. I dont know what its like in other areas but lots of cops and fireman are on gear in NY. I know this for a fact. Anyone else find this to be true in other places?

Rwy
    Also I think a lot of newer members looking to get color answer questions that everyone knows. So if you have high bf% and cycling or you arent taking an ai you are going to get a flood with the same type of responses

However I have asked so many questions to mods or vets after I popped my head around and go to know people a bit and everyone has always been so helpful to me.

Rwy
    Because I'm very analytical. I was one of the few that could solve the Rubic's cube (remember that?) in under 30 seconds. (today i'd probably fail, as it is a skill that needs practice)

and also because I didn't like political science in college. too many cases to memorize.

brown vs. board of education
    rowe vs. wade

all the memorization gives me a headache.

Accounting just makes sense to me. I intuitively understand it. I am good at accounting, and I'm afraid I'd only be mediocre practicing law.
    lawyers have to be good salesman also!

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member

well, actually, it means

-3 years internship
    -500 hours audit time

---Roman
    The CPA exams are pretty difficult from what my brother has told me. I believe becoming a lawyer is slightly more difficult though. My brother received his Master's degree concurrently with his bachelor's degree in five years and only had a one-year internship. After he took the exams, he became a CPA and works in New York City. Typically it takes 3 years to graduate from law school in addition to the bar exam. Personally, I believe the most difficult fields are theoretical physics and pure mathematics. They aren't the highest paying fields though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    lawyers have to be good salesman also!
    true.

but who in their profession can be successful if they don't know the basics of how to sell?

anytime you ask for a raise, you are attempting to sell yourself to your supervisor on the idea that it is in the companies best interest to give you that raise.

Wouldn't you agree?
    Rwy likes this.

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know much about CMAs though. I assume you had to take similar exams? How were they in comparison to the CPA exams? This will be my last question. I think this is very off-topic from the thread. I messed up one of gb's threads with similar questions, lol.
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 06-06-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information