Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ever look around and notice how fat

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong

I honestly don't know how somebody can go without eating meat, much less call vegan dishes "delicious." Like to me, if there isn't a slab of meat on the table, it's just not a meal.
    It's not easy, that's for sure. Eating vegan is way more difficult than vegetarian, for instance. There could be large or traces of animal oils and stuff you would never even think of. The first year we did it was extremely difficult because I was not at all focused on the health aspects of it and really struggled, ended up eating bags of tortilla chips. But, when we planned out the meals went shopping etc. we really had a great time doing it and substituted a lot of meet with tofu... For breakfast lunch and dinner lol. Had a lot of bean burgers too.

I definitely could not imagine doing it while cycling or bulking though... No way. There were even traces of milk in my protein shake that I had to give up for a week and get this nasty green soy flavorless protein that was absolutely disgusting.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    It's not easy, that's for sure. Eating vegan is way more difficult than vegetarian, for instance. There could be large or traces of animal oils and stuff you would never even think of. The first year we did it was extremely difficult because I was not at all focused on the health aspects of it and really struggled, ended up eating bags of tortilla chips. But, when we planned out the meals went shopping etc. we really had a great time doing it and substituted a lot of meet with tofu... For breakfast lunch and dinner lol. Had a lot of bean burgers too.

I definitely could not imagine doing it while cycling or bulking though... No way. There were even traces of milk in my protein shake that I had to give up for a week and get this nasty green soy flavorless protein that was absolutely disgusting.
    I don't know man, if somebody had tried to feed me a bean burger, I'd probably be in prison right now. More power to you if you can pull off any period of time without meat.

Blog Entries
    Haha.. Like I said, it ain't easy.. Especially when its not your lifestyle. My wife really gets into it, otherwise I would never do it. She loves animals, and we eat so much meat she wants to tribute a week to them by eating vegan. Definitely need your head in the game for it though.

V-ROID is offline Member
    I was raised hunting, a real meat and potatoes kind of guy and have shot and eaten just about everything you can think of. I used to be the same way and could not imagine a meal without meat. Veghead hippies used to piss me off and I just wanted to punch them. lol. Who knows why I stopped really but hard to go back now. It is sad how almost every recipe you see requires some sort of animal to make. I don't think they even know why they add an egg or a splash of milk anymore. I got nothing against meat eating and if I started feeling weak and pasty like a bead sucking hippy I would definitely grill up some skinless chicken tenders! It's been almost 20 years and I still don't have the urge. Weird.

Blog Entries
    It's cool that you have nothing against it though and it's just a personal lifestyle. I know this chick who has always been vegetarian but she went vegan a few years ago, and I recently had to unfriend her from Facebook because I couldn't go on there without seeing some of her posts of skinned animals etc. every day.

V-ROID is offline Member
    Love my leather boots and jacket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information