Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rwy
  • 1 Post By tdoe11
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: House Votes to cut Food Stamps

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

House Votes to cut Food Stamps

By 40 Billion. About ****ing time, and get a ****ing job and be a contributing member of society. The system is so broke. I had a client years back. On social security with a 900k property with no balance getting food stamps.

They used to laugh about it and it irked me. Hope they start reforming unemployment also.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3957509.html
    RaginCajun likes this.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Agree man. See people buy lobster and steak with food stamps and walk out to a Mercedes. Wtf

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    No need for rage bra i was on welfare when i was a kid because we were poor. Most people on assistance payments are there because they need it not because they are lazy. People just assume there lazy because they here stories of a few percent of the actual population of welfare people.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Lazy pieces of crap make a career of lying and cheating/stealing from the government. THEN complain about how things are unfair. I hope hope hope hope they cut food stamps. Sorry for the 5%of people that need/deserve it. The system is broken and Obama is a joke.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic
    No need for rage bra i was on welfare when i was a kid because we were poor. Most people on assistance payments are there because they need it not because they are lazy. People just assume there lazy because they here stories of a few percent of the actual population of welfare people.
    Disagree. I think people abusing the system outweigh the ones who really need it now. Ten years ago the amount of people on government assistance was no where near what it is now. Nowadays it's easy to get handouts and everyone is lazy and feels entitled. After paying taxes, they get less money if they work. There is no incentive to get a job and earn a living.

Fcastle357 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoe11 View Post
    Lazy pieces of crap make a career of lying and cheating/stealing from the government. THEN complain about how things are unfair. I hope hope hope hope they cut food stamps. Sorry for the 5%of people that need/deserve it. The system is broken and Obama is a joke.
    Agreed. For the people that need it I hope things get better. But what is poor now? A t.v. Cell phone and an old car.. The new standard of poor is bullish:t. Food stamps in your designer jeans talking on your cell phone driving in your car. Hmmmm.

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoe11
    The system was around for along time before Obama came into office.

Quote Originally Posted by Fcastle357
    Agreed. For the people that need it I hope things get better. But what is poor now? A t.v. Cell phone and an old car.. The new standard of poor is bullish:t. Food stamps in your designer jeans talking on your cell phone driving in your car. Hmmmm.
    i still don't understand the cell phone thing. Why they need a cell phone? That's crazy.

BIGTIMEPUSH is offline Associate Member
    I moved from Orlando (major city) to Spring Hill (very small town) and have not been able to find a job, weather its I'm too qualified or no experience it a certain field. I have been unemployed for four months now, and I will never go on assistance if it ever gets that bad where I need money I will bite the bullet and work in an undesirable field like fast food or even wally world (wallmart.) My dad has instilled a rule, and that is I will live off myself and no one else I will owe nothing to anyone because I will achieve everything I have and own by myself.... I understand there are a few that physically cant work and that is another assistance (disability), If you need assistance find a job. If that job doesn't pay enough for your four children then maybe you made a bad choice in having too many kids. When I live in Ohio I lived next to a family who had another kid to get more money from the government... Words out of the guy's mouth, WTF??? The system has been taken advantage of and needs to change... My .02

If for some reason someone has to go on assistance and are able to work they should be drug tested and have a set time to get their shit straight, say 2 years and that's still to long. Totally agree on disability, something you can't help.

Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985
    The system was around for along time before Obama came into office.
    I agree. But when Obama took office the % of people on government assistance was in the low 20's. Now it is almost 50%. Welfare spending has increased almost 40% to under Obama office to.

I have DEFINITELY seen a HUGE increase in government assistance in my town. Everyone is on it, every store has a friggin we accept EBT sign in the window. None of this was happening 5 years ago. Call me crazy but if you are on EBT you should NOT be able to eat fast food for free every night, go to convenience stores for snacks and sodas, have a free cell phone, rent etc etc.

There is a percentage of people who legitimately need assistance. I get it. I was homeless at one point, strung out and life was terrible. But I pulled my head out of my butt years ago, now I own two businesses and am doing just fine.

call me crazy but if you are a perfectly healthy man you should shut up get a job and provide for your family. I don't see "government assistance" anywhere in there. And......don't give me the excuse there is no work. I am covered in tattoos head to toe, and I ALWAYS had work. People are lazy turds and our slimy government gives them a free ride.

The system has been around before Obama but lets see if we can find some data on the increase of people on government assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fcastle357
    The system has been around before Obama but lets see if we can find some data on the increase of people on government assistance.
    Look it up you will be shocked.

Look it up you will be shocked.
    I believe it. I'm just to lazy to post it. Thought it would be good for all the Obama fans to see it.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    The Iraq war costs the American family $100/month.

Obamas increase in government assistance reached as high as $638/month in 2010.

More statistics are here http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/ob...-study-reveals

I'm not going to post the whole site
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    The Iraq war costs the American family $100/month.

Obamas increase in government assistance reached as high as $638/month in 2010.

More statistics are here http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/ob...-study-reveals

I'm not going to post the whole site
    Nice. Good stuff.

Bush spent 622 billion the entire time he was in office on the Iraq war. Obama spent 888 billion in one year on the welfare Program. WOAH. wow. If that doesn't tell you something you need to take the cotton out of your ears.

Years of an entire war across the world with thousands of soldiers depending on you cost 266 billion LESS than one year of obamas welfare program? Explain this one Obama supporters
    Euroholic likes this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Bush spent 622 billion the entire time he was in office on the Iraq war. Obama spent 888 billion in one year on the welfare Program. WOAH. wow. If that doesn't tell you something you need to take the cotton out of your ears.

Years of an entire war across the world with thousands of soldiers depending on you cost 266 billion LESS than one year of obamas welfare program? Explain this one Obama supporters
    Jesus!!!!! That sounds nuts... Were are some facts for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic
    Directly from CNN. Click on the link above!

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    All you have to look at is the national debt. It increased a little under $5 trillion in Bush's 8yrs in office. It's already increased more than $7 trillion under Obama in less than 5yrs and most of that is government programs and bogus stimulus efforts.

DecaKid is offline Banned
    One of my best friends is 20 years old and he has a baby with his 19 year old wife. He works 40 hours a week and is working on a business degree simultaneously. Without food stamps, these kids would have a very tough time paying for baby formula and the food that they need to live on.

I know it is a flawed system, but sometimes i am glad that these safeguards are in place to help people who need a little boost

Quote Originally Posted by DecaKid
    One of my best friends is 20 years old and he has a baby with his 19 year old wife. He works 40 hours a week and is working on a business degree simultaneously. Without food stamps, these kids would have a very tough time paying for baby formula and the food that they need to live on. I know it is a flawed system, but sometimes i am glad that these safeguards are in place to help people who need a little boost
    People like him that are trying
    To better them self is what the program is supposed to be for. Unfortunately The people I regularly see don't resemble your friend.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoe11
    People like him that are trying To better them self is what the program is supposed to be for. Unfortunately The people I regularly see don't resemble your friend.
    Correct

Like my wife Ex. He is with a new chick that they had 3 kids over the last 4 years and on assistance!! Not even trying to work!! But good enough to fùck and make more kids

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    All you have to look at is the national debt. It increased a little under $5 trillion in Bush's 8yrs in office. It's already increased more than $7 trillion under Obama in less than 5yrs and most of that is government programs and bogus stimulus efforts.
    Yeah, but under Obama's watch, the government increased revenue from taxes by a lot. So that's kind of like a fat guy buying a bigger pair of pants and then trying to claim he's losing weight because of how big the pants are on him.

The majority of people on food stamps, believe it or not, are the working poor. That $9 an hour factory job isn't enough to live on. Wallyworld isn't paying a living wage either. Meanwhile a lot of these corporations are turning massive profits. Of course they are. They're dicking over their workers and then they expect YOU to pay the difference.

Walmart wants you to buy their crappy Chinese-made merchandise. So instead of paying their employees in the store living wages, they pay them next to nothing and then cut the prices.

So when you see that blender for $9.99, it's not really $9.99. It actually costs more. They just forced you to pay the difference in taxes in order to subsidize their labour costs.

And Walmart isn't the only one to do this, they're just the easier target. Everybody who doesn't pay a living wage is doing this.
    evander87 likes this.

Megalodon6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    i still don't understand the cell phone thing. Why they need a cell phone? That's crazy.
    The cell phone thing is completely retarded. But to op you're always going to have lazy useless people that are going to find loop holes and take advantage of everyone that does work. But it does suck for the people that do need those s.o.b.s are going to ruin it for them

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Was talking about this yeaterday.

It is completely F**ked. But why not make these people work fo their wefare or unemployment.

Like picking up trash on the freeway, cleaning up city parks or similar? I dont get it. Just give it to them?

In Nevada, the average wefare receipiant makes over $30K a year. Why get a job for minimum wage if you get that kind of "assistance'

It is absolutely disgusting.

Reason for this:

If you are dependant on the government for food, you will not rise up against them. "Dont bite the hand that feeds you"

That is their plan, and reasoning.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    They could cut down on a lot of government aid if they would drug test anyone who is getting any government assistance at all. Food stamps, welfare, disability...you name it.

Unemployment is an insurance paid by the company you work for, the government extensions should not have been there but actual unemployment insurance is there for a reason. Especially for those who work seasonal construction. Those who build this country from dirt cannot work year round because of climates. That's one of the reasons unemployment insurance is there. No different than crop insurance for farmers.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Yeah, but under Obama's watch, the government increased revenue from taxes by a lot. So that's kind of like a fat guy buying a bigger pair of pants and then trying to claim he's losing weight because of how big the pants are on him.
    The U.S. government collected more money this past year than it has in it's history, yet the debt will increase this year by right around $1 trillion. And they will collect a little more next year and will spend more than they did this year, far more than the difference in the increase in taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    Was talking about this yeaterday.

It is completely F**ked. But why not make these people work fo their wefare or unemployment.

Like picking up trash on the freeway, cleaning up city parks or similar? I dont get it. Just give it to them?

In Nevada, the average wefare receipiant makes over $30K a year. Why get a job for minimum wage if you get that kind of "assistance'

It is absolutely disgusting.

Reason for this:

If you are dependant on the government for food, you will not rise up against them. "Dont bite the hand that feeds you"

That is their plan, and reasoning.
    Most recipients of welfare and other relief are people who do work. According to congressman Alan Grayson, the average Walmart associate in the United States receives $1000 in public assistance from the tax payers. And mind you, they're not the only company in the country that exploits labour while at the same time rips off tax payers. Basically, any company that doesn't pay a living wage to their employee is contributing to this problem.

People need at a minimum a roof over their head, food in their belly and a means to get to work everyday so that they can continue the cycle. It's impossible to achieve these with the wages that these companies are paying their labour. And their workers need those basic things in order to survive.

So to prevent an entire collapse of the system we have in place, the government gives out public assistance to these workers. And let's face it, if they didn't and all these workers starved off, who would you have to sell you your cheap iPhones and other items?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    The U.S. government collected more money this past year than it has in it's history, yet the debt will increase this year by right around $1 trillion. And they will collect a little more next year and will spend more than they did this year, far more than the difference in the increase in taxes.
    That's kind of what I was getting at.

Rwy
    Too many Americans are too good for so much. Fast food places are always hiring.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by DecaKid View Post
    One of my best friends is 20 years old and he has a baby with his 19 year old wife. He works 40 hours a week and is working on a business degree simultaneously. Without food stamps, these kids would have a very tough time paying for baby formula and the food that they need to live on.

I know it is a flawed system, but sometimes i am glad that these safeguards are in place to help people who need a little boost
    He should not have had a kid and he should have been more responsible. Thast the truth.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy
    He should not have had a kid and he should have been more responsible. Thast the truth.
    Agree. Buying a car and having a kid are both expenses. Neither of which I am responsible for.

nevertilt is offline Junior Member
    Agreed sauce.

Thread Information