Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno
My wife is also Buddhist but does not push anything on anyone. I grew up going to church but it was a horrible experience that ruined my faith and I now do not believe in the bible.

I enjoy going to temple every now and again and have meditated with monks, friends and strangers many times, but I agree - pushing a belief system on someone does nothing but light the fire that has escalated to full blown wars over the past several thousand years all across the world.

My youngest daughter expressed interest in going to church with out neighbors who are friends of outs and she hangs out with their daughter. Inside, I did not want her to go, but I let her, because she (just like all of us) needs to figure out what is going to give her peace and life. And if she finds peace through faith in God, then that is what I want for her. I personally do not have that type of faith, but I truly wish I did.
Oddly enough, I spent several years studying at a seminary in Canada before my passion for medicine took hold of me. I have gone to Temple with my HAW a few times - unfortunately I never understand anything said since its in Vietnamese.

I've tried meditating. I wish I could master that but I always fall asleep. Lol