Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Well that was an eventful

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member

Well that was an eventful

Weekend. Yesterday was my good friends birthday so I called up to him to give him birthday present and talk about general crap etc.

So his dad was in the house and decided to clean the upper level windows. Long story short he managed to fall out of the window while streching as he was cleaning one window as the clothe slipped he jolted to catch it and fell out landed on concrete below.

It was just myself and my buddy in the house I couldn't believe what happend for a second I thought it wasn't actually real then it clicked and the two of us jumped from the couches in the living room called an ambulance supported his head leave him in the recovery position and wait for the ambulance.

So a day later with news that his elbow is shattered completely, one side pelvis is fractured and surgery later.

What I have learned is I am never cleaning windows poor guy won't be right for 10-12 weeks they are saying awful stuff tbh

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI
    Weekend. Yesterday was my good friends birthday so I called up to him to give him birthday present and talk about general crap etc.

So his dad was in the house and decided to clean the upper level windows. Long story short he managed to fall out of the window while streching as he was cleaning one window as the clothe slipped he jolted to catch it and fell out landed on concrete below.

It was just myself and my buddy in the house I couldn't believe what happend for a second I thought it wasn't actually real then it clicked and the two of us jumped from the couches in the living room called an ambulance supported his head leave him in the recovery position and wait for the ambulance.

So a day later with news that his elbow is shattered completely, one side pelvis is fractured and surgery later.

What I have learned is I am never cleaning windows poor guy won't be right for 10-12 weeks they are saying awful stuff tbh
    He's fortunate to not have a closed head injury or even worst. I met a man who is paralyzed from waist down after falling from the roof of a one story house. He shared that he was inspecting his handy work of laying a new roof and was gun sighting shingle alignment. One step backwards and down he went.

Luckily you and op were there to quickly respond.

DCI
    Yeh thankfully there was people home. Was a long aul day tbh but glad nothing else really bad happend he luckily broke his fall with his arm elbow, instead of his head.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    DAMN that sucks. I remember as a kid a friend of mine fell from a tree house that was 50 ft up. He slip/slipped down a rope a good part of it but fee fall at least 20 ft. I didnt think it was real either for a few seconds. He recovered but was messed up for a while.

I have been on the roof of my house many times putting up Christmas lights and such. It's always on my mind that one slip and I'm down. I always try to imagine how and where I would land if it happened. My New house I think I'm passing on hanging the lights since it's a tall 2 story...

Glad to hear he is going to recuperate.
    DCI likes this.

DCI
    Myself and my friend have a mutual friend that is paralysed on his right lower side due to falling exactly how you said above.

To be honest his Dad only fell about 10 foot of a drop but the biggest issue was the momentum he carried and the fact he landed on concrete too was awful thud too. Still can see him tumbling and then landing from the window

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Lucky he's alive.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sucks but he'll recover. Gotta enjoy health and be grateful everyday.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Sucks but he'll recover. Gotta enjoy health and be grateful everyday.
    Naa, we all forget eventually and do dumb sh*t again. I have had my life hanging by a thread plenty of times and for some reason keep doing stuff to put myself at risk. Hell if you dont it's not really living, right???

DCI
    Lol lb that is true but I'll stick to cars lol window cleaning is clearly more dangerous

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I can't die skydiving if I don't jump out of a plane....... Haha

I used to do risky shit but not anymore. When I was working in electrical there was a company installing windows in a NYC building. The window Wasnt installed yet but there was a guy prepping the frame I guess. He went out of the window and hung on with one hand while working with the other. His weight was back and the only thing keeping him there was that hand. No safety harness...... I told him he was a nut job. One accidentally slip or loss of grip and there goes your life...... Down a 30 story drain
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

DCI
    Now that is madness dping that? I'm not a mad fan of heights so even thinking of doing that gives me the jitters

Thread Information