Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By system admin
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 2 Post By Metalject

Thread: Prohormone Ban Update *Rick Collins*

system admin is offline Owner

Prohormone Ban Update *Rick Collins*

Guys,

Here is an update from Rick Collins with steroidlaw.com. Rick is a well known steroid lawyer who is up to speed on all things related to steroids .

It seems that when the president signs the law, they will immediately become illegal to posses, sell, or manufacture and you can be arrested for them if caught the DAY the president signs this into law. (1-5 days from today)

New Steroid Law Passed by Congress! | SteroidLaw.com

Yesterday, the long-awaited Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act (DASCA) of 2014 was passed by Congress. You can read the text of the bill here. The Senate unanimously adopted the House version of the bill, sending the legislation to the President’s desk for his signature. Once signed, the new law will change the federal steroid statute to add numerous existing compounds marketed as “prohormone” dietary supplements to the list of Schedule III controlled substances and change the way future steroidal substances can be classified.

Intended to “protect consumers from potentially dangerous anabolic steroids falsely marketed as dietary supplements” (CRN announced the passing of the law in consumer protection terms), DASCA does so by classifying prohormone compounds into Schedule III of the Controlled Substances Act.

DASCA changes the way unlisted steroidal compounds are dealt with regarding marketing. It says that “a drug or hormonal substance (other than estrogens, progestins, corticosteroids, and dehydroepiandrosterone) that is not listed … and is derived from, or has a chemical structure substantially similar to, 1 or more [listed] anabolic steroids [is considered an anabolic steroid] if … [it] has been created or manufactured with the intent of [promoting muscle growth or having pharmacological effects like testosterone or] has been, or is intended to be, marketed or otherwise promoted [to suggest it will promote muscle growth or have pharmacological effects like testosterone].

DASCA introduces a whole new theory by which to prosecute steroid cases by making it a crime to import, export, manufacture, distribute, dispense, sell, offer to sell, or possess with intent to manufacture or sell any anabolic steroid, or any product containing an anabolic steroid, unless it bears a label clearly identifying the anabolic steroid by accepted (IUPAC) nomenclature. This provision would apply to manufacturers who use deceptive or “creative” ingredient labeling to conceal that the product is an anabolic steroid. It would also apply to distributors and retailers who know, intend, or have reasonable cause to believe that the product contains an anabolic steroid. Criminal penalties can be up to 10 years imprisonment and massive fines (up to $2.5 million on corporations). Civil penalties can be up to $500,000 per product violation for importers, exporters, manufacturers and distributors. Even retailers can be hit with a $25,000 penalty per product violation (and each package size, form, or differently labeled item is a separate product).

There is no “grace period” in the bill, so that if signed by the President the new law will become effective immediately. Consumers who recently bought these products and have them in their possession can be arrested and prosecuted as federal drug offenders. Supplement companies and distributors with remaining stock to sell will be subject to trafficking charges.

The federal law will apply nationwide. Whether individual state legislatures will also amend their laws to conform to the new federal law remains to be seen.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I've been waiting to read Collins' comments on this. Thanks for the link!!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I haven't no doubt it will be signed. Anything to hurt the US public will get through easily. You woukd think this was about rape or murder. Just a little over the top.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Yeah, I think I've had enough of America and all this "change" that Obama promised.

Who would have thought that 1 man could tear down America so fast? I ABSOLUTELY understand why liberals want to help and support other Americans, however its just not financially possible and it leads our society to be lazy and entitled. Oh well...

Roll with the punches because our government has shown that they dont really give a sh!t about anything but themselves and they are most definitely not looking out for us. Republican and Democrat alike.
    almostgone and RaginCajun like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    Who would have thought that 1 man could tear down America so fast? I ABSOLUTELY understand why liberals want to help and support other Americans, however its just not financially possible and it leads our society to be lazy and entitled. Oh well... Roll with the punches because our government has shown that they dont really give a sh!t about anything but themselves and they are most definitely not looking out for us. Republican and Democrat alike.
    This about sums up exactly the nation that we currently live in & what we have to work with

Not a damn thing we can do about it

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Just like that movie Judge Dredd

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Just like that movie Judge Dredd
    I knew you were going to say that!
    RaginCajun likes this.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    This about sums up exactly the nation that we currently live in & what we have to work with

Not a damn thing we can do about it
    I disagree that there's nothing we can do about it. We choose to do nothing about it and our government has become accustomed to us viewing ourselves helpless.

The entire basis of this country was every day men standing up against an oppressive government, and what they faced was far more tyrannical than what we face. It only takes men standing up and saying its enough, you cannot have my freedom and then not bending on the issue. But we've been brainwashed into thinking we're helpless, the common response is "the government has the military." But no ones saying you have to stand toe to toe with tanks. We still hold the most powerful playing card, we can decide who will stand in office for us. And if enough people ever realize this, and maybe that means missing a few football games and nights out with your bros (heaven forbid) then the word "change" would actually mean something positive.
    DrewZ and AllKindsOGains like this.

What your saying sounds good Metal, but with all of the handouts we give the uneducated and uncaring public, the battle is almost useless. Its not going to get better until we hit bottom in this country. Sorry, but Ive already lost hope. Look around.

Thread Information