Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By jimmyinkedup
  • 2 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Started taking Zoloft and couldn't finish during sex. UGH

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Started taking Zoloft and couldn't finish during sex. UGH

So, I've been having some mental health issues and decided to get some help. I've seen 3 separate doctors and was first diagnosed with ADHD and depression. The 3rd doctor felt that the ADHD signs were carry-overs of the Anxiety and depression and decided a low dosage of Zoloft would be my best bet. He said that it could cause me to take longer to climax blah blah blah. I started taking it on Tuesday at only 25mg/day. I'm only on day 3 and not sure how I feel about it. I'm def. more tired and feel like my mind isn't racing like it usually does so I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Anyways, tonight while having sex with my life I couldn't finish no matter how hard I tried. Not sure if it is just a side I'm experiencing right now and will subside but I was unable to finish and had to stop. This has never happened before.

Curious if anyone else on Zoloft has or has had this problem?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Very briefly b/c of dizziness...

But it should take up to 2wks to even start to feel anything... Could it possibly be that it's psycological now(that happened to me)... Also are you on?

Lexapro works for me at a very low dose(and it's for mood stabilization w/my anxiety Meds they work together like so... Best of luck Pistol!

It was def. related to the meds. I did some research online and found a ton of threads where people had the same problem. Most said it leveled out after a week or two. The other sides could be placebo effects but the tiredness is def. related. I'm also not ON right now except for my TRT.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    About 7-8 years ago I was prescribed Lexapro at just 10mg and I could not get a nut if my life depended on it. Dr said it may work itself out in about 2-3 weeks, it didnt. I stopped taking it. Thought I was suffering anxiety till i went like a month+ with hours upon hours of sex with not one orgasm - THAT was anxiety inducing.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    About 7-8 years ago I was prescribed Lexapro at just 10mg and I could not get a nut if my life depended on it. Dr said it may work itself out in about 2-3 weeks, it didnt. I stopped taking it. Thought I was suffering anxiety till i went like a month+ with hours upon hours of sex with not one orgasm - THAT was anxiety inducing.
    Very similar to my situation Jimmy(anxiety induced)! Except I can nut and climax very well

Holly shit.... I would rather have the stress and anxiety I've been feeling than to go a month without nutting. That would be pure torture. Plus, my wife was a bit upset because that's never happened before. I explained it was from the meds and would level out. Last thing I want is for her thinking she can't make me finish.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    Holly shit.... I would rather have the stress and anxiety I've been feeling than to go a month without nutting. That would be pure torture. Plus, my wife was a bit upset because that's never happened before. I explained it was from the meds and would level out. Last thing I want is for her thinking she can't make me finish.

The whole other can of worms the issue opened up, insecurity in an already tenuous situation, causing more anxiety. Im cringing recalling the entire situation.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    If it's anxiety induced which it sounds like..... I think that you will not level off(in my experiences If I couldnt nut or took very long it didn't ever get better but rather kinda worse) could be psychological or the Meds or both...

I would tell your doc the issues and see if there's another way... Just a thought! It took me a while to find something that worked....

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Paxil is worse...

the only counter to Paxil (since i did the research on it_) is Bupropion - Wellbutrin

the search you are looking for is how to reverse sexual side effects of xyz.....
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    SSRIs are notorious for this. They're sometimes prescribed to treat premature ejaculation.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 04-17-2015 at 09:50 AM.

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    I'm on sertraline (generic) and no issues with that at 100mg a day. Tried paxil first and that's a damn nightmare. Usually takes a few weeks for it to effect your system like that though, from what I've read.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    My helper at work was put on it for the past three weeks. It screwed him up so bad that he had to drop it.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Blog Entries
    that sounds like pure hell brother I couldn't imagine not climaxing...

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    My gf takes it for years, lets say I have to work real hard to make her cum.
    So I finnaly convinced her to drop it, after a week I was begging her to restart it lol
    NACH3 and lovbyts like this.

swansong is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    SSRIs are notorious for this. They're sometimes prescribed to treat premature ejaculation.
    I have been all all the SSRI's and they are all notorious for preventing erections and ejaculation. These meds also intensified my insomnia and anxiety.

I talked my doctor to and he put me on the older tri-cyclic medications. These meds are older but they don't cause sex side effects and they are great if you have insomnia.

In addition if you need a med to get boners on while on other bad anti-depressants, then try trazodone. It is an older medication and you will be getting boners all day long. In fact I had to stop trazodone because of all the boners.

Thread Information