• 1 Post By Sfla80
  • 1 Post By novastepp
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By Sfla80
  • 1 Post By marcus300

Thread: **Guys I need some advice **

Bodacious is offline Productive Member

**Guys I need some advice **

Well I am half way through week 11 of my 12 week cycle and I don't know what to do. It just seems like I have been hurting stuff the last week and half. I have read that you should only do HIT style training 6 to 8 weeks. I just didn't want to have a pull back on cycle and have tried to push through it. Well today it got me good. Hurt my lower back pretty good on leg press(already have some back problems). I think I went down to far and it just popped. I can walk and still move but differently hurt something.

So where I need help is...I have made great gains in size and strength. How do I need to do this so I can't keep what I worked hard to get. I worked my ass off and don't want to lose it. So please help here. I don't even know where to start or what to do.

Thanks guys for the help.

212OlympiaBound is offline Associate Member
    If you don't want to get hurt, don't lift heavy.

For safety reasons, I don't think bench should go any heavier than something you can do for three sets of 12. Say your max is a little past 500; you shouldn't be lifting much more than 365 ever.

Leg press, don't go heavier than something you can do for a good 20 reps. I also tend to use the same 20-rep rule for mil press.

Not exactly sure what "HIT" training is. Just keep it light and high volume unless you're a powerlifter.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 212OlympiaBound
    If you don't want to get hurt, don't lift heavy. For safety reasons, I don't think bench should go any heavier than something you can do for three sets of 12. Say your max is a little past 500; you shouldn't be lifting much more than 365 ever. Leg press, don't go heavier than something you can do for a good 20 reps. I also tend to use the same 20-rep rule for mil press. Not exactly sure what "HIT" training is. Just keep it light and high volume unless you're a powerlifter.
    HIT training builds mass. Takes your muscles to failure and then beyond to hit the deepest fibers. It uses different techniques to completely fail the muscle. Most can't train like that at all let alone for six weeks.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    HIT training builds mass. Takes your muscles to failure and then beyond to hit the deepest fibers. It uses different techniques to completely fail the muscle. Most can't train like that at all let alone for six weeks.
    Thanks Haz... it's the only way to train!!! I am a firm believer in it.

Just got a set back and need to re group.

Haz what do you think I should do. I didn't want to have a pull back on cycle. The first 3 weeks I'm not even counting that toward HIT training because I was still learning.

I have never taken more than 3 days off in a row. Even on vacation and stuff. I usually do some kind of workouts.

Tomorrow is my last pin for week 11. I don't know if I should go ahead and pin tomorrow then start PCT. Or wait and do nothing at all till Monday(Go ahead and pin tomorrow) and see how I feel. If I feel good then just add another week to it.

I am lost.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious
    Thanks Haz... it's the only way to train!!! I am a firm believer in it. Just got a set back and need to re group. Haz what do you think I should do. I didn't want to have a pull back on cycle. The first 3 weeks I'm not even counting that toward HIT training because I was still learning. I have never taken more than 3 days off in a row. Even on vacation and stuff. I usually do some kind of workouts.
    Remember this...... You don't grow in the gym. You grow when you're sleeping.

Listen to your body..... If you feel like you need rest - stay home and rest. It's those times when you ignore your body that you get injured.

I'm changing my view on cycling. 12 weeks anymore is too long. I've been slowly converting to short burst cycling. This falls more in line with HIT style training anyways.....
    Bodacious likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Remember this...... You don't grow in the gym. You grow when you're sleeping.

Listen to your body..... If you feel like you need rest - stay home and rest. It's those times when you ignore your body that you get injured.

I'm changing my view on cycling. 12 weeks anymore is too long. I've been slowly converting to short burst cycling. This falls more in line with HIT style training anyways.....
    Thanks man.

Think I should pull the plug on the cycle or should I pin tomorroe and rest till Monday and see how I feel.

Resting for 5 days doing nothing on cycle I would think it would hurt me? Still learning here.

I need to learn how to rest.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Bod man I understand your frustration. But your body is telling you it needs rest, and repeat injuries are a sure sign that you need to pull back and give yourself time to heal and recover.

It's a tough pill to swallow, but your health and long term wellness are way more important than the short term urgency of getting in the gym.

Whether or not you decide to stop now and drop to trt or finish out, it's only a variance of a week either way so it doesn't really make too much of a difference imo.

The #1 most important thing you can do at this point is allow yourself to heal and to keep your diet in check. You'll be back in the swing in no time. And when you do get back in the swing, remember to ease into it and ramp up to HIT as opposed to jumping right in.

You'll be good man just keep close to the board and work through it. It will all shake out but it can seem like it takes forever when your nursing multiple injuries. It's like watching paint dry.
    Bodacious likes this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Pull back bod.

Pin your last pin tomorrow...it's already in your head. Not gonna hurt or help either way.

A pull back won't lose gains on. Ask nach he actually loves his pull backs.

Pull back are just hard to get in the right mind frame of going to failure BUT NOT beyond failure.

It will shock your body. And get you ready for pct....as in pct should be plenty of rest and initially a pull back during pct to help u recover anyways.

Hope this makes sense
    Bodacious likes this.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    You are answering your own question. You need to pull back. And from the sound of things, you need a significant amount of rest.

If you don't listen to your body, you will get hurt, more than you are now. Not being able to lift due to injury is where you're headed if you don't rest.

Take the time to fix your issues now before they become bigger, serious problems.

Just remember that taking a week, off to rest, eat, sleep, and grow IS making progress!
    Bodacious likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    Well I am half way through week 11 of my 12 week cycle and I don't know what to do. It just seems like I have been hurting stuff the last week and half. I have read that you should only do HIT style training 6 to 8 weeks. I just didn't want to have a pull back on cycle and have tried to push through it. Well today it got me good. Hurt my lower back pretty good on leg press(already have some back problems). I think I went down to far and it just popped. I can walk and still move but differently hurt something.

So where I need help is...I have made great gains in size and strength. How do I need to do this so I can't keep what I worked hard to get. I worked my ass off and don't want to lose it. So please help here. I don't even know where to start or what to do.

Thanks guys for the help.
    Its near enough impossible to train HIT for 12 weeks and if you are your not training true HIT.

Its extremely stressful to the body and produces large amounts of growth but you cant put this kind of torture onto the body day in day out for weeks on end.

You need to rest, recovery and repair and you really need to be looking at around 6 weeks for a pullback and if your new to this kind of training I would look at 4 weeks to pullback for 7-10 days.

You can actually grow in the pullback did you know that?

You need to rest and recover your injury

check my thread out for tips on pullback weeks and keeping gains
    Bodacious likes this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

Its near enough impossible to train HIT for 12 weeks and if you are your not training true HIT.

Its extremely stressful to the body and produces large amounts of growth but you cant put this kind of torture onto the body day in day out for weeks on end.

You need to rest, recovery and repair and you really need to be looking at around 6 weeks for a pullback and if your new to this kind of training I would look at 4 weeks to pullback for 7-10 days.

You can actually grow in the pullback did you know that?

You need to rest and recover your injury

check my thread out for tips on pullback weeks and keeping gains
    Marcus maybe u can mention your strategy on your pct training too for him too? Basically a pull back also correct?
    marcus300 likes this.

Thanks everyone for the help. Sorry its taken sometime to reply back. I was at my uncles funeral. On my way to my moms now.

Marcus I will say I wasn't training true HIT the first 3 weeks because I was learning it and teaching my mind. I will say for the last 7 weeks. I have busted my ass. I gave it 110 percent if it was true HIT or not. It was all I had at that time. So I would say maybe 6 to 7 weeks thinking about it.

Thanks everyone that has helped me throughout all of this.

So should I just rest for a few days?? Do nothing at all??

Will get back on tonight once I get home from my moms. Thanks again guys.
    Last edited by Bodacious; 12-08-2015 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help. Sorry its taken sometime to reply back. I was at my uncles funeral. On my way to my moms now.

Marcus I will say I wasn't training true HIT the first 3 weeks because I was learning it and teaching my mind. I will say for the last 7 weeks. I have busted my ass. I gave it 110 percent if it was true HIT or not. It was all I had at that time. So I would say maybe 6 to 7 weeks thinking about it.

Thanks everyone that has helped me throughout all of this.

So should I just rest for a few days?? Do nothing at all??

Will get back on tonight once I get home from my moms. Thanks again guys.
    I replied to your om mate

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Marcus maybe u can mention your strategy on your pct training too for him too? Basically a pull back also correct?
    good idea

link in my signature
    Bodacious likes this.

RickyReed is offline New Member
    All the thing's that are being told to you are right on the money , and I was right in your shoes kind of. I am a lineman for the power company where I live, so you have to have your mind on what is in front and just basically where you are anddyour surroundings. I have been shocked 3 times one the first one was 23000 volts second was 13.8000 volts and last onewas 24,000 volts.All the gys say I am slow and I disagree with them. It is not in anyway that they are tame enoughfor me to hold th!m and mae them my buddy. I have seniordiscount please andit has done great so we can go home. Be so very happy when I call HR and get Irien , over customer service . I have been here for one year and I guess close to 4 months. Now that should count for something, I check the lot every time there is nothing to and when there is nothing to do they should pick cinnamon for the payment time. Now I feel I I always tell and ask all the customer's how they are doing and see if I could except the newe tpaper. Now you have a fantastic rest of your day and checet you everynone have a wonderful holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information