Like Tree1070Likes

Thread: Extreme Lifestyle with Bio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    thanks brother... I changed it up a little. I usually do those skull crushers to start off but my arms are on fire. I'll hit those skull crushers next week.
    I see... Those pushdowns(both rev/and reg) have always served me well(and I'd rather do the rev grip w/one arm)... Found tha the farther you start away from cable, when reached failure... Just take a step in and you can manipulate using the same weight and change the angle of movement by stepping in and use it as a drop set...

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    I see... Those pushdowns(both rev/and reg) have always served me well(and I'd rather do the rev grip w/one arm)... Found tha the farther you start away from cable, when reached failure... Just take a step in and you can manipulate using the same weight and change the angle of movement by stepping in and use it as a drop set...
    you put that tension at the end of the movement and it makes a great finisher!

5.75 oz grilled chicken breast and greens

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    you put that tension at the end of the movement and it makes a great finisher!

5.75 oz grilled chicken breast and greens
    Yessir! I've been ending tris w/the rev one hand tri ext in the above fashion for 2w sets but w/a DD in both(only one set when going true HIT - heavy) but I like burning out with them and the hammer grip tri pushdowns...

Ground beef(93/7) sweet potato green beans

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Yessir! I've been ending tris w/the rev one hand tri ext in the above fashion for 2w sets but w/a DD in both(only one set when going true HIT - heavy) but I like burning out with them and the hammer grip tri pushdowns... Ground beef(93/7) sweet potato green beans
    keep your body upright and spine straight and it really ISO's

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    7 extra lg eggs, whole wheat waffles(blueberry plain)

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    What a trip. I do the exact same thing. One armed reverse grip tricep cable. I have never seen anyone else do them, you're the first person I have ever heard say you do it. it has worked wonders for my triceps. They used to be my worst part, way behind the development of the rest of me. I looked stupid with a 50 inch chest and 15" arms. mostly biceps. So I hit triceps HARD for about 6 months. Now they are overpowering my biceps which is how it should be... the tricep is 3/4 of your arm. Close grip bench also put on a lot of meat, but my favorite for mass is the reverse grip cable pushdown.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    What a trip. I do the exact same thing. One armed reverse grip tricep cable. I have never seen anyone else do them, you're the first person I have ever heard say you do it. it has worked wonders for my triceps. They used to be my worst part, way behind the development of the rest of me. I looked stupid with a 50 inch chest and 15" arms. mostly biceps. So I hit triceps HARD for about 6 months. Now they are overpowering my biceps which is how it should be... the tricep is 3/4 of your arm. Close grip bench also put on a lot of meat, but my favorite for mass is the reverse grip cable pushdown.
    Yeah... Do you do them standing back too(to where your elbow and you holding the grip is at a 90* angle) then take the steps in to drop set with the same weight... It's awesome and it's hitting/nailing the lateral head(short head) which gives that angle out and widening the tris from a straight on look!

Ps - I believe tris are 3/5ths of the total arm lolol

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Yeah... Do you do them standing back too(to where your elbow and you holding the grip is at a 90* angle) then take the steps in to drop set with the same weight... It's awesome and it's hitting/nailing the lateral head(short head) which gives that angle out and widening the tris from a straight on look!

Ps - I believe tris are 3/5ths of the total arm lolol
    Fukin technical. LOL. yes by muscle count they are. I stand corrected.

I'm not sure what you're describing here but it sounds interesting. Holding the grip at a 90° angle while standing back? I may need a sketch of this or some kind of illustration. Sounds interesting and I'd love to try it if I can grasp what you are explaining.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    Fukin technical. LOL. yes by muscle count they are. I stand corrected.

I'm not sure what you're describing here but it sounds interesting. Holding the grip at a 90° angle while standing back? I may need a sketch of this or some kind of illustration. Sounds interesting and I'd love to try it if I can grasp what you are explaining.
    Yeah it's cool you can use the same weight to actually do a drop set by starting in the hardest position -
    Think of a one arm rev tri extension stand back far enough to where your elbow and hand w/attachment are at 90* then start - when you hit failure take one big step in go beyond failure ten one more step in and you'll stay within 1-3 reps on those Drops

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Protein bomb - 1.5c liq egg whites, oats(1c), 2scoops ONGS, water(1/2c)

Thread Information