Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Dopamine Deficiency / easily borred / demotivated?

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 05:56 PM.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not just B12, but methylB12. It remethylates homocysteine into adomet, which is used by the body for many functions, including getting rid of histamine, however if your already low in histamine it will deplete it further. It's a neurotrasmitter implicated in wakefullness, inflammation and immune response.

Adomet will also boost serotonin a bit...

delete

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    I dont think Im low in histamines, as lately Im taking some antihistamines to aid with the skin rash issues I have been having, seems like it is helping a bit. however the less I care of skinn problems, ignore them, they seem to take care of themselves, paradox.

I gotta review if I need any choline if Im not getting enough of it from my diet already. Getting some TAU to experiment on iherb.com
    Egg yolks are the most rich source. I eat them on a daily basis.

High serotonin might also induce sleepiness. Adomet will help convert it to melatonin.

delete

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Get up when the sun rises, take yourself outside in the sun, and get some sun in your eyes (no glasses or contacts) and on your skin and stand in the grass in your bare feet, even when it is cold. This morning light exposures increases your dopamine naturally, and the negative charge from the earth helps to reduce inflammation. As a bonus, the light also lowers cortisol, which increases the amount of substrate your body has to make testosterone .

Low dopamine and low vitamin D go hand in hand further hinting at a connection with sunlight. You need good dopamine levels in order to make good choices in your life - and then your good decisions are self reinforcing and beget more good decisions.

I've been living like this (making an effort to get more hormone signaling via light) for about 9 months, and have stopped every substance I have played with except for my thyroid replacement, and in spite of taking on a very stressful project I sleep better and feel great, and my bloods look impeccable. I'm increasingly thinking that we have separated ourselves from our natural state of waking in light and sleeping in dark (instead of flooding our eyes with blue light all night when we look at screens, effectively telling our brains is it daytime), and I think it's playing havoc with our hormones.

It's not a quick fix, but I like it so much better than injecting something, then taking something else in order to counteract an effect of the thing I injected, and the infinite cycle of supplements and chemicals.
    Mr.BB and hammerheart like this.

I find the best way to start the day is to leave a piece of fruit beside your pillow..... like a banana or a mini orange

you know it's said that one indicator of being a psychopath is being constantly bored. having a dopamine deficiency is another.

I've found that the best way to go about life is to enjoy what you enjoy without regret, shame, or guilt and accept all ugly truths with open arms then embrace them as part of yourself. become one with the world and take advantage of all opportunities. every new situation has an angle to take advantage of. this outlook is what keeps me going because it is the one in which i am most honest with myself.

There is no black, or white, only gray
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 09-18-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    you know it's said that one indicator of being a psychopath is being constantly bored. having a dopamine deficiency is another.
    More broscience than anything.

do a little reading on psychological abuse, psychopathy, narcissism, and anti social behavior. it's a spectrum of sickness and predatory nature. it's a natural part of things, though counter productive to societal living and good business practices. -poison to group cohesiveness and communal living. most of the time it can be blamed on immaturity. most of the time.
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 09-18-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    Get up when the sun rises, take yourself outside in the sun, and get some sun in your eyes (no glasses or contacts) and on your skin and stand in the grass in your bare feet, even when it is cold. This morning light exposures increases your dopamine naturally, and the negative charge from the earth helps to reduce inflammation. As a bonus, the light also lowers cortisol, which increases the amount of substrate your body has to make testosterone.
    Very healthy habit to have.

Low dopamine and low vitamin D go hand in hand further hinting at a connection with sunlight. You need good dopamine levels in order to make good choices in your life - and then your good decisions are self reinforcing and beget more good decisions.
    I wish it could be that simple - a vitamin. I'm from southern Europe and I'm literally bathing in sun, but I feel better when autumn comes - the cold, it's so refreshing. I do poorly in summer.

I've been living like this (making an effort to get more hormone signaling via light) for about 9 months, and have stopped every substance I have played with except for my thyroid replacement, and in spite of taking on a very stressful project I sleep better and feel great, and my bloods look impeccable. I'm increasingly thinking that we have separated ourselves from our natural state of waking in light and sleeping in dark (instead of flooding our eyes with blue light all night when we look at screens, effectively telling our brains is it daytime), and I think it's playing havoc with our hormones.
    So true. It puts our circadian cycle off balance, and that's important for our hormones. Is your need for thyroid hormones from hashimoto's? I have that.

It's not a quick fix, but I like it so much better than injecting something, then taking something else in order to counteract an effect of the thing I injected, and the infinite cycle of supplements and chemicals.
    I wish the natural way did work to me too. I tried to set things straight with diet and lifestyle changes but ironically that's when thing got way worse. I hate all the meds/hormones/supplements SO MUCH but no way I can get rid of them at this point.

that necklace is badass bizzarro. what structure is it of?

Quote Originally Posted by tlolec View Post
    that necklace is badass bizzarro. What structure is it of?
    Dopamine!
    Tlolec the toilet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    do a little reading on psychological abuse, psychopathy, narcissism, and anti social behavior. it's a spectrum of sickness and predatory nature. it's a natural part of things, though counter productive to societal living and good business practices. -poison to group cohesiveness and communal living. most of the time it can be blamed on immaturity. most of the time.
    You'd be doing well to find an actual psychopath.

I myself am a former-sociopath and a former-narcissist.... I was far more the former than the latter though. After a few years of talk therapy, chanting, meditation, yoga, long walks, I'm doing a lot better.

MDMA-assisted psychotherapy had a huge effect in healing me.

As for what to blame these things on...... that's pretty easy... emotional trauma. The younger it happens, the funkier the outcome. Believe it or not, I have a friend of mine who is "two people in one" or "multiple personalities" if you like that sort of thing...... and it's no coincidence that his brother is a heroin addict.

I live in a high-risk homeless hostel and so every day I see all sorts of narcissism, sociopathy, borderline personality.

But as for psychopathy...... it's exceedingly rare.... even among fucked up communities (e.g. a homeless hostel, a prison).

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Dopamine!
    nice

delete
    thisAngelBites likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I wish it could be that simple - a vitamin. I'm from southern Europe and I'm literally bathing in sun, but I feel better when autumn comes - the cold, it's so refreshing. I do poorly in summer.

So true. It puts our circadian cycle off balance, and that's important for our hormones. Is your need for thyroid hormones from hashimoto's? I have that.

I wish the natural way did work to me too. I tried to set things straight with diet and lifestyle changes but ironically that's when thing got way worse. I hate all the meds/hormones/supplements SO MUCH but no way I can get rid of them at this point.
    I don't have antibodies - just low thyroid production, and I used to think it was due to thyroid, now I think it's actually do to hormone signalling from the pituitary, and problems with adrenal function not from the adrenals, but from difficulties in signaling from the suprachiasmic nucleus (in the brain).

Are your vitamin D levels good from spending so much time in the sun? I was spending lots of time but not getting the commensurate rise in vitamin D, and then a neurosurgeon friend taught me that cooling skin allows the sun to penetrate more, and so I misted my skin to cool it constantly in the sun, and I got so brown, and vitamin D finally went up. I think supplementing vitamin D is not a good idea, but this summer I finally got there on my own.

Cold is good too. I think the shorter days of winter and the cold should go hand in hand, but we pile on warm coats and live in warm houses, and I think our brains are confused when we eat carbs that grow in very long light cycles in the cold, short days. I feel great in the cold - last winter I concentrated on cold adapting, and only wore a coat twice on social occasions where it would have been a lot of trouble to explain why I wasn't wearing one. I slept better, I felt I was able to think more clearly, and I wasn't cold. I ate a lot of fat, and was warm, and got very slim by the end of the winter. I couldn't do without it completely so when I was not feeling as well as I could have this summer I was taking cold showers in the morning, and painful though it was at first, I always felt terrific afterwards. Try and embrace the cold since you seem to be craving it. There's some evidence it helps people w autoimmune disorders (like hashi's) and let us know how you get on.

I can relate to alot what you have said, done most of it but the problem is not the said ritual not bringing the effect on well being - it does to a great degree, but what Im describing it is that within 2-3 days I would no longer feel any satisfaction doing this and further time goes it becomes as a time occupying empty activity, its like celebrating new-year party every day playing the same music having exact same experiences over and over again, it gets old very quick for me... needless to say, its the same with everything that comes in predictable pattern. Unless if I would be taking a bungee-jump every morning before this ritual, and then another some days later take a different bungee-jump with partial dip in a water at the lowest point, and so on.
    I am not suffering from any vitamins or mineral deficiencies, do not have heavy-metal poisoning.

To deal with blue light Im using gunnar eyewear, that is giving amazing feel when talking about circadian rhythm getting in sync, of course its not an ultimate protection but it works like magic to my experience.

You know, I would very much would like not to do TRT and have at least half-way decent hormone levels that would make me feel like I do right now, so thats out of question for now.

But thanks for your input, it add much weight to this thread, it will definitely help someone out who needs this
    Thanks very much for the nice comment. Just to say a few more things that your words bring to mind:

You don't say where you are, but get some sun on your testicles! A couple of experiments long ago (which were largely ignored, bc which pharmaceutical companies want you raising your T by roasting your nuts? None.) showed that sun on the testicles raises testosterone by ~200%.

Gunnars are great for computer time - but at night get some red leds and turn off all the white lights in the house including the screens. And go to bed early. Honestly, there is so much blue light in the world now, all night long, that I think it is seriously messing up our poor brains. The fact that gunnars make such a difference for you (when relatively speaking, all they do is reduce the blue light a wee bit) I think is a big clue for you that light is a very serious issue for you. And there are a lot of changes you make to see if you could sort out your light environment, because it might help you feel a lot better.

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    I don't have antibodies - just low thyroid production, and I used to think it was due to thyroid, now I think it's actually do to hormone signalling from the pituitary, and problems with adrenal function not from the adrenals, but from difficulties in signaling from the suprachiasmic nucleus (in the brain).

Are your vitamin D levels good from spending so much time in the sun? I was spending lots of time but not getting the commensurate rise in vitamin D, and then a neurosurgeon friend taught me that cooling skin allows the sun to penetrate more, and so I misted my skin to cool it constantly in the sun, and I got so brown, and vitamin D finally went up. I think supplementing vitamin D is not a good idea, but this summer I finally got there on my own.

Cold is good too. I think the shorter days of winter and the cold should go hand in hand, but we pile on warm coats and live in warm houses, and I think our brains are confused when we eat carbs that grow in very long light cycles in the cold, short days. I feel great in the cold - last winter I concentrated on cold adapting, and only wore a coat twice on social occasions where it would have been a lot of trouble to explain why I wasn't wearing one. I slept better, I felt I was able to think more clearly, and I wasn't cold. I ate a lot of fat, and was warm, and got very slim by the end of the winter. I couldn't do without it completely so when I was not feeling as well as I could have this summer I was taking cold showers in the morning, and painful though it was at first, I always felt terrific afterwards. Try and embrace the cold since you seem to be craving it. There's some evidence it helps people w autoimmune disorders (like hashi's) and let us know how you get on.
    Noted.

Yes we do seem to share the same issues regarding hypothalamic function - my thyroid function looks compromised at both primary and secondary level, my LH was very low at time of diagnosis of low t. Adrenal function and somatotropic axis look both great. My PRL spiked up to 54 ng/ml for no apparent reason on TRT. When I saw the reading, I knew the speculations about having poor DAergic function perhaps had something true to them. I also have chronic lack of appetite and diminished-to absent thirst, poor sleep (years passes since last time I slept well) poor digestion, chronic fatigue, muscle hypotonia w/weakness, and no libido.

Well every time I test for some nutrient it comes out I'm deficient (Zn, Fe) but Vitamin D tested at upper side of range last time I checked; however, I was supplementing. No idea how much natural lighting affects levels, but having light skin should help. I can't really stay too much time in the light as the sun here is scorching and can seriously damage your skin. I don't mind about supplementing.

Yeah I used to love the cold. Could go out with a t-shirt when temp approaches zero C°, but that is pretty much the past as w/thyroiditis I get bad reactions when skins is exposed to cold. It resembles raynaud's phenomenon but I'm not sure about it, anyway my forearms/hands get frozen cold and numb and I loose motor function. I guess it's just poor peripheral circulation.

delete

delete

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Be it TRT or uridine/methyl-folate/methyl-b12 combo , something is giving me good nice slight edge on things, but persistent demotivation still manages to find its way back in to my mind... and at these times rarely but occasionally I just pop half pill of armodafinil and it saves the day bug time... form of anhedonia I hear someone said...?
    Knew it. He is a drug addict. Thats why he is so emotional and cant take bullying. Poor beast.

delete

why in the world would you act in a such retard ways you fat twat?
    only if you could comprehend the topics you reply to - you would not be considered such piece of shit member as you are since forever. Youre thworing your dirt everywhere on to everyone thinking its an appropriate place to shit talk on to everyone? Now get the fuck off, your tiny brain will never grasp what life can be about, besides some foreign pussy and ton of sarms and needles in your fat adipose tissue storage bank.

Get lost
    You should visit the semen rubbing thread, Beast. Im offering nice warm Viking semen on 10 ml bottles. If you rubb it all over you migth see it will enchance your wellbeeing, speed up methabolism and increase strength and energy. You could also take it orally ofcourse. Safer when itcomes to bacteria etc.
    Just a friendly advice
    Peace

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 05:58 PM.

youre sick in the head and you make this whole forum appear sick as yourself with all your whore-attention postings and dirt you spew every step you take. go find some other kids to play along with you, keep away from my threads you dirty fuck
    Seen House on Viaplay? Its about a brilliant doctor who acts like a bully. He often tries to bully the patients to make them display their symptoms when he and his team have a hard time finding a diagnose.

U see. Im dr House and you are the patient. My bullying is a clever trick to let me and the Vets help you. Your revealed anger in some assimilated ( S.Freud 1990) situations makes its easier for us to determind your diagnose and then give you good advices.
    Its all love and care.
    Peace

Swik is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Seen House on Viaplay? Its about a brilliant doctor who acts like a bully. He often tries to bully the patients to make them display their symptoms when he and his team have a hard time finding a diagnose.

U see. Im dr House and you are the patient. My bullying is a clever trick to let me and the Vets help you. Your revealed anger in some assimilated ( S.Freud 1990) situations makes its easier for us to determind your diagnose and then give you good advices.
    Its all love and care.
    Peace
    Silabolin you cheeky bastard hahahahahaha

SWIK
    Somebody who isn't Kimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Swik View Post

Silabolin you cheeky bastard hahahahahaha

SWIK
    Somebody who isn't Kimbo
    He deserves it and he knows it.

delete

Slowhand is offline Associate Member
    You should ask your doctor to put you on Provigil. It's a narcolepsy drug that plays on dopamine, you can't take the stuff and not be productive.

I take Provigil when I wake up and Pramipexole before bed for sleep.

delete
    Slowhand likes this.

wellshii is offline Member
    Bi polar?
    I have the occasions too. So motivated ,so confident,then bam .
    Wondering if I should continue on. Mine might be a little worse than yours

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information