Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree520Likes

Thread: A day in the life lifting w/nach

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Ohhh big ## Big guy Nice!.
    NACH3 likes this.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Morning guys & gals what's going on? Hope you all had a great holiday... figured I'd share some stats since just starting back consistently again and where I'm at now as opposed to 12wks from now!

Had a nice little two days off and today I'm hitting delts & traps I'm thinking or chest bis not sure I can do either then hit the opposite tomorrow! Strength is coming back
    Shoulder smith press hit 275 last wk for 6ish
    Incline smith press hit 285 for 7
    CG smith bench hit 315 for 7-8 I believe
    BB Bent over rows hit 275 8-10 pyramiding up to that weight

So today we shall see what I can do on either shoulder press(which is pre-exhausted and last) or on chest may do DB work on chest today tho
    nice weights there man! Soon I'll beat you though :P
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    nice weights there man! Soon I'll beat you though :P
    Thx buddy.... oh and I just started a lil run myself so those numbers should be going they the roof

Thx buddy.... oh and I just started a lil run myself so those numbers should be going they the roof
    Lol actually I'm about 45lbs below in those lifts but have tons of optimism for the future. Excited to see your numbers when the gear has kicked in fully
    NACH3 likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good morning Nach and how are you today?
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Good morning Nach and how are you today?
    Lil late but had a great day actually took another day off today and just ate soon will be right back or better than I was!

How was your day my friend?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Lol actually I'm about 45lbs below in those lifts but have tons of optimism for the future. Excited to see your numbers when the gear has kicked in fully
    You'll absolutely crush your numbers you work very hard as I've read and been reading! Keep that positive attitude and you'll meet anything you put your mind to buddy.
    Yeah I'll be happy when the gear really starts to kick myself... I'll be posting pics and weight changes for sure!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    What's up gents how's everyone doing? Had a good, heavy, intense delt w/o - I posted some pics as a starting point and to gauge what I do during this lil blast I'm on that I aborted a while back due to personal reasons and not being consistent - haven't lost THAT much strength but it is down!

Delts - didn't have time for tris but will hit them later since I'm off today!
    First day of second wk today I gotta pic I'll post after my w/o lmk what it is I need focusing on I know legs which I'm hitting tomorrow anyway need more thickness!

- seated side laterals heavy w/a burnout set at end
    2w45s 8/6 TD

- front raises with short straight bar 8-12
    1w DD

- rear delts lying facing incline elbows out
    4w 10-15 w/60s 15sec in between working sets

- smith MP press
    Got up to 285 for 4 not as many reps as I wanted but also went fasted
    1w285/4 255/6 225/4 185/8

25min or less

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0094.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	170474 30min post w/o

Name:	IMG_0093.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	170475

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Forgot to post my leg w/o yesterday I'll get it up soon guys

How's everyone doing today? My legs are toasted did some volume work then heavy stuff in hammies(DB stiff legged deads) I love the stretch you get with the DBs b/c for me it seems I can go lower as the bells scrape against my shins on the way down

Lmk if anyone has any ?'s about anything!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Legs YESTERDAY fellas hit em with some nice volume as well - DOMS Will be a MFer I can already feel it!

I'm thinking that chest bis today or day off not sure yet trying for a session but I've got a lot of things going on today...

- leg ext's s/s seated leg curls
    5w pyramiding up 8-15(8 being on last two sets basically)

- leg press
    12/10/8/6/4/2(reps in a row)
    3w sets and it burned like mad

- DB stiff legged deads
    Pyramided up to 90s 10-15 reps
    4w sets

Abducctor and adductor s/s'd together
    3w sets s/s back and forth 12-15 reps
    clarky. likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good morning Nach sorry been busy the last few days have only been popping in and out.You are looking good lil brother keep it up!
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Good morning Nach sorry been busy the last few days have only been popping in and out.You are looking good lil brother keep it up!
    What's up big bro... thanks just a starting point to see where I land and end up ya know.
    I figured you was busy so I was gonna drop you a pm today to make sure all is good!
    Glad things are going well... how's the training coming along?

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Brothers in Iron,

Welcome to my new thread in which I will go into detail on many and various aspects of lifting, Q & A's, what it's like to get up each day with chronic pain(as I know many of us do), I'll log my w/o's as I tend to go back and forth to power building and BBing, we'll talk about the mindset needed to achieve the goals we set forth regardless... and with that I expect many members to come forth and share what they're feeling, even log your w/o's and ask ?'s people!!! If I don't know the answer I sure know the Member's who will

I need to get back on my prepping meal plans for the wk ask feel it's been my down fall lately and I want this thread to hold me accountable!

I've been going through a difficult time with neck and back pain on top of my R shoulder which the nerves are often getting trapped from my spine outward(causing my R & L arms to go numb, moreso recently)... I have been pushing much more weight lately and I love the feeling like MPing 295 for reps now after not pressing OH for yrs!

I wish you all to join in and share your beliefs and opinions, as well! We can all benefit from one another so let's do this fellas(& GGR D & KJ) and any other females who'd like to share whatever they feel - I'm opening this in hopes of collaborating with MS(and his threads) and the HOFs as to help guide us as well as myself sharing all the knowledge I can & everything in between!

I hope to see you all on this journey together and with myself!

PS... I'll still be true to 'the HIT Dungeon' as well but it's time for me to branch off and help others with what Marcus and that crew has really taught me!! Let's do this sh!t people!

Much respect,

NACH
    Nice! Following

-IronClydes

"Half of any battle you face in life is just showing up every day, despite how you feel"
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Ohhh big ## Big guy Nice!.
    Idk how I didn't see this Clarky... thx mate! I appreciate the support check in and I'm gonna start talking about HIT and carb cycling something like or exact of Marcus would do and list %'s if anyone else is interested
    clarky. likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClydes View Post
    Nice! Following

-IronClydes

"Half of any battle you face in life is just showing up every day, despite how you feel"
    Thx buddy good to have you back and I'll be talking about carb cycling

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Chest - shoulder was definitely irritated but went and did some more comfortable weight instead of pushing too hard like that 6-8rep range tbh

- DB flys into presses s/s'd
    2w(80s) 9/7 7/5 Drop(70s) 6/4+ forced reps

- hammer strength incline machine
    Pyramided up to 3+1/4 plates for 7 drop(3plates) 5 drop 2+1/4 for 4 drop(2plts) 7

- decline hammer strength press
    4plts 8 3pltsX2 8/6 drop 2+1/4plts 5 I was dead after this

- incline cables on bench s/s w/seated low to mid or as high as possible
    3x 10-15 rep range

- unilateral hammer strength press for upper inner
    2w @ 2+1/4 drop 2plts at around 8-12 rep range

Great pump and tearing of fibers it seems... I'm already sore so DOMS will be a MFer upon waking

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning all.. hope you all had s great w/e... at church here now it's about to start so just checking in for now!

Chest is rocked from yesterday so Arms together are on the agenda for today! Hope everyone has had s good w/e!
    clarky. likes this.

Idk how I didn't see this Clarky... thx mate! I appreciate the support check in and I'm gonna start talking about HIT and carb cycling something like or exact of Marcus would do and list %'s if anyone else is interested
    Very interested in carb cycling mate.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to use Marcus' %'s I'll get on it later mate please ask anything you want or start up convos that's what's it's all about buddy
    clarky. likes this.

I'm going to use Marcus' %'s I'll get on it later mate please ask anything you want or start up convos that's what's it's all about buddy
    Great..
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Great..
    I figured it's surely a proven method so why go any other way - I may simplify it for others that do not weigh out their food but I don't either and can eye it pretty well
    clarky. likes this.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Also interested in carb cycling. I don't do well with straight clean diet with carbs - lots of bloat, gas, cravings. Do best with keto but not so great for gains in mass. Interested to see your layout, know whether you are cutting, mass phase, maintenance, recomp, etc. And of course the simpler the better. I do weigh food most of the time but good at eyeballing but like things that can be mass produced on Sundays. Will follow closely...
    clarky. and NACH3 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    Also interested in carb cycling. I don't do well with straight clean diet with carbs - lots of bloat, gas, cravings. Do best with keto but not so great for gains in mass. Interested to see your layout, know whether you are cutting, mass phase, maintenance, recomp, etc. And of course the simpler the better. I do weigh food most of the time but good at eyeballing but like things that can be mass produced on Sundays. Will follow closely...
    Thanks and welcome to the thread TRAZ! I'm gonna get something typed up for all three as you requested I'll start tonight and continue but I'll start with a more conservative approach such as a recomping or gaining muscle tissue while also losing bf!

TRA
    Thanks and welcome to the thread TRAZ! I'm gonna get something typed up for all three as you requested I'll start tonight and continue but I'll start with a more conservative approach such as a recomping or gaining muscle tissue while also losing bf!
    That is awesome!! I had a discussion some time ago with kel about it being possible to gain muscle tissue while losing bf. I did a little of that on keto actually, but not massive. Anxious to see what you post up!!
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    That is awesome!! I had a discussion some time ago with kel about it being possible to gain muscle tissue while losing bf. I did a little of that on keto actually, but not massive. Anxious to see what you post up!!
    I'll be glad to help at any level - See my body reacts very well to carbs so carb cycling is a must or even a variation between Keto and a very high day(which BIB used b4 his comp he won) - BIB would go 3 days fasted cardio and zero carbs(obviously working up to that level) but then on the 4th day go up to say and this is s rough estimate) but at 190-195lbs lean bf% at sub 9-8% looked 6-7% on front... but his high day or carb loading day was 750g carbs after 3 zero days of carbs - many different ways to do this

Marcus's way is more based on adjusting to your own body and knowing how it reacts to carbs on low and high days then possibly extending these days as well.

Firstly, start with 3low days if maintaining muscle tissue whilst losing bf, of 40-50% based on individual(most like 40% when starting) below your intended TDEE then your 4th day being your high day would be 15-20% MORE than you'd intended TDEE ATM! More of a recomp as your still able to add muscle while losing bf - this is my favorite out of them all!

Your reducing your glycogen stores yet then rebuilding them to help fill out your muscles but you have to time your high days with certain BPs, which include BACK & LEGS for sure!

This is just me touching on carb cycling but any questions please post up!
    Last edited by NACH3; 09-10-2017 at 04:05 PM.

TRA
    I'll be glad to help at any level - See my body reacts very well to carbs so carb cycling is a must or even a variation between Keto and a very high day(which BIB used b4 his comp he won) - BIB would go 3 days fasted cardio and zero carbs(obviously working up to that level) but then on the 4th day go up to say and this is s rough estimate) but at 190-195lbs lean bf% at sub 9-8% looked 6-7% on front... but his high day or carb loading day was 750g carbs after 3 zero days of carbs - many different ways to do this

Marcus's way is more based on adjusting to your own body and knowing how it reacts to carbs on low and high days then possibly extending these days as well.

Firstly, start with 3low days if maintaining muscle tissue whilst losing bf, of 40-50% based on individual(most like 40% when starting) below your intended TDEE then your 4th day being your high day would be 15-20% MORE than you'd intended TDEE ATM! More of a recomp as your still able to add muscle while losing bf - this is my favorite out of them all!

Your reducing your glycogen stores yet then rebuilding them to help fill out your muscles but you have to time your high days with certain BPs, which include BACK & LEGS for sure!

I think I will need to sit down and digest the carb cycling to fully understand, so will try to do that. When you say 3 low days - you mean low carbs or low kcals or both?
    40-50% less kcals? Do you just reduce the carbs and do mostly protein/fat to hit this or same ratio of c/p/f with reduced kcals only?
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I think I will need to sit down and digest the carb cycling to fully understand, so will try to do that. When you say 3 low days - you mean low carbs or low kcals or both?
    40-50% less kcals? Do you just reduce the carbs and do mostly protein/fat to hit this or same ratio of c/p/f with reduced kcals only?
    It's mainly just the carbs as you'll need the fats ant proteins to fuel your w/o's so don't change those numbers if anything add to them by maybe 5% each or just keep it the same as normal TDEE!

You got the right response so don't overthink it and just listen to your body - if you need more carbs go with the lower %age ya know never lower your protein as that's your main muscle building ammunition so to speak - fats are just as important yet stay within your %!

TRA
    It's mainly just the carbs as you'll need the fats ant proteins to fuel your w/o's so don't change those numbers if anything add to them by maybe 5% each or just keep it the same as normal TDEE!

You got the right response so don't overthink it and just listen to your body - if you need more carbs go with the lower %age ya know never lower your protein as that's your main muscle building ammunition so to speak - fats are just as important yet stay within your %!
    Okay, that makes perfect sense. Disregard PM since it's fleshed out in your answer. I assume you do the carb up on the day or evening after back or legs? In my split I run back/tris, next day legs, so could do carb up day after legs and be effective, correct?

And if you do 3 low days at a 40-50% kcal deficit, but only one day of 15-20% excess kcal for TDEE, you are still at quite a deficit, are you not?

I would typically calculate my total kcals/d based on the target weight or to maintain current weight (with assumed loss of body fat and lean tissue gain), correct?
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning all

Getting these arms done today but firstly eating now and getting in there

Hope everyone has a great day!

@ TRAZ I'll get back to u a bit later when I have time aight buddy
    TRA likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    What's up gentleman!

Arms today I couldn't get the separation needed imho right after too much blood flow not as many lines - again only on the start of 2nd almost 3rd wk after 2ninth break

I'll write up my arm w/o in a bit when I get time, but this pic is 1hr post w/o.

Name:	IMG_0110.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	505.4 KB 
ID:	170505
    Last edited by NACH3; 09-11-2017 at 11:30 AM.

TRA
    What's up gentleman!

Arms today I couldn't get the separation needed imho right after too much blood flow not as many lines - again only on the start of 2nd almost 3rd wk after 2ninth break

I'll write up my arm w/o in a bit when I get time, but this pic is 1hr post w/o.

Name:	IMG_0110.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	505.4 KB 
ID:	170505
    Nice! Considering bis are my most problem area this is especially impressive.
    MuscleScience and NACH3 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Nice! Considering bis are my most problem area this is especially impressive.
    Thx buddy! It's actually more of weak spot for me! But I'm working on them lol bis are tricky imho I'd love to get a bigger peak but who wouldn't either right!

I'll get to your questions today I ended up being much busier than originally thought yesterday so I'll get my butt back on here at some point!
    clarky. and TRA like this.

Hmmm, reading this it sounds easy as in how it works. I'll let you explain more before i start with the Q's mate.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm, reading this it sounds easy as in how it works. I'll let you explain more before i start with the Q's mate.
    I'll get to I promise I'd like to focus more on 40% low 15-20% high days tbh
    clarky. likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    What's up fellas these are today's pics about 30min PWO and I feel like I'm getting somewhere so I gotta stay consistent each right and clean and keep
    Plugging away!

Here's p/o delt work no tris as I just did arms together

Few pics I think I'm in a comeback

Name:	IMG_0114.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	833.6 KB 
ID:	170569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0120.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	170570

Post up w/o after work fellas

Looking huge!
    NACH3 likes this.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Your delts are incredible big guy
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Looking huge!
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Your delts are incredible big guy
    Thank you two it always means a lot coming from you members I gotta ways to go b4 I can compare beginning pics to end pics which gives me hope
    hollowedzeus likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Delts

Seated side laterals
    2w/u
    2w DD

CABLE Front raises
    3w + 2 higher rep sets

Rear delts lying face down on incline
    60s 4w sets

Cable Rev flies
    2w DD HIGHER REPS

SMITH MP press
    I was beat
    1wDD

25min

Views:	58 
ID:	170575
    cousinmuscles and clarky. like this.

TRA
    Delts

Seated side laterals
    2w/u
    2w DD

CABLE Front raises
    3w + 2 higher rep sets

Rear delts lying face down on incline
    60s 4w sets

Cable Rev flies
    2w DD HIGHER REPS

SMITH MP press
    I was beat
    1wDD

25min

Views:	58 
ID:	170575
    I need workouts like this. I am in gym 1h+ for shoulder & traps. What is your rest time between sets? How about when changing exercises?

I hate to admit it, but sometimes the pain (not joint pain, but the intense burn I love everywhere else) brings me to a stop, not the failure of the muscle. From the looks of those debts I'm guessing that is not the case with you.
    NACH3 likes this.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information