Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree520Likes

Thread: A day in the life lifting w/nach

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Pops is not doing well just got diagnosed w/possible Parkinson's and early onset dementia been extremely hard these past wk and a half in and out of hospital many times tests after tests so I'll be trying to get my butt back in here on a regular tho feels like real friends in here not trying to stab each other in the back

Still definitely not 100% but pushed some decent weight today considering - thx for the support fellas means a lot buts tough right now with all that's going on but it'll all be ok I know that just gotta buck up now!

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Pops is not doing well just got diagnosed w/possible Parkinson's and early onset dementia been extremely hard these past wk and a half in and out of hospital many times tests after tests so I'll be trying to get my butt back in here on a regular tho feels like real friends in here not trying to stab each other in the back
    Already had B12 checked? It's getting more and more common in the elderly, and can account for some neurological symptoms.
    NACH3 likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries

Still definitely not 100% but pushed some decent weight today considering - thx for the support fellas means a lot buts tough right now with all that's going on but it'll all be ok I know that just gotta buck up now!
    I'm sorry man, been dealing with this with my grandma for the last 5 years. Get him on high amounts of fish oil and vitamin D3. Don't let them put him on on certain statins and if you can do the flu shot only every 2nd to 3rd year if you get it at all. we implemented all this with my grandmother and it's luckily her MD was on the same page as us, it's helped slow things down.
    NACH3 and ghettoboyd like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I'm sorry man, been dealing with this with my grandma for the last 5 years. Get him on high amounts of fish oil and vitamin D3. Don't let them put him on on certain statins and if you can do the flu shot only every 2nd to 3rd year if you get it at all. we implemented all this with my grandmother and it's luckily her MD was on the same page as us, it's helped slow things down.
    Wow the MS! I'LL defo get on track with his ND and this protocol - I really appreciate your support plus the info myh frirndf I'll be starting this tomorrow regardless the so much man!
    MuscleScience and ghettoboyd like this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Sorry to hear Nacho. My granddad had Parkinson's. My dad and his brother and sister would alternate bringing him home on the weekends and take care of him. Listen to MS.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Sorry to hear Nacho. My granddad had Parkinson's. My dad and his brother and sister would alternate bringing him home on the weekends and take care of him. Listen to MS.
    Thx brotha that coming from you means a lot as well as MS as stated!
    MuscleScience and Capebuffalo like this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Thx brotha that coming from you means a lot as well as MS as stated!
    The way my family and I think of it, we do everything we can to protect her brain and vasculiture. It's like plaqueing of the arteries, dementia, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's is really crude on the brain. Nothing goes in her body that will cause any type of inflammation, decay or degeneration. There are a lot of resources out there, some medical and so alternative. We made a decision that as long as it can't hurt her, we would try. Again, it's little things like taking statins out of her drug regime. She is 86 years old, at this point if high cholesterol hasn't killed her, it won't now. Even if there is something with only fickle amounts of evidence that it causes additional decay, we error on the side of saving brain cells.

Falls are also a big issue, if he is still at home, take out all throw mats and area rugs. Put in lots of lighting, Put hand rails up everywhere and close off stair ways. Basically anything and everything that you would do to prevent a toddler from injury you have to do with demintia patients. Falls are What typically kills or injuries demintia patients.
    ghettoboyd, Capebuffalo and NACH3 like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries

I'm sorry your going through this my friend ive noticed you not around so much...thoughts and prayers to you and you family...
    NACH3 likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good morning Nach hope you are having a good day.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    The way my family and I think of it, we do everything we can to protect her brain and vasculiture. It's like plaqueing of the arteries, dementia, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's is really crude on the brain. Nothing goes in her body that will cause any type of inflammation, decay or degeneration. There are a lot of resources out there, some medical and so alternative. We made a decision that as long as it can't hurt her, we would try. Again, it's little things like taking statins out of her drug regime. She is 86 years old, at this point if high cholesterol hasn't killed her, it won't now. Even if there is something with only fickle amounts of evidence that it causes additional decay, we error on the side of saving brain cells.

Falls are also a big issue, if he is still at home, take out all throw mats and area rugs. Put in lots of lighting, Put hand rails up everywhere and close off stair ways. Basically anything and everything that you would do to prevent a toddler from injury you have to do with demintia patients. Falls are What typically kills or injuries demintia patients.
    That sounds like you've got a lot of positive things working so I'd surely stick with it.... And lots of ideas for me to look into myself thx again

He does have lots of throw rugs and falls are very high on the list of why hex had so many concussions as well leading to his brain injuries etc so I'll be getting those out ASAP
    MuscleScience likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    I'm sorry your going through this my friend ive noticed you not around so much...thoughts and prayers to you and you family...
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Good morning Nach hope you are having a good day.
    Thank you guys for all the support it means more than you could know! I appreciate you all and am happy to call you friends!

Hoping to get in back or delts today - raining here and chest is fried from yesterday even tris are sore which is nice!

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I feel as a group we've been brought together for a reason.
    ghettoboyd, NACH3, songdog and 1 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I feel as a group we've been brought together for a reason.
    No fuvkin doubt my friends in iron +!!!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Did back and Bis yesterday - had to cut it a tad short but I think I would've overtrained my bis after all the back movements regarding starting with your back it takes its toll on the bis as it's the synergistic muscle in the process!
    Just row'd my ass off and felt good hitting top to bottom then the main bent over rows + T-bars it was a good one

Today hit delts -
    Just a really intense w/o 20-25min with:
    Tri set
    Lateral raises(Seated) into rev & palms downs front raises(2 & 2 to failure) - and rear delts facing an incline(35*) bringing bells up and out(Kel this is one of my favorite regarding rear felt work) up to 65s for 12+ now

Pressed light today to get things moving again higher rep range 10-15 for the pump w/o much time in between(15-25sec per set)

Hey Nach How is your father doing well I hope!
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hey Nach How is your father doing well I hope!
    Thx for asking, Song!! I appreciate it!

He's taking it badly tbh - like I feel like he wants to quit after all the back and neck issues weren't enough :/ but I'm tryin' to keep him moving and positive it's a bitch though b/c he's just as stubborn as I am for a fact - must get it from him lol hey I'll take it it's made one strong MOFO over the yrs

I really appreciate you asking my friend
    Capebuffalo and MuscleScience like this.

I wish him the best bro! stay strong.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I wish him the best bro! stay strong.
    Thx brother!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Arms

Hammer curls
    2w DD

Skull crushers
    4sets 6-15 rep range 15sec rest time only

Straight bar curls(seated w/no back) WG
    3sraight sets 8-15

One arm DB ext's
    3straight sets all to failure and beyond w/forced reps unilaterally

Tri set
    Rev grip curls - straight bar s/s straight bar push downs s/s rev grip push downs
    4w each

good pump last set usually ended on 6-8 reps so still pushed
    Glad to be back this wk headed to beach for a night and day tomorrow hope it helps to clear my head
    songdog likes this.

Good morning Nach and how is your day?
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Good morning Nach and how is your day?
    Well thx bother! Last day at the beach and Im feeling so much better physically, my appetite is back fully had a decent lil arm w/o on Fri and chest bis tomorrow or legs! Gonna feel great to be back full bore within a wk or two

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    What's up fellas in iron!

Just got back from the beach - cleared the head and Cobb webs out and hit shoulders and tris this am -

Delts tris - short intense & heavy 25min

-Seated side laterals
    1w/u 15+ reps
    1w DD

-Rev front raises w/EZ Bar s/s'd w/tea cups(raising bell up and turning out slowly)
    2w 10-12reps drop 8 -- 3w higher reps 12-15

-rear delts lying on 35* incline pulling up and out(elbows flared) higher repa(8-15)
    3w 15sec between sets
    Delts were smoked searing pain felt great

- incline skulls
    3w(115+) 12/10/7 reps into CG presses

- v-grip pushdowns s/s'd OH Rope ext's
    3w each 8-12 rep range for both movements

Felt good first real good delt w/o in a couple wks already sore appetite is back strong again after that sinus infection so on the up and up!
    hollowedzeus likes this.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Glad your head is back in the game!
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Glad your head is back in the game!
    Thanks Zeus! I'll be in to check your thread out today - looks like it's going well
    hollowedzeus likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning Cape AG Song Cuz Clarky Igi Sfla D -

Delts are rightly sore AF! Love it - kept sides and fronts at 8-12 at failure too! Going into partials etc they hurt to the touch today it's great to be back! May have to take a day since I'm watching my gf's daughters this am & afternoon I'm off from work and no extra clients either but am going early as hell tomorrow am maybe a double am/& pm we'll see

Hope all have a kickass day!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I let all the dungeoneers know about how I got the job I've been waiting for! Personal training at a very high end gym and facility that's linked to a hospital, where after Physical Therapy they come down and want to work with a trainer as well as lots of people with disabilities, injuries, and your BBer in between - a great mixing bowl for training which I can't ask for anymore!
    Great benefits as well as a great team who all works together not against one another whereas it's like that in most common gyms, unfortunately!
    songdog and hollowedzeus like this.

I am so glad you got a better job I am pming you my Xmas list and it isn't a short one lil brother
    hollowedzeus and NACH3 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I am so glad you got a better job I am pming you my Xmas list and it isn't a short one lil brother
    All well and good now!

Good morning Nach and how are you? I been busy honey do's and my truck the last few days! Today I get to do my lawn then hit my chest
    NACH3 likes this.

You back on track after your birthday?

Hey Nach hope all is well!
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Well ran into trouble and got a DUI - all is good I started my new job which is going great - I'm back on track and have lifted ed this week

Sorry to hear Clarky - bet it was a damn good session tho

Back today

D-ring lat pulldowns
    Pyramided up then
    2w heavy 3droos

BB Bent over rows
    Pyramided up 135/185/245/275/275/245/225/185

One arm DB rows
    100s/10ish 90s 7 85s 5-6

Low pully row(hammer strength
    4w pyramiding up each set

Good w/o 35min was moving felt good and strength was pretty decent good day
    Lots of drop sets and usually 2w heavy then dropping all to failure - I'm in a great environment just praying nothing fucks up this job!
    songdog likes this.

Hey wats going on Nach?
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hey wats going on Nach?
    What's up my big brother?? How you doing? Hope all is well my man!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    hat's up everyone just did chest gonna do a split session and get bis later and throw in traps as well! First chest session in about a month +

Chest

- Smith incline press
    Pyramided up
    2w 285/7-5

- hammer strength incline
    3plates + 1/4-6reps drop 3plates 4 drop 2 &1/4 4reps 2pkates 6

- cables
    Bent over(back parallel to ground) 3w 12-15
    Standing staggered mid
    Seated low to high as possible
    All 3w 12-15 reps

Good session strength hasn't dropped to much on any thing - pulled 275 for 8 on BB Bent over rows yesterday too! Happy to be back with a clear mind and back in here
    Capebuffalo likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Arms today - went very well real intense heavy with some high reps on certain ex's and strong my best session yet intensity wise I'd say!

- Oly bar curls heavy
    3w/u
    1w 2 drops

- hammer preachers off back of incline bench
    1w 3drops

- EZ Bar curls s/s rev curls
    1w 2drops. -- 2w drop

- cable curls
    2w 8-12

- CG smith Bench
    Pyramided up and was strong today here after bis created that cushion
    1w315 7 2 forced 275 6 + 1forced into neg 225 12 racked short

- incline skulls s/s into presses after
    2w115 10+/8 DD

- straight bar pushdowns
    Stacked
    1w 3drops

- rope pushdowns bent over pulling past hips s/s one arm rope ext's(15-20reps)
    3w & 3w 1arms no rest

Great w/o was happy about the 315 on CG first time in a while even b4 the lay off
    songdog likes this.

Youre going through a lot of stress the now mate. Doesnt excuse the dui as it was a silly course of action but the additional stresses perhaps played a part. You've fessed up like a man now to get head in gear and forge ahead for greatness
    NACH3 likes this.

Good morning Nach have a great day and don't eat too much
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Youre going through a lot of stress the now mate. Doesnt excuse the dui as it was a silly course of action but the additional stresses perhaps played a part. You've fessed up like a man now to get head in gear and forge ahead for greatness
    Absolutely buddy your right on the money!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning guys & gals what's going on? Hope you all had a great holiday... figured I'd share some stats since just starting back consistently again and where I'm at now as opposed to 12wks from now!

Had a nice little two days off and today I'm hitting delts & traps I'm thinking or chest bis not sure I can do either then hit the opposite tomorrow! Strength is coming back
    Shoulder smith press hit 275 last wk for 6ish
    Incline smith press hit 285 for 7
    CG smith bench hit 315 for 7-8 I believe
    BB Bent over rows hit 275 8-10 pyramiding up to that weight

So today we shall see what I can do on either shoulder press(which is pre-exhausted and last) or on chest may do DB work on chest today tho
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Thread Information