Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Thought this was pretty f-in cool....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Thought this was pretty f-in cool....

https://kabukistrength.com/880everyday

880EveryDay Project
    September 27, 2018 By Kabuki Strength

Staring today, I am going to be deadlifting 880lbs (400kg) every day for 30 days, or as long as I can make it.

We are partnering with Alex’s Lemonade Stand, a kid’s cancer charity that raises money to fund cancer research specifically for children. It was started by a little girl named Alex when she was 4 years old. She raised over 1 million dollars by age 8 when she passed away from a cancer called Neuroblastoma.

Why are we doing this, and why am I using my platform and my company’s platform to do this?

Because Kabuki Strength’s 4th pillar is Charity, and we believe that making the world a better place through strength should involve giving freely and generously of our time, money, attention, resources, and platform. You can read more about our 4 pillars and our company’s philosophy here.

Rather than simply drawing attention to ourselves, we’ve found that we can use feats of strength like this to create attention and awareness around a specific cause and have a call-to-action that encourages people to support the cause.

My ask of you is simple – please donate whatever you can, if you can, and share one of the daily videos on your platform as a way to reach more people with this cause.

Please click the red “Donate Now” links to donate, and you may follow along with each day’s videos on this page below.

Thank you,

Chris Duffin
    tarmyg likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    That is cool.

Thread Information