Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Members information needed- what was the biggest thing you learned this last year

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Members information needed- what was the biggest thing you learned this last year

I am starting this thread so that members can share their learnings in the last year...: something that has provided exceptional results.
    Every year there are 2-3 things that I learned that I consider resulted in major changes.
    These things learned can be from training, to gear, to supplements.
    Let’s hear these new learnings and hopefully help out fellow members that have not heard or tried them.
    I have a feeling that I will be learning a lot from this thread.
    This is open to everyone from the newbie to the most experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KennyJ likes this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That I needed TRT because my nuts were destroyed at an early age by the mumps virus. It explained a lot about my formative years, why I was so prone to soft tissue injuries all through life (basement test and permacrashed E2 suck in equal measures), etc.
    This knowledge (and acting upon it) has led to me making more physical and psychological progress in ten months, than I did in the four years prior. Amazing what one can do with 1097 total, 37.52 free and 21.9 Estradiol, when their natural levels were 50, 2.3 and 7.4
    That said, I wouldn’t trade those shitty years for anything. They taught me that people can unfuck themselves, no matter how bad their hormone levels are, so long as they’re bullheaded enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    That I needed TRT because my nuts were destroyed at an early age by the mumps virus. It explained a lot about my formative years, why I was so prone to soft tissue injuries all through life (basement test and permacrashed E2 suck in equal measures), etc.
    This knowledge (and acting upon it) has led to me making more physical and psychological progress in ten months, than I did in the four years prior. Amazing what one can do with 1097 total, 37.52 free and 21.9 Estradiol, when their natural levels were 50, 2.3 and 7.4
    That said, I wouldn’t trade those shitty years for anything. They taught me that people can unfuck themselves, no matter how bad their hormone levels are, so long as they’re bullheaded enough.
    Wow- 50! I was at 169 and it totally sucked. I didn’t know for 5 years until my 1st cycle. I thought it was age. Wifey was not happy with me.
    How much test are you taking?

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Wow- 50! I was at 169 and it totally sucked. I didn’t know for 5 years until my 1st cycle. I thought it was age. Wifey was not happy with me.
    How much test are you taking?

I got lucky compared to some guys and “got it in one”. The default dosage of 100mg/week (50 every 3.5d) has me where I am, so long as I stick to IM. I tinkered with subq for a few months, but for some reason, that put me back to 600/18.78/16.9 and I didn’t feel quite as good.
    charger69 likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Seriously. Toilets that wash you with water (bidets). Reasonably priced now. Big calories = lots of toilet time = pain in the ass. Best discovery of the year for me! TY to my wife who insisted that we get one.
    EDCG19 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Seriously. Toilets that wash you with water (bidets). Reasonably priced now. Big calories = lots of toilet time = pain in the ass. Best discovery of the year for me! TY to my wife who insisted that we get one.
    Matt Vincent dropped one of the best things I’ve ever heard regarding bidets. “Toilet paper? You’re still trying to clean peanut butter out of shag carpet with a dry towel. Bidets are amazing.”
    Proximal, Old Duffer and tarmyg like this.

Matt Vincent dropped one of the best things I’ve ever heard regarding bidets. “Toilet paper? You’re still trying to clean peanut butter out of shag carpet with a dry towel. Bidets are amazing.”
    Never heard that, but seriously, THAT nails it.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    100%
    Actual bidets and those type of systems are crucial
    I have been using a bidet for almost 6-8 years
    There's no going back
    If it's not your thing at least baby wipes (in bulk)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Proximal likes this.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    To answer OPs question I have learned a few things

Fitness related. Doesnt matter how you feel or what's going on get your ass in the gym and take out the aggression there
    I started intermittent fasting as of this year and I'm sure it's the way to go. I dont eat breakfast and I find it isn't needed at all for a healthy life style. (Getting up first thing in the morning and stuffing yourself isn't needed for gains)

Business related
    You cant trust anyone. Make friends with who you can in business but understand they are just people and if they have a chance to fuck you they will
    They have families of their own and their own goals. Never trust someone 100%

Dont give any fitness advice to anyone or talk about steroids

Women
    Be careful with women as always. They can use you and fuck with your head if you let them (depending on who you're with of course not saying it's all of them)

Sometimes you need to be careful who you hang around or what "advice" they give you. They're simply trying to hold you back from achieving your own goals and forging your own destiny. Doesnt matter if they are family or not some people dont want you to succeed and they will hold you back

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Obs and Proximal like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I learned something.
    Learned a lotta shit.
    Forgot whatever those things were the past week or so.
    balance and KennyJ like this.

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’ve learned and have always learn that most people are lying shits and will do anything to get what they want from you or anyone for that matter.

I have come to meet a few amazing people but damn am I learning a lot about how grimy people can really be and it’s sad .

On a positive note , tomorrow is Friday and I hope and wish everyone an amazing weekend !

Obs, Proximal and Couchlockd like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    I’ve learned and have always learn that most people are lying shits and will do anything to get what they want from you or anyone for that matter.

I have come to meet a few amazing people but damn am I learning a lot about how grimy people can really be and it’s sad .

On a positive note , tomorrow is Friday and I hope and wish everyone an amazing weekend !

There are good people.
    I found one and now I am tempted to do grimy shit.

Man I hope everything is going good.
    People will make you a bitter asshole.
    EDCG19, Proximal and Couchlockd like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    There are good people.
    I found one and now I am tempted to do grimy shit.
    Isn’t that the truth & is that not f’d up as can be?
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Isn’t that the truth & is that not f’d up as can be?
    There is no end to our wicked ways
    Proximal likes this.

Obs- I am sure that you learned something this last year that was an important discovery for you to arrive to where you want to be. Post it up!

Obs
    Obs- I am sure that you learned something this last year that was an important discovery for you to arrive to where you want to be. Post it up!

Think I need to be single to arrive where I want to be.

Think I need to be single to arrive where I want to be.
    Maybe something from training, supplements, gear, etc that the rest of can learn from.
    The intention of this is not for everyone to get a divorce. LOL

Old Duffer likes this.

Obs
    Maybe something from training, supplements, gear, etc that the rest of can learn from.
    The intention of this is not for everyone to get a divorce. LOL

I gave my advice.
    Everyone lose the bitch.
    Proximal and Couchlockd like this.

Old Duffer is offline Senior Member
    Lesson 2018 for me: don't stop. Size is lost faster than built

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    We got these "bum guns" next to ever toilet here. Not used paper since moving here. That said, using this in winter time in northern NY without getting hot water would suck, big time.

Proximal likes this.

There is no end to our wicked ways
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    We got these "bum guns" next to ever toilet here. Not used paper since moving here. That said, using this in winter time in northern NY without getting hot water would suck, big time.

Bum guns in NY??? You are in the wrong section of NY!
    Whereabouts in NY? The city?

I try to talk about gear and reps, sets, and rest periods with this thread and all I get from the population are bitches and bum guns??? LOL

tarmyg, HoldMyBeer and Old Duffer like this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    This picture is from Bangalore
    Bum guns in NY??? You are in the wrong section of NY!
    Whereabouts in NY? The city?

I try to talk about gear and reps, sets, and rest periods with this thread and all I get from the population are bitches and bum guns??? LOL

Just blame Tren . It’s the internet’s favorite whipping boy.
    charger69 likes this.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I will try to help you get back on track Charger.
    1st one is related to injury recovery. I have arthritis and my spine is degenerative in the area of L4. I have found that dry needling is the best thing since sliced bread to get muscles that are tight to relax. Way better than massage.
    2nd and this is subjective.I have found that as I do more cycles in my life that it takes more junk to achieve the same results. I say subjective because it could be other factors, like different source, as I age I find it harder to workout with the same intensity, my life is a bit messed up so motivation is a bit of an issue at times. A lot of variables, but I am upping the tren next cycle.
    3rd I found how to not waste gear. After injections there would always be about 5 units of gear left in the head of the syringe. If you put that much air in the syringe and then use the air to push the gear everything gets injected. Don't know why it took me 7 years to discover this.

Told this to the wife when she got home G, she laughed her ass off. TY again for that reference, will be used frequently.

Told this to the wife when she got home G, she laughed her ass off. TY again for that reference, will be used frequently.
    Matt is a treasure trove of hilarious random shit.

"A bear is a weird thing. It looks like something you'd want to hug but, have you ever seen a moose? It's like 2000 lbs. with a chandelier attached to it's head. It's terrifying. Now realize that bear murders moose with it's face...you don't fuck with that."
    Proximal and tarmyg like this.

Here's my advice after 42 years of training:

1: There is no secret/special way for success, what works for you, works for you. Everyone is different.

2: If you want to pay the ultimate price & really man up, then by all means ignore joint & tendon pain. I've replaced both hips, my left RC is almost completely gone & I just lost my long head of the biceps a few months back. Me and the ortho estimate I've got about 5 years left before the left shoulder gets replaced. Yet, I'm still at it almost every day.

3: Dude, buy one of those toilets. If you shit a lot, you'll be VERY happy you did.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    You can get more food in you by swallowing big unchewed pieces like giant pills.
    Proximal and Obs like this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Never give anyone unearned trust. Even if you’ve known them your entire life...
    Proximal, Obs and Gallowmere like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Never give anyone unearned trust. Even if you’ve known them your entire life...
    aint that the fkin truth.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    I don't think we got the purpose of this thread, so I am going to give my "lessons learned"
    All of my claims have studies to support them:
    All legit diets are equal. It comes down to calories in vs out and personal preference
    Fasted cardio does not result in greater fat loss
    Rest intervals for a muscle group less than a minute does not maximize hypertrophy
    Hiit and steady state result in the same amount of calories burned. One is just more time efficient
    Resetting metabolism is a thing, and dieting for long periods of time will inhibit weight loss
    -------------------------into opinion area---------------
    Most trainers got their certification from a crackerjack box
    KISS keep it simple stupid. Stop adding shit to your cycle and overcomplicating it. Come up w a simple plan, and execute it.
    AIs are not necessarily needed
    Drugs are bad mmmmkay? And if you do drugs, then you're bad too mmmmmkay?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HoldMyBeer; 12-01-2018 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Added description

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I don't think we got the purpose of this thread, so I am going to give my "lessons learned"
    All of my claims have studies to support them:
    All legit diets are equal. It comes down to calories in vs out and personal preference
    Fasted cardio does not result in greater fat loss
    Rest intervals for a muscle group less than a minute does not maximize hypertrophy
    Hiit and steady state result in the same amount of calories burned. One is just more time efficient
    Resetting metabolism is a thing, and dieting for long periods of time will inhibit weight loss
    -------------------------into opinion area---------------
    Most trainers got their certification from a crackerjack box
    KISS keep it simple stupid. Stop adding shit to your cycle and overcomplicating it. Come up w a simple plan, and execute it.
    AIs are not necessarily needed
    Drugs are bad mmmmkay? And if you do drugs, then you're bad too mmmmmkay?

Thank you HMB. I agree that fasted cardio does not result in greater fat loss naturally. The moment you start taking AAS, this changes things. There are not enough studies using AAS to have scientific evidence.
    HIIT burns the same amount of calories however it is not the time doing the exercise, but the time after. I saw studies that HIIT afterburn lasts longer. This afterburn is the time to get enough oxygen back in your system, which burns calories. I think HIIT was 21-24 hours.
    Very good points you made.

This year, the biggest things that I have added to my toolbox were:
    1). Insulin - this was actually the end of last year. Very anabolic , cheap and legal.
    This is not for everyone and one must be very careful when using. RESPECT IT
    2) Feeders with BFR- Blood Flow Restruction. I am in the process of testing it (Chargers version) and I like the results so Far so I am including it. This may be the secret recipe I was looking for to increase my leg size.
    3) VG injection site- I can’t believe that I didn’t know about this sooner. No pain, easy access, and it will hold a shitload of gear.

Thank you HMB. I agree that fasted cardio does not result in greater fat loss naturally. The moment you start taking AAS, this changes things. There are not enough studies using AAS to have scientific evidence.
    HIIT burns the same amount of calories however it is not the time doing the exercise, but the time after. I saw studies that HIIT afterburn lasts longer. This afterburn is the time to get enough oxygen back in your system, which burns calories. I think HIIT was 21-24 hours.
    Very good points you made.

Yeah, those studies were on natties
    For the hiit, calories burned throughout the day were taken into account. Once again, on natties

Yeah, those studies were on natties
    For the hiit, calories burned throughout the day were taken into account. Once again, on natties

One of the things that I never saw mentioned was the effect on muscle gain. I attribute my leg size staying the same on cardio. I was running about 45 minutes. I changed to HIIt and my legs started growing.

balance likes this.

One of the things that I never saw mentioned was the effect on muscle gain. I attribute my leg size staying the same on cardio. I was running about 45 minutes. I changed to HIIt and my legs started growing.

I have read that as well. Hiit does lead to some hypertrophy

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    I have read that as well. Hiit does lead to some hypertrophy
    yeah, anything that is 'glycogen dependent' of an exercise can have hypertrophic benefits. HIIT is definitely glycogen dependent (especially something like HIIT done on a spin bike), where as LISS cardio is not glycogen dependent, its mainly lipolytic .
    Proximal and HoldMyBeer like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    regarding fasted cardio, the reason why studies from 'natural' phd's like lane Norton basically show that its all a matter of calories in vs calories out and it doesn't matter if your fasted for cardio or fed for cardio, as long as the total work load and calories burned are the same its all equal at the end,, is because he is doing these studies on natties from a natty mind set.

IF these studies were so convincingly true. then why does pretty much every high level iFBB pro, from the bikini girls to my Olympia utilize fasted cardio.. what don't they know about these studies ?

well they still use fasted cardio because they are NOT natty , and 90% of the drugs that they are using on contest prep work way way better for fat loss while fasted.
    its really that simple
    Proximal, balance and HoldMyBeer like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information