Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 82
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Modern Bodybuilding, Is The Era Of The Mass Monster Dead?

  1. #1
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,465
    Blog Entries
    6

    Question Modern Bodybuilding, Is The Era Of The Mass Monster Dead?

    I was listening to Dorian the other day. He feels like Physique and Classic Physique is going to kill modern bodybuilding. To tell you the Truth I actually feel that way as well. I love Classic and I really enjoy when 1981 post videos from the 80’s and 90’s.

    What do you guys think? is Dorian just a crotchety old timer or is he on to something?

    Last edited by MuscleScience; 02-06-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    Proximal, 956Vette and Obs like this.
    If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself. Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  2. #2
    AR's King Silabolin's Avatar
    AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,584
    Its already ruined and Dorian is rigth. No room for BBs even at the classical gyms anymore. What happens on the stage, is just 1% Im more concerned abouth the antiBB-policy from gyms. In the 90s everybody had big trousers and tank and banana. Nowadays its just me around. Almost in the hole city eating banana:-(
    Guess this trend also hits the mecca, like Venice and St. Monica, gyms in New York etc...fucking metros and feminists all over.
    MuscleScience likes this.

  3. #3
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    999
    Hopefully the whole mass monster thing does go away, the best body building era was the 50-70s and than it ended
    Frank Zane and Arnold had an impressive physique, the mass monsters today are impressive but I don't know anyone who actually wants to look like Jay Cutler or Phil Heath...

    Modern Bodybuilding, Is The Era Of The Mass Monster Dead?-proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

    They should also bring back the vacuum pose, nobody wants to see that GH/Insulin gut on stage

  4. #4
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Hopefully the whole mass monster thing does go away, the best body building era was the 50-70s and than it ended
    Frank Zane and Arnold had an impressive physique, the mass monsters today are impressive but I don't know anyone who actually wants to look like Jay Cutler or Phil Heath...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	175697

    They should also bring back the vacuum pose, nobody wants to see that GH/Insulin gut on stage
    I hate that turtle shell gut look too
    MuscleScience and Proximal like this.

  5. #5
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,465
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    I hate that turtle shell gut look too
    Me too, Dorian thinks it’s caused by insulin . In one interview he talked about how he took it his last year or two and how it started to expand his waistline. He said it reduced after he stopped.
    If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself. Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  6. #6
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mason Dixon
    Posts
    4,782
    I hope its going the fuccck away, its killed alot of good bodybuilders.

  7. #7
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,465
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I hope its going the fuccck away, its killed alot of good bodybuilders.
    Insulin ?
    If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself. Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  8. #8
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Monster mass has saved bodybuilding.

    Until the meaty boys stepped on stagecthere was no money in it.

    Both classic and open have a place.

    They save the big boys for last for the same reason bullriding is at the end of the rodeo.
    We dont see what common people see. Common people want the freak show. Kia Green, Roelly Winklarr, Phil, Seth, etc.

    Every sport evolves and it is evolved purely by what generates the most revenue.
    We want to see the best in a class.
    The common person could care less. This is America and we want the biggest and baddest looking.

    Bodybuildy is safe and mostly carried on the back of the open class. This is why open Mr O pays 6 times that of the 212 or classic class.

    I think vote for open Mr O should be crowd decision.
    If it had been... Roelly would have won and Kai would have too.

    If there were only classic physique, bodybuilding would be dead as a doornail across the board.
    fiddlesticks likes this.

  9. #9
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Also...

    I hear guys like dorian and Schwarzenneger bashing modern mass monsters as well as classic pysique competitors.

    I feel a lot of it is an insecurity because in their day they stepped on stage at their peak with 100lb less bodymass because they didnt have the pharma tech we do.

    They were the original mass monsters.
    They had no different mindset than the guys today do and if they could have put on the kind of mass possible today back then.... They would have.
    They didnt get to a certain size and say, "Ok thats all I am good."

    Hell no!
    If they could have they would.
    Today we can and do.

    I see it about as same as the old guy at the breakfast cafe saying, "I had arms like yours when I was a kid."

    No sir, no you did not.

  10. #10
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Can you imagine a 330 or 40 lb comp weight Shwarzenegger!?

    Shuck a bunch corn that would have been one scary mofo!

    He would have looked almost as good as Dallas!

  11. #11
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,465
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Also...

    I hear guys like dorian and Schwarzenneger bashing modern mass monsters as well as classic pysique competitors.

    I feel a lot of it is an insecurity because in their day they stepped on stage at their peak with 100lb less bodymass because they didnt have the pharma tech we do.

    They were the original mass monsters.
    They had no different mindset than the guys today do and if they could have put on the kind of mass possible today back then.... They would have.
    They didnt get to a certain size and say, "Ok thats all I am good."

    Hell no!
    If they could have they would.
    Today we can and do.

    I see it about as same as the old guy at the breakfast cafe saying, "I had arms like yours when I was a kid."

    No sir, no you did not.
    Evolving and evolving for the better are not the same. I think the modern mass monster can continue to evolve but hopefully in both aesthetics and presentation. They have to hit a vacuum as a manditory and the posing round MUST be scored again.
    Obs and Family_guy like this.
    If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself. Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  12. #12
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Evolving and evolving for the better are not the same. I think the modern mass monster can continue to evolve but hopefully in both aesthetics and presentation. They have to hit a vacuum as a manditory and the posing round MUST be scored again.
    Agree.
    Honestly though I dont understand any of it.

    Aesthetically Roelly had the best abs and proportion overall and was above and beyond bigger.

    Phil looked like he was pregnant and shawn was no comparison to my eyes.

    Guess its just my own personal favoritism following that of the peoples choice.

    Announcers were downplaying it if anything.

    "He loooks like a comic book character, probably the biggest arms ever on stage... He could possibly make the top five..."

    Then shawn and phil come out and they practically threw roses.

    I was so excited watching last years olympia.
    Roelly came out and I said holy shit he has got it!

    Fuck yeah Roelly! You show that freeloading baby momma that got your license taken away! Then he won peoples choice and I was shouting "Take that you dumb announcers."

    They called him out 3rd and I wanted to break shit!
    Whaaaaat! Lookat phils belly! Roelly must have knocked him up!
    Last edited by Obs; 02-07-2019 at 07:03 PM.
    MuscleScience and Family_guy like this.

  13. #13
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,465
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Agree.
    Honestly though I dont understand any of it.

    Aesthetically Roelly had the best abs and proportion overall and was above and beyond bigger.

    Phil looked like he was pregnant and shawn was no comparison to my eyes.

    Guess its just my own personal favoritism following that of the peoples choice.

    Announcers were downplaying it if anything.

    "He loooks like a comic book character, probably the biggest arms ever on stage... He could possibly make the top five..."

    Then shawn and phil come out and they practically threw roses.

    I was so excited watching last years olympia.
    Roelly came out and I said holy shit he has got it!

    Fuck yeah Roelly! You show that freeloading baby momma that got your license taken away! Then he won peoples choice and I was shouting "Take that you dumb announcers."

    They called him out 3rd and I wanted to break shit!
    Whaaaaat! Lookat phils belly! Roelly must have knocked him up!
    The people’s champ thing is very strange they started that. It tells me they recognize they have been getting it wrong but don’t really want to change anything.
    Obs and balance like this.
    If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself. Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  14. #14
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    The people’s champ thing is very strange they started that. It tells me they recognize they have been getting it wrong but don’t really want to change anything.
    Yeah...
    Thats actually a great point and you are probably dead on.
    They want money and cant get it without pleasing the crowd.
    I bet Kai leaving cost them a lot.
    MuscleScience likes this.

  15. #15
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mason Dixon
    Posts
    4,782
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Insulin?
    Along with recreational drug use and AAS, in theory those 2 combined can really damage the body ....300lb bodyweight just isnt healthy muscle or not thats only my opinion
    Obs, Family_guy and KennyJ like this.

  16. #16
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,465
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Along with recreational drug use and AAS, in theory those 2 combined can really damage the body ....300lb bodyweight just isnt healthy muscle or not thats only my opinion
    I agree, Insulin scares me more than about anything.
    KennyJ and Cuz like this.
    If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself. Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  17. #17
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Along with recreational drug use and AAS, in theory those 2 combined can really damage the body ....300lb bodyweight just isnt healthy muscle or not thats only my opinion
    It is fact.
    Just too much for the organs and thats why they enlarge to meet the demand
    KennyJ and Cuz like this.

  18. #18
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Wow, just when I was going to start both. Is the enlargement/danger due to long time usage or can the onset be pretty quick (in the case of the gut)? TY guys.
    Obs and KennyJ like this.

  19. #19
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    21,227
    This
    Modern Bodybuilding, Is The Era Of The Mass Monster Dead?-9fbd9d02-d0af-4e83-9c8f-12360eb8e317.jpeg
    Obs, Proximal, Family_guy and 1 others like this.

  20. #20
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Wow, just when I was going to start both. Is the enlargement/danger due to long time usage or can the onset be pretty quick (in the case of the gut)? TY guys.
    Ever notice how the arm veins on some of these guys is the size of a normal guys jugular?
    A heart has to feed this enormous body with blood and oxygen.

    It cracked me up how the coroner commented on Dallas's organs weight.

    His heart lung liver and kidneys were all 2-4 times that of a normal guys...

    Well no fucking shit! His biceps were four times that of a normal mans!

    Until you reach a point of crazy unnatural mass gear aint bad for you. The only way to get that kind of mass is gear. Guys drop dead because they are enormous and have enormous organs to feed their enormous muscle mass. Steroids dont cause enlargement of the left ventricle. Being huge does.
    MuscleScience and Proximal like this.

  21. #21
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Obs, it was a sincere question. Yeah, I get the fact that to be huge, there are sacrifices. That's the price for commitment to any/most goals. If I'm lying in my coffin because of this, I don't want a gut, maybe that's all I'm asking. I'll shoot out some PMs to others.
    Obs likes this.

  22. #22
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    This
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FBD9D02-D0AF-4E83-9C8F-12360EB8E317.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	175718
    Man, I remember when Zane beat him. I was so pissed. Mike had a great physique, really classic. I remember doing his HIT biceps workout in 78 Or 79, read about it in M&F. Holy F, 40 years - holy F.
    Obs and Family_guy like this.

  23. #23
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Obs, it was a sincere question. Yeah, I get the fact that to be huge, there are sacrifices. That's the price for commitment to any/most goals. If I'm lying in my coffin because of this, I don't want a gut, maybe that's all I'm asking. I'll shoot out some PMs to others.
    I wasnt attacking.
    I mean there is an obvious cause of death in the mass monsters.
    Proximal likes this.

  24. #24
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Obs, it was a sincere question. Yeah, I get the fact that to be huge, there are sacrifices. That's the price for commitment to any/most goals. If I'm lying in my coffin because of this, I don't want a gut, maybe that's all I'm asking. I'll shoot out some PMs to others.
    You wont be lying in your coffin because of gear.
    I wont either.
    I will be lying in my coffin with an elarged heart and dead young because of shiddy food, more mass than my body was intended, smoking, stimulants, pushing my body to the brink of rhabdomyolisis countless times, and a final reult of a bunch of spent organs.

    I wouldn't worry is my point. I didnt mean to come off rude at you at all. I was simply coming down on doctors that blame steroids for bodybuilders dying young.

    Bodybuilding at this level causes bodybuilders to die young imo.
    Proximal likes this.

  25. #25
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    I just wanted to ask about the gut. Dude, I'm 60, death is closer for me than if is for you, not my concern. I just don't want to look pregnant, lol, that's all I meant. BTW, my first touchdown today! At 60, is that some type of record?
    Last edited by Proximal; 02-08-2019 at 11:27 PM.
    Obs likes this.

  26. #26
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    I just wanted to ask about the gut. Dude, I'm 60, death is closer for me than if is for you, not my concern. I just don't want to look pregnant, lol, that's all I meant.
    Sorry I thought you were talking about organ enlargements health factors. On that factor it wont enlarge your organs until you have ridiculous mass imo that would require them to meet the demand.
    Proximal likes this.

  27. #27
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Also...

    I hear guys like dorian and Schwarzenneger bashing modern mass monsters as well as classic pysique competitors.

    I feel a lot of it is an insecurity because in their day they stepped on stage at their peak with 100lb less bodymass because they didnt have the pharma tech we do.

    They were the original mass monsters.
    They had no different mindset than the guys today do and if they could have put on the kind of mass possible today back then.... They would have.
    They didnt get to a certain size and say, "Ok thats all I am good."

    Hell no!
    If they could have they would.
    Today we can and do.

    I see it about as same as the old guy at the breakfast cafe saying, "I had arms like yours when I was a kid."

    No sir, no you did not.
    I agree to a certain extent about Arnold just not having the same drugs at his disposal to get bigger but I definitely disagree that he would just want to get bigger and bigger. If you listen to the way he talks about his physique back then he considers it a work of art. I agree.

    The aesthetics of those guys is really an amazing thing that has been lost now in the open class. Arnold’s proportions were beautiful to me. I love that look. And I don’t believe he would have ever come to the stage at 330 even if he could have....just my thoughts

  28. #28
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    I agree to a certain extent about Arnold just not having the same drugs at his disposal to get bigger but I definitely disagree that he would just want to get bigger and bigger. If you listen to the way he talks about his physique back then he considers it a work of art. I agree.

    The aesthetics of those guys is really an amazing thing that has been lost now in the open class. Arnold’s proportions were beautiful to me. I love that look. And I don’t believe he would have ever come to the stage at 330 even if he could have....just my thoughts
    I dont think that arnold dorian or any of those guys come close to this in effort or ability

    Modern Bodybuilding, Is The Era Of The Mass Monster Dead?-d72652e38f80794c8e9594c0f2a0b1ab_1549264535686.jpg

    ^^^^ This is a work of art ^^^

    Classic physique has its place. Just like classic cars.


    We will have to disagree on that.
    They strived to be as big as possible.
    They did the best they could without hgh and slin.
    They had thinner waists and generally less mass everywhere.
    Yes some of the new guys have a gut. It is required to put down the amount of food they do to maintain and grow.

    Modern Bodybuilding, Is The Era Of The Mass Monster Dead?-ed0f91046f1b068a778f30d74dba3db3.jpg
    Modern Bodybuilding, Is The Era Of The Mass Monster Dead?-images.jpeg

    Anold is an actor. He helped make bodybuilding famous with his poularity and attitude.
    Full respect to him.
    No comparison though. Look at roellys big bloated gut!!! Disgusting!

    Modern Bodybuilding, Is The Era Of The Mass Monster Dead?-_0010_1975arnoldschwarzenegger.jpg
    Last edited by Obs; 02-09-2019 at 01:23 AM.
    Family_guy likes this.

  29. #29
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Attachment 175724

    roelly was beat by these goofy looking fuckers
    Family_guy likes this.

  30. #30
    KennyJ's Avatar
    KennyJ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    This
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FBD9D02-D0AF-4E83-9C8F-12360EB8E317.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	175718
    Man that guy needed to be more dedicated and maybe he could have looked good.
    Obs and Family_guy like this.

  31. #31
    KennyJ's Avatar
    KennyJ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Attachment 175724

    roelly was beat by these goofy looking fuckers
    It won't let me open the image
    Obs likes this.

  32. #32
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    It won't let me open the image
    Modern Bodybuilding, Is The Era Of The Mass Monster Dead?-maxresdefault.jpg
    KennyJ and Family_guy like this.

  33. #33
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    21,227
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    Man that guy needed to be more dedicated and maybe he could have looked good.
    If he didn’t smoke and drink he’d still be alive.
    Obs and KennyJ like this.

  34. #34
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    I agree to a certain extent about Arnold just not having the same drugs at his disposal to get bigger but I definitely disagree that he would just want to get bigger and bigger. If you listen to the way he talks about his physique back then he considers it a work of art. I agree.

    The aesthetics of those guys is really an amazing thing that has been lost now in the open class. Arnolds proportions were beautiful to me. I love that look. And I dont believe he would have ever come to the stage at 330 even if he could have....just my thoughts
    Im 100% with you on this. Personally, I always thought he kept his thighs smaller than he could have made them, just to call focus upon & place more emphasis on other body parts like his arms and calves. And no way would he let the proportions of his waist overwhelm his physique. I think I recall him talking about going for an X shape (wide shoulders, tiny waist, big calves).

    Lets not forget Sergio either, talk about the genetics of a freak. Could you image him on all of this?

    I am a fan of legs, but after Tom Platz, I think everyone tried to top them & things got a bit distorted.

    Obs, thanks for trying to clarify. Ill be running 4ius of hgh, but minimal insulin (just pre & post workout for start). If I bloat, Ill stop because Im going for the exact opposite. Hey, how do you feel about higher taxes for the rich ?
    Family_guy likes this.

  35. #35
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Fuck this thread.

    YAY ARNROLD KING OF ZERO QUAD SWEEP AND ENORMOUSLY DISPROPORTIONAL LOOKING CHEST
    Last edited by Obs; 02-09-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    Proximal and Family_guy like this.

  36. #36
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    21,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Fuck this thread.

    YAY ARNROLD KING OF ZERO QUAD SWEEP AND ENORMOUSLY DISPROPORTIONAL LOOKING CHEST
    Rough night? You’re a little cranky this am.
    Family_guy likes this.

  37. #37
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Fuck this thread.

    YAY ARNROLD KING OF ZERO QUAD SWEEP AND ENORMOUSLY DISPROPORTIONAL LOOKING CHEST
    lmao Obs. Hey Arnold did manage the big belly in the movie Junior.
    Family_guy likes this.

  38. #38
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    lmao Obs. Hey Arnold did manage the big belly in the movie Junior.
    Thats good because he didnt really manage anything else but a chest.
    You should go drink some wine and talk about gaining mass.

    You are worried about getting a gut from hgh when its already round
    Last edited by Obs; 02-09-2019 at 11:00 AM.
    Family_guy likes this.

  39. #39
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Thats good because he didnt really manage anything else but a chest.
    You should go drink some wine and talk about gaining mass.

    You are worried about getting a gut from hgh when its already round
    Got it.

  40. #40
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,465
    Blog Entries
    6
    This is perfect in about every way.

    Modern Bodybuilding, Is The Era Of The Mass Monster Dead?-5bc3da4f-40bd-49f6-847f-bd79827333f0.jpeg
    Proximal and Family_guy like this.
    If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself. Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •