Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Sleep

bomb_r2 is offline Associate Member

Sleep

I went to the dr 2 weeks ago for a follow up on my rhabdomyolysis and I mentioned I couldn't sleep with out taking melatonin and benadryl every night. He said oh thats not too bad . Im wondering how do I get the dr t9 to give me something to sleep ? Not necessarily xanax but just something in general

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

Sleep

Don’t do benzodiazepines..addicting as hell!!
    Most everything that really works has sides
    Usually getting fat!
    I’ve tried many..
    Workout hard, sex, yoga
    Tell him your anxious over work or marriage
    Don’t seem seeking or your done..
    Ambiem work well but make me sleep eat..
    Not sleeping can make me miserable..sometimes I gotta reach for a Valium but, they are tough to kick..way I explain it is, all that sleep they give you..you’ll lose kicking them..like Einstein theory of relativity
    Not trying to give you sermon man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KINGKONG; 01-16-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    bomb_r2, Frank777 and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    Usually getting fat!
    I’ve tried many..
    Workout hard, sex, yoga
    Not sleeping can make me miserable..sometimes I gotta reach for a Valium but, they are tough to kick..way I explain it is, all that sleep they give you..you’ll lose kicking them..like Einstein theory of relativity

I've used benzos in the past . Honestly I sleep eat anyways so not worried about that or getting fat. I might tell him it's messing with my every day life

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    KINGKONG likes this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

Sleep

Love benzos man but I can give great advice that I don’t follow..I simply don’t become dependent ..think you would have better luck with a shrink..
    I know you know everything
    But it’s nice to hear it from someone else..
    Good luck

“Used to think I knew it all, then got older”
    Last edited by KINGKONG; 01-16-2020 at 08:38 PM.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ambien works miracles for me but like everything else doctors have got ridiculously cautious about prescribing it. A couple of years ago I was going to have a rotator cuff surgically repaired so I knew I was going to spend about three months wearing an "immobilizer" on the affected arm that would keep my upper arm held at 45° away from my body. Which was guaranteed to screw up my sleep pattern because I could only go to sleep when lying on my stomach.

So I asked the doc for some Ambien to get me over the hump. He refused. But he did give me a script for 30 10mg oxycontin.

He refused to give me ambien but gave me oxy I didn't even ask for. Is that fucked up or that? In most of the civilized world you can buy ambien OTC.

The recovery from that surgery did fuck up my sleep habits seven ways to Sunday and I'm still not straight.

But besides the melatonin there's also valerian root and the old homopathic aid, camomile tea. I've tried them all and nothing much works for me except ambien Or an opiate. Ambien gives me 6-8 hours of natural quality sleep with zero sides.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’ve taken them all. Ambien has too short of a 1/2 for me life as do benzos. Xanax is nice because it’s an anxiolytic and you get a nice buzz before you fall asleep but it’s shit at increasing deep sleep. I’ve had the best luck with trazadone, 100 mgs for me is great. Now I will take .5 of a Xanax along with it if I can fall asleep. Think of trazadone keeping the fuse lit, but Xanax lighting it. If it’s waking up a lot or not hitting REM, then trazadone is a cheap and effective medicine. Most start around 50 mgs and can go up to 2 or 300. Insurance cost will be 2$ out of pocket for 30 days like 11 or 15$. I like the Teva generic the best. A pharmacy can order it. Generic manufacturers are allotted a variance by up to 20% on their meds, so finding the right generic is important

I’ve also had success with some DSIP alongside. You can look into those and try them separately or together

If just falling asleep is an issue, benzodiazepines can help but as mentioned are habit forming and you get horrible rebound when you stop. Ambien can be effective there as they’re a GABA drug and not a benzo, it just wears off to fast on me...even the CR version. Lunesta has a longer half life and is a gaba drug but the 3 mgs have like a 75% rate of metallic taste and it’s brutal, gave me headaches too, but some people love it. It’s generic now too
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 01-16-2020 at 11:58 PM.
    KINGKONG likes this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    I don't know... Never had any real trouble sleeping...

Masturbation, although considered by most to be highly addictive, it cums (sorry) without the debilitating side-effects which accompany many of the other sleep aides.
    bomb_r2, KINGKONG and Madcox like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Shit, less stress would b enough for me

Since that’s not currently an option, I do 1/2mg of Alprozalam - I am trying to pull it back even more. . . Just after the years of self abuse in various ways - sleep isn’t as easy to come by - but, certainly is a must
    BG and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    I would try natural ways first. Meditation, yoga, sex, exercises, warm bath can help. When I can't sleep I smoke some weed (btw, I found a good source to get it here). It works great, also it helps to reduce stress. And I noticed that I wake up in the morning without tiredness after using it.
    Last edited by Frank777; 03-29-2020 at 05:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
    When I can't sleep I smoke some weed. It works great, also it helps to reduce stress. And I noticed that I wake up in the morning without tiredness after using it.

Not me,

If I get stoned before bed, I kinda get the opposite effect

I tried melatonin(wife takes it), my dreams were all weird & all over the place + I woke up groggy

1/4 Bar does me perfect

I miss my dose some days, if I’m drinking or just real tired

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    1/4 Bar does me perfect
    This might sound like a strange thing to say... but if you become accustomed to this stuff, you reach a point where you forget how to fall asleep.

I remember one night going to bed without any, and then just lying there and thinking to myself, "Now what?". Best way I can describe it is I forgot how to fall asleep. I just lay there waiting for something to happen but not really sure if I was supposed to do something. Sort of like being strapped into a rollercoaster but the ride is turned off so you just sit there in the cab for a minute or two waiting for something to happen, so then you start thinking is there a button I press or something to get this going?
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    5iu of hgh daily and i can sleep anywhere anytime. All i gotta do is lay back and close my eyes and im out cold. Its something i was never able to do before hgh use. It worked at 3.3iu daily but ive upped the dose since then.

kkWttrs is offline New Member

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    This might sound like a strange thing to say... but if you become accustomed to this stuff, you reach a point where you forget how to fall asleep.

I remember one night going to bed without any, and then just lying there and thinking to myself, "Now what?". Best way I can describe it is I forgot how to fall asleep. I just lay there waiting for something to happen but not really sure if I was supposed to do something. Sort of like being strapped into a rollercoaster but the ride is turned off so you just sit there in the cab for a minute or two waiting for something to happen, so then you start thinking is there a button I press or something to get this going?
    Might as well finally reply to this

I do agree with this - but, in my current state - sleep is more important than a little sleep meds. . . I tried a few days without. I can do it, but it’s difficult - I have to b tired(but, not too tired), not stressed & b anxiety free < all those are are a tough combo for me. . . I started the xAnax when I was coming down from _____ - it stuck around even after I stopped. . . I tried melatonin, but it’s more of a hit or miss. . . My sleep schedule now is completely not normal - I have to be asleep by 7:30 to 9:00, no matter what I wake up at 2:30(it’s usually 2:34 exactly) - I have no idea why. But, it works for me & I feel rested

Tovarasu is offline Junior Member
    I was prescribed trittico, imovane and olanzapine from which i gained 65 pounds, before meds i had sleep problems now i have weight problems :/ None of that natural shit works for me valerian or others.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    There are sites where you can buy research chem benzos. But they're hell to get off of. Clonazalam was one that would give you the KO punch for a good 8 hours. But when you detox from them, the anxiety, and body aches were awful alone. Add on top of that seeing bright lights in your eyes, when the room is pitch black and not being able to control the muscles in your hand to grab something off the table. Diclazepam would also help put you to sleep, but without the "euphoria" feeling xanax will give you. It's also highly addictive and you have to slowly taper off them once you get hooked.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    There are sites where you can buy research chem benzos. But they're hell to get off of. Clonazalam was one that would give you the KO punch for a good 8 hours. But when you detox from them, the anxiety, and body aches were awful alone. Add on top of that seeing bright lights in your eyes, when the room is pitch black and not being able to control the muscles in your hand to grab something off the table. Diclazepam would also help put you to sleep, but without the "euphoria" feeling xanax will give you. It's also highly addictive and you have to slowly taper off them once you get hooked.
    I spent years on xan and clonazepam. I find if I I smoke a bowl and pop 2 muscle relaxers and put on Celtic music with the lights off boom I'm asleep within 5 hours

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bomb_r2 View Post
    I spent years on xan and clonazepam. I find if I I smoke a bowl and pop 2 muscle relaxers and put on Celtic music with the lights off boom I'm asleep within 5 hours
    I'm from Ireland so we don't put on Celtic music, we just put on music.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bomb_r2 View Post

Boom...5 hours huh? Just like that. Quick and easy.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I take 100mg of Trazadone and 3mg Lunesta and have for years. Always sleep 7-8 hours straight through. I also got a CPAP few years ago and that was a life changer.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    I take 100mg of Trazadone and 3mg Lunesta and have for years. Always sleep 7-8 hours straight through. I also got a CPAP few years ago and that was a life changer.
    150 of trazadone was a game changer for me....

I know I need a CPAP. Like hearing “life changer” - gives me hope
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    lmao

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post

I’m pretty sure that weird ass apparatus would help me also - but, fuck this - can I just get an iron lung to sleep in?

My sleep med doses would have to double for me to be able to sleep with “this” on my face Click image for larger version. 

Name:	961E8847-3FC0-4355-8CAE-1B163A46D2D9.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	179890

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    150 of trazadone was a game changer for me....

I hear this from pts all the time - "it has changed my life, life changer, the best thing I've ever done for myself, wish I had done this year's ago, etc". The way they talk it up, it makes me want to get one...and I don't even have sleep apnea. Lol
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Blog Entries
    I hear this from pts all the time - "it has changed my life, life changer, the best thing I've ever done for myself, wish I had done this year's ago, etc". The way they talk it up, it makes me want to get one...and I don't even have sleep apnea. Lol
    Kick it up a notch & get an iron lung

Yea unless I get a second wind and I'm up 35hrs

beanpo1e is offline Junior Member
    I've been supplementing Glycine and L-Theanine before bed for awhile now. It doesn't help me fall asleep any sooner, but I do feel more rested.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beanpo1e View Post
    I've been supplementing Glycine and L-Theanine before bed for awhile now. It doesn't help me fall asleep any sooner, but I do feel more rested.

I will have to look into this

I don't wanna sound like an old granny here.... but sleep is something that should be looked at as a very longterm enterprise.

There are immediate fixes (e.g. Ambien/Zolpidem, Zopiclone, benzodiazpenes), there are mid-term fixes like habitually taking supplements such as melatonin, and then there's the longterm fixes.

I think anyone who's struggled with sleep for a portion of their life will say they wish they'd skipped all the quick fixes and just headed straight to the longterm fixes (even though the longterm fixes don't give immediate relief).

The longterm fix for me is my 1 hour of meditation per day, but I also eat well and I don't drink or smoke (although I got through lockdown with a little help of my local liquor store but hopefully that's behind me now).

For some people, the longterm fix is getting into a steady routine of daily prayer, or daily Bible reading, or both. For some people, it's a yoga class three times a week. Some people chant, some people write poetry. Some people do all of this stuff together as a sort of "wellbeing package".

Natural restful sleep comes naturally to a person who isn't troubled in one way or another, it comes naturally to a person who can wind down and sit still without their mind constantly meandering in and out of thought. For me, taking supplements and medicines to make me sleep would only steer me further away from my goal of natural restful sleep.

I really think that those of you with sleep problems should invest in something far more longterm, even if it means going back to church on Sunday's. Whatever enables you to wind down.

With all this said though, sleep deprivation can sap the joy out of life, and so if you're really suffering then get Ambien off your doctor. But even while availing of these short-term quick fixes, I would still be looking into something more longterm.

Last thing: You should have the right attitude to not being able to sleep. For instance if you've just recently start seeing a bereavement counselor, then accept that you have willingly signed up for headaches and restless nights. Emotional resotration is not a pleasant experience, and so if you lie in bed at night trying to sleep then at least accept that this current process is productive and beneficial to you. But of course if it gets too much then take an Ambien.

Blog Entries
    ^ fuck that - I’ll stick to drugs, if I’m alive(which I am, apparently) I don’t have time for bull shit - meditation for me consists of weight lifting & smoking weed

Shit, sounds nice tho - fuck, maybe if I won the lottery & my health stayed in check - shit, I’m ok with just my health staying in check - I’ll figure out the rest

That’s the coolest thing - I watch my son sleep. Man, I wish - he can sleep anywhere any time when he’s tired. Sleeps a solid af 9 hours no problem

Ah, the things we take for granted

I haven’t slept like that since I was his age or so
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Yagna212 is offline New Member

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I don't wanna sound like an old granny here.... but sleep is something that should be looked at as a very longterm enterprise.

There are immediate fixes (e.g. Ambien/Zolpidem, Zopiclone, benzodiazpenes), there are mid-term fixes like habitually taking supplements such as melatonin, and then there's the longterm fixes.

I think anyone who's struggled with sleep for a portion of their life will say they wish they'd skipped all the quick fixes and just headed straight to the longterm fixes (even though the longterm fixes don't give immediate relief).

The longterm fix for me is my 1 hour of meditation per day, but I also eat well and I don't drink or smoke (although I got through lockdown with a little help of my local liquor store but hopefully that's behind me now).

For some people, the longterm fix is getting into a steady routine of daily prayer, or daily Bible reading, or both. For some people, it's a yoga class three times a week. Some people chant, some people write poetry. Some people do all of this stuff together as a sort of "wellbeing package".

Natural restful sleep comes naturally to a person who isn't troubled in one way or another, it comes naturally to a person who can wind down and sit still without their mind constantly meandering in and out of thought. For me, taking supplements and medicines to make me sleep would only steer me further away from my goal of natural restful sleep.

I really think that those of you with sleep problems should invest in something far more longterm, even if it means going back to church on Sunday's. Whatever enables you to wind down.

With all this said though, sleep deprivation can sap the joy out of life, and so if you're really suffering then get Ambien off your doctor. But even while availing of these short-term quick fixes, I would still be looking into something more longterm.

Last thing: You should have the right attitude to not being able to sleep. For instance if you've just recently start seeing a bereavement counselor, then accept that you have willingly signed up for headaches and restless nights. Emotional resotration is not a pleasant experience, and so if you lie in bed at night trying to sleep then at least accept that this current process is productive and beneficial to you. But of course if it gets too much then take an Ambien.
    ^^^ Sounds like what somebody who doesn't have an insomnia problem. Sleep deprivation is hell to experience. Besides most of us have jobs we have to be mentally sharp for. And on top of that, I don't know about you, but if I'm not well rested, I can't lift for shit in the gym.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    ^^^ Sounds like what somebody who doesn't have an insomnia problem.
    Yeah but the question is why don't I have insomnia?

How easily and how well you sleep is determined by a few different things in your lifestyle. An ability to remain calm in hectic situations tends to be a skill that transfers well across to sleeping.

By the way I've had all sorts of sleeping problems in the past, everything from regularly sleeping 12 to 14 hours a day, to lying in bed all night awake til my alarm clock goes off. Worst part of all was the fatigue... drinking caffeine drinks in college trying to make it til 4pm so I can go home to sleep. I used to sleep during my lunch break in an old job I had (there was a 'quiet room' in the building so I pretended to lay down reading a book when really I was sleeping).

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    Usually getting fat!
    I’ve tried many..
    Workout hard, sex, yoga

Great advice! I guess it is wise not to take various meds. I'd start with natural ways of treatment. Also, changing s daily schedule might help, though all this requires time, you won't see the result the next day.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Pramipexole that they use to sell on the ar lion rui was the best thing ever for sleeping.

I know it is used for lowering prolactin but I would take it before bed and would pass out all night and wake up feeling really refreshed.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    I take ketipinor two 0.25 mg tabs if i cant sleep. It works so good that the placebo kicks in usually i fall asleep asap after taking it in(if i was in bed and couldnt fall asleep 30 min i take pill in and bb instantly usually). The knowing that im gonna fall asleep soon 100% just relaxes you. When i was in prison they gave ketipinor literally to everyone who sayd they cant sleep. I took it there for 1 year straight every day and then dropped it ove4night and had no problems falling asleep so its not addictive or doesnt fuck up natty sleep, seems atleast. I have no exp with any other sleep med but this one defently works and i can reccomend if needed. Ofc its better not to take anything and i try to not take it when i dont need to but im happy that i have it as insurance if i need sleep before a hard day or whatever A psychiatrist can write it probably just go in and say it takes hours to fall asleep, wake up at night and only get like 2h of sleep a night or something like that
    Last edited by s1nc1ty; 01-22-2023 at 03:51 PM.

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I take 10mg of ambien when I can’t sleep. It works most of the time but there are some nights when even that won’t put me down. I never feel great waking up but sometimes I find that the nights I use ambien I feel worse.

I honestly don’t know why everyone loves Xanax… I had it prescribed to me over two years ago and haven’t even finished my original script. They are .25mg and I believe I’ve taken as many as 3 or 4 and felt nothing… they maybe slightly take the edge off and make me a little drowsy but I definitely wouldn’t say I feel “good” or relaxed on them by any means.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

dwiwill is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    I take 10mg of ambien when I can’t sleep. It works most of the time but there are some nights when even that won’t put me down. I never feel great waking up but sometimes I find that the nights I use ambien I feel worse.

I honestly don’t know why everyone loves Xanax… I had it prescribed to me over two years ago and haven’t even finished my original script. They are .25mg and I believe I’ve taken as many as 3 or 4 and felt nothing… they maybe slightly take the edge off and make me a little drowsy but I definitely wouldn’t say I feel “good” or relaxed on them by any means.
    I was prescribed Xanax a long time ago. TBH, I'm afraid of it. It does work but it's a too strong med. Additionally, it caused me sides (headaches, nausea) the next day. Canada pharmacy states other more serious side effect I'd like to avoid. So I got rid of it before it became an addiction.
    Last edited by dwiwill; 01-30-2023 at 10:13 AM.

wellshii is offline Member
    I havnt slept since this thread was started
    Booz likes this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    I havnt slept since this thread was started
    You know there is this desease fatal insomnia i think its called. Basically in the end you will be completely unable to sleep. You will be awake for like a year straight, slowly go mad from the lack of sleep(loss of cognitive ability, hallucinations,etc) and die in the end.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information